Run (Punk Luke Hemmings)

By mrshemmo18

Allison Montgomery wasn't your average teenage girl. She liked punk rock bands and dressed in all black almos... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Just an author's note!!!
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Author's Note
A/N About the Sequel!

Chapter 16

189K 5.2K 5.6K
By mrshemmo18

Connor's house is a little bigger and nicer than Tate's and you can see the lights from a mile away. The party is filled with a mixture of different people and it always amazes me how much everybody in the school seems to get along. The parties back where I'm from mostly consisted of the jocks and the girls that thought they ruled the school. I love how different it is here. As we walk inside, my ears are flooded with Nicotine by Panic! At the Disco. Another thing I love about the people here, they know good music.

We walk into the living room where Calum and Ashton wave us over. This party is a lot more crowded than Tate's were, which I didn't think was possible. We squeeze through the crowd and hug the boys who are already drinking. I'm not surprised.

"You ladies want drinks?" Ashton asks.

"Yes we do,"Linley says as she smiles at me.

"Lin I didn't make up my mind yet!" I say before Ashton starts to walk away.

"Oh come on, you haven't drank once since you've been here!" She says back.

"She's right Allis," Calum steps in. "Come on, just one drink at least." They are all three pouting and giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Fine," I say and am engulfed in hugs.

Ash brings back two cups and hands them to both of us. When I take a sip I almost gag.

"Oh come on, it's just Jack and coke," Linley says after taking a huge gulp from her own cup.

"Pretty soon you won't even be able to taste it," Ashton winks.

As we stand there and talk, I take more drinks and soon I am already feeling a slight buzz. A few minutes later Michael and Luke walk up and my heart flutters at the sight of him. They both have cups in their hands and based on the fact that Luke puts his arm around me, I am guessing that he's been drinking a little as well.

"And how are you doing?" He asks with a smile and I can smell the alcohol on his breath.

"I'm pretty good, how about you?" I smile back. As each second goes by I feel the effects of the alcohol getting stronger.

"Good now," he smiles again. "You look great tonight," he leans down and whispers in my ear.

I let out a small giggle. I stand on my tippy toes and put my mouth up to his ear. "So do you," I whisper back and see him smile bigger.

"Okay lovebirds," Michael says as he throws his arm around Linley. "Are we gonna party or what?"

"Let's have a great night," Ashton says as he raises his cup in the middle of all of us. The rest of us follow and tap our cups together before taking a drink.

We follow Calum and Ashton out the back door and I freeze, looking at the beautiful sight in front of me. There are even more people out here. Half are inside a giant pool that I didn't even know that Connor had, while the other half are dancing all around it and in the yard behind it.

Suddenly I feel Luke's hand grab mine and pull me to the yard, a beautiful smile spreads across his lips. I follow him and begin to dance with him, losing myself in the music. As much as I want to kiss him, I don't try anything. His hands are on my waist and that's enough for me right now.

It feels like we dance for hours and again I have the feeling that there is no one else around. I have already finished my first drink and my head is empty except for thoughts of Luke. Sometimes if I move too fast I get dizzy and Luke and I both laugh. His laugh is music to my ears and it fills me with joy. I am feeling extra brave now and place a hand on Luke's cheek. Before I have the chance to do anything else, I am interrupted by a horrible feeling in my stomach when I see a terrible sight over Luke's shoulder.

Tate is standing across the lawn, staring me right in the eyes. He has a devillish smile on his face and all hope of feeling safe tonight is gone.

"What's wrong?" Luke asks as he puts his hand over mine that is still on his face.

"N-nothing," I studder. I quickly realize that all hell will break loose if Luke sees Tate.

"What is it?" He turns and follows where my eyes were.

Suddenly I feel his body tense up and he takes his hands off of me and I know that he has spotted him.

"Luke, look at me," I say as I try to turn him around with my hands.

"Get off of me," he pushes my hands off and I can sense the anger in his voice.

I look around, trying to find anyone that can help me get Luke back to his senses.

"Michael, Lin!" I yell as I spot them a few feet away. They run over to me as quickly as they can. "It's Luke," I say as they get closer. I am out of breath and I'm not sure why. I also feel like I'm going to puke. "Tate's here."

Both of their eyes get wide and Michael runs after Luke who is now making his way over to Tate. I look over at Tate, who is oblivious to the fact that Luke is on his way to murder him. Thankfully, Michael steps in front of Luke and gains control of him before he gets too far. They are both struggling against each other and I am scared of one of them getting hurt, mostly Michael. This just makes my stomach feel worse.

Lin is holding me now and I try to fight off the tears as much as I can. I hear her call out for Calum and Ashton and see them running over to the other two a few seconds later. They finally have Luke under control and bring him back over to me.

"Dude, let it go. We'll make sure he stays away from her," Michael says as they are still struggling with him.

"No, I'm going to kill him. I told him to stay away from her," he says back. There is fire in his eyes and I realize that the chances of having a good night are gone. It was nice while it lasted.

