Losing Hope (A Supernatural f...

By farfromgraceful

When Hope helped stop the Apocalypse she died. But somehow ended up in a hospital, a mute amnesiac, still ver... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chater Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Thirty-Eight

2.9K 126 15
By farfromgraceful

This is what makes us girls, we don't look for heaven and we put love first. It's something that we'd die for. It's our curse - This is What makes us Girls (Lana Del Ray)

"Are you sure this is where Crowley's holed up?" Dean squinted through the windscreen at the dilapidated factory. Vines creeped their way up the walls, grass wove through the wire fence, and the rust on the tin roof was visible, even from the distance.

"My source say this is the location," replied Hope, climbing out of the car with uncharacteristic elegence. "He is in one of the lower levels, probably the basement, with the tablet and a few demons. The demons shouldn't be a problem."

Handing a gun to his big brother, Sam looked up from the trunk, "Did your 'source' tell you this? Who even is your source?"

"Heaven is my source, Sam. Did you think they'd send me in for a mission blind?" She twirled her angel blade around her fingers lightly, "I'm in intelligence, I have access to a great deal of Heaven's archives, and the ones I don't technically have access to, " she winked "... well, lets just say I know how to access those ones, too".

Sam's gut twisted painfully, he didn't trust her. Not anymore. He knew first hand how Heaven could twist somebody into a weapon. Every single one of the angels he had known had been destructive and murderous in the name of Heaven, even if they hadn't meant to be. A sudden breeze blew through him and his fear subsided, he still remembered what he was afraid of. But Sam could no longer summon up that particular emotion. He stared at Hope, who was now creating tiny whirlwinds in the dusty dirt, as Dean loaded his gun and hid several blades in his pockets. He'd forgotten Hope could feel other peoples' emotions, and he wondered if that particular talent stretched to controlling them as well.

"We ready to go?" the previously mentioned angel suddenly chirped, dusting her hands on her practical grey trousers. Despite her impeccable appearence, Hope didn't seem to pay any mind to the pale dirty handprints now smeared down her thighs.

Dean looked toward Sam, who nodded quietly and stuffed his gun in his waistband. "Yep", the elder hunter replid finally. "I think we're ready to roll."

"Great," Hope grinned, her smile seeming genuine, even to Sam, this time. It was, she was going to get that tablet back if it killed her. She was going to get her angel back if it killed her. "I would fly us in, but there's a lot of warding up, like, a lot of warding, and I don't want to set something off if I can't get past the warding with passengers."

Sam eyed the rusty door. Dean simply shrugged, seeming noncholant about the situation, he was, in a way. He certainly had been in worse situations, and Hope had always pulled everyone through, seemingly with sheer force of will and a stubborn streak that was usually more useful than it was annoying. "I guess we're doing this the old fashioned way. Just like old times, hey, Hope?"

She could see through his facade, but her own was impenetrable as always. "Just like old times," Hope agreed, her blade resting in her palm lightly and desperation resting in her heart heavily. This was her once chance of saving Castiel, and she wasn't going to screw this one up.

•°•°•°

There was warding absolutely everywhere, though it had yet to affect Hope she could read what they were supposed to do if activated. One was to rip an angel from its vessel, the other to decapiate, whatever the warding was they were all placed for maximum brutality. "Where's Sam?" asked Hope quietly, hardly daring to breath in the sticky stillness of the factory.

"Checking for hostages, prisoners... and he's looking for Amy." Dean changed the subject with all the subtlety of a drunk bear, "What are you gonna do once you get this tablet?"

"Use it to save Castiel," she answered, throwing one of her blades at a demon who walked around the corner at the wrong time. She pulled it from his chest as she stepped over his body, blood sticking to the soles of her shoes and leaving small red footprints behind her. "It's bound to have something useful, right?"

He shrugged, following Hope as she pointed left at the end of the corridor. "I guess so."

Distracted as she was, Hope could still sense the metaphorica gears turning in Dean's head. She could still feel him turning the entire situation over until he could understand it. "What? I can hear you thinking from over here, Dean."

"If you're getting the tablet to save Cas, what does Heaven want it for? And how'd you get them to agree to let you go after Cas? Last time I checked, you and him weren't exactly on speaking terms with upstairs, you know what I mean?"

Now it was Hope's turn to shrug. The movement felt.wrong, like a puppet being pulled by unfamiliar strings, but it was what was expected of her. "Who says Heaven knows what my plans for the tablet are? Once I get it for them, it's not like there's anyone else able to read it." Spreading her angelic energy through the factory, Hope searched for the hidden room that was bound to be somewhere in that dump of a building. "Whether Heaven likes it or not, I'm gonna be the one reading the tablet. If I happen to find info on saving Cas, well... what I do with that is not my superiors business." Mixing a bit of the truth in with the lies was always effective, it gave the bitter taste of betrayal a slightly more forgiving taste. She was going to use the info to save Cas, but she was saving Cas by selling herself to an eternity of unquestioning obedience and loyalty to a cause she didn't believe in. She paused, "This is it. This is the room."

