Maintaining Harmony (Doctor W...

By puppuphk

Harmony just wanted to go to Comic Con is that so hard to ask apparently so because while waiting for her fri... More

Book 1: Chapter 1
Book 1: Chapter 2
Book 1: Chapter 3
Book 1: Chapter 4
Book 1: Chapter 5
Book 1: Chapter 6
Book 1: Chapter 7
Book 1: Chapter 8
Book 1: Chapter 9
Book 1: Chapter 10
Book 1: Chapter 11
Book 1: Chapter 12
Book 1: Chapter 13
Book 1: Chapter 14
Book 1: Chapter 15
Book 1: Chapter 16
Book 1: Chapter 17
Book 1: Chapter 18
Book 1: Chapter 19
Book 1: Chapter 20
Book 1: Chapter 21
Book 1: Chapter 22
Book 1: Chapter 23
Book 1: Chapter 24
Book 1: Chapter 25
Book 1: Chapter 26
Book 1: Chapter 27
Book 1: Chapter 28
Book 1: Chapter 29
Book 1: Chapter 30
Book 1: Chapter 31
Book 1: Chapter 32
Book 1: Chapter 33
Book 1: Chapter 34
Book 1: Chapter 35
Book 1: Chapter 36
Book 1: Chapter 38
Book 1: Chapter 39
Book 1: Chapter 40
Book 1: Chapter 41
Book 1: Chapter 42
Book 1: Chpater 43
Book 1: Chapter 44
Book 1: Chapter 45
Book 1: Chapter 46
Book 1: Chapter 47
Book 1: Chapter 48
Book 1: Chapter 49
Book 1: Chapter 50
Book 1: Chapter 51
Book 1: Chapter 52
Book 1: Chapter 53
Book 1: Chapter 54
Book 1: Chapter 55
Book 1: Chapter 56
Book 1: Chapter 57
Book 1: Chapter 58
Book1: Chapter 59
Book 1: Chatper 60
Book 2: Chapter 1
Book 2: Chapter 2
Book 2: Chapter 3
Book 2: Chapter 4
Book 2: Chapter 5
Book 2: Chapter 6
Book 2: Chapter 7
Book 2: Chapter 8
Book 2: Chapter 9
Book 2: Chapter 10
Book 2: Chapter 11
AN
Book 2: Chapter 12
Author Note
Book 2: Chapter 13
Book 2: Chapter 14

Book 1: Chapter 37

1.4K 52 9
By puppuphk

Okay so here is the final part of The Caretaker, and the next part shall be posted on Friday, which will be Army of Ghosts. Enjoy, if there are any mistakes tell me and I will fix them, also if you want a certan episode tell me in a review and I can see if I can do it.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Okay. Now we're in business. Let's see the lie of the land. Time to see what's going on." the Doctor says as he sets his bag down and pulls his sonic out of his pocket going into the Tardis though he left the door open and a green light floods out of it. While he was in there I decided to just lean against the table not really wanting to know what he was doing and Courtney enters the storeroom.

"Hello? Oi. What are you doing? Are you in there?" Courtney asks as she makes her way in the storeroom.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the most dangerous of them all?" I hear the Doctor say and then the green light goes out.

"There's been a spillage in Geography, I need some paper towels." Courtney says rather irritated and the Doctor comes out of the Tardis.

"Can't you read?" the Doctor says rather rudely as he makes his way over to Courtney.

"Course I can read. Read what?" Courtney says sassily back to the Doctor and I look at the Doctor as he points at the door.

"The door. It says, Keep Out." the Doctor says.

"No, it says, Go Away Humans." Courtney says as she turns to look at the sign then back at the Doctor.

"Oh, so it does." the Doctor says looking at the board now and I whack him for being rude and he just give me a 'what did I do now' look. "Never lose your temper in the middle of a door sign." the Doctor says as he turns the sign back around and goes up to Courtney me following behind him.

"What was you doing in there? What's that box?" Courtney asks.

"The caretaker's box. Every caretaker has their own box." the Doctor says as he points to the Tardis with his hand, grabbing some towels then going back over to Courtney.

"It says Police." Courtney states.

"Exactly, there's a policeman in there, in case of emergencies and children. Towels, there, g-g-go." the Doctor says giving her the towels and pointing at the door.

"What was that green glow? There was a green glow coming from in there. What was it?" Courtney says pointing at the Tardis with the towels.

"Of course there was. What's a policeman without a death ray?" the Doctor says as if trying to scare her and the bell rings. "Oh, listen, there's the bell. Off you go. Haven't you got shoplifting to go to?" the Doctor says leading her out.

