Kidge

By _CinnyCinnamon_

Idk what to say or really what the plot will be yet...I'm kinda just making this up as I go not what I normal... More

Earth
The Blue Lion
~ The Castle of Lions ~
Gomen!!
Accused
The other Side

~ Altea ~

546 8 1
By _CinnyCinnamon_

Hi Everyone! If your reading this your probably looking for a Juicy Kidge FanFic 0w< or not I'm not a mind reader haha. Just letting ya know this is almost nothing like the series as you can tell from the media, yes Pidge and Matt have Altean lineage! And no not everyone is from Earth. I don't really know where I'm going with this yet I'm kind of just making it up as I go like I said earlier. Please bare with me throughout this and if you have any suggestions please do let me know!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a Peaceful Saturday morning in the Holts residence, Matt was getting ready to go out looking for a job, Colleen was cooking breakfast for Katie who was busy in her room tinkering with Altean and Olkarion tech and Samuel who was getting ready to head to work.

"Katie! Matt! Honey! Breakfast is ready!"

Matt waved his mother off letting her know he had already had a small breakfast and eagerly left the house to look for a new job. The young Holt had just come of age and had graduated school and was excited to figure out what he wanted to work as.

Samuel Holt and Katie made their way to the table where they sat down and began eating soon joined by Colleen. They talked about the usual, what was going on at work or at school, what job they thought Matt would go for, Tech stuff bla bla bla.

"So dad you said you got a promotion right? What is it?" Katie asked.

"I'm glad you asked Pumpkin! Actually I'm going to be working at the castle! Well I was going to but something came up..." her father responded suddenly becoming a bit...tense.

By now they had finished eating and Colleen had gotten up to wash the dishes. "Is everything okay? You didn't loose the promotion did you?" Katie asked worriedly.

"No no! It's nothing to worry about really I'll just have to head out for a few months is all." He said waving his hands as a form or letting her know everything was okay. "King Alfor decided he wants me to come along with him while we rebuild the coalition." He explained.

Katie tilted her head curiously "doesn't he have Coran for that? I mean your tech skills are probably better than his but I guess I just assumed he'd choose Coran over anyone..." she mumbled.

"It's not that it's Just he feels he needs to leave someone to care for his daughter and that person is Coran." Sam said.

"Oh I get it." Katie nodded understandingly. Getting up when there was a knock at the door. She opened the door to see Princess Allura and their friend Romelle standing outside.

"Katie!" They both hugged their friend like they hadn't seen her in AGES.

"Hey guys what's up?" She asked pushing them off her as it was hard to breathe.

Allura and Romelle looked at Sam then back at eachother before giggling nervously "we're having a sleep over and were wondering if you wanna come!" Romelle chirped.

Katie smiled although she knew they were definitely planning something. "Sure- oh wait is that okay dad?" She asked turning to look at her father who hadn't noticed the suspicious girls.

"That's fine honey just be careful you'll be at the castle so you'll be well taken care of though so I have nothing to worry about" Sam chuckled.

"Just be back by tomorrow After noon I'm going to need help baking those pies for the People who are going to be going on the mission with king Alfor." Colleen added while still in the kitchen.

"Sure thing mom!" Katie yelled back running to her room and quickly packing a few things, tech stuff, her computer, some clothes and of course MORE techs stuff. She rushed back out to where her friends were waiting and the three began walking back to the castle "okay so what are we REALLY doing?" Katie asked catching on to their little lies.

Allura sighed "as you know things with the Galra are NOT good and so I fear for my fathers and of course your fathers safety as well. Not to mention my Father made the horrible decision of sending our strongest weapon away just because one of the paladins has gone mad!" Allura almost shouted angrily. "The black Lion is still in the castle of lions and I've TRIED to bond with it so has Romelle but it's won't take us..." she said looking at Katie with guilty and pleading eyes.

Katie sighed "so you want ME to give it a shot?" She asked raising a brow.

Romelle and Allura nodded. "And what if the black Lion doesn't choose me? What then?" Katie asked crossing her arms. "I'm good at combat and tech but I'm not a leader like Zarkon was, the black Lion wouldn't fit or choose me." Katie argued.

Allura stopped "we have to atleast try! And if it doesn't work you can help us track the other lions down!" She looked at Katie pleadingly.

"Okay Fine. I'll do it. But there's no Guarantee any of the lions will accept us, even if they do we're new at this we could be leading the Galra straight to the lions." Katie said.

