The Coldblooded (TVD Story)

De staygoldforever

"For over a thousand years I have lived in secret. I have seen many places, done many things both good and ba... Mais

Author's Note and Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Author's Note [2]
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Author's Note [3]
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Epilogue
Author's Note [4]

Chapter Twenty-Two

7.4K 150 32
De staygoldforever

Elena runs up to me. “I need to tell Stefan this, have you seen him anywhere?”

“No, how did your meeting with Isobel go?”

“Not good,” she says grimly. Jeremy approaches us at that moment.

“Hey have you guys heard or seen Anna?”

“Anna?” repeats Elena. “You’re still friends with her?

“We’re more than friends. Have you seen her?”

“No.”

“Elena, are you lying to me?”

“What, why would I do that?”

“Cut the crap,” Jeremy snaps. “I know what Anna is and I know that you know. I know what Aly and Stefan are as well.” Jeremy glares at me. “Some friend you are, you kept this from me.”

“I didn’t keep anything from you,” I reply. “You never asked me anything.”

“Whatever.” Jeremy shoves past us.

“Jeremy!” Elena calls after him but he ignores her.

“Give him a chance to cool off first,” I say to Elena. I leave her to look for Stefan.

The thick crowd of students isn’t making it easier for me to pinpoint Stefan’s location since there is so much noise and commotion. I move through the crowd, my eyes wide open to keep an eye out on things. Suddenly, there is a loud noise and lots of screaming. I push throw the crowd to find Matt stuck under one of the floats that has collapsed on top of him.

“AH!” screams Matt. “Hey, pick this trailer up, someone pick it up!”

Tyler and some of the other guys at school rush forward to help Matt but they aren’t strong enough to lift it.

“Get out of the way!” I snap at all the people who were just standing there watching.

I get to the front and grab a side of the float, easily helping the guys life it off Matt, who squirms out from underneath. Matt is down on the ground and Caroline rushes over.

“Caroline, call 911,” I order. I kneel down next to Matt and gingerly take his arm, inspecting it. It doesn’t look too bad damaged but he was going to have to suffer through the recovery process since half the town saw him get injured. I couldn’t feed him vampire blood or use magic to speed up the process.

After checking Matt for minimal injuries, I look around. That float did not just crush him by accident. Sure enough, I see Elena having an argument with her mother, Isobel. Elena suddenly spins around, as if she were searching frantically for something or someone.

“Jeremy? JEREMY?” My vampire hearing picks up. I glance around the group and Jeremy was missing. I look back to Elena and Isobel but her mother has now disappeared and Elena is standing there alone and frantic.

“Alayne,” Stefan is unexpectedly standing next to me. “We need to regroup, right now.”

I nod in agreement. Stefan fires off texts to our friends who he thinks will get involved and we all meet in Alaric’s classroom. When I get there, I see Bonnie sitting at one of the desks, Stefan leaning against the chalkboard and Elena pacing around the room nervously.

“Where’s the device?” Bonnie asks.

Stefan sighs. “Damon has it. He’s going to be difficult to reason with.”

“Then w-w-we’ll go to him. I’ll talk to him,” says Elena.

“He’s not just going to hand it over, especially if it is harmful to vampires,” I state.

“What if it’s not?” Elena counters, glancing at Bonnie.

“But it is and I am not going to lie to Damon about that, not when it could potentially him and Stefan killed.”

“No, it won’t,” Elena says stubbornly.

“You don’t know that,” I say, standing up. “I don’t want any part of this if you’re going to lie.”

 “We’re not lying,” insists Elena. “Not if Bonnie can re-spell the device.”

I scoff. “She’s not some old powerful witch; an amateur like her could never do it.”

“Hey! I’ve been practicing.” Bonnie regards me with cold eyes. “But if the spell is too big for you, you could do it. Just like how you could have done the tomb spell to begin with. If you did, maybe my Grams would still be alive!”

