𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‘πŽπ‚πŠπ’ | Jake...

By atlasperalta

𝒉𝒆 is childish and goofy. 𝒔𝒉𝒆 is cunning and alert. some say that the π’π’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕... More

ON THE ROCKS
prologue.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
eleven.
twelve.
ON THE ROCKS pt. II
prologue.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.

ten.

2.7K 104 12
By atlasperalta

T E N

"heebie-jeebies"

Jake's POV

THE RANG OF HIS PHONE STARTLED HIM. Jake was still sleeping soundly when it was not his alarm but someone calling him what woke him up, making him jump out of the couch and landing into the hard, cold floor. He groaned. Who was calling at... ten AM?!?! Well, great, he had overslept. He checked his phone and noticed he had a zillion messages and lost calls. Jake sat back on the couch, scrolling through his screen.

Rosa    Where are you man? You're never this late (7)

Charles    JAKEY, I'M WORRIED FOR YOU, WHY IS EVERYONE LATE TODAY??? (23)

Amy    Jake, are you okay? Where is Sarah? (3)

Terry   Peralta do you know where is detective Moore?! (5)

Gina    Jake, I love the controversy you're causing but please text back, we're all worried for you and Sarah (2)

Holt    Dear Jake, you are an hour late for work, we started getting worried about you and detective Moore. Sincerely, Raymond Holt (4)

He blinked several times, Jake immediately understood by context what was happening. Yeah, he was late, completely normal, but according to those texts... they were also asking about Sarah. Concern grew inside him, though he knew he shouldn't be so paranoid. Maybe Sarah had overslept as well. Perhaps she had woken up sick. 

A knock on the door startled him once more, and he stood up and opened. Rosa and Charles were there, the first one took a deep breath of relief when seeing Jake, and Charles practically tackled him in a tight hug. 

"He needs to breath, Boyle," said Rosa, and Charles squealed, as Jake let them go in his apartment.

"I know. I was just really worried for him," he suddenly frowned and hit Jake in the shoulder.

"Ow!" Jake exclaimed, rubbing his shoulder, "what was that for?!"

"Sorry," said Charles," it's just that you weren't answer your texts and we thought something had happened to you!" 

Jake tilted his head. "I don't get what happened, I just woke up."

"Clearly," said Rosa. "Nothing happened, but neither you and Sarah were at the precinct today so we thought that maybe you'd been kidnapped or something worse, and you weren't answering our messages or calls. Amy and Terry went to check up on Sarah."

It took Jake a few minutes to process that, but then he gasped. What if Sarah was hurt? What if, like Rosa had just said, Sarah had been kinapped? Oh, god. Jake would never forgive himself. And all because he had overslept? What an idiot! Just when he was about to ask her out! Now they would never be anything, not even friends, if something happened to Sarah, and—no, wait, Jake, you're spiralizing, everything is fine, remember? There's nothing to worry about...

"Jake! You zoned out," Rosa waved her hand in front of his eyes, and he looked at her, going back to reality.

"Sorry," he massaged his temples, "I fell out of the couch when I woke up and my head hurts like hell—but, whatever, what are we doing here?? We have to go check up on Sarah!"

He started walking to the door, but Rosa stopped him. "Hey, don't worry, I told you Amy and Terry are already there."

"I don't care, I want to see if she's alright," Jake shrugged, and grabbed his jacket, Charles and Rosa reached him in a rush when he was already in the hallway. Until that moment he realized that he was wearing the clothes from the day before. "Do I look good?" he asked the other two.

"Yes."

"No."

Jake looked over his shoulder, and Rosa and Charles shrugged. "Sort of?" they said in unison. Jake scoffed, smiling, and they got into the elevator. Please, Sarah, be fine.

Sarah's POV

She didn't know what had gotten her sick, but there had been something twisting her stomach all night, a feeling she tried to vanish multiple times but wouldn't disappear. She thought that the cause might be how disastrous the dinner with her family and Jake had gone, Sarah was still sorry about that and had the presentiment that it would stay like that.

When she woke up, she realized the terrible day she had ahead. She'd have to see Jake at work, with things weird between them. She wipped her mouth, as she had thrown up in the toilet. Was it something she'd eaten?

Maybe the whole week would suck. Maybe the whole month. Or the whole next year. Without Jake or support from others, she would be a mess.

And it was that one thought that started it all. After that, she couldn't stop spiralizing. What if Jake was actually mad? What if he didn't like her back and didn't want to be friends again? What if he was so angry he would turn the entire squad against Sarah? She would lose all her friends, the only family she could count on because the one she had was pretty crappy to her. 

