๐—›๐—ข๐— ๐—˜ || sasusaku

By ASTRAGAZER-

โ๐™’๐™š๐™ก๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š, ๐™Ž๐™–๐™จ๐™ช๐™ ๐™š-๐™ ๐™ช๐™ฃ.โž โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค IN WHICH Uchiha Sasuke fulfilled his promise to Haruno Sa... More

Prologue
Chapter One: A Day With Sasuke
Chapter Two: Meeting The Parents
Chapter Three: Fulfilling The Promise
Chapter Four: The Girl He Would Treasure
Chapter Five: Team 7
Chapter Six: The Journey Begins
Chapter Seven: The Land of Steam
Chapter Eight: The Untold History
Chapter Nine: The Strongest Kunoichi
Chapter Ten: Mission Concludes
Chapter Eleven: A Start of Something
Chapter Twelve: Towards Sunagakure
Chapter Thirteen: Fall, All Over Again
Chapter Fourteen: A Night Under The Fireworks
Chapter Fifteen: Abducted
Chapter Sixteen: Into Enemy Territory
Chapter Seventeen: The First Date
Read
Chapter Eighteen: The Only Thing I Can Give You Right Now
Chapter Nineteen: Back To Where They Started
Chapter Twenty: Sasuke's Birthday Celebration
Chapter Twenty-One: Through Liquors and Apologies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Crest
Chapter Twenty-Three: Something Peculiar
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Five: Training Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Six: Happiness
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Two Weeks After
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Barbecues and Tomatoes
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Sudden Turn of Events
Chapter Thirty: Wherever You Are
Chapter Thirty-One: Parting Gift
Chapter Thirty-Two: For Until we Meet Again
Chapter Thirty-Three: Interlude-Sakura's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Four: Interlude-Sasuke's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Five: Interlude-Sasuke's Trial Begins
Chapter Thirty-Six: Interlude-Sasuke's Desire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Interlude-Sakura's Determination
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Interlude-Sasuke and Sakura
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Snow-Filled Evening
Chapter Forty: Talk About The Future
Chapter Forty-Two: Women can be Friends Too
Chapter Forty-Three: What The Future Holds
Chapter Forty-Four: The Light that will Illuminate the Dark
Chapter Forty-Five: Home
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter Forty-One: Warmth in The Midst of Cold

11.8K 436 173
By ASTRAGAZER-

December has passed by in a blur of snowfall and winter wonderland. The once lush green forest surrounding Konoha is now filled with white fluff of snowflakes as the trees shed their leaves and the forest floor is now covered in a few feet's worth of snow. Winter has touched the Land of Fire and January has arrived. But the cold wrath of winter seems to be trampled by the warmth being provided by each house in Konoha.

"A new house?" Sasuke asked as he arranged some hidden weapons he purchased from Ten-Ten's weaponry shop. Sasuke was a bit surprise to see the kunoichi from Team Guy opened a shop jam-packed with weapons.

Sakura nodded as she took a sip from her mug of cocoa. "After talking with Ino and Temari, I realized it would be great to loan a house."

Sasuke did not quite understand the need for a new house. Sure, Sakura has a lot of savings from being a Doctor and Sasuke himself had quite a lot of money from missions and he almost forgot about his parents' money they left on his name as the only Uchiha successor. But to buy a new house? Do they really need one? Or Sakura was just being influenced by those two again? Considering how Ino and Sai are going to get married soon and Temari is going to marry into the Nara Clan, sure they needed a house of their own.

"But, this apartment is big for the two-" Sasuke trailed off and briefly looked at Sakura's belly when the pinkette was not looking before he stare at Sakura. "-three of us," he finished and Sakura felt her cheeks heat up.

True to Sasuke's words, the apartment that Sakura bought a few months after the war was quite spacious. But it doesn't feel right to not live in a house with the Uchiha Clan crest. Sakura wanted to push her argument but then stopped herself from doing so and just quietly finished her mug of cocoa while Sasuke tend on his weapons that he'll be bringing along for this journey.