I return her cold look. “”Is that what the sudden hate is all about? Because let me tell you one thing, Bonnie Bennett.” I walk right up to her and look down, my eyes blazing and my fingers tingling with power. “I could care less what happens to people here. If it were up to me, I’d massacre the entire town and do you know what my reasons for that would be? Because it’s fun,” I say harshly. “Killing is fun and amusing and maybe if you weren’t so uptight and annoying, you could enjoy life a little bit.”

“Aly,” Elena says, a warning tone in her voice.

Bonnie clenches her fists and suddenly, there is a small annoying prick in the back on my mind. I glance curiously at her.

“I hope you’re not trying what I think you’re trying,” I threaten. “Because it isn’t working. Here, let me show you how to do it properly.” And I unleash all my mental powers on Bonnie, who immediately breaks down screaming, crying and clutching her head.

“Aly!” I can hear Stefan and Elena yelling but I drown out their voices, my full intent is tormenting Bonnie.

“Please, stop it!” Bonnie is crying.

Suddenly, I am grabbed by my throat and pinned to the chalkboard. I lose my focus and Bonnie is released from my wrath. I look down at my attacker.

“Stefan,” I say in a dangerous voice. “Let. Me. Go.”

“Stop hurting people,” he says firmly.

I cock my head to the side, which was slightly difficult seeing as I was pinned by my throat.

“You can’t make me.”

Stefan releases me. “Oh for god’s sake Alayne, you act like such a child sometimes.”

Stefan’s head snaps to the side, as if he were slapped by an invisible hand.

“Don’t patronize me,” I say coldly. “You guys can do whatever you want with the device and you can put all your trust into that scheming, vengeful, little witch there.” I point at Bonnie. “But mark my words; you will regret your decision.”

I leave the classroom and make my way back to the boarding house where I decide to just chill out for the night. After finding myself a tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream, I settle into the couch in the living room with the first Harry Potter book. I was rereading the series since it was one of my favourites. I’m so absorbed in my book that I finish reading it in an hour. I toss it to the side, stretching out and yawning.

The entire house is silent so when someone knocks on the front door, it echoes throughout the entire house. Who would be knocking on the boarding house? I get up off the couch and walk to the front door. When I pull it open, Anna is standing there, distress evident on her face and it looked like she had been crying.

“Anna?” I’m surprised to see her here.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude,” she says apologetically. “But I have nowhere else to go.”

“Don’t worry about intruding; no one is home but me right now. Come on in,” I pull her into the house. I didn’t exactly trust Anna but she really did seem upset and unlike Alaric said, I was capable of feeling sympathy. “What’s wrong?”

“M-my m-m-mother,” she stutters. “S-she’s dead! Someone k-killed her.”

“What?” I’m in shock. Pearl was at least four hundred years old, how could someone kill her just like that?

“I don’t know what happened but I got home one night and I found both her and Harper dead.”

I am silent, a thousand thoughts running through my head.

“What are you thinking about?” Anna asks me tentatively.

“Number One: Who killed your mother and Harper? Number Two: Why should I trust you?”

“Please,” she pleads. “I have no other family; I don’t have anywhere else to go.”

“You can stay here for now,” I say, a little reluctantly. After all, Anna had once been plotting against us.

“Thank you,” she says, appreciation in your voice. “I’m serious, I know you don’t have to do this and I really appreciate and am thankful that you are allowing me to stay. So thank you.”

I take Anna upstairs and show her one of the spare rooms she could stay in. At that moment, I hear noise coming from downstairs so I go see who it is. Stefan and Damon have arrived home and they look pissed at each other.

“So fill me in on what happened,” I demand.

“Bonnie unspelled the device and then we gave it to Isobel,” says Stefan.

“I hope that bitch leaves us alone now,” grumbles Damon.

“You seem to be in a bad mood,” I comment. I can feel that Anna has tentatively walked over to stand by my side.

