Petals of Charm | JJBA PT.3...

By roel-ene

[VARIOUS] [FEM!READER] (Name) A. Zeppeli thrived in Rome, Italy, for seventeen years after the strange occur... More

chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8

chapter 1 + author's note

274 6 0
By roel-ene

*awkwardly waves* Hello! Welcome to the Petals of Charm; Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders [Reader-Insert].
As of days and weeks passed by, the day I shared this book for the readers of Jojo fanbase. Then re-reading the published Chapters 1-6. I feel the strong need to revise, replace, and edit it as my writing has slightly improved since I create the chapters in advance.
Tomboy-ish Reader stays! However, Skylar Fermi is he/his/him now to avoid confusion - as much as I want him to remain gender-neutral.
The Kakyoin/Reader/Jotaro platonic relationship idea stays!

Let the revisions of published Chapters 1-6 commence!

     A small figure sat on a lone bench, with her hands leaning on her knees. 

     Lost in thought as she admired the scenery in front of her. Various types of flowers neatly planted in its place, took care from a professional gardener as it blossomed whilst bathed from the afternoon sun. Making the colours of the flowers stood vibrantly with its charming beauty.

     She huffed and straightened herself as her short (Hair Colour) locks swayed from a breeze. Rolling up her sleeves and raised a palm, a blue rose pictured in her mind as a transparent arm reached out to hover over her hand. 

     Ever since she was born in this world, this friendly ghost companion, as she thought it was her imaginary friend, has powers. Who had been following her small figure around when going to school, parks, and in her home.

     The ghost formed each blue petals, letting it fall on her palm first. Then flicked its fingers, the petals clipped each other abruptly, making it a head of the rose. It elegantly held the rose and dramatically formed its stem underneath with faint trails of green and blue particles. A leaf popped out afterwards.

     Raising its right hand, it formed the same one, but its complete instead of gradually building the flower. With a gentle tap of its fingertips, it turned frozen, the same with the left hand.

     Holding the rose with its right hand and shot the frozen rose to the wooden arm bench beside her after she blinked. Showing her its speed and durability, as she inspected the frozen rose closely. It has no cracks or chipped parts, and it turned into particles leaving a small hole behind. 

     She's gonna need to fix the small hole up with the help of her father.

     The rose on its left hand, turned normal and dismembered itself with a tap. Each petals turned frozen, the stem turned frozen. Moving its pointed finger to the right, and the fragments followed along.

     (Name) stared in fascination and shock, then rubbing her head softly with a pout - her brain couldn't handle this much information her ghost companion trying to show her. 

     It tilted its head and patted her head softly as it noticed her troubled look. Rotating its pointed finger, and the dismembered rose reverts itself as if nothing happened. Tucking the blue rose by her ear and slowly disappeared.

     "(Name)!" She perked up at her father's distant call as he came into the spacious backyard of their house. His short blonde messy locks swayed with the wind as (Name) hurriedly approached him and grasped his outstretched hand. 

     Noticing the similar lavender coloured birthmarks on their cheekbones she saw many times. (Father's Name) began to lead her inside the household and asked curiously, "How was (Mother's Name) gardening skills, Girasole?"

     "It was amazing padre!" (Name) grinned widely at him with shining green eyes, and he chuckled. 

     Ruffling her messy (Hair Colour) locks that she got from her mother's side as she pouted, "Dad! My hair was already messy... don't make it worse - I'm lazy to fix it back up!"

     He huffed amusedly and picked her up to seat her in his broad shoulders. She happily agreed with his statement as she clung to his hair, "Let's smother (Mother's Name) with love and affection!"

     "Padre?" (Name) peeked her head on the doorway. (Mother's Name) had already gone to work in her flower shop earlier after giving a kiss on her cheek.

     Her father immediately appeared himself on her sight - wiping his hands on his apron. He smiled down at her, "Yes (Name)?" 

     "..." She hesitantly looked away with pursed lips. Debating if this question would make him believe it. 

     (Father's Name) frowned at her distant expression and came closer to kneel in front of her, "What is it you wanted to talk about, Girasole?" He softly patted her head and leaning on his knees as he patiently waited for her response.

     "I-I have this ghost friend following me around. But it has some sort of power that it could control and create flowers..." (Name) rubbed the nape of her neck shyly, her gaze still away from her father, tempted to look on her foot covered socks, "It's almost like your... Hamon thing...?"

     'She shouldn't be scared of telling me this.' He cupped his chin and spoke, "Well... since you said ghost friend, I think its purpose is to protect you."

     He patted her head again at her relieved expression, "Don't think I wouldn't believe you (Name). But, since you're quite good at drawing in such a young age... can you perhaps show it to me what your ghost friend looked like? I'm curious." 

     He grinned at her and she perked up, tugging on his hand to her room - he stumbled slightly at her sudden act.

     "W-wait (Name)! What about breakfast?"

     "I wanna show you the drawings first padre!"

     "Breath in..."

     (Father's Name) had his hands outstretched, as he felt on edge in every second he observed (Name); her toes were touching the surface of the water on the clean lake they were in, Hamon sparked as she did - creating small ripples of water underneath.

      A frog swam between them as they eyed it cautiously.

     (Name) broke her controlled breathing and fell backwards with a yelp as she lost her concentration. Yellow sparks flew everywhere with the water.

     Her father exclaimed her name and felt himself get sunk into the water as well, breaking the surface tension when his Hamon fainted. Frantically, and carefully, pulling her out of the water - thankfully it wasn't that shallow - and going to the shore with her in his arms as (Mother's Name) came hurriedly with a yellow towel.