Looking at the inconspicuous door, Dean looked both anxious and confident. A mix of emotion that was doing nothing for the line forming between his eyebrows from constantly frowning. "So, What's the plan?"

Hope was quiet, she could feel the pull of the tablet; the magnetic pull it had on her. Even through the heavily warded doors and whatever case it was in, she could feel it; her only hope of saving Castiel. And it was just behind those doors and past a few weak goons. She was so close. "This is," Hope kicked down the door with more force than needed, or intended, sending it flying off its hinges and across the small room. She heard Dean sigh, well... grumble, but se was more interested in Crowley. Who'd rushed towards the tablet, that had been sitting unattended on a rusty table. He held his hand ourstretched, like he had hoped to grab the tablet before they could make thr entrance and hadn't quite reached it in time.

"Well, okay then," Dean mumbled, sounding fairly annoyed.

Crowley smiled, waving a deceptivly noncholant hand towards the tablet on the bench, "I assume you're looking for this."

"You'd assume right," she didn't return the smile. There was only one other demon in the room with them, and he seemed torn between defending his King and slipping out the door and making a run for it. "Dean," Hope nodded toward the demon that was inching its way behind Dean.

He spun around, driving Ruby's knife through the demon's back almost lazily. Dean pulled the knife from the corpse, before letting it drop to the ground with a harsh slap. "I'm not sure if you've noticed," he spoke up, feeling strangly scared of Hope as reality began to crackle and warp around her. "But you're outnumbered."

Apparently Crowley was feeling a touch scared of Hope himself, and he swore for a second he saw a hint bloodlust in her silver eyes. "I suggest you give that to me," she said, her voice like bells and chimes and the harsh unforgiving wind that tears across the sea to sink ships in their harbours.

The smirk on Crowley's face was looking forced, but Dean admired his balls as he continued to taunt the and now beginning to unfurl her wings. "Somehow I feel like that statement contained a threat somewhere."

"It did," she assured him.

Dean was looking between the two of them now; Heaven and Hell, good and evil, purity and corruption. But the line between the two sides was blurring all the time.

The King of Hell was definitely scared now, backing away from Hope just the slightest as her wings spread out threateningly behind her. Silver light emenated from every skin cell, seeming to shine from inside her as well. "You can get it up," Crowley quipped, falling back on jokes in his fear. "But can you keep it up? After everything they would have done to you upstairs, you've gotta be pretty messed up right now. Did they bust out the fancy torture instruments for you? I bet they got the good stuff, the real good quality equipment always works better."

"I can stand around all day listening to you spew bullshit, Crowley." Hope shot him an icy smile, "But this will be far quicker." Then she slammed her had down on the table as he made agrab for he tablet, smashing the table and breaking the tablet clean in two. Before the dust had finished settling, and bfore the bright glow could fully fade from Dean's stunned eyes, Hope was gone. And then, so was Crowley. Both with only one half of what they wanted.

Dean swore in the dark silence of the factory, then went looking for his brother.

•°•°•°

She had failed her mission. She had returned with only half of what she set out to obtain and now Hope was sitting in Heaven's waiting room with half tablet and a heavy sadness.in her heart. Would this be enough to save Castiel? Hope wasn't sure anymore. And would Naomi finally wipe her mind clean? At this point to forget would have been a relief.

A/N: I AM SO SORRY FOR SUCH A LATE UPDATE APPARENTLY CHRISTMAS IS A THING YOU SHOULD NOT LEAVE TO THE LST MINUTE. DUE TO HOLIDAY SCHENANIGANS I WILL BE ON HIATUS UNTIL NEW YEARS WHEN YOU WILL RECIEVE A SHINY CHAPTER AS A HAPPY 2015 GIFT SORY SORY SORRY

Love you,

Grace

Sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 538 107
-BOOK 3 IN THE DAWSON'S DAUGHTER SERIES- ___ Sacrifices must be made. Castiel has declared himself God, Ellie has a new child to worry about, and the...
296K 7.4K 24
Grayson had always preferred hunting alone. Ever since her family was killed long ago, she knew she wouldn't be able to cope with another loss, so sh...
2.2K 111 19
Alexis has been through hell lately...literally and figuratively. After everything she's been through, will she and Dean come back together? Will the...
60.6K 2.9K 15
Sam unknowingly sacrificed himself while finishing the trials after failing to find God. Dean is left a mess on the inside, but is forced to bottle i...