Stranger | Jikook/Kookmin

jotajotakapa tarafından

There are stranger things about the world. There are stranger things about people. But nothing and no one has... Daha Fazla

Confirmation
Introduction | Prestory
1 | First String of Fate
2 | Team Secret Services
3 | Code Word: Mascot
4 | Tracking Down the Hacker
5 | Being a Fool
6 | Boy With Twists
7 | Costume Box and a Pair of Boxers
8 | Fandom
9 | Molt Icebergs
10 | Not Supposed to Fall
11 | Deal With The Devil
12 | Little By Little
13 | Ice Cream Couple
15 | Sweet-Talker Fierce-Walker
16 | Muse
17 | The Impetuous Guest
18 | Full of Surprises
19 | Imposter
20 | Precious To Me
21 | Mid String of Fate
22 | See For Yourself
23 | Are You Gonna Stay?
24 | Dozillion Times
25 | Best Hugs
26 | Inspired or Some Shit
27 | Delivering
28 | Fuel to the Fire
29 |Team Makeover
30 | Hackers on the Dome
31 | Pamper Day
32 | A Seaweed Problem
33 | Hide-And-Seek
34 | Soon Enough
35 | Better Than the Truth
36 | Two Babies
37 | Anything For You
38 | Karma is Pinkman
39 | Always
40 | Last String of Fate
FareWell
Jimin (Point of View PT1)
Jimin (Point of View PT2)
Jimin (Point of View PT3)
Namjoon (Point of View)
Minji (Point of View)
Yoongi (Point of View)
Special Announcement

14 | Hal Su Iss-eo

483 54 30
jotajotakapa tarafından

"Is everyone here?"

"Yes, hyung-nim!"

"Jungkook, did the costume fit at the back?"

"We managed something, hyung."

"Is there space up front for the guitars though, because we are struggling with space here."

"Unnie, I'll take it on my lap! Give them to me."

"Wait are you sure Solar? These are pretty heavy."

"It's fine, Jungkook will help me hold them up, right?"

"Oh? Oh, yeah yeah sure!"

Minor arrangements sorted out, the performance crew settles in the first minivan which takes off to the basketball stadium in which the games will be held the coming weekend – specifically, two days to follow. The Secret Services already took a look at the venue earlier this  week, however this time they are re-visiting the venue with the dancers, singers and technical guys for a full practice.

They have managed to pull through all the extensive arrangements: from the full performance to set, costumes and mascot promotions, you name it. So far Siin is the hot topic of not only Gidae but all across universities in South Korea. The fan-meets have been aired on national television, the mascot's official webpage and accounts buzzing with views and comments. They have even managed to make money through an online store they set up with Siin the Swan merch – thanks fans, it was very well appreciated – as well as raised some donations for a Save the Swans non-profit foundation Jin hooked a deal with. 

Their image is perfect on the media right now. 

Gidae University's dean even made a statement for an earlier interview regarding the Nationals, addressing Siin as a "fresh look", a swan of its own who is revolutionizing Gidae's previous anonymous mascot campaigns.

It's getting realer each day that passes, and Jungkook is buzzing with excitement. He has been motivated more than ever to make this a memorable experience, can't get enough of the thrill of being trusted to handle such a big stage. His team members have gotten really supportive during the week, making sure to check up on him – Jin and Yoongi must have called his earlier exhaustion. Their encouragement touched Jungkook, as he kind of had forgotten that they were friends before these mascot matters... The two took him skating over the week and bought him food. It was like getting back something he had lost. It was inspiring.

Through the ride jokes are exchanged, mostly harmless banter between YAGJA (Adora's band) and Secret Services, occasional guesses on the basketball game scores and conspiracy theories on what the other mascots might have prepared. Yong-sun is an insa as they call a true insider in slang, Jungkook notices, when she stars spilling all the gossip she knows about game sabotage strategies certain universities prepared for this year. 

