Thinking Out Loud || #Wattys2...

By kehlanixkordei

Camila is Miami Highs girls soccer team assistant. She's made fun of for no reason. But has the biggest crush... More

1: Washing Uniforms
2: Work Outs
3: Texting buddies
4: Hanging Out and Hooking Up
5: Rave Lights and Fight Nights
6: Paris
7: Making up and out
8: Smelling Revenge
9: My Everything
10: 1st Place
11: Problems
12: Conflicted
13: Homecoming
14: Daddy Divorce
15: Going All Out
16: Planning
17: The Big Day
18: Getting Caught
19: Loosing Myself
20: Trying to Reason
21:Last Games
22: Fix a heart
23: Good News and Bad News
25: Going Home
26: I Hate ThanksGiving
27: Keeping a Secret (Not)
28: Results
29: Planning a Party
30: Emergency
31: Anger Managment.
32: A new Chapter
33: The Start of Something New
34: Lost it all
35: Over Time
36: First Day
37: Smash Into You
38: It Was Just a Test
39: Letting You In
40: I Know Im Not the Only One
41: Leave Your Lover
42: Picking the perfect one
43: Games Girls and Gems
44: The Last Step
Epilouge

24: Slow Recovery

14.6K 410 120
By kehlanixkordei

Lauren was still in surgery and everyone was terrified. Camila was pacing back and forth again.

"What's taking so long?" The brunette asked.

"It takes time Mila." Dinah said softly.

"How much time?" Camila asked annoyed.

"Camila..." Dinah said rolling her eyes. The brunette kept pacing and thinking to herself.

Something's wrong. She's not going to make it. I should have never left. Damn it dinah. Doctor come out and tell us what's going on. For fuck sakes.

Camila looked up and saw the OR doors open. Lauren's doctor walked out and everyone stood up to look at him.

"Well..." He said looking down.

"No....no no no! Please tell me she's ok!" Camila said looking at him.

"She's ok...but she's not good. She'll make full recovery. Trust me. But it will be slow. Very slow. She'll be at least fully recovered in early spring so no winter sports. She'll still be good to play sports but not right now. She'll be admitted back to her room so you may all go see her but two at a time." He said walking back into the OR.

---
Camila sat in the hospital room with Lauren. She was sleeping and Camila looked at her features. So relaxed yet she was so pale. Paler than usual. Camila touched her hand softly. She was so cold. Everyone had gone home for the night. Michael had ran home to get some clothes for himself and Lauren. She was going to be able to get out the hospital gown soon.

Camila walked to the door of the hospital room and looked for a nurse.

"Hey Jake." Camila said softly to the blonde nurse.

"Hey Camila. Is everything good with Lauren?" He asked softly.

"Yeah. She's just really cold could I get an extra blanket for her?" The brunette asked.

"Sure. Hold on." He walked into a little room off the side and came back with a blanket.

"Thanks." She walked in the room and opened the blanket.

"Lauren babe." Camila said softly.

"Hmm?"

"Scoot over some." Camila said. It took Lauren a minute but she moved over a bit and Camila got in the bed beside her. It wasn't easy but it worked. She covered them both up and snuggled into Lauren.

"I love you." Camila mumbled kissing Lauren's Jaw. She fell asleep beside Lauren who out of habit wrapped her arm around her for security.

---
The next morning rolled around and Lauren was sitting in her bed in normal sweats watching TV with Camila beside her.

"Have you seen how many meds I have to take?" The green eyed girl groaned.

"Five right? It's five or six." Camila shrugged looking at her.

"You shrug like its no big deal! That's a lot then they are big also!" Lauren freaked out.

"Lauren calm down. You'll be fine." Camila said rubbing her bare arm. "Aren't you cold. With a sleeveless shirt?"

"Not really why? Should I be cold?" Lauren asked softly.

"No. I'm just cold. It's freezing in this room."

"Aw poor baby." Lauren smirked.

"You're annoying." Camila grumbled. The nurse walked in and smiled at the two.

"Hi Jake." Camila smiled and waved.

"Not Jake. I'm Jason. Jake's my twin brother. Haha. But Lauren I'm here to take all these IV's out of your arm and walk you down to your new room. Your dads down there waiting for you already." He said smiling.

"You have a twin!! That's why when ever I called you Jake from behind you didn't answer." Camila smiled getting off the bed.

"Yeah. Haha it's fine though. Jake is Lauren's night nurse I'm her Morning nurse and our sister is her afternoon nurse. Now Lauren would you rather walk or get wheeled to the next building over?" He asked taking the IV out her arm carefully and putting a bandage on it.