“What the hell is she doing in our house?” asks Damon.

I look at Anna, nodding and encouraging her to tell them what had happened. Anna takes a deep breath.

“My mother was killed, I don’t know by whom,” she says. “I needed a place to stay.”

“Well you certainly are not staying here,” snarls Damon.

“Damon, she doesn’t have anywhere else to go,” I say.

“Do you think I care? This little bitch and her equally bitchy mother came into my home and threatened me.”

I look to Stefan for help, who just shrugs uselessly.

“Damon,” I say, looking at him, looking deep into his eyes as if I were compelling him. “Anna is staying here.”

“Fine,” he agrees reluctantly.

Stefan and Anna both look shocked that Damon backed down so easily but they do not question it. We all head up to our separate rooms and call it quits for the night.

***

The next morning was the Founders’ Day Parade. I was seriously getting so sick of this entire Founders’ Day crap that I was ready to kill. Apparently I had a place on one of the floats and I needed to dress up and get into costume. Fortunately for me, I had one of my old dresses so I didn’t have to borrow something nasty from anyone. Anna was helping pull on my corset which was a lot tighter than I remembered. I sucked in my breath a little every time she pulled tighter.

“These things got tighter,” I mumbled.

“Or you just got fatter?” offers Anna.

“Nonsense.”

She helps me into my gown. The gown was a deep forest green colour with a black fringe at the bottom. Two straps held up the dress and it had very slimming and flattering waist. There were many ruffles and bunches making the entire dress look very elegant. It was one of my favourites from back in the day!

(Dress: http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/vintage-and-gothic-style-double-spaghetti-trpas-with-bow-accented-complex-rounched-Victorian-style-gothic-style/613482808.html)

“You look beautiful,” Anna says after she has helped me put the dress on. “Did you want to do your hair?”

“Yes, but I can manage that myself,” I say while I am admiring the dress in my full length mirror. The dress really does bring out the colour of my eyes and contrasts with my hair fairly well. I dismiss Anna and shuffle to get my shoes on.

Since the dress was so long, I felt that a pair of black ballet flats was suitable enough; no sense in killing myself with heels if no one was going to see them.

“Aly!” I hear Stefan yelling from downstairs. “We need to get going!”

I quickly curl my hair in record speed and fluff it up a little. I inspected my face: There wasn’t any need for makeup since I was literally flawless but I decided to use some mascara to add volume to my eyelashes. I shuffled out of my bedroom and headed down the stairs where Stefan was waiting for me.

“You look beautiful,” he compliments. “But are you going to fit in my car?”

I wave away his arms and pull him out of the car. When we arrive at the school, there are literally people scrambling around everywhere. Mayor Lockwood’s wife, Carol was barking out commands and trying to everything in order for the parade.

Stefan and I got out of his car and just stood around waiting for everything to settle down. Damon chooses that moment to walk up to us. He whistles lowly when he sees me.

“You’re looking good; you should dress up more often.”

“Thanks Damon.”

“Hey, have you guys seen Elena yet?” Stefan interjects.

I look around and I almost fall over backwards. Elena is striding over towards us in a tan coloured dress and with her hair in perfect, little ringlets, she looks exactly like Katherine.

Damon and Stefan are both stunned into silence but Damon recovers first. He looks pointedly at Stefan before whispering.

“Don’t you have that thing you needed to tell her?”

“Shush, not now,” mutters Stefan.

“I’ll leave so that you can do it now. Come on Alayne.” Damon grabs me by the arm and tows me away from the couple.

I look at him with curiosity.

“What does Stefan have to tell Elena?”

“John Gilbert is her father.”

“WHAT?!”

“Shush, but yeah, there is a high chance that he is her father. All the puzzle pieces fit: Isobel dated John when she was in her teens, she shows up pregnant at the hospital John’s brother works at… It’s just too much of a coincidence. All we need to prove it is a DNA test.”