Holt? She would no longer have a father figure. Rosa? No longer someone who's got her back. Gina? No longer a supportive person at her side. Charles? No smiles when everyone is sad. Amy? No more fun doing paperwork, which was more terrible than it sounded. Terry? No longer a strong person who would protect her.

But... Jake? She would be losing all that, and more. He was everything, and Sarah must have pissed him off. 

"No, c'mon," she told herself as she made her way to the precinct. Oh, yes, she was going to arrive like an hour later. "You're not that bad, are you? I know what the people in your dream said, but it wasn't real! Jake doesn't think that about you!" Does he? "He doesn't." Are you sure? "Yes, I'm sure." But what if... before her thoughts could keep playing with her, she cut the engine in front of the precinct and got out of her car, overwhelmed.

But when she was inside, she noticed that half the squad was missing. Actually, it was only Gina, she was sitting at her desk, and Sarah swore she had never seen her friend more worried. 

Gina lifted her head and stood up quickly when she saw Sarah, throwing her phone away. It must be a big deal, since Gina's favorite thing was probably her phone. Sarah was confused, though. She got a hug from Gina Linetti, who had never done that before. 

"Gurl, you got us all worried sick!" she tightened the hug before separating, her face turning into a disgusted expression. "Good lord, what happened to you?"

Sarah frowned. "Why?"

"Have you looked at yourself?" said Gina, checking Sarah's temperature with her palms. "You are fucking pale. Like, vampire pale. Honestly, did you have breakfast?"

"I didn't, but I woke up sick," Sarah replied, feeling even more overwhelmed for Gina's greeting. Holt came out of his office, and showed a little relief on his face.

"Detective Moore," he breathed, walking over to her. "Where were you? Do you know anything about Peralta? Jeffords and Santiago are supposed to be looking for you, I will text them saying you are here and alright."

"Excuse me, sir," said Sarah, "why wouldn't I be fine? Did something happen?"

"Yeah, you showed up at work an hour later and you're a cop, imagine where our minds went," Gina responded. "And Jake isn't here yet, but Rosa and Charles are looking for him."

"That's why the place is empty," Sarah mumbled, and got her phone out. Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw the number of messages and lost calls she had. "Woah, you thought something happened to me? No, I overslept and I was sick."

"Were you sick before sleeping?" asked Holt.

She shook her head. "No, when I woke up I—"

"SARAH!" Jake's voice cut her sentence. Just by hearing that voice, just by that, she felt sick again. She was sure that, if it was possible, she got paler. Sarah turned around and saw Jake running towards her, with his arms extended as if to hug her, but he halted before he could do that. "oH mY gOd! Sarah, are you okay?"

"Yes," she answered, though she felt very dizzy. She held her head. "I just... I think I'm getting sick." Jake hugged her softly, he still smelled strongly of cologne, like the night before.

"Why did you two overslept?" Charles placed himself next to Jake, with a weird smile, his arms crossed. "Were you doing something special?"

"Ugh," the others exclaimed.

"Charles, you're gross," Jake laughed and looked at Sarah like he wanted to see if she found it funny, but she was closing her eyes, and had started to sweat. "Oh boy. Captain, can I take detective Moore home?"

Holt nodded. "She should take the day off, she doesn't look good at all," he told Jake. "Make sure she is fine, you can stay with her if you want to."

"Thanks dad," Jake mouthed, and helped Sarah, who felt like she was getting weaker and weaker, to get to the elevator. As soon as they were in her car, she had already fallen asleep. But something didn't feel right. Something was bothering her. She and Jake were not in sync yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 1.3K 23
' no, gina! i can't fucking do this because i'm in love with you! ' rosa diaz thought the hardest thing she would have to do would be coming out as b...
15.6K 473 20
"A wedding? But, they are already married?" Finally. The past has moved on. Jake admitted his feelings towards Amy and got happily married, and have...
18.5K 407 16
πΏπ‘œπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒾𝓃 𝒢 𝓉𝓇𝒢𝓃𝒸𝑒, π‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π‘”π’Άπ“π‘’π“ˆ 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓁𝑒𝒻𝓉 𝑒𝒢𝒸𝒽 π‘œπ“‰π’½π‘’π“‡'π“ˆ, π“ˆπ‘œπ’Άπ“€π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘” π“Šπ“… 𝑒𝒢𝒸𝒽 π‘œπ“‰π’½π‘’π“‡π“ˆ π“ƒπ‘’π“Œ 𝒻𝒢�...
82.1K 1K 13
I've become obsessed with Brooklyn 99 and I like Jake and there aren't enough Jake imagines on Wattpad. Requests: OPEN I am still writing, I just tak...