She is close with the guys from the basketball team, and it's immensely comforting when she says that she has never seen them work harder for nationals before. There is a bigger pressure for their university to win this year since the nationals are being held in their hometown. Jungkook can almost picture the flashing headlines at the end of the big night if everything goes right:

"Gidae University to claim 10th Winter National University Games men's basketball title with victory 4 years in a row at its mainland Gidae!"

He is filming a short behind-the-scenes vlog when Shady interrupts them from the driver's seat.

"This is it, team."

Everybody forgets about the camera, looking at the entrance of the giant stadium through the windows.

"Oh wow, since when did Gidae have such a cool stadium?" Ae Cha gasps, nose sticking against the glass. 

"You lived in Gidae for two years and you didn't know about the famous stadium? It's ranked 3rd best in the nation, you pabo," Minjae huffs, earning a snarl from her friend.

Instead of being awed like the others, Jungkook feels a bunch of nerve-racking butterflies being released at the pit of his stomach at once. This is huge, this has to be impactful. If they can't pull it off accordingly... oh god. The doubts are giving him nausea.

A tap on his shoulder wakes him up.

"C'mon. Let's go!" Adora winks at him playfully, signing the door of the empty bus with her eyes. Jungkook smiles at her.

"Yeah," he says with a puffed out sigh, sending an internal fighting! to himself before following her out. 

The inside of the complex is eye-dazzling, just like promised from the outside. It has a crazy-looking double roof structure with three levels and championship banners hanging off the rafters that stir up the competitive spirit. The colors are bright and welcoming, zeroing in on the fan experience and comfort regardless of how huge the setup is.

Jungkook loves it.

He can't stop bouncing up and down as the teams focus on setting up their equipments, taking rounds on the court and trying out different seat views. He is like a little child tasting freedom for the first time and he will admit that that's how it truly feels. People will watch him from up here as he pours his heart into dancing and performing, celebrating the win of their team and at the same time...

He can't stop smiling. He can't stop imagining how proud Jimin will be of him and he just can't stop smiling, man.

The practice shortly begins.

It's not like dancing in a room with Yong-sun showing him the moves and him copying. Even though everyone in here are technically his friends, they are his first audience. He is showing all the practice he did by himself or in small circles, and it is a little embarrassing. But at the end of the first hour, just like it happened with Jimin, he is able to train his mimics and body language to not show his anxiety regardless of it being there. 

He fakes until he makes it, and a huge applause awaits him after the first full-stage practice. 

He is in great coordination with the cheerleaders (Yong-sun being a major saver with the tips she gave about treating each one of the cheerleaders), their positioning perfect: he doesn't even half-flinch at the part that he has to raise Yong-sun by the hips, who happens to be banging on a drum set as she is lifted to the sky. She is incredible, throws her head back at the top, keeping up with the rhythm of the music skillfully, lets Jungkook twirl them around and successfully lands on the ground.

It's the part that gets the team clapping madly.

Jungkook feels his face burn at the praises, nevertheless doesn't hide the laughter that stretches his lips wider than the world.

The practice with YAGJA is a little trickier, on the hand, the inexperience of the members showing in light of the previous performance. With the level of competence the cheerleaders show, Adora and her friends seem to have fallen insecure, which is... well unexpected. There were no problems when Jungkook hung out at their private practice of the song Black Swan – artistic bit of the show – but in the presence of a lot they seem to have shrunk into themselves.

"Time out!" Jin has to finally preen.

Jungkook falls on his knees in exhaustion, trying to catch his breath as he watches the singers go outside to get some air. They look disheartened.

"Jungkook-ah."

He looks up to find Yoongi staring at him, hands on hips in a worried way. 

"Yes, hyung," Jungkook straightens up, shaking his hands to get rid of some tension.

Yoongi doesn't speak right away, rather tilting his head towards the entrance of the court. He's pointing at Adora's team. "Were they always this tacky?"

Okay, now tacky isn't a word Jungkook would use to describe a bunch of struggling musicians. "They'll be fine, hyung. It's their first time performing seriously. They are understandably nervous," he frowns.

Yoongi tscs. "It's not good look for us though."

"Yoongi hyung," Jungkook says exasperated, and a little annoyed too. "Give them a chance, come on."