I suck in my breath. “Wow, that’s shocking.”

“Tell me about it. Don’t you have to be on the float or something?”

“Yeah.”

“Then go, you’re going to be late.”

“Okay father.”

I leave Damon and go to the float where I find a very pissed off Matt Donovan.

“What’s wrong?” I ask him as he helps me up.

“Nothing.”

“Stop lying.”

“Tyler.”

“Oh.”

“Matt!” I see Caroline running up to the float. “Oh hey Alayne!”

“Caroline!” I give her a quick hug since she comes flying at me. Her happy demeanour was really infectious sometimes.

Matt gives us a strange look.

“Since when did you guys start getting along?”

“I don’t know,” I admit.

“Oh hush!” says Caroline. “Who cares about before, we’re getting along now.”

We arrange ourselves appropriately on the float.

“I thought this was only for the girls in the Miss Mystic competition?” I ask.

“Doesn’t matter,” Caroline says offhandedly. “You’re prettier than most of the other girls anyways.”

“That I actually have to agree with,” Matt smiles.

I can feel my cheeks turning slightly red and I turn away from them as Stefan and Elena are arriving at the float. The parade begins and we all just stand and wave from our positions while the crowd cheers in celebration.

After the parade, I change back into my ordinary clothes: black skinny jeans and a grey pullover. Since everyone was hanging out at the Grill, that’s where I decide to go as well. After grabbing a coffee, I just settle into one of the booths in the corner by myself and reflect on what has happened.

So much has occurred since I came to Mystic Falls. It was honestly the most fun I had in a long time and I had somewhat found a new family among the humans and vampires here. I wasn’t sure whether or not I would be leaving any time soon but I decide to stick around longer.  Who knew small towns could have so much bad history and be so interesting?

I notice the presence of someone standing next to me at that moment and Anna slides into the seat across from me, a grave expression on her face.

“What’s wrong?” I immediately ask her.

“The  tomb vampires are planning an attack for tonight.”

“What?”

“They want revenge on the founding families.”

“Wait, how do you know this?”

“I went to them, they think I’m on their side but I’m not.”

“We need to go stop them now,” I say, taking out my cell to call the others.

“It’s too late, they’re already here.”

I call Damon first and he picks up on the first ring.

“Hello?”

“Damon, the tomb vampires are attacking tonight, they want revenge,” I blurt out quickly.

“What?!”

“Get Stefan, we need to stop this.”

I hang up on him and look back at Anna.

“What should we do?”

“I don’t know but they’re already among the crowds outside,” she says. “They plan to attack while the fireworks display is going on.”

I leave some money on the table for my coffee and I exit the Grill. I find Alaric outside and Damon is just walking up to us.

“Do you have any of your weapons in your car?” Damon asks Alaric.

“Yeah, why do you ask?” replies Alaric.

“This square is crawling with tomb vampires and we might need a stake or two,” I say.

“Oh, yeah, I got it.” Alaric heads off to his car.

There is sudden laughter coming from a few feet away and Stefan and Elena come strolling by, hand in hand. Damon grabs Elena’s other vacant hand and starts walking beside them, me tagging along behind, keeping an eye out.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Elena asks Damon.

“Saving your life.”

“Tomb vamps are here,” I say to Stefan. “The founding families are the targets. Get Elena out of here.”

Damon lets go of Elena’s hand and walks off into the crowd.

“Wait, where are you going?” Stefan calls after him.

“Going to snuff out these vamps.”

Damon leaves and I turn to Stefan and Elena. Elena has worry displayed on her face as she takes in what is about to happen.

“Jeremy is out here somewhere.”

“I’ll find him,” I volunteer. “You guys better get going.”

I run through the crowds looking for Jeremy but he is nowhere to be seen. Mayor Richard Lockwood was already standing on the stage giving a speech and the fireworks would start going off any minute after he finished speaking.

“Jeremy?” I call out, running through the crowd, accidentally shoving people aside.