"I'm going to tell the Headmaster." Courtney says.

"Oh, yes, fine. Well, cut along, you're running out of time." the Doctor tells her.

"For what?" Courtney asks confused.

"Everything. Human beings have incredibly short life spans. Frankly, you should all be in a permanent state of panic. Tick tock, tick tock." the Doctor says.

"You're weird." Courtney says.

"Yes, I am. What about you?" the Doctor says then asks her.

"I'm a disruptive influence." Courtney says and grins.

"Good to meet you." the Doctor says and takes her hand grinning.

"And I am the one who keeps him in line. Mr. Smith…" I trail off and Courtney rolls her eyes at me.

"And you." Courtney says sarcastically shaking his hand.

"Now get lost." the Doctor says.

"Okay" Courtney says and she leaves as Clara enters.

"Hello, miss. Love to the Squaddie." Courtney remarks to Clara.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Clara stops and asks but Courtney doesn't respond and turns to the Doctor "What was she doing in here?"

"She said she needed some paper towels" I say and the Doctor nods at my response then.

"Now, I imagine you have many questions. Fire away. I won't answer any of them." the Doctor says as he goes to put the rest of the paper towels away.

"What were they like?" Clara asks the Doctor.

"What were who like?" the Doctor asks turning around to face her.

"The others before me. Did they let you get away with this kind of thing? This school is in danger." Clara says stepping closer to the Doctor.

"Well sometimes, not all the time, depends on the companion" I say and she just give me a slight glare and I hold my hands up in surrender.

"Well, it's lucky I'm here, then." the Doctor tells her.

"From you." Clara states.

"Me?" the Doctor asks confused as to why he would be a danger.

"You wouldn't be here if there wasn't an alien threat nearby. Your strategy for dealing with it involves endangering this school." Clara says upset that the children could possible get hurt.

"You don't know that." the Doctor tells her.

"I don't know anything because you haven't told me anything, which means I wouldn't approve, which means you are endangering this school." Clara says pointing at him.

The Doctor pulls out his sonic and activates it revealing a green glowing globe.

"What's that?" Clara asks nodding her head toward the green light.

"It's a scanner. I'm scanning. Why do I keep you around?" the Doctor says insulting her and I elbow him.

"Rude, we keep her around because she is impossible and amazing and cleaver, and I could keep this going" I say glaring at the Doctor.

"Because the alternative would be developing a conscience of your own. Scanning for what?" Clara says as she inspects the glowing globe closer.

"Any alien technology in this vicinity should show up. I used to have a teacher exactly like you once." the Doctor says pointing his sonic at her.

"You still do. Pay attention." Clara says looking at the scanner more closely it displayed a four legged machine which looks a wheelchair with an alien sitting in it. "What the hell is it?" Clara asks the Doctor.

"That's what it looks like, I thought it would be more menacing" I say turning to look at the Doctor and he just places his left hand on my shoulder as if to tell me to be quiet.

"A Skovox Blitzer. One of the deadliest killing machines ever created. Probably homed in here because of artron emissions. You've had enough of them in this area over the years. There's enough explosive in its armory to take out the whole planet." the Doctor says as if it were a casual conversation.

"Then leave it alone." Clara tells him.

"Sooner or later it will creep from its hidey-hole and some military idiot will try to attack it." the Doctor tells her and turns off the image. "The world is full of PE teachers" the Doctor says and makes his way into the Tardis me following him and Clara following me.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"So, your insanely dangerous plan is?" Clara says as she makes her way toward the Doctor who had set his bag down and held up a digital wrist watch with an expanding metal bracelet.

"A new watch. Tiny bit disappointed." Clara says disappointed.

"This is a very special watch." the Doctor says and he puts it on, presses a button and vanishes.

"Doctor?" Clara and I say as we look around trying to find him.

"Ah!" I scream as I feel hands around my waist and as I go to punch whoever did that they are gone and I hear Clara have a similar but different reaction.

"Oi! Ow!" Clara yelps then touches her nose. "Did you just flick my nose?" she says then puts her hand in midair grinning. "You're invisible. Ha, ha! Oh, my God, that's incredible."

"Correct. I am invisible and I am incredible. It's simply a matter of reversing light waves. Hang on, I'm coming back." The Doctor voice rings out around the Tardis

"All right, where are you?" I say trying to find him and he reappears behind me.