"Are you gonna take responsibility when they let us down at the game then?"

Jungkook can't believe his hyung is being such a hardhead. It's almost like the cheerful Yoongi sending him encouraging finger hearts just some days ago isn't the same as the obstinate grandpa standing in front of him.

He squares his shoulders and rebuts. "I will. Of course I will. This is my mascot show, isn't it? I should do at least that."

Yoongi's hand surges to tap on his chest. "Yah, that's not what I meant-"

"Forget about it," Jungkook shrugs him off, crooked eyes landing on a confused Jin who is approaching them as he heads to the exit of the stadium.

How easy is it to judge someone based on their background? It's exactly what Yoongi was doing! Jungkook knows the Secret Services didn't willingly accept the deal neither did they try bonding even after the deal was made. There isn't much to brag about the girls considering their rookie status too, so he gets the doubts being directed at them. But Jungkook has spent time with the band during the week — initially for practice, later just for the hell of it. They are extremely fun to hang around, always treat Jungkook with respect and kindness.

Even Adora, an assailant tiger initially, turned out to being this very chill and caretaker noona. Jungkook guesses she warmed up to him when he brought drinks for them randomly one day when he heard them practice through the Debate Club room. He'd be dead if the Services members heard, but he doesn't care at the same time. The stuttering look of amazement in Adora's eyes will always fulfill his heart. 

After all that chemistry, he realizes his bond with the band goes further than a support. He maybe sees himself in them. Jungkook has a knack for doing well, be a novice or trained, but his insecurities go beyond that 'doing well'. He is extra hard on himself in return, setting high expectations that strain him from taking a rest to the point that he overdoes it and ends up being frustrated with his life. 

When he finds the girl crouched on the wall next to the bathrooms inside the complex sobbing quietly unto her arms, Jungkook realizes maybe Adora is a little like him too.

He gulps, cold sweat running through his spine as he approaches the shaking body. He bites on his lip, scared to intrude, nevertheless taps on her shoulder softly.

She flinches, looking up.

"What are you doing crying here, loser?" Jungkook snorts, obliviously teasing even though he is feeling as soft as a marshmallow on the inside. It's his dreadful personality to pick on people he cares about.

"It's none of your business, loser," Adora pulls her nose aggressively, cleaning her tears with the back of her hands. She seems embarrassed.

Jungkook crouches next to her and is grateful when she doesn't just stand up and leave him there alone. They don't say anything for a while though.

"Nervous?" he breaks the silence, wanting to hear her thoughts.

She shrugs. It looks like a confirmation.

Jungkook doesn't really know how to comfort her, but he has to keep talking. "You weren't that bad, you know."

Adora laughs fakely. "Wow, thanks. Great encouragement."

"You don't expect to be a superstar right away, do you?" Jungkook pushes, looking at her. "You're still a rookie band, noona."

Adora looks back at him, a scoff on her face. "If you are here to put me down then you can leave, Jungkook. Alright? I'm not feeling all that great as you can see."

Jungkook widens his eyes. That so didn't come out like he intended it to. "No, that's not what I'm doing! I'm just saying..." he swallows, intimidated under her confrontational demeanor. "You shouldn't expect to do great right away. That's why we are here, isn't it? We came to practice."

She re-thinks his words, choosing not to say anything as she stares ahead. Jungkook wishes to believe that she actually feels differently by hearing him out.

"Don't you feel scared that we might ruin your moment of shine?"

Jungkook blinks from his thoughts upon her unexpected question. He knows his answer though.  "No," he says right away. It makes her laugh.

"No? Are you crazy, you thickhead?"

Jungkook is about to flick her in pique but she doesn't give him the chance to.

"How do you trust someone who took advantage of your position so easily?"

He pauses for a while, because that isn't as easy as the previous one. How does he, actually?

It probably sounds stupid, but he doesn't feel like this is his show. He said that to Yoongi earlier just to rile him up but he doesn't feel close to this whole thing belonging to him. So many people are involved in this process, have their hopes and dreams invested into this stage that it's no more a mere personal matter... it's now a collective battle. 