There was suddenly clapping from the group of people listening to the mayor’s speech and I knew it was too late. I saw several people in the crowd brace themselves, as if they were ready for an attack and on stage, I see the Mayor nod his head to one of the deputies, which I thought was strange. The deputy says something into his walkie-talkie, something I can’t pick up because I wasn’t concentrating.

There is unexpected high pitched noise the screeches through my head, almost causing me to collapse. It takes me a moment to regain control. I block out the pitch but my head is still throbbing slightly from the first blow. I look around and notice many people collapsing and then the police officers are coming in and injecting them with vervain.

Suddenly, everything clicks into place.

The high pitch noise was the vampire weapon.

Bonnie never undid the spell.

That lying little bitch.

I look around for my friends but I don’t see them anywhere. All around me, vampires are being taken away and no one in the crowd even notices because of the firework show going on.

I shove through the crowd and search frantically, finally spotting Stefan and Elena at the side of the road. Stefan is kneeled over and clutching his head in pain and Elena is consulting him, trying to get him to move. Unfortunately for them, one of the police officers had spotted Stefan and was making his way towards them. I am about to intervene but Alaric beats me to it.

“Hey, hey, I got this one,” he says to the officer before pointing in the opposite direction. “There’s another one over there!”

I rush over and help Stefan up.

“H-he just collapsed all of a sudden,” Elena is crying.

“Our good friend Bonnie lied,” I say bitterly. “She didn’t unspell the device. They’re rounding up all the other vampires.”

“No, that’s not possible. Stefan, Damon and I were there and we saw her do it.”

“Maybe she didn’t?” suggests Alaric.

“It makes sense,” says Stefan. “We asked her to unspell a device that would protect humans from vampires.”

“No,” says Elena stubbornly.

“Oh for god’s sake Elena, open your eyes! She didn’t do what you asked of her,” I say. “Just admit it.”

“If she didn’t do it, then why weren’t you affected?”

“I’m stronger than a normal vampire,” I explain. “Believe me, I did feel it at first and it was not a pleasant feeling, It was like needles to my skull.”

“That’s exactly how it felt,” Stefan agrees.

Elena shakes her head. “I don’t want to talk about Bonnie anymore. Did you find Jeremy?”

“No, I’m sorry Elena but I’m sure he’s fine. None of the vampires were even able to make a move against any of the town’s people,” I reassure her.

Elena turns to Alaric. “Can you please find my brother and take him home?”

“Yeah sure, but where are you guys going?”

“To find Damon,” I say grimly. “I saw the officers take the vampires into one of the old warehouses and I’m pretty sure Damon is among them if he is not here with us.”

“Then let’s go.” Elena grabs Stefan by the hand and pulls him towards the building while Alaric runs off to find Jeremy. After a moment of thought, I decide to follow Stefan and Elena.

John Gilbert is standing outside the building, waiting.

“Where’s Damon?” Elena blurts out.

John turns around. “With the rest of them, exactly where he should be. It’s over for Damon.”

Elena shakes her head at John. “You’re crazy.”

“Why?” John immediately retaliates. “Because I’m doing what should have been done 145 years ago? This is the right thing Elena.”

We all eye each other in a moment of silence. John cocks his head to the side, speaking to me and Stefan.

“Go ahead, you won’t make it out. You’ll save me the trouble of killing you myself.”

I snarl and let out a nasty roar which has John taking a step back. I make a move to grab him but his body guards are already on the move. They each pull out a gun loaded with wooden bullets and take shots at me. Stefan grabs Elena and pins her to the ground, protecting her. I dodge the shots easily and using my magic, I break the necks of the deputies easily.

John stands there, looking stunned.

“What are you?”

“Next time you see Katherine, ask her yourself,” I say. “The name is Alayne Mikaelson.”

I leave John there to ponder my words and run after Stefan and Elena who have gone to the side of the building. Stefan is just about to pull open the door but a voice screams out from down the alley.