"Luke, stop. Look at me," I stand in front of the boys and in the way of his sight of Tate. He stops a little bit and turns his attention to me. The boys all look at me in shock as if they are surprised that I could get his attention. "Luke, don't worry about it. Let's just ignore it and have a good time. As long as I'm with you, he won't come anywhere near me."

He looks from me, to Tate and back to me again. "Fine," he growls. "But I swear if he comes anywhere near you-"

"We know, you'll kill him." Calum says as they all let him go.

"Okay, well now I really need a drink," I say and the three boys besides Luke laugh. Ashton leavesa and comes back a few seconds later with another cup of what I had drank earlier. He offers Luke a cup of his own but Luke denies him and I know that Luke is basically sober again and will be for the rest of the night.

I take a giant gulp of the alcohol that I can't even taste anymore and take Luke's hand again. We dance for a bit before walking over to the pool with the others. As we stand around and talk for a few minutes, I finish my second drink and am now feeling better than I ever have. My whole body is numb and I can't stop smiling and laughing. A cute boy walks over and all of the guys hug him.

"Oh my, who is this?" He smiles at me and holds out his hand for me to shake. I go to shake his hand but he takes mine and kisses it instead. I giggle and cover my mouth with my other hand.

"This is Allis," Luke says sternly.

"Well it's lovely meeting you, Allis. I'm Connor," he says as he lets go of my hand and I laugh again. "Would you like to go for a swim?" He asks.

"I'd love to!" I yell and take off with him towards the pool.

There are probably 40 people in this giant pool, all in their bras and underwear. Not caring, I take off my tanktop and pants and join the crowd. I look over at Connor who is checking me out as he strips too. He takes my hand with a smile and we jump in the pool. I come up from the water and scream at how cold it is. We are jumping around and splashing each other when I hear a familiar beat.

I scream and start to sing along to Thinking of You by Ke$ha, not caring about how stupid I probably looked. Everybody else was drunk and having a great time like me so of course no one care, especially since they were also all singing. The only person who did care was Luke.

"Allis!" He yells from the side of the pool.

"Hey Lukey! Come on in, the water feels great!"

"I am not getting in that pool and you are getting out!" He yells back and this makes me angry.

"Yeah right, I'm not getting out!" I say and go back to splashing Connor.

"Allis, get your ass up here right now!" He was now screaming and everybody looked at him before continuing to dance.

"Or what, mom?" I yell back in a teasing voice and turn to laugh with Connor.

"Get out of that damn pool right now," he has lowered his voice and I can tell that he is angry but I don't care.

"You can't tell me what to do Luke!" I scream at him.

Ashton is now standing next to him. "Come on Allis, it's time to get out," he says sweetly.

"But Ashhhhh," I whine. "I don't waaaaannnnnnaaaaaa."

"I know babe but you need to. Come on, come give me a hug." He holds out his arms and motions for me to come over to him.

I smile and run to get out of the pool. Once I'm out I walk over to the rest of my friends. Calum, Michael and Lin are all laughing while Ashton is standing there waiting for me with an angry Luke behind him. I run over to hug Ashton and he suddenly pulls out a towel and wraps me up by surprise.

"Hey meanie, you tricked me!" I yell and give him a dirty look before I start laughing again.

"Let's go Allis, I'm taking you home." Luke steps up and Ashton hands me over to him.

I push Luke away before he can get near me. "Fuck that, I'm not going with you." I am now slurring my words and I'm very dizzy.

"Allis, it's time for you to go home," Ashton calmly says.

"You guys are mean and I don't wanna go with this jerk," I pout to Ashton.

"He's gonna take care of you babe," he says as he pulls me into a hug.

I give the rest of my drunk friends hugs and we all laugh together before I finally leave with Luke. He is carrying my clothes and I am still wrapped up in the towel. He is walking in front of me and won't look at me.

"Why are you such an ass," I say as I stumble and try to walk behind him.

"Excuse me?" He stops and turns to look at me, making me stop. "You were making a complete fool of yourself and I saved you and I from the embarrassment."

"Nobody cared except for you, you were just being a party pooper." I am trying to be mad but end up laughing at my own words.

"You are being ridiculous," he says as he turns around and continues to walk. He is walking so fast and I don't even try to catch up.

"Oh shut up. You need to loosen up and have a little fun like everyone else. And I thought I told you that I could take care of myself," I say and am too drunk to care about how mad I am making him.

"Yeah obviously not. Just be quiet until we get home."

"Fuck you," I mumble. I know that he heard what I said but all he does is shake his head.

A few minutes later we arrive at my house and I use the spare key that's under the doormat to let us in. We walk in and I stumble a little and laugh at myself.

"Shh," Luke says as he covers my mouth.

"Oh get your hands off of me," I whisper back and push his hands off.

Luckily neither my mom or brother are downstairs so we quietly make our way to my room. When we step inside, Luke walks over and lays himself on my bed.

"What do you think you're doing?" I ask as I shut the door.

"Laying on your bed," he says with the same tone as me to mock me.

"Yeah right, get out of here," I say as I stand there in my towel.

"I'm not leaving," he says back sternly.

"Yes you are," I almost yell.

