Book 2: chapter 9 ~ years of pain

Two years had passed since helke's disappearance. Thranduil had searched high and low, often waring himself and laure out. At first he had been devastatingly sad, then angry but now there was nothing. He was nothing close to the great king he had been. The leaving of helke had left a gaping hole in his life. And his heart. Worst of all, he was powerless. He didn't know if she was dead or alive. If she had been taken against her will or had gone gladly. He had soon felt betrayed, fearing she had deserted him and that fear had not left him completely. He often slept in until midday, too tired and lethargic to do anything. He ate as much that would keep breathe in his body. Nothing more. Ringa had also picked up the disappearance of helke and would often whine to thranduil sadly. More often then not this agitated Thranduil he would often find himself shouting at the creature, as if it could understand. Melima had died 5 months after helke's disappearance from old age also.
Legolas had seen his father going rapidly down hill over the past years. He thought that this must have been what had happened when his mother had died, but he had been too young to remember that.
Thranduil was sat at his desk in his study, staring at the wood of his desk. His skin was grey and sickly-looking, His hair dull and dry. He had sent messages to all other elves realms, calling for their help. They too had sent search parties out but found no sign of helke. Thranduil was sure he would never see helke again, and he was close to stepping down from his place as king......

Helke (or valladea as she was known as) however was not having such a terrible time. She was learning about all aspects of life around her with Luca. She had also fallen in love with the gypsy king and had earned his love in return. Although travelling around was an amazing life and Luca was a kind man...but she felt empty sometimes. She was surrounded by people that were loving and gracious to her....but...she felt that deep down she was missing someone.
"Vall? Are you okay? You've been awfully quiet" Luca commented as he looked over at his quiet lover. They had been close to committing to each other once or twice but each time helke had refused, saying she could not. That it felt.....wrong. Luca had assured her that she was just nervous and that he would be patient for her to become ready. He did not know that it was helke's continence, telling her that she had already committed herself to another and that she must not betray them.
All elves were still on guard for any sign of the king's missing lover, but there had been no sign for a year and some had given up. SOME. Haldir of lothlorien had not given up hope. He was sure that helke was still alive. Everyday he would check the guards that had been on night watch for any news. But he was not doing it for thranduil. He was doing it for helke. He found helke's beauty rare and pure, something he felt should not be taken from the world so quickly.
"I am fine" smiled vall as she put her head on his shoulder and Luca smiled down at her. It was summertime now which meant vall would often need to travel within the caravan to prevent her from dying and de-hydrating in the sunlight. Vall pressed a soft, cooling kiss to luca's neck making him shiver slightly. His hair was a tad longer now and he would often tie it back when doing strenuous labour such as fixing a caravan or exercising. Vall had once walked in on him doing shirtless sit ups and had been embarrassed ever since. But vall had Also made good friends with the fire gifted Adelaide and Luca often found the two chatting. Vall had also been taught many ancient dances and often showed the younger members of the camp the beautiful ice she possessed. All in all she was extremely popular with luca's people and many even said she was a blessing, that they had never seen their leader so happy until now. Luca began to hum a tune as old as the rivers and mountains as his horse's hooves clipped on the dirt track. He checked his map again (still humming) and found that it was not long until they arrived at a large field that they often settled in before valladea had arrived. Vall took a small sip of the water from the pouch as she began to feel lightheaded.
"We'll be there soon" Luca comforted, sending vall's discomfort and vall smiled. She kissed him on the lips and smiled, despite that strange, tingling feeling in her stomach. She felt it whenever she and Luca exchanged affection but brushed it, thinking everybody felt the same when they were in love. Yes, she was in love with Luca and he loved her in return. There wasn't a day that Luca didn't thank the stars that fayla had brought news to him of the Iceling, calling her by the name 'helke'.
Elves, he hated them with a passion.
They were arrogant and stuck up, as well as heartless. He especially hated their eye for rare objects, that (he felt) had been what lead vall to being ensnared by the king. He never knew the strong love the two shared, he was told by fayla that vall was being kept their by her will. Luca put the reigns on his lap and began to tap tobacco into his pipe. He took a box of matches out of the pocket and lit the pipe with the flame.
"How about I teach you how to ride a horse when we settle?" Asked Luca as he puffed on the sweet smelling tobacco.
"That sounds....dangerous" vall said as she looked at the strong shoulders of the horses in front.
"No" chuckled Luca. "No they are very tame. They will stop on command! besides, I will be there the entire time" he pointed out and vall chewed on her lip.
"Okay" she finally nodded.

Soon they pulled up to the clearing and Luca began to untack his horses, deciding they had worked hard enough today and that vall would ride tomorrow. His back cracked as he stretched and stepped off his caravan. He helped vall down and she giggled as he grabbed her, carrying her side saddle.
"Put me down" she giggled as he began placing tickling kisses on her pale neck. She wriggled and kicked as he continued to kiss her, only to make him lose balance and for the two to land on their behinds, still laughing.
Luca went through and helped put up tents and begin to build a large fire in the middle. Vall watched with a smile from the inside of the caravan as a small child ran up to Luca and bumped into his leg falling over. Luca crouched down and helped the child to his feet and brushed away their tears. Ruffled the child's hair as his mother came over and bowed in respect to Luca. Luca picked up the child and passed him to his mother. He had a fatherly nature to the young children of his camp and protected them like they were his own.
Luca walked back over to vall and smiled at her as she sat in his caravan. "Enjoying the view?" He chuckled as he looked out at his people with vall.
"Not anymore" she said and he looked up confused. "You are no longer in it" she smiled and he chuckled.
"You're very corny love" he remarked as he sat next to vall. She only pressed a kiss to his lips which he returned gladly. He soon slipped his tongue into her mouth slowly and she shuddered in the way he rubbed the warm muscle against her own. She gripped his black striped white hair as he continued to kiss her passionately in full view of his people. His hands gripped her lower back and he rubbed and squeezed the flesh through her dress. He leant down and sucked at her neck, creating a small pink-ish purple hickey. He smirked at his job and pressed one last kiss to vall's lips before pulling away.
"I love you, Luca" she breathed through her smiled.
"I love you two, valladea" he pressed his forehead to her's in a loving gesture. At that moment there was a small cough and an tiny voice said "m-my lord?" Luca looked down to see a young blonde women who's name was zinnia. Behind her was a lad who looked only a few years younger then how old Luca appeared to be. The two looked extremely nervous. He merely waited for them to speak.
"My lord Luca. You have been very good to us for the years we have traveled with you. You have kept us from danger and provided food and water for us" the man started. Luca's eyes narrowed. "I have bonded with zinnia, I love her more them anything. And....and now she is with child" he admitted and Luca arched an eyebrow.
If there was a new baby on the way Luca was always the first to hear about it. He was the one that either said yes or no to the child's birth. Up until now he had never said no.
"We wish to have your blessing for us to wed and have this child" he requested and there was pleading thick in his voice. Luca thought for a few minutes, looking up at the sky and watched a sparrow fly high and cheep cheerfully.
"Yes"
Luca never remembered even opening his mouth. In fact he had not even spoken. He looked down at vall in surprise to see a soft smile on her features.
"Yes?" Asked zinnia who looked close to tears.
"Yes" vall nodded and the zinnia hugged her lover and they laughed happily.
"Thank you" they bowed to vall and Luca (who had still not said a word) and trotted off happily, hand in hand. Vall looked shyly at Luca, not knowing whether he would be angry or not. But his face held half amusement and half astonishment.
"I didn't know your name was Luca" he pointed out and vall rolled her eyes but still smiled...