“Wait! You can’t go in there, the fire will take you out,” Bonnie says.

Stefan breathes heavily. “He’s my brother Bonnie.”

“She’s right, you’ll burn alive,” I state. “I’ll go get him.”

I pull open the door and run inside, following the sound of screaming vampires. I make it to a door that is literally smoking. I start muttering and chanting words under my breath and gradually, there is less smoke pouring from behind the door. I touch the door knob, which is now cool enough for me to grasp. Pulling the door wide open, I take in the sight before me.

Flames are dancing up and down the stairs of the basement and I can barely see any survivors. I continue my chanting and the flames seem to blaze less brightly. I focus all my power and energy into my chant and soon enough, the fire disappears. I quickly run down the stairs and spot Damon lying on the ground, groaning.

“Damon!” I breathe, relieved that he is still alive, unlike most of the other vampires who have already burned up.

“Help me,” he croaks.

I grab him one of his arms and sling him over my shoulder for support and slowly make my way back up the stairs, which are starting to give away. As soon as I reach the top of the stairs, I reignite the fire to allow it to burn away the rest of the vampire evidence.

***

Stefan, Elena and I are at the Grill after the huge kill-all-vampires drama that stupid John Gilbert stirred up.

“There fire is out,” says Elena. “The story is, some old wiring in the building caused it.”

“Did you see where Damon went?” asks Stefan.

“No,” replies Elena. “He just kind of disappeared.”

“Figures.”

“I’m so glad you’re okay.” Elena embraces Stefan.

“And that is my cue to leave,” I say loudly.

“No, stay,” insists Elena.

Stefan sighs. “I tried so hard to hate Damon, but I guess it is just pointless.”

“You care about him,” Elena says. “So do I. But I love you Stefan and I know that you’re worried about that.”

“No, it’s jus-”

“Stefan, cut the crap,” I say. “You know you’ve been worrying about this.”

“I love you Stefan,” Elena says.

“I know my brother, I know the trouble he can cause,” Stefan insists.

“I love you,” Elena repeats, throwing her arms around his neck. “You.”

They share a brief but passionate kiss.

“You have nothing to worry about,” Elena reassures him.

My cellphone starts to ring and I pick it up.

“Hello?”

“Hi Aly, it’s been a while?” says a familiar male voice on the other end.

“Sebastian!” I’m grinning now. “Hey, how have you been?”

“Tasha is a handful, I forgot what it was like to have her around,” he says in a low voice.

I laugh. “She’s right next to you, isn’t she?”

“Shush, she’s sleeping right now. This is the only peace I ever get when I’m with her.”

I laugh again. “Oh Sebastian, you wouldn’t want to be here though. So much has happened, it has been exhausting.”

“Oh, I’m pretty sure it can’t be as exhausting as my sister.”

I feel the corner of my lips tugs upwards. “Maybe you’re right. So is there any reason for your call?”

“I missed you.”

“Aw, that’s sweet.” I play with my hair, twirling it between my fingers, getting slightly nervous. “Have you found your family yet?”

“We’re tracking Gabriel and Nate but it is proving more difficult than I thought. Irena has been impossible though I get the feeling that she is watching us.”

“That’s what she does,” I mutter.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“When I went to New York City with you a couple of weeks ago, I was approached by a messenger. The messenger threatened me not to break your heart again,” I say quietly.

Sebastian lets out a short bark of laughter. “My sister is way too over protective sometimes.”

“Likewise to my brothers.”

“Your brothers are just scary.”

“Mm.”

“So…”

“Sebastian, spit it out,” I say, exasperated and tired of him stalling. “I know you called for a reason other than for chit chat.”

“I ran into an old friend,” he says slowly.

“Who?”

“Uh-”

“Sebastian, spit it out already!”

“Katherine. And she was heading straight for Mystic Falls.”