"So, I give the Blitzer a tiny whiff of non-threatening alien tech, I lead it back here, but I don't want it to scan me, hence invisible." the Doctor says gesturing to himself.

"So you're, you're leading the thing here? To a school? My, my school?" Clara says gesturing with her hands pointing at herself when she said 'my school'

"My school? Oh, that is telling. This is the only suitably empty place in the area. I've set up a circle of time mines around the school. Chronodyne generators." the Doctor says and tosses one of the gizmos to Clara and she catches it. "Bit unstable. I switch them on, the Blitzer gets sucked into a big old time vortex, billions of years into the future. It's dead easy. Tiny bit boring. I'll need a book and a sandwich." the Doctor says.

"And me. You're not doing this alone." Clara says as she gives him the gizmo back.

"I don't need you this time, plus I have Harmony if I need help. I'll see you tomorrow. We'll go somewhere nice. Ancient Egypt. Crocodilopolis. They worship a big crocodile there, so the name is a useful coincidence. Go and canoodle with your boyfriend." the Doctor says and stops to turn around to face Clara who had a confused 'you know' look on her face. "Come on. I wasn't born yesterday. Far from it." he says placing his hands in his pockets.

"You did recognize him." Clara says pointing at him.

"Possibly reminded me of a certain dashing young time traveller." the Doctor says and I realize he thinks that Adrian was her boyfriend.

"Oh, of course you recognized him. I. Sorry. Stupid. I, I underestimated you." Clara says.

"It's easily done. There's a lot to estimate." the Doctor tells her.

"And you, you like him?" Clara asks.

"Of course I do, he seems amazing" I say winking at Clara.

"Yes, I like him very, very much. Go home and canoodle. Doctor's orders. Come on." the Doctor says trying to get her out of the Tardis.

"Just this once, I'm doing what I'm told." Clara says and holds up her hands laughing slightly.

"Oh, sing hosanna." the Doctor praises.

"Ah. So easy." Clara says and I bite my lower lip as she leave.

"So the plan, what do I have to do?" I ask clapping my hands together smiling and the Doctor turns to me.

"You are staying in here" the Doctor tells me.

"But, no way I am not staying in here, not in the room, or even in the Tardis, I want to help." I tell him.

"And you will be helping if you stay in here and stay safe" he tells me making me groan.

"Doctor, you can't keep me here, I'm not a baby, I am an adult. I want to help, I don't want you getting hurt or anything worse." I say and move closer to him.

"You will help, if Clara comes in you will be here, you can just keep her distracted until I am done" he tells me kissing the top of my head.

"But that is boring, I want an adventure, please just let me help" I say trying to give him puppy dog eyes.

"No, my decision is final, you are staying here so you can keep yourself safe, I am being selfish and not wanting you to get hurt." he says placing both hands on my shoulders and looking down at me.

"Possessive much" I grumble and move to hug him but stop myself when I remember that this regeneration doesn't like hugs and move back clearing my throat. "Right, yea fine. I will stay here, but if something goes wrong and I notice one thing wrong, I will be looking for you." I tell him and he rolls his eyes.

"Nothing is going to go wrong" he says and makes his way outside then turns back to me. "You stay here" he says and leaves.

"Yea, it's not like I have somewhere else to be" I say sarcastically and pull out my sketch book.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

I was in the Storage room where the Tardis once was, and now it wasn't it was somewhere else and the Doctor was doing his plan while I just sat here drawing when I heard Clara's voice from

"Canoodling cancelled, if you need a hand. Doctor? You invisible? I am so going to confiscate that watch." Clara says as she rushes inside and I looks defeated when she doesn't see the Tardis but then lights up when she sees me.

"He already left" I say unhappily.

"What is with the pout?" Clara asks me.

"Pfft, he wants to keep me 'safe'." I say. "Nothing can keep me safe, danger magnet, as much trouble as he gets into I get into as well, he might be somewhere outside by now, let's go check." I say getting up and placing my sketch book in my bag and grabbing Clara's hand.

"Doctor? Where are you?" Clara says clearly annoyed.

"He has to be somewhere around here" I mutter. "But how do you find an invisible man?" I question as we continue to look.

"Hey Clara, how about we look in here" I say gesturing to another door that had the word School Hall on it.

"Sure, why not, I don't see where else he could be." Clara says and we go to enter only to see a vortex and Clara races to Danny.

"No! No, no, no, no! Doctor, stop! Doctor!" Clara yells.

'Warning system failure. Abort. Abort.'

