Arknights: (Winter's Arc)

By TheLazyYu

A story of a man who had overcome a lot of struggles just to achieve his ideals at the world of Terra More

Prologue
(Chapter 1) - The Bounty Hunter
(Chapter 2) - Identity
(Chapter 3) - Espionage
(Chapter 4) - Setup
(Chapter 5) - Thoughts/Memories/Movement
(Chapter 5.5) - Nightmare
(Chapter 6) - Trouble with Women
(Chapter 7) - MEDIC!
(Chapter 8) - Taken
(Chapter 9) - Savior
(Chapter 10) - Painful
(Chapter 11) - Recovery
(Chapter 12) - Siesta [Part 1]
(Chapter 14) - Siesta [Part 3]
(Chapter 15) - Closer to the truth
(Chapter 16) - Clash
(Chapter 17) - Insanity of a broken man
(Chapter 18) - The Hym of Winter's Oath
(Bonus)
(Chapter 19) - The Hidden Mask
(Chapter 20) - Comrades
(Chapter 21) - 2nd Phase
(Chapter 22) - Commitment
(Chapter 23) - Last Hope
[Lemon] (Chapter 24) - Shape of a Frozen Heart
(Chapter 25) - Discovery
(Chapter 26) - Bullet
(Chapter 27) - Cold Blood
(Chapter 28) - Land of Shadows
(Chapter 29) - Ah Kurwa
(Chapter 30) - Press the Attack
(Chapter 31) - Confrontation
(Chapter 32) - A necessary sacrifice
(Chapter 33) - Dragon Witch
(Chapter 34) - Sync
(Chapter 35) - Mission
(Final Chapter)
(Special Chapter) - Why i Fight
(Special Chapter 2) - Fruit
Timewatch (Profile)
Important Announcement!!!
Hourglass of Time - [Fate]
Hourglass of Time - [Intentions]

(Chapter 13) - Siesta [Part 2]

2.6K 51 14
By TheLazyYu

A knock was heard, the guard operator Hellagur opens the door seeing the Specialist neutral operator Timewatch.

"Ryo-kun! I'm glad your okay!" Yumi dashed onwards and hugged him tightly. "couldn't... breathe!" He taps her back as the doctor let him go. "Sorry."

"I must thank you for helping us earlier." The researcher politely bows in a noble way.

"If there's anything you should thank, it should be old man Hellagur here." Ryo replies. "You flatter me, but it was you first who has come to these young ladies aid."

"Err... yeah... about that..." Ryo forced a smile and explained to Hellagur and Ceylon why he was here. "I see, so Doctor dragged you into this mess..." Hellagur sighs. "Oh come on family sticks together in times of problem right?" Yumi giggles.

"No i call bullshit on that, you can't use that quote when when you always do something and this shit happens!" Timewatch yells and point at Yumi who started to fake crying.

"Ryo-kun is bullying me!" She hugged Ceylon who was now patting her back to calm the doctor down. Ryo's eye twitch due to Yumi's annoying noise.

"Timewatch whose letter are you gonna deliver?" Rhodes Island uncle asked him.

The man took out the letter out his pocket and gave it to the guard operator. Hellagur scanned the letter to see that if he's lying. "A proposal for the mayor." He finished verifying and returned it to Ryo. "Eh for my Father?" Ceylon was surprised. "Your his daughter?" seconded by Ryo.

"I am, can i see it as well?" Ceylon asked and Ryo handed the letter. "If you want I'll be the one to give this to him" She suggested. "Really?! then I'll be grateful if you-" Ryo was stopped when Ceylon's finger touched his lips. "On one condition, you must help us get Schwarz trust back."

Ryo sighs as he had no choice. "Ahh. alright. So can you explain everything from the start?" The researcher nods encouraged him to sit.

Courier: HIEROPHANT GREEN, EMERALD SPLASH!

"A volcanic eruption?!"

"Yeah, Provence and Skyfire are already at the Volcano observing it, they will notify us if they noticed some changes." Yumi said as she sips her tea.

"And this Cronin guy, doesn't want