"I am staying here until you are sober." He walks over to my mini fridge and pulls out a bottle of water. He then goes through my drawers and eventually finds pajamas and hands them to me. Luckily I was too drunk to be embarrassed about him finding my underwear drawer.

I shake my head at him and take my towel off, getting ready to change.

"Stop!" He says as he pulls the towel back over me. "Please go change in your bathroom."

"What, you don't wanna see me naked? I'm glad to know I repulse you that much Luke," I say as I storm off towards my bathroom.

"No, I would prefer not to see you naked while you are not in the right state of mind."

I stop at my door and turn to look at him. He is shaking his head and walking back over to my bed. Even though I was drunk, I knew that Luke was doing that for my sake. I would definitely thank him in the morning.

After I change I head over to my bed and sit as far away from him as possible, I was still mad at him. I was also still drunk.

"Here," he says as he hands me the bottle of water.

"I don't want it," I say as I cross my arms and stare straight ahead.

"Just drink it, you'll be glad you did in the morning." He's right.

I sigh and take the bottle from him and start to chug the water when I realize how good it tastes. A few minutes and a lot of water later, I let myself drift off to sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I awake with a jump from a bad dream. I am covered in blankets and facing away from where I last saw Luke. I rub my eyes and realize that I am now mostly sober.

"Bad dream?" I am startled again by the sound of Luke's voice.

I turn around and see Luke in the same position he was before I fell asleep.

"You're still here?" I barely make out, turning to face him. My voice is almost gone and I'm not sure why.

"Well of course, I wanted to make sure you weren't gonna die or anything," he says sarcastically but doesn't smile.

"How long have I been asleep?" I ask him as I yawn.

"About two hours," he calmly says.

I turn to my nightstand and see from the clock that it is almost 4:30 in the morning.

"When did we leave the party?" I ask as I turn back to him.

"You mean you don't remember?" He looks confused.

I try to remember last night but only bits and pieces come to my mind. Leaving the party was definitely not one of them.

"I remember dancing with you, seeing Tate and being mad at you for some reason before I fell asleep."

"Wow," he laughs and shakes his head. "Well, we left because you were being an idiot and you were mad at me because I made you leave."

"I don't remember any of that," I say and my head starts to hurt a little.

He laughs again. "Oh wow," is all that he says as he shakes his head again.

"How bad was it?" I'm scared to know the answer.

"Let's just say it's probably a good thing you don't remember." He is now looking at me again with a smirk on his face.

"Oh God," I say as I cover my face. I don't even know what happened and I'm embarrassed. "So you've been here all night?"

"Ever since we got home."

I rub my head which hurts more by the second and notice I am shivering.

"You're cold," he says.

"I'm okay," I respond.

"Come here." I look at him and he is holding up the covers so I can scoot towards him.

I roll over to him. He puts his arms up and hesitantly wraps them around me. I move even closer to him, letting him know that it's okay for him to hold me. He hugs me tighter and I am immediately warmed by him.

"Thank you," I say as I dig my face into his chest.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asks.

"I'm alright," I say back.

"Unfortunately you won't be saying that in a few hours," he says with a small laugh.

I groan and nuzzle my body more into his.

"Can I ask you something?" I say after a few minutes of silence.

"What is it?" He asks back and I'm surprised that he doesn't have a tone.

"Why did you act like you hated me when we met?"

He lets out a sigh before speaking. "I wanted to push you away."

"Why?" I look up at him and give him a confused look.

He hesitates again. "I don't give a shit about anyone Allis, besides the guys. And when I saw you, I felt something light up inside me."

"Okay...so why did you want to push me away then?"

"Like I said, I don't get involved with people. But I wanted to get involved with you, I wanted to care about you." He pushes a strand of hair behind my face before speaking again. "And that scares the shit out of me."

I am lost in his words and his eyes. Without thinking, I reach up and grab his face. I quickly press my lips to his and when he realizes it, he kisses me back. It is a soft, gentle kiss. I take my mouth away from his and rest my forehead on his, my eyes closed. I open my eyes and find him staring into mine.

I sink back down and bury myself in his chest and fall asleep in his arms once again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N:

Hi guys! I just wanted to say that I'm sorry this chapter took so long! It is the longest chapter I have and hopefully the best one yet. I have stayed up until 4 am writing this so I hope it's worth it! I will continue to write tmrw.

I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far! Please don't forget to like and comment on the chapters, I love the feedback and want to know what you're all thinking!

I love you guys so much and thank you for reading!! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 0 20
After a tragic change in her life, she's gotta find a place where she belongs. Her group of friends try to help her, but one tries more then the othe...
2.7K 154 23
Mitchie is just your everyday, run of the mill, girl that loved things too much and too fast but when she gets the opportunity to she her favourite b...
6.7K 353 54
Alice is a 17 year old girl, who temporarily moves to Sydney to live with a foster family since her own parents don't want to speak to her anymore. S...
1.9K 57 14
caroline was an average girl from arizona; she lead a great life up until her aunt found out that her dad was addicted to drugs and alcohol and wasn'...