The Blitzer goes into the golden vortex, and the Doctor turns it off. Then he spots the gizmo that Danny dropped and picks it up.

"Oh, oh, well done, PE, brilliant work." the Doctor says sarcastically to Danny. "What's this? A chronodyne generator? I'll just deactivate that, shall I? I've got a swimming certificate so that qualifies me to meddle with higher technology. Never mind that some people are actually trying to save the planet. Oh, no. There's only room in my head for cross-country and the offside rule." the Doctor says insulting Danny.

"Doctor! Do not start this again" I say marching up to him and poking him in the shoulder. "He didn't know what they were, so don't insult him." I say getting upset with the Doctor being rude.

"Danny, what are you doing here?" Clara says then marches up to the Doctor.

"I was checking up on him. He's been up to something, fiddling with the electric, but what the?" Danny says then starts to think about what he just saw. "No. What? Did you see that thing? Tell me you saw that thing." he says pointing at where the Blitzer was a few seconds ago.

"I saw the thing, yeah." Clara tells him then turns to the Doctor. "Doctor, are we safe? Is the planet safe? It's gone?" she asks.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, for the moment. But the thing is, you see, the chronodyne generators have to be precisely aligned to generate the vortex. But the sergeant here, he went and moved one." the Doctor says upset and I groan.

"But the chronodyne worked. It's gone." Clara says trying to get the Doctor to clarify.

The Doctor measures with his screwdriver while Danny looks at a burning hole in the middle of a load of stacked chairs in the far corner. "But not far enough. The vortex will open here again, but not in a billion years." the Doctor says figuring it out with his sonic.

"Then when?" Clara asks him.

"Er, seventy four hours. Three days? Three days to think of something new because now it knows what to expect. Now it has scanned me and it will kill me on sight, thanks to PE here." the Doctor says sarcastically thanking Danny for ruining his plan.

"Doctor, if you don't stop being rude to…" I start to say but the Doctor covers my mouth making a shushing sound to me while Danny talks.

"Clara, why are you talking to him like that? Why are you using words like chronodyne? Was that thing a space thing?" Danny asks Clara confused as to why she would know about these things. "Oh. Oh, my God, you're from space. You're a spacewoman. You said you were from Blackpool." Danny says trying to find a reasonable explanation for all of this.

The Doctor is writing in a notebook, after making me sit down next to him, me glaring at him for being rather rude to Danny.

"It's a play! For the summer fete." Clara says trying to cover up what just happened.

"It's a what?" the Doctor asks confused looking up from what he was writing.

"When did it become a play?" I ask not wanting to lie to Danny, plus he isn't an idiot.

"Yes, it's a play. Shut up, it is a play." Clara says pointing at me and the Doctor with a slight glare telling us to shut up and go along with it. "We are rehearsing a play. Shh, shh, shh, shh. A surprise play. And, er, you see, the vortex thing is, is a lighting effect. Very clever. And that thing is, is one of the kids. In fancy dress. Really, really good fancy dress." Clara says and Danny gives her a unbelievable look.

"How stupid do you think I am?" Danny asks her.

"I'm willing to put a number on it." the Doctor says after going back to writing and I whack him and he looks at me.

"DOCTOR! Stop being rude." I say glaring at him.

"I'm not a moron, Clara. And he's not the caretaker." Danny says pointing to the Doctor. "He's your dad. Your space dad." Danny says and I snicker at the Doctor and Clara's looks.

"Oh, genius." the Doctor says shaking his head and getting up leaving me snickering. "That is, that is really, really brilliant reasoning. How can you think that I'm her dad when we both look exactly the same age?" the Doctor says pointing at both him and Clara as if saying they look the same age and I get up to stand next to him.

"We do not look the same age." Clara says waving her hand in front of him.

"I was being kind. Right, I'm going to hypnotize him. I'm going to erase his memory." the Doctor says taking out his sonic.

"Doctor, stop!" Clara says standing in front of Danny who was backing up.

"Tiny little brain, only take a moment." the Doctor says.

"He's my boyfriend." Clara tells him.

"Well, I'll try not to erase the whole thing. I'll leave the bits that..." the Doctor says moving his arms around to emphasize.

"He's my boyfriend. I thought you'd figured this out." Clara says confused why the Doctor was doing what he was doing.

"Him?" the Doctor says looking from Clara to Danny back to Clara.

"Yes, him." Clara clarifies.

"No, he's not." the Doctor says shaking his head.

"Yes, he is." Clara says nodding.

"Yes, I am." Danny says nodding though not really understanding what was going on.