"Walk I guess. I really don't mind."

"Alright. Give me a second and we will head on over." He said walking out the room. Lauren sat back down on her bed and groaned.

"What's wrong?"

"I have a shooting pain going through my left arm. It hurts a lot." Lauren said softly. Jason walked back in with a sling.

"This is for your arm. So that it doesn't hurt when resting by your side. Don't lift your arm above your head for about a week and what sucks about the defib is you can't shower for two weeks because the device could malfunction and your stitches aren't healed completely so water could get into the cut then to the defib and we all know water and electricity doesn't mix well. Other than than you'll be on a slow road to recovery." He said looking at us.

"Alright." Lauren smiled standing up and slipping her arm into the sling. Camila grabbed her free hand and they followed Jason to the new room.

"Also. Try to use your cellphone on the right side of your body. The radio waves could mess up the defibrillator." He added. They walked for a while passing people that worked at the hospital. A few nurses that helped with the operation said hello to Lauren and Camila also. It took a while but they reached Lauren's room.

"Ok Lauren we need to test a few things so just sit here." Jason said guiding her to the bed. He connected an oxygen tank and put the mask on her face. He took it off momentarily and turned the machine off. He lifted Lauren's shirt which Camila glared about and rolled her eyes. Putting the stethoscope on her chest then on her back making her take deep breaths.

"Alright everything is good. Haley will be in shortly to talk to you about rehab and therapy. See you guys later." he smiled before leaving.

"Haley...she sounds cute." Lauren smirked.

"The fact that you just said that."

"I wasn't finished. She sounds cute but Camila...Sounds hot." Lauren saved herself.

"Good save looser." Camila rolled her eyes before kissing Lauren softly.

"I'm hungry..." The green eyed girl groaned.

"I can help you with that. Hi I'm Haley. Your physical therapist." She shook hands with Lauren and Camila.

"She's at least thirty so don't get to excited." Camila whispered in her ear. Lauren squinted at her and rolled her eyes turning her attention back to the lady before her.

"So im going to give you this pad and you can write down what you'd like for breakfast. Lunch and dinner. Or even if your friend here would like to run down to the cafe with you. You can get things from there." She said handing Lauren the pen and pad. Camila rested her head on Lauren's shoulder out of habit.

"Now you will have therapy two times a week. Even after you leave you'll have to come back twice a week to do the therapy. Therapy is just going to be getting your heart stronger. I heard you're a soccer star. So yeah if you want to play in college your heart has to be strong so well just be doing basic cardio. That's about it. Any questions?" She asked.

"Nope none. Oh here." Lauren handed her the pad with a few things she wanted on it.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow." She waved bye and Lauren went to talk to Camila who was sleep on her shoulder. Struggling she let Camila lay down and laid beside her.

---
Lauren had started her physical therapy and was running on a treadmill while Hayley timed her.

"So is that girl your best friend?" Hayley asked.

"No no she's my girlfriend. I guess you could say she's my best friend too." The green eyes girl smiled.

"That's cute. Is she coming in today?" Hayley asked looking up at her.

"No. I told her to stay home and catch up on all her missed school work. I don't want her to fall behind because of me." The soccer player said. The machine beeped and she stepped off.

"Well good job for today Lauren I'll see you on Friday." She and Lauren walked back to her room.

I hate being in this place. Lauren thought. She looked at her phone

12:15 miss you babe.

She smiled at the text and sent one back.

12:45 sorry for the late reply I was in therapy for a while. So what are you up to?

12:46 doing make up work. Not much happened in the past week. But our teachers gave me work to give you. You have two term papers due. I'll help you write them OK?

12:48 ugh for English I'm guessing and philosophy

12:52 yes for those two classes. You'll be fine OK. I'll help you. :)

12:54 send me a pic. ;)

12:55 Lauren......

12:57 please....just 1

12:59 fine just make sure I get one back.

Camila sent a selfie which made Lauren laugh. She sent one back.

1:03 you're clever. Now get your ass down here I need those lips.

1:05 coming.

Lauren set her phone down and flopped back on the bed.

"I really hate it in here." She mumbled.
---
:) no drama............. Yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 51.3K 70
What happens when Camila Cabello meets her celebrity crush Lauren Jauregui?
33.8K 793 1
of course camila just had to go and get a crush on her best friend's hot older sister
1.8K 54 8
Camila transfers to Miami University in the middle of the term to be closer to her sister Sofia when she's not in the best mental state. There she d...
475K 12.5K 39
Camila: 16 years, straight A's student, best friends with Jennel, Dinah, Keaton and in a relationship with Cece. Lauren: 17 years, captain of the gir...