Aldith, Forever. (The Witcher...

By antichristsuperfxck

In a world ravaged by Bandits, Nilfgaard and Monsters, she finds hope in a pair of Amber eyes. Uncovering sec... More

a l d i t h f o r e v e r
c a s t
a l d i t h
b l a v i k e n
t h e p a t h

t h e i n n

260 9 3
By antichristsuperfxck

"Ok, White Wolf. Where are we headed?" Aldith asked the Witcher, who was sat in front of her, riding Roach.

"We need to find an inn, somewhere we can bathe. Eat, drink. You stink of shit." Geralt responded with a slight joking tone.

"You don't smell the best either, Witcher." Aldith retorted with a grin on her face.

The journey to find an inn, proved to be a long one, and a silent one. Aldith and Geralt didn't find the need to talk to one another constantly, Aldith would much prefer to look at the scenery that surrounded them; the vibrant grass, standing tall in some places with bright yellows and purples, the trees looming over the pathway, creating a shelter from the sun. The sky was a baby blue, with only a single cloud in the distance and the birds tweeted loudly, singing songs of the Novigrad countryside. She felt at peace, and safe with her newfound protector and companion.

Geralt also began enjoying Aldith's company, she was quiet, didn't ask too many questions, and had regard to the fact that he was a massive introvert. She didn't dig about his past. He would miss her when they would part ways. If Novigrad felt fit, he might of even left her there, but he was yet to make up his mind.

Just one last night with her.

Neither of them brought up what had happened at the hut three days prior, but they both thought about it. There was a slight awkwardness lingering in the air, but it was pushed aside to make the journey bearable. Geralt had no idea why he couldn't tear his eyes away from hers, it was like she held him in a trance, almost as though she was staring right through to his soul.

Aldith didn't know what came over her either, although she was very attracted to the Witcher, she knew that it would never develop into anything but lust, and she was fine with that. She'd never loved a man before, she had been with men; but it was never a feeling of content, or lifelong happiness. She was fine with that, also. Anybody who got close to her, died.

She bounced lightly on Roach, as he passed over cobbled paths, her mind wandered to the question Geralt asked her about her hair, she did find it odd that she looked so different to anybody else in her family, and why her name was Elven. It was rare to see a woman with green eyes and lilac hair. Her thoughts were interrupted when they reached an enormous gate, with for guards situated at each site.

"Welcome to Novigrad, Aldith." Geralt turned around slightly to face her as he spoke, "There's an inn not far from here. We'll go straight there. Then I'll need to disappear for a few hours."

"Why? Where are you going?" Aldith asked, tilting her head a little to the right.

"There's a craftsman near the harbour. He can fix me up some new armour." He responded as Roach came to a halt.

"Hello, White Wolf. What brings you to Novigrad? Oh, a friend too? How delightful." The Redanian Guard sarcastically spoke.

"A bed, food." The Witcher flatly replied.

"Go in, Geralt of Rivia."

Geralt nodded, and Roach slowly cantered through the streets. Aldith looked around, noticing the amount of beggars, and homeless individuals lying in their own excrement, pleading for coin. Some of the buildings looked nice, and in its own right, even the outskirts and most deprived areas of Novigrad looked somewhat posh.

Roach came to a stop outside of a small building with steps leading up to the door. A sign hung off the wall which was swaying slightly in the wind. "We're here." Geralt said monotonously.

'What a lovely mood you're in Witcher.' Aldith thought to herself, she almost spoke out loud but she could tell he was already in a foul mood. She jumped off of Roach, and grabbed one of the saddlebags to carry into the inn.

"Here," Geralt passed Aldith a small brown pouch, obviously full of coin, "Order some drinks, food and a room. I'll be back."

"Um - ok. What will you eat? Drink? Do you want separate rooms?" Aldith asked nervously, feebly playing with the thread that hung off the bag.

"Get me anything, I'm not arsed. We aren't having separate rooms, it costs too much. Though I doubt you mind the idea of sharing a bed with me too much." Geralt replied, not even a glint of a joke in his eye. He spun round quickly and began to trail off, carrying a saddlebag with his tattered armour in.

Aldith stepped through the door, and a warm, cozy haze was cast along the wall from the fireplace. The smell of pine, and citrus swam through the air, attacking her nostrils in the most pleasant way. It smelt a damn sight better than her, and the smell of shit that runs through the rural areas.

"Hello, darling. My, my - look at you! You're filthy, and you must be starved!" A middle aged woman spoke with enthusiasm in her voice at the sight of a new customer.

"Yes, I was wondering if it be possible to pay for a room, and get something to eat and drink for my friend." Aldith replied politely.

"Of course, of course!" The woman chirped and smiled, "Go over to that table by the fire, warm up and I'll bring you a drink. I'll make sure your room is ready."

The bar woman was only short in stature, a loose grey bun sat at the back of her head whilst loose strands framed her face. She was plump but not fat, and carried herself with incredible posture. She was one of the most positive women she had ever met, and her enthusiasm and happiness made Aldith feel the same, exactly the same. She had no idea where the happiness came from, whenever she was with Geralt she felt awfully broody, and not in the child bearing sense.

Aldith sat by the fire, and took in the sights of the quaint little inn, how there was barely any people in there. She could settle here, maybe get a job as a cleaner or barmaid. She rested her head on her hand and watched the flames dance. The light brought out the colour of her eyes, and accentuated her features.