"But he's a PE teacher. You wouldn't go out with a PE teacher." the Doctor says pointing his sonic at Danny then at Clara. "It's a mistake. You've made a boyfriend error." he says as if it were an easy solve.

"I am not a PE teacher. I am a maths teacher" Danny says getting rather annoyed with the Doctor.

"You're a soldier. Why would you go out with a soldier? Why not get a dog or a big plant?" the Doctor says giving alternative answers.

"Because I love him!" Clara yells out and the Doctor stairs at her.

"Why would you say that? Is this part of the surprise play?" the Doctor says looking from Danny to Clara.

Clara sighs "There is no surprise play." she says looking down.

"Oh, it's a roller coaster with you tonight, isn't it?" the Doctor says and turns around to walk then turns back to face her. "What about the handsome one, the one with the bow tie?" the Doctor says pointing to his neck as if there was a bow-tie there.

"Who? Adrian? No, no, no. He's just a friend and not my type." Clara says explaining to the Doctor and he turns to me and I shrug.

"I was going to tell you, but you had other things on your mind, you would have found out anyway" I say to him and he rolls his eyes.

"Clara, are you going to explain any of this? Who is this guy?" Danny asks for an explanation of the Doctor.

"The Doctor is…" Clara starts to say but stops= and the Doctor looks at her raising both his eyebrows.

"Go on." the Doctor says telling her to go on.

"Yes, explain. Who is he? Why have you never mentioned him? You mention Harmony all the time, but never him." Danny says trying to get her to tell him the truth.

"Because he's an alien." Clara says looking at the Doctor then at Danny.

"Er, are you an alien?" Danny asks.

"No, no, no, I'm still from Blackpool. Me and the Doctor, we travel through time and space." Clara says trying to explain to Danny.

"Exhibit A." the Doctor says as he had gotten up on the stage and pulled the curtains back in order to show that that is where he moved the Tardis.

"It's called a Tardis, but it's disguised as an old police phone box." Clara says running up on the stage.

"It's bigger on the inside." the Doctor whispers to her.

"And it's bigger on the inside than the outside." Clara says to Danny.

The Doctor opens the Tardis doors. "Voila." the Doctor says then moves out of the way for Danny to look.

"And we travel the universe in it." Clara tells him as Danny leans in and looks around, then at the outside, and the inside again.

"And what about that thing? Did you bring that here?" Danny asks the Doctor.

"No. I'm going to protect you from that thing." the Doctor says as he leans against the Tardis me leaning on him my head resting on his shoulder his arms crossed.

"You said it was coming back." Danny states.

"Yes, it is coming back, thanks to you." the Doctor says softly but still sarcastically.

"This is a school. We have to evacuate, call the Army." Danny says starting to think of ways to get help.

"And that is the most dangerous thing right there." the Doctor says as he closes the Tardis doors. "Are you sure hypnotizing's not on the menu?" the Doctor asks.

"Yes." both me and Clara say at the same time.

"But we need to get help. This is an emergency." Danny says looking from Clara to the Doctor to me and back to Clara.

"Look, take him away. Shut him up, shut him down. Up or down, it doesn't matter to me. I've got a lot of work to do. Again." the Doctor says clearly upset that he had to figure some other way to stop the Blitzer.

"Will you be okay?" Clara asks him and I nod as the Doctor goes back to being sarcastic.

"Why wouldn't I be okay? I was fine till you two blundered in, at least Harmony knows when to stay out of things when I want her to." the Doctor says ignoring Danny and keeping me next to him with his arm around my waist.

"Am I just being ignored?" Danny asks and Clara has to help the bewildered Danny down the stairs from the stage.

"Come on, Danny. It's all right, it's. Come on, it's all fine. You'll be okay. Let's er, get those legs moving. That's it, down those stairs. Yep, that's it. This can all be explained and everything will be fine." Clara says as she helps him.

"And when this is all over, you can finish the job." the Doctor says and Clara turns around giving him a confused look.

"How do you mean?" Clara asks confused.

"Well, you've explained me to him. You haven't explained him to me" the Doctor says clearly unhappy and Clara looks at him then exits with Danny.

The Doctor turns to me and I sigh. "I told you, I was going to tell you, but you were busy with something else, and you had already decided you didn't like Danny so I didn't want to make it worse for him when you wouldn't approve of him. I went running with both him and Clara yesterday morning, after you had dropped Clara off" I tell him and sit down on the side of the stage only for the Doctor to sit next to me and I lean my head on his shoulder and he puts his arm around me slowly.