That's right. The journey, Sasuke agreed to bring Sakura but he doesn't intend to bring her along to different locations and far-away Villages if it requires him to go. Sasuke plan to make Sakura stay at one of Orochimaru's hideout where she can be safe from possible danger. But Sasuke himself doesn't even know if there's anything safe in any of that damned snake's hideout. Sasuke heard from Kakashi that his former master- as much as the Uchiha loathed the term, the former sannin did teach him quite a few things- Orochimaru had turn into a new leaf. Sasuke could have a hard time comprehending Kakashi's statement if he didn't witnessed it himself. During his journey of atonement, Orochimaru might've provided Sasuke help with a few things. So Sasuke judged that asking him for another help might not be bad.

Setting the thought of that man aside, Sasuke looked at Sakura when she stood up to take the empty mug in the kitchen. He might have been dense but after a few scenarios like this, Sasuke is very well aware that Sakura really do wanted to loan a house but Sasuke just so happened to rebuke her and told her frankly that they do not need one.

So with a sigh, Sasuke finished arranging his weapons and stood up, following the pinkette in the kitchen. Sakura was standing in front of the sink washing the dishes when Sasuke stood behind her. The pinkette was so deep in thoughts that she didn't sense him standing there until she felt his forehead on her shoulder, his hand pressed on the sink for support.

"Sasuke-kun?"

"Would it make you happy if we move to a new house?" Sasuke asked, his forehead still firmly pressed on her shoulder. He felt Sakura nodded.

"Alright, if that will make you happy."

Sakura felt her heart flutter as she turned around to face Sasuke who lift his head when he felt her move. He looked at her to see the wide smile grazing her face.

"Really? Thank you Sasuke-kun!" Sakura said and fling her arms around him in a big hug.

"But would it be fine to do it after we return?" Sakura nodded, still embracing the Uchiha who let a small smile linger on his lips for a few seconds before Sakura pulled away and look at him.

"But you know," Sasuke started, looking at the pinkette with his serious expression. "It doesn't matter if it's a huge and spacious house or a small box. What really matters is the thought that someone is waiting for you in a place you call home."

Sure, Sasuke's words were right in so many levels. Sasuke just wanted to tell her that it doesn't need to be a mansion or a small apartment as long as you can call it a home. But for a second, it sounded quite different. It's like he's saying that she's just being greedy to ask for something like this and Sakura felt quite ashamed as she looked down. Sensing this, Sasuke knew his words might have had a different meaning to her than what he intended it to be. So Sasuke took her wrist and lifted her hand.

"But the thought of moving in to a new house with you, really did made my heart sound like this."

Sakura's eyes widen a little when Sasuke put her hand on his chest. Her palm felt his thumping heart. It was so fast that Sakura only realized that she wasn't the only one who often feels her heart as if it'll jump out of her chest. Sasuke feels it too, though may not as often as she does. But he isn't reluctant to hide the fact that his heart is beating wildly right now. Sakura smiled with her eyes closed. And perhaps it was her smile that made the whole room warmer than it already was, at least to Sasuke.

*****

"Are you certain you can leave by tomorrow, Sasuke?" Kakashi asked for at least the fifth time already after Sasuke told his former sensei that he and Sakura would be taking their leave tomorrow to go to Orochimaru.

"Kakashi, you're starting to irk me. I'm leaving." Sasuke was about to walk to the door and out of the Hokage's office when Kakashi spoke.

"I'm just worried about Sakura. Are you sure she can handle the journey?"

Ah, the concern of a father to a daughter. Even Sakura's parents were convinced that Sasuke could take care of their daughter; of course they knew what Uchiha Sasuke is capable of. But Kakashi is making it harder to Sasuke that it's actually starting to rile him. Or maybe he's doing it on purpose; peeve the hell out of Sasuke.

"Frankly, I'm more worried about her staying in the Village on her own," Sasuke said.

Kakashi felt like annoying his former student a bit as he put his elbows on his desk and his hands clasped under his chin. He looked at Sasuke, eyes looking bored yet a flicker of mischief passed through.

"And why is that? She's been staying on her own for three years after the war and after you left on your journey of atonement. What's the difference now, eh Sasuke?"