Jungkook's not the only one with dreams. He is not the only one afraid of failing. They are in this together, and for everyone to succeed they have to support each other, not put each other down.

"You are trying to survive too," he ends up saying breathily, eyes fixed on the ground. His shoulders restrain up since he is feeling shy about being serious for once, his lips pouting reflexively. 

He hears Adora's breath hitch next to him, and an airy chuckle leave her lips. Next she is shuffling his hair, which makes him flinch like he made her earlier.

"Stop that!" Jungkook whines, falling on his ass as he shifts to get away from her. He tries fixing his hair to the best of his ability, Adora watching him in amusement. "Only one person is allowed to do that to me."

She raises both eyebrows even though it looks like she was trying to raise one. 

"Whatever, chill."

Jungkook refuses to look at her. "Loser."

"You-"

He's up on his feet running in giggles, Adora chasing after him through the halls all the way to the exit of the stadium. The sudden bash of light makes him squint his eyes and something keeps him from moving further. 

"Jungkook-ah!" it's Minji. She holds him still, refusing to let him escape. "There is something for you, right there."

"Huh?"

"Look," she points ahead.

At first Jungkook can't see that well through the small cheerleaders crowd but as he walks closer he notices that it's a small coffee truck. It's cute and dainty, a bunch of dreamcatchers hanging from the sides and a gigantic FIGHTING SIIN-AH! heading running at the top. There are banners with his swan mascot picture hanging off the sides, some from the fan-meets he held but one catches Jungkook's attention instantly.

It's a picture of the swan costume sitting inside the cardboard box he first bought it with.

"Oh, Jungkook-ah!" 

Jungkook blinks to find the voice belonging to no other than Hoseok, the barista peeking at him from inside the truck. 

"H-Hobi hyung?" Jungkook sprints, breaking through the curious students. "What are you doing here?!"

Hoseok laughs as if he doesn't believe it's Jungkook. "A fan of Gidae's mascot ordered a coffee truck from our café, there is apparently a practice scheduled for today. What are you doing here?"

Jungkook is speechless, eyes wondering on the snacks and coffee machine stocked inside the truck, and the cutest ever writings of encouragement: 

YOU CAN DO IT!

SIIN-AH IS THE BEST!

FIGHTING, GIDAE-ERS!

His heart is beating frantically when he asks Hoseok. "Who was it, hyung?"

"The fan?"

Jungkook nods.

"Should I tell you this?" Hoseok laughs, but it's obvious that he is teasing. He leans his arms on the high counter and approximates himself to Jungkook, a smirk on his lips. "That hot blondie friend of yours."

Jungkook can't believe it.

"J-Jimin?"

Hoseok hums, mischievous. "He picked all the snacks himself, brought all the posters and decorations and even helped us put them up. He wouldn't leave until I made sure we'd get the truck to the venue safely."

Jungkook's jaw hangs dropped, his body engulfed by that same unbelievable warmness that he gets whenever Jimin crosses his mind. He had given away that they'd be practicing at the stadium when Jimin casually asked him about his schedule over the phone, not even suspecting once when he kept pushing for the time and venue details. 

This is it. Jungkook is going to plant a big fat kiss on his cheek next time he sees him because this much consideration is illegal. What is this human of a marvel trying to do to him? Telling him he can't date and doing all these advancements.

Jungkook is going to lose his mind at this rate. 

"You can all enjoy the snacks, get yourself some coffee too, yoreobun!" he announces to their crowding team members, earning a round of cheers and thank yous. "I appreciate it, Hobi hyung!" he says to Hoseok, who waves him off and starts serving his customers.

Jungkook practically skips a bit further so that he can talk to Jimin without interruptions. He watches everyone happily eating and drinking as he waits for the toots to come to an end.

Pick up pick up pick up...

A sudden sound from the line makes Jungkook wince in excitement.

"Jimin hyung?"

"Jungkookie! Hi!"

Jungkook laughs to himself. "Hyung..."