***

Third Person POV

Damon Salvatore was sitting on Elena Gilbert’s doorsteps, waiting for her to come home. He had done a lot of thinking and he wanted to talk to her, to communicate his feelings.

Elena came walking up the steps, her hands completely occupied as she was carrying her dress from the Founders’ Day event and her purse.

“Here,” Damon offered. “Let me help you with that.”

Elena watched Damon with a calculating look, as if she didn’t really believe he was here.

“Thank you,” she said.

“You know, I came to this town, wanting to destroy it but tonight, I found myself wanting to protect it,” The disbelief in Damon’s voice betrayed his emotions.

Damon and Elena shared a silent moment.

“How does that happen?” asked Damon. “I’m not a hero, Elena. I don’t do good. It’s not in me.”

 “Maybe it is,” suggested Elena.

“No. That is reserved for my brother, and you, and Bonnie.” Damon sighed. “Even though she has every reason to hate me, she hasn't killed me.”

“Why do you sound so surprised?”

“Because she did it for you,” Damon replied. “Which means that somewhere along the way, you decided I was worth saving. And I wanted to… Thank you for that.”

“You’re welcome.”

Damon gently placed a kiss on Elena’s cheek. When he saw that she did not mind, he gravitated slowly towards her lips. Elena didn’t move so Damon took it as his cue. His lips pressed softly against hers and they shared a passionate kiss. Damon’s hands moved up to cup Elena’s cheek and she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

The front door to Elena’s house was pulled open violently to reveal Jenna was standing there, a slightly shocked and angry look on her face. Damon pulled away immediately and turned so his back was facing Jenna.

“Hey,” Elena greeted casually.

“It’s late,” Jenna replied crisply. “You should probably come inside.”

Elena grabbed all her belongings and followed Jenna into the house. Once she got inside, Jenna shut the door on Damon’s shocked face.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Jenna confronted her.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” answered Elena.

She gradually backed away from Jenna and walked into the kitchen, setting her belongings down on the table. John Gilbert was in the kitchen, grabbing a drink from the refrigerator. Elena stood behind the door of the refrigerator and waited as John got what he needed to get. He jumped when he closed the fridge, surprise registered on his face; he had not expected to see Elena here.

“You scared me,” he blurted out.

“Sorry,” replied Elena but she did not sound sorry at all. She moved towards the sink and started putting away stray utensils. John watched Elena nervously as if he were thinking of something to say to her.

“You know I first met Isobel when I was a teenager.” He chuckled lightly. “I fell in love with her instantly; although I’m pretty sure she never loved me.”

Elena didn’t say anything, which John took as his cue to continue speaking.

“She was special. Part of why I hate the vampires so much is because of what she became. How it ruined her.” John paused. “I never would have sent her to that vampire Sebastian had I known she wanted to turn.”

Elena picked up the knives and started placing them back in the knife holder.

“It’s my fault,” concluded John. “I’m telling you this because I hope maybe you’d understand.” He walked up and stood next to Elena who was still silent.

“Thank you,” said Elena.

John nodded his head. “Can I help?”

Elena eyed the ring on his finger. “Sure.”

In one swift movement, she snatched up one of the knives and removed his fingers.

“AHHHH,” screamed John.

Elena shoved him up against the refrigerator, the knife still in her hand. John looked at his daughter in disbelief and there was genuine fear in his eyes.

“Katherine?”

“Hello John,” said Katherine. “Good bye John.” And she stuck the knife into his stomach.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

KALBE SAPLANAN OK De Ebru

Ficção Adolescente

16.8M 648K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
85.3K 2.4K 32
Waking up in a hospital was not Lydia's idea of a good time... but it was about to start becoming a lot more common for her. A Spencer Reid x OC fanf...
51.1K 1K 16
"I've always been the second choice. Just once, I want to come first" Formerly called "Learning to Love Again" || Season 1-3 || || Season 1 - in prog...
605K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!