Sasuke felt his eyes twitch in annoyance as he gritted his teeth. Kakashi just flat-out reminded him of all those years he spent away from the Village and leaving Sakura without giving it much thought. Not to mention the three whole years he went rogue. But it's different this time. The fact that she's on her most vulnerable state concerns Sasuke and made him want to keep her by his side.

Of course Sasuke doesn't have to say it out loud. He knew that's what Kakashi wanted to hear come out of his mouth but Sasuke will not give him the card to use in annoying him further. So Sasuke stayed silent.

But it seems Kakashi doesn't need to hear Sasuke say that because he's going to irk the Uchiha nonetheless, albeit if he stayed silent or not.

"Is it instinct? Like male wolves do when their mates are pregnant? They would do anything to provide for the female wolf and threaten other predators from going near the female, did you know that?"

"No, I don't. And I don't need to know that."

"You're acting exactly like that, Sasuke. You're being too protective, are you sure that's healthy?"

"Shut up old man, I'm leaving."

Sasuke slammed the door of Kakashi's office even before Kakashi could say anything else. The fact that he called him old man surprised Kakashi out of his wits. He would never get tired of annoying Sasuke, Kakashi thought to himself. He'll have fun tormenting the hell out of him in the future after retiring as Hokage.

****

On the way back to the apartment, Sasuke couldn't help the useless conversation he had with Kakashi. Wolves? What does that old closet pervert know about wolves? Surely he's just making those things up and Sasuke felt more annoyed. He sighed as puffed of smoke came out of his mouth. It's gotten colder and he has never been grateful to have the affinity of fire jutsu in his arsenal. Because that'd come in handy for this journey.

The next day after that, Sasuke and Sakura were prepared to leave. Making sure that everything is ready and the message was safely delivered to Yamato, Sasuke and Sakura took off at the bleak of morning. They'd have to wait a day or two at most until the hawk finds Sasuke containing the message from Yamato regarding Orochimaru's whereabouts. The former sannin had quite a lot of hideouts and laboratories that he pledged to use for the benefits of Konoha and he'll be in one of them. Yamato and a few other Konoha shinobis are guarding Orochimaru and making sure he will not do anything that could result in another great shinobi war.

"Let's rest for a bit," Sasuke said as they halted near a cave. It has started to snow and they decided to stay there until the snow stopped.

"Aren't you cold?" Sasuke asked as they settled inside.

"I'm fine, Sasuke-kun."

Sasuke started a fire and took out his cloak to wrap around Sakura on top of her cloak. Sasuke felt the need to keep her warm. But unfortunately, he is not allowed to do the method in keeping both of them warm so wrapping his cloak around her is the other method Sasuke thought of. Sasuke shook his head to get rid of the lecherous thought that's starting to corrupt his mind and instead focused on the swirling flame in front as he sat beside Sakura.

"Is this warm enough?" Sasuke asked when Sakura leaned in towards him and unconsciously rubbed her forehead on his chest like a cat would.

Sasuke slowly put his hand around her and tucked the cloak tighter as Sakura leaned in towards him.

"There. That's warm enough," she whispered before dozing off to slumber.

It was snowing outside, yet the cold did not penetrate the warm the two provided one another in the cold January embers. It was the kind of warmth in the midst of cold that Sasuke was gratified to have Sakura, who provides him with such feeling and will continue to provide him in the future.

.

.

.

.

.

Ahhhhh this is such a sweet Chapter! I read all your comments in the last Chapter (sorry if I wasn't able to reply). Author-senpai was so happy that she gifted you guys this cute Chapter! Hope you enjoyed reading. Vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 5.7K 43
After four years of traveling, Sasuke returns home for a week to see the Hidden Leaf Village and what it's become, as well as to see his friends and...
19.8K 516 12
Do you ever wonder how Sasuke and Sakura came to be? This is a story of their travels together. Takes place durning the blank period after Sasuke ret...
3.4K 126 10
โ๐— ๐˜† ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚.โž โคท After several long years of travelling, Sasuke Uchiha aches for his home and therefore returns to his s...