Jimin laughs too, it's the softest fluffiest sound ever. "What..."

"Hyung why are you like this? You really didn't need to put up with all this commotion for me!"

"Ah, you received the coffee truck?" his voice is even sweeter this time, a little shy from how reserved he is sounding. If he continues being like this Jungkook will leave whatever he is doing and steal one of the minivans in the parking lot to go find him and give him that big fat kiss. 

"I did, and it's amazing. Hobi hyung said you decorated it?"

Jimin chuckles. "Why did he tell you that? Ah, it's embarrassing... but yeah I wanted to surprise you. Since you are working too hard."

"Jiminie hyung, you are the best. Seriously. Thank you so so much. You literally made my day."

"Good job for me then."

"I'm serious, thank you so much."

"You deserve it Ggukie, I really want you to know I'm rooting for you all the way. Hal su iss-eo!"

Jungkook bites on his bottom lip. He is like jelly right now, walking on circles from how restless he is. "How am I going to thank you enough for this?"

"I might know a way."

Jungkook makes his inhumane sound of cuteness from his throat, which embarrasses himself the instant it comes out. Gosh, he is being an idiot. He clears his throat, peeking around. "And that is...?"

"You doing well on Saturday."

Of course, of course more docility.

"I will do well for you, hyung," Jungkook says smiling, his heart racing on his chest when Jimin laughs cutely at his response.

"You should, then."

"I will, then."

More laughing by Jimin. 

"Ay, I picked a special cake for you. Your barista friend recommended me something you always order, so ask him for it. I told him to keep it at the back so no one took it before you. Ask him for it, okay?"

Jungkook will serious have muscle pain from how much he is stretching his face grinning like a madman. How can someone be this thoughtful? 

"Okay, hyung."

"You should stock up all the energy you can and have a great practice, arasso? I should get going now."

Bummer. 

"Are you working?"

"Yeah. At the mall. 'M shopping."

Jungkook takes two. It's a Thursday today, isn't it?

"For the second son of Alexa Armanto?"

Jimin erupts into a loud-ass laughter, making Jungkook laugh with him. He scored.

"Tell your agents to stop following me around, dork. See you later."

"See you on Saturday, hyung," Jungkook corrects. He can almost see Jimin roll his eyes from the other side. 

"Told you I was coming, don't worry. I'll be there. Bye Ggukie."

"Byee..." Jungkook says in this lovesick way, unable to remove the phone from his ear even though Jimin has hung up. 

He is so so so whipped for this guy, it's unhealthy. Seriously.

But he can't wait to have that cake and sip on some sweet coffee at the same time, so he'll listen to Jimin and go bother Hoseok for his treat.

The rest of the practice is unbelievably effortless. The mood seems to have been lifted after the lovely treats, everyone collaborating with each other to smoothly get through the routines. YAGJA is doing much better, Adora sending secret smiles his way every time they make eye contact. 

They practice one last time with him wearing the costume and the props, Secret Services now focusing on the technical details, placements and timing. They monitor the practice with the staff of the stadium and give them directions on the arrangements they want made — it's perfect.

Jungkook shares a little moment with Yoongi where the elder playfully calls him a know-it-all, though there is an apologetic look on his face. Jungkook sticks his tongue out at him, and Yoongi doesn't make an effort into getting him for that, solely rolling his eyes and laughing quietly. 

Jungkook knows he won him over.

He knows he won this whole thing over already.

The question is... will Gidae's basketball team win the game?

At the end of it all... they're hanging by a thread regardless of how in control they might seem of their fate.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.9M 65.6K 46
"They say when you love someone, you'll do anything in the world for them. Even break the rules of love, in some cases..." |ψ|Book 1: Purity || j.jun...
152K 8.6K 27
"Sometimes you forgive people simply because you still want them in your life"
1.6K 44 20
Life where you are nothing and no one loves you is really a shit, but you have to live through it. But there will be always a person just for you.
94 12 14
"Strangers always meet for a reason y/n" he says looking across the scenery "Do you know why we met?" ..... When a stranger turns into your best frie...