Geralt noticed this as he walked through the door, and bowed his head at the barmaid as she showed him a toothy, gleaming smile. He turned to look at Aldith, and paused for a minute. He took in her porcelain, smooth skin that didn't have a single blemish or wrinkle. Her eyes almost looked amber in the flames light, and her hair was flowing down her back in waves, with a few strands hanging over her shoulders. She held a small smile on her face as she looked into the fireplace, lost in thought. She was beautiful, one of the most beautiful women Geralt had ever seen - and he hated to admit it. He felt nothing for her, but he wanted her. He knew there was a sexual attraction between the both of them. He'd stared long enough, as the barmaid coughed, startling both Geralt and Aldith. Geralt turned to the barmaid, who held a knowing smirk.

"Witcher. You're back." Aldith spoke, turning to face him. 'My god' , she thought as she also took in his appearance. His hair was messy, still held in the Rivian ponytail, but he had two single strands sitting at the sides of his face. He was wearing a black tunic, the front of it opened slightly, revealing a hairy, dark chest, and a slight hint of muscle.

He set his swords down, and sat on the stool opposite Aldith. Picking up his drink and taking a sip, he cleared his throat. "Your home. Who burnt it down?"

"Bandits." Aldith responded, picking up her drink and having a drink. She winced, "We were only a small village. About 25 of us, including me and my family. But my family are long gone. So it was just me and I was reading a book on - um, never mind." She paused as she remembered she was reading tales of the very man that sat in front of her. She took another drink. " I saw a faint glow under the door, didn't think much of it until I heard screaming. I checked and there it was, a fire ravaging the entire village. Foltest didn't care, we only 'drained' resources. So in his eyes, it was probably population control. I managed to get away unnoticed." She looked down at her tankard.

"Anybody survive?" He asked.

"I don't know, I left before I could check. Cowardice I know. I was just terrified." Her voice was laced in shame, she should of checked.

"It's not cowardice, fear does things to people Aldith." Geralt replied, his voice holding some form of empathy for the girl. "Did nobody in the village comment on your appearance?"

"Yes. They used to say my father wasn't really my father, and that my mother was having an affair with an Elven mage whilst he was away hunting. I never believed it though." She stopped, before thinking back. Her name was Elven. "But even if it was true, I couldn't be a mage, and I'm certainly not an elf. I'm not magic, or powerful."

"Aldith," Geralt began to speak, but paused as the barmaid brought two plates of soup and a bread roll to the table. He nodded in thanks before continuing to speak, "I don't think it's all that far fetched that the rumours were true. Your hair, your skin, you're very tall for a woman. As for power? You moved me out of Blaviken, I'd never listen to anybody, but you made me feel like I had no choice."

"That could of been the sense of urgency in my voice." She retorted, eating a small spoonful of soup.

"No, Aldith. I couldn't control my legs." Geralt looked her dead in the eye, before speaking again, "Think back to when you were a child. Did you ever do anything that you couldn't explain?"

Aldith looked towards the fire as she thought, "No, I don't think so."

"Maybe you didn't get all of the gifts your father could of bestowed upon you. You're definitely powerful though Aldith. I just don't think you've had your conduit moment yet."

"What's one of them?"

"Your moment of true power."

Aldith trailed upstairs to the room she had paid for, and opened the door. It creaked slightly, but nothing unbearable. She felt wobbly on her feet, she'd had too much to drink. She saw another door inside the room and figured it was the bathroom, she stumbled over to it, her vision blurry and her head foggy. "Oooo, bath." She muttered as she began to fill it. Steam came from the water, inviting her in.

Just as she stepped into the bath, Geralt fell through the door, "Aldith?" He slurred slightly. She quietly snickered and retracted the thought of being impressed by how sober he stayed through drink.

"In here." She shouted, waving a hand in the air.

His face appeared round the door frame, "Hello, green eyes."

Aldith couldn't contain her laughter, and it was the first time she'd laughed since being with Geralt, it was the kindest sound he had ever heard, and in his drunken state, he had decided that he had to hear it more. "Hello White Wolf." Aldith snorted between gasps of laughter.

"Enough room for me?" He cocked a brow, smirking slightly.

"Of course, let me turn around, you can have this half of the tub."

Aldith faced away from the door to allow Geralt to climb in behind her. She heard his clothes drop, and she turned slightly to sneak a look at him. He was toned, and muscular, and deep angry scars were etched deep into his skin. She hadn't noticed he had turned around and was facing her, she was completely lost. "Can I help you?" He smirked.

"Oh, fuck." Aldith cringed before turning around. She felt the water ripple, and the feeling of his skin against hers. He was warm, really warm. She was content, and the silence was nice. But drink had gotten the better of her and she spoke up. "Will you tell me one day?"

"Hm?"

"About being a Witcher, what you went through."

"Maybe one day, Aldith." He hummed.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't of asked." She said sadly, pressing her back against his as a form of apology and comfort.

Geralt smiled, before pulling his hair out of the now loose ponytail. He shook his hair and let it hang loose over his shoulders.

"Your hair, it's beautiful." Aldith remarked, turning to face him.

"As is yours." Geralt responded, also turning his body to face the woman in front of him.

He noticed the ends of her hair were wet, and that it was long enough to cover her breasts and reach her lower back. They locked eyes again, unable to break the contact again, and Geralt subtly moved closer to her.

"Geralt," Her breath hitched.

"Hm?" He tilted his head to the left, and a small smile appeared on his face.

She ran a hand through his hair, pulling slightly as she did. As quick as the tension built, it was flatlined by the barmaid bringing clean sheets into the room, without knocking.

"God, uh, I'm gonna," Aldith broke out of the trance they were in, pointed to the towel over the door and stepped out, "the fuck are you thinking Aldith." She whispered quietly to herself.

Geralt wondered the same, what would of happened if the barmaid hadn't of walked in? Why is he so affecting by this girl? He'd never wanted someone so badly in his life, and she wasn't leaving his side until he had her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

836K 51.3K 116
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.2M 51.8K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
216K 9K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
131K 2.6K 43
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...