"That's why we have you Katie! Your amazing the Galra won't be able to find you!" Romelle exclaimed hugging Katie tightly once again. Allura gave her a hug too after Romelle let go. "Thank you Katie!" She exclaimed.

Katie nodded and they all made their way to the castle. They dropped off their stuff  and snuck down to the Black Lions Hangar. Katie sat in the seat trying to get a feel for the lions controls but to no avail. Romelle and Allura were behind her quite disappointed. As they got up to leave the black Lion shut its mouth and activated! It hadn't chosen Katie but it was moving...

"W-whats going on?!" Romelle asked slightly panicking.

Katie grabbed her bag which she carried at all times with tech stuff and pulled out her lap top typing a bunch of stuff. "T-the Lion isn't responding to us, really it's not responding to anyone at all. I think it's trying to take us somewhere..." she said putting her lap top away just in time as she fell to the ground from the lion flying off. It opened a wormhole?!

Katie made her way to the lions seat where she sat down and got a better grip so she wasn't flying around the lion like Allura and Romelle, it was going at incredible speeds. Once they made it out of the wormhole they found themselves on a Jungle planet where the lion landed by a strange mountain like structure covered in vines.

Something was pulling her towards it, she headed out while Allura and Romelle struggled to regain their footing trying to shake off their dizziness. As soon as both her feet were safely on land the lion stood up and just stood there. "Gah! Was it trying to leave me?!" Katie panicked however after she regained her composure that strange feeling overcame her again, kind of like if something were pulling her.

She climbed up to the top of the mountain and saw a green light down at the bottom of a hole, she jumped down to investigate only to find it was a temple! And in the center of it all was the Green Lion! She was drawn to its presence. So this was what was pulling her forward.

She walked forward and put her hand on the particle barrier surrounding the lion. "Hey there girl..." she looked at the amazing mechanical beast in awe. Her trance was broken when she felt a light behind her, she spun around to see a stair case leading to a pillar, inside that pillar were 5 gems each a different color, there was a Black one, a Red one, a Blue one, a Yellow one, and a Green on. "Strange..." suddenly an idea sparked in her mind.

She pulled out a silver bracelet that went from her wrist half way to her elbow. She pressed a button and from it appeared a digital computer like screen.

(The bracelet)

She scanned the stair case and gems from below to make sure there were no traps, the tech should've been recent but it was actually quite ancient...? She clicked another button and just like that the digital screen and key pad were gone. She made it up the stairs careful not to get caught in any traps and once she made it to the top easily accessed the gems.

She was unable to find any information about the gems meaning they really must be ancient. She took each of them and placed them carefully inside of a glass container putting it back into her back pack for layer analysis. The only gem she kept with her was the green one, she wasn't sure why but she felt the gem was related to the lion somehow.

(These are the gems pretend the pink one is yellow lol and yes I did use the Energems from Power Rangers.)

She walked down to the lion and placed her hand on the particle barrier once more. "Please I just want to help my people..." she murmured softly while holding the gem in her other hand to her chest.

Suddenly her hands and Altean markings began to glow a soft green and the lions eyes began to glow. The particle barrier deactivated and lion let out a terrifying roar before lowering its head and opening its jaws allowing Katie to enter.

She stopped glowing and entered the lion all its systems activating as if on cue. It was incredible! She put her hands on the controls and the lion started feeding instructions into her head. Within seconds they erupted out of the temple and back to the surface where the black lion stood motionless with Allura and Romelle still inside.

Katie accessed the green lions communicator and contacted the black lion who currently had no paladin. "Allura, Romelle! You won't believe it! The green lion, I found it!" She exclaimed.

Allura and Romelle cheered but their short reunion was cut short when a distress signal was transmitted from a few galaxies away. It was from Altea.

Katie immediately played the message making sure Allura and Romelle could hear it too. "Please if your hearing this we need help! The Galra are attacking! The princess and her friends have gone missing, we don't have the lions, king Alfor left early for his mission! We need help! Our people are being evacuated immediately and dispersed to preserve those who are left please...hurry. " It was a voice all too familiar...Coran!

Allura frantically tried getting the black lion to move but to no avail. "We have to go help them!" Allura cried.