"It's hard to be around with this you, I have absolutely no idea what to expect, and Clara getting a boyfriend is not something I would have expected, but you being rude to said boyfriend is not okay. It goes for the same with you and Mickey, you are acting the same way, being rude and calling him by something other than he is." I tell the Doctor and close my eyes.

"I think I will go to bed, I will see you in the morning or whenever I get up, goodnight" I say kissing his cheek and making my way in the Tardis.

"I just don't want you getting hurt, and I don't want Clara getting hurt by someone who was a solider" he tells me.

"Just because you were once a soldier Doctor, and not all of them can turn out to be horrible, a war and being a solider changes people, Danny left the army for a reason, that reason I have no idea, but he did leave" I say turning to him and smiling sadly.

"Please just try and be a bit nicer to him" I say and go into the Tardis.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

After I had woken up and eaten I had changed into a side fish tale braid with some bangs covering my face and went into the console room only to see the Doctor building some contraption and I went over to him just as Clara came in.

"Afternoon. Thanks for keeping out of my way. You haven't brought Dave with you, I hope." the Doctor says and messes up Danny's name.

"His name's Danny. And no, I haven't. I've er, I explained it all to him. He gets it. He took it really well." Clara tells the Doctor.

"Pass me that synestic." the Doctor says and I reach over and hand it to him and he takes it from my hand.

"So, when the Blitzer comes back, are you going to catch him with that?" Clara asks the Doctor.

"It'll be a long, fiddly job. It's going to take me at least twenty four hours. Even longer if people keep talking to me, so do keep going." the Doctor says sarcastically trying to finish what he was making.

"If it comes back Thursday night, are you sure about that? Cos you said the chronodyne is unstable." Clara asks.

"If you want bother someone, go and bother PE." the Doctor says looking at Clara then back at the device he was making.

"He's a maths teacher." Clara says correcting the Doctor.

"That's a shame, I like maths." the Doctor says not bothering to look up.

"Not a soldier." Clara insists.

"Interesting." the Doctor stops what he is doing and looks up as if he noticed something and I frown wondering what was so interesting.

"What is?" Clara asks him confused.

"I'm bored." the Doctor says setting down what he was holding and moves over to the console. "Let's go somewhere fun. What do you say? Do you want to see the Thames frozen over? Oh, those frost fairs." the Doctor says going around the console, setting controls. Clara follows, returning them to neutral.

"But you can't. The Skovox thing." Clara says confused as to why he would want to leave.

"Yea, it's not like you to just stop before something is done." I say helping her returning the controls to normal.

"It's a time machine. We can get back straightaway, like we always do on your dates. Just make sure you don't get yourself a tan or anything, or lose a limb." the Doctor says.

"I don't think we should, not this time." Clara tells him.

"You've never said no before. Not even in the middle of dinner. Remember when you had to eat two meals in a row?" the Doctor says moving a control up.

"I just think, with the school in danger" Clara says putting the control back where it was and Danny appears out of nowhere with the watch.

"Danny, why are you…?" Clara starts to question Danny.

"He already knows I'm here. That's why he's talking like that. He's being clever." Danny says.

"Now you mention it, being a Time Lord, I can feel a light shield aura when it's right next to me." the Doctor says and I groan when Danny starts chuckling.

"Oh ho, ho. Time Lord? Might have known." Danny says sarcastically and mockingly.

"Might have known what?" the Doctor says turning around to face Danny.

"Well, the accent's good, but you can always spot the aristocracy. It's in the, the attitude." Danny says insulting the Doctor.

"Danny" Clara says sternly and making her way over to him.

"Now, Time Lords, do you salute those?" Danny asks.

"Definitely not." the Doctor tells him.

"Ah. Sir!" Danny says and salutes.

"And you do not call me sir." the Doctor tells him.

"As you wish, sir. Absolutely, sir." Danny says standing straighter.

"And you can get out of my Tardis!" the Doctor yells out the word 'Tardis and makes his way around the console the opposite way Danny goes.

"Immediately, sir." Danny says standing side by side the Doctor now heading for the door.

"Doctor, this is stupid, this is unfair. Harmony tell him" Clara says trying to get me to tell the Doctor off.

"One thing, Clara. I'm a soldier, guilty as charged." Danny says turning around and holding his hands up in surrender. "You see him? He's an officer." he says pointing his thumb back at the Doctor.

"I am not an officer!" the Doctor yells to Danny.

"I'm the one who carries you out of the fire. He's the one who lights it." Danny says.