     "What happened?" She asked as she quickly dried (Name) and wrapping the towel around her shaking figure, before hugging her figure tightly to share her warmth.

     "Padre. I think I saw great-great-grandfather..." Her father widened his eyes at her meek reply, and he made eye contact with (Mother's Name).

     She pursed her lips worriedly, "You said the same vision as hers before..." Rubbing (Name)'s shoulders in an attempt to create friction to add more warmth in the towel.

     He rubbed his cheek where the lavender triangular-shaped birthmark was. He answered softly, "I called him yesterday. He said probably it was Hamon sending visions to its descendants..."

     "Why?" They turned at (Name) who had a curious look, with a small hint of fear.

     He had been silent for a moment before he answered, "He doesn't know why Girasole. It might be a warning."

     'Jonathan Joestar'

     'Erina Pendleton'

     'Robert E.O. Speedwagon'

     A hasty, and shaky hand jotted down the names almost haphazardly. 

     Papers, pens, and school books were scattered everywhere in the room. Her shoulders hunched as she read the names whilst leaning all of her weight on the study table, breathing heavily and pinched the bridge of her nose to calm herself.

     She raised the pen and wrote the name of her great-great-grandfather.

     'Will Anthonio Zeppeli'

     'This vision keeps appearing when I turned seventeen...' (Name) rubbed her eyes and sat down on a chair, 'I couldn't get enough sleep because of this.' 

     "Mama mia..." She huffed behind her hands in frustration as the door in her room clicked open.

     (Father's Name) poked his head in with a sympathetic smile after scanning her messy room, "Need coffee, Girasole?" He asked as he went in slightly, observing such mess that explained to her state she was in.

     "I would love to have a lot padre." Her father chuckled at her reply and muttered an 'Okay'. But he paused before closing the door, "By the way..."

     (Name) turned to him with a raised brow, wondering why he trailed off. He continued as he stared into her eyes earnestly, "...Mr. Joseph Joestar wants to talk to you later, 1:00 pm, sharp."

     She nodded mutely and he sent her a comforting smile, closing the door. She read the names on her desk and analysed after she tried remembering the vision back. 

     It's how her great-great-grandfather met Jonathan Joestar and trained him in using Hamon. Due to this reoccurring vision, she had already informed her grandfather and Joseph about it. Which her questions will be answered soon from the latter.

     (Name) stood from her seat and cleaned her room with her companion. Which made it a little easier, and went downstairs. Skylar was sitting on the couch by the living room and noticed his tense shoulders. 

     She sat beside him and he turned to her. He thoroughly observed her distraught features, "Your hair is messy."

     She huffed a laugh and raking a hand through her short (Hair Colour) locks, "Thanks." She saw a steaming coffee just on the small table in front of them, and she didn't hesitate to drink it. Mentally thanking her father.

     Feeling relieved the coffee calmed her nerves. She asked, leaning further in the cushions of the couch, "How's the trip to Egypt last week?" 

     Skylar spread his legs as he leaned back on the couch, taking a deep breath after trying to simplify his explanation, "Quick... When we met the fortune-teller in Cairo, he knew I had a Stand. That we had been calling for years, ghost companion. Then we talked privately about Stands until to the point I felt I was being followed. He lied to my parents so we can go home a few days early."

     'Stand huh...' (Name) thought and turned to him with raised brows, "How many days were you in Egypt after you had known you were being followed?"

     "Three days." 

     She sighed and claimed as she tapped her fingers against her chin, "That's... suspicious. There will be chances that guy following you was here in Italy." 

     He nodded with a frown as tense silence consumed the room. Both waited patiently for the landline to ring that was given by the Speedwagon Foundation, only for specialised calls of close friends and family. 

     The ravenette spoke thoughtfully, "Should we go to school tomorrow? I mean, since these weird, and dangerous shit happening to us is building up."

     "Then go 'missing' in school if something happened? I dunno..." (Name) stressed out with a sigh and added, "We should in a few days, then we go to Genova."

     Silence once again consumed the room, but less tense and Skylar looked at her with an unexplainable glint in his golden eyes, "If something did happen. One of us will be doing revenge."

     (Name) stared blankly at him and placed the empty coffee back on the table. Feeling drained all of a sudden without saying a word to his statement. Occupying herself by flicking up a petal from her Stand, and it slowly landed on her forehead; the curved structure didn't crease in the slightest as Hamon lessened its impact from her fingertips.

     The landline rang throughout the household, and she bolted with Skylar trailing behind. The petal was ignored and turned into particles. 

     She picked up the buzzing landline, responding quickly, "Mr. Joestar."

     "(Name). Heard a word from Caesar. I pushed my errands away since this is urgent. I want you and your friend, Skylar - to listen to me seriously."

     She stuttered with wide eyes, "W-wait, how did you know Skylar?" She turned to him and he raised his arms that said 'I don't know him' with an incredulous expression.

     (Name) almost dropped the object as Joseph casually answered. She could feel him grinning through the phone, "If he told you about the fortune-teller, that's where I knew him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.6K 2.1K 22
⚠️CONTAINS A LARGE AGE GAP, DO NOT READ IF THAT MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE⚠️ This was my first story, not my favorite. So if you don't like it, consider...
17.3K 1.1K 75
Before the summery, this is an X Reader book. Y/n will be used, as well as acronyms like (f/c) and (e/c). These are minimal, but it's worth noting ...
3.3K 111 14
Y/n was a normal girl with an ordinary life. But that all changes when she makes one wrong move that sends her spiraling into another dimension. She...
57.2K 1.5K 28
You are a 15 year old girl moving from the America's to Japan. Having to Abandon all of your old friends was very saddening, and made you feel alone...