Katie tried reaching Altea hoping everything was alright but there was no answer. She had the green lion fly up to see how they could move the black Lion in order to get back to Altea surprised to see it follow her. "It must be because it has no Paladin..." she murmured mostly to herself. "Hang on tight girls." She warned blasting off as fast as the lions could go back to Altea, yet again another wormhole opened up this time leading back to Altea.

It was Altea alright except...

T.B.C

Just kidding ;)

It was destroyed.... there was hardly anything left, it was all in shambles. "No...no no this can't be happening..." Katie muttered tears escaping her eyes.

Allura and Romelle hugged eachother tight crying as well. Mean while pidge hugged her knees to her chest and let out a sorrowful pain stricken scream. In a matter of hours...their home was Gone.

~ about an hour later ~

The girls had finally calmed down enough and processed everything. "Allura what...what should we do?" Asked Katie. She considered Allura the leader now since she was the princess.

Allura shook her head "I...I don't know..." she murmured. Her eyes were puffy she had done more crying out of the three.

"Fine then I guess it's up to me.." Katie sighed. She used the lions computer to search for some things. She was able to hack into surviving Altean files. "The survivors scattered but most of them have made their way to Oriond...however we can't enter that place without Voltron...it's too dangerous not to mention only those worthy may enter..."

Allura was slightly relieved that there were survivors she just hoped her father was one of them...still she remained quiet in all her misery.

"Alright then here's the plan since no one else seems to have one." Katie pulled up an image of the blue lion on the black and green lions screen. "So far I was able to find the location of the blue lion, while it's not exact I've narrowed it down to a certain area on the planet...Earth. I believe there we may find new paladins, though it isn't as advanced as Altea humans seem to be quite smart. She noted.

The other two still remained quiet which was staring to tick Katie off a bit. "We'll need to hide our Altean marks and ears...our best bet is to enroll into a school called "the garrison" because of our ages it'll also be useful to learn more about this planets galaxy and such. However I do believe this planet tends to favor the male species." She muttered the last part under her breath.

Still not a word from either of the girls so Katie just started heading in the direction of earth, she stopped in her tracks however as a giant castle like ship loomed over them. "Voltron Lions! This is Coran do you copy?"

Katie immediately answered "Coran! It's Katie! We've found the Green lion Allura and Romelle are with me! Is there anyone else with you?" Katie asked hope swelling inside of her.

Allura sat up her eyes hopeful only to be disappointed by a sigh from Coran. "I'm afraid not I got separated from everyone during the attack...I was ordered to take the castle of lions and come find you three." He explained.

Katie nodded "I see...well we'll come back into the castle I'll explain what our next plans are...Allura and Romelle need some rest they...I don't think they've completely processed everything quite yet..." she then proceeded to bring the Lions into the green lions hangar. She helped the two other girls down while Coran led them to their rooms.

Katie explained everything that had happened since they left her house up to the point where they received the distress signal and arrived far too late only to find their home destroyed. Then she told him what plans she had to find their people though she wasn't sure if Allura and Romelle wanted to come with she had decided she'd do it with or without them. She needed to find her family, her people.

Almost immediately they set a track for Earth, the castle had just enough power to wormhole to one of the planets near Earth, the castle was too big and they could risk being found out. Katie decided she'd leave tomorrow. She was down by the hangar examining her New gem she had made into a necklace.

She was lying on the ground by the green lion when her hands and markings began to glow once again except this time so did the lion. It seemed to shrink a bit until...

Katie looked at it shocked, it was alive. It was a living breathing lion! Not to mention it was a boy! She had been wrong all along and now she knew what the gem was for! It was to transform the lions from mechanical to living creatures and back!

"Hey there boy...." she murmured softly letting him. The lion purred and affectionately nuzzled her. He was huge compared to her but he looked so beautiful. "My names Katie..." she smiled at him softly. Soon falling asleep with the majestic beast who was now her friend, guardian, and companion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 505 45
**First Klance fic Lance and Keith were always neck and neck and rivals. They rarely spoke to each other and only knew things about each other that t...
409 10 19
Death. That's all the young princess saw. Her two best friend's had all ready left with their family's, how ever she couldn't. Her family was staying...
250K 11.2K 40
Lol, first Klance! Hope you all enjoy! Keith has been haunted since he fought with the Druid. His hand... It just healed... That wasn't a normal thin...
48.3K 741 29
Pidge is 18 and Shiro is 21. Voltron is no longer needed in the universe so the team sets to go to earth and have all the fun the missed while fig...