"Out. Now." the Doctor says hitting him slightly in the shoulder and pointing to the door.

"Right away, sir. Straight now?" Danny asks.

"Yes." the Doctor says.

"Am I dismissed?" Danny says making himself straighter.

"Yes, you are!" the Doctor yells out to him.

"That's him. Look at him, right now. That's who he is." Danny says and leaves.

"On balance, I think that went quite well" the Doctor says gesturing with both hands to Clara and she just looks at him then makes her way out of the Tardis me following her out.

"Danny, it's not time to go home yet. It's parents' evening." Clara says as she makes her way out of the storage room.

"Humans. I never learn. " the Doctor says and I turn to glare at him.

"Hello human here, kind of insulting" I say gesturing to myself and he rolls his eyes.

"Alright, every human but you" he says trying again and I just sigh knowing that is as good as I was going to get, as he makes his way back to the Tardis.

"What's in the box?" Courtney says and the Doctor turns around. "It's not really a policeman, is it?" she asks and the Doctor turns toward the Tardis then back at her.

"You want to know what's in that box? I'll tell you what's in that box. It's a time machine." he says and Courtney comes over and looks at the Tardis. "It also travels in space. And it usually contains a man who just wants to get on with his work of preventing the end of the world, but keeps being interrupted by boring little humans." the Doctor says leaning against the shelf next to the Tardis.

"Cool. So, that's really a spaceship?" Courtney says and goes to go inside but the Doctor pulls Courtney back from the Tardis by her collar.

"I'm serious. I'm trying to save this planet." the Doctor says trying to be serious but not getting anyone taking him seriously.

"End of the world for me tonight, whatever you do. Parents' evening." Courtney says clearly unhappy about tonight.

"Is your name really Disruptive Influence?" the Doctor asks her.

"Courtney Woods. Can I go in space?" Courtney asks grinning.

"I'll let you know. I may have a vacancy. But not right now." the Doctor says and he hustles Courtney out.

"Maybe later Courtney, I will get him to let you" I say and she smiles while walking out and the Doctor turns to me.

"Two days. I can do it" the Doctor sighs and makes his way back into the Tardis.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

A few hours later I was just sitting on the upper level of the console room reading a book when the Doctor was carrying his tool box when the scanner beeps and he stops and I place my book down looking at him and quickly making my way over to him.

"No, no, no. No! No, no, no, no, no!" he groans out grabbing the ghostbusters like backpack and runs out me quickly following him.

We quickly made our way over to where Clara was and the Doctor was trying to get her attention when Danny noticed us and seemed to have cleared his throat because she looked up noticing the Doctor and me gesturing for her and Danny to come one.

They get up and leave, making their way over to us.

"What's happening?" Clara says as the Doctor sets the backpack down.

"Clara, the vortex is opening." the Doctor says.

"You said Thursday night. Right, hall, quick." Danny says and points to the direction of the hall.

"PE, shut up. Clara, it'll scan the area. If it gets to parents' evening, it'll kill them all." the Doctor tells Clara.

"We've got to evacuate." Danny says like it is the only option.

"Shut up!" the Doctor yells to Danny.

"Quickly. What do I do?" Clara asks the Doctor and he gestures to her moving her away from Danny and gets out his sonic.

"It'll be here any second. Get to the hall." the Doctor says and gives her the sonic screwdriver. "Give it some squirts of helicon energy, setting number forty one. No more than three seconds each, random pulses. Distract it, then you lead it away from the hall, give me two minutes." he says.

"Then what?" Clara asks him.

"Just run straight to the Tardis." the Doctor says making a straight line with his arm.

"But your gadget isn't ready yet. Twenty four hours, you said." Danny says.

"Yes, well, I've revised that down to two minutes. Probably. Clara, go." the Doctor says rolling his eyes and making Clara go.

"On my way." Clara says running off.

"You're using her like a decoy?" Danny yells out to the Doctor.

"No, not like a decoy. As a decoy. Don't they teach you anything at stupid school?" the Doctor says as he picks up his backpack.

"Well, is there anything I can do?" Danny asks him.

"Yes. Yes, and this is very, very important. Leave us alone!" the Doctor says rudely into his face and rushes off.

"He means well, just make sure no one leaves and no one finds out, I'm going to go help him" I tell Danny and rush after the Doctor but stop and turn to Danny. "Though some back up might be helpful, still got the invisibility watch?" I ask him and he holds up his wrist and I smirk. "Good, might be useful to use" I say grinning and run after the Doctor.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

The Doctor was back in the store room and had the backpack hopefully ready to use when Clara came rushing in the Blitzer right behind her.

'Destroy. Destroy.'

"Doctor, now! It's got to be now!" Clara says rushing in.

"Twenty seconds." the Doctor yells back getting the backpack on and moving me behind him.

'Destroy. Destroy.'

"Doctor!" Clara yells dodging the weapons fire getting closer to me and the Doctor as I help the Doctor on with the backpack.

"Am I green? Am I green?" the Doctor ask.

"You're green!" Clara and I yell.

The Doctor uses a commentator's microphone to talk to the Blitzer via the backpack. "Stop! Skovox Blitzer!"

'Awaiting Orders.'

"Superior Skovox Artificer. Analyze stop analyses stop." the Doctor says through the microphone.

'Superior recognized. Pattern one… ne oh, Orders…orders.'

"Why's it listening to you?" Clara questions the Doctor.

"Listening to its superior. This is a rough copy. It thinks I'm its general. Initiate input. Commence shutdown protocol. No conflict. Conclusion?" the Doctor says.

'Problem solution.'

"Conclusion." the Doctor says.

'Final input code missing. Emergency terminate. Initiate self-destruct in nine, eight' The Blitzer's eyes turn from blue to red.

"The input code. I forgot the final input code." the Doctor says and stabs frantically at a keypad.

'Seven, six, five'

"Do it now!" Clara yells at him.

"I need time. Distract it, Clara!" the Doctor yells at her.

"Me? What can I do?" Clara yells back.

'Three, two, one.'

"Oi, Skovox. Over here." I hear Danny's voice ring out and he turns off the invisibility watch, then runs and somersaults over the Blitzer and grabs Clara holding her.

'Under attack.'

"Artificer…Artificer. Stop. Confirm stop override final input code." the Doctor says through the microphone.

'Code accepted. Abort self-destruct. Orders accepted Stop, stop, stop.' The Blitzer powers off.

"Oh, my God! Oh, my God, you were amazing! Oh, my God, you were so brilliant." Clara says as she hugs Danny around the neck and he picks her up.

"Well, yeah, I was okay, wasn't I? I was behind you every step of the way. Had to make sure you were safe." Danny says then turns to the Doctor "You okay?" he asks holding out the watch.

"Okay." the Doctor says taking the watch.

"The Fault in Our Stars moment, you both said 'okay? okay' I say laughing and the Doctor just shakes his head while Clara just gives the Doctor a look.

"Just okay?" Clara asks him still smiling.

"It's all right, it doesn't matter. I don't need him to like me. It doesn't matter if he likes me or hates me, I just need to do exactly one thing for you. Doctor, am I right?" Danny asks the Doctor.

"Yes." the Doctor tells him.

"What? What one thing?" Clara asks the Doctor confused.

"I need to be good enough for you." Danny tells her and she looks at him. "That's why he's angry. Just in case I'm not." he explains and the Doctor turns away from them to look at the Blitzer.

"He, er, he did just save the whole world." Clara points out.

"Yeah, yeah. Good start" the Doctor says which makes Clara smile.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

The Blitzer is cast adrift from the Tardis, micro-meteorites bouncing off its metal surface.

"Farewell, Skovox Blitzer. Have a nice war. So, Courtney Woods, impressed yet?" the Doctor asks Courtney who he decided could come along but she was holding on to the doorframe for dear life.

"Actually, I'm feeling a bit ill." Courtney says looking like she might hurl.

"Ah, it can be a bit overwhelming. But look." the Doctor says and points at a group of stars "The Olveron Cluster. A million stars, a hundred million inhabited planets."

Courtney gags and runs inside and I hear her hurl making me slightly gaga but lean into the Doctor's side.

"Ah, yes. There has been a spillage" the Doctor says and closes the door his arm still around me.

"I'll go help her clean up, you just get us back to where we need to be" I say and turn to go help Courtney and lead her to a chair so she can sit down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 424 27
"I can't figure out how to show you how much you mean to me. You are my golden girl, my dearest friend. I am incredibly lucky to have you next to me...
8.1K 166 14
'The Great Star' a title passed down to Celestia Andromeda when she was just a young child, and since then all she has ever seen was darkness. While...
48.1K 1.8K 71
The powers within have been steadily growing, buying time until the moment of remembrance. The moment swiftly approaches. Wanda's fears are coming to...
3.2K 171 9
𝐈𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧. 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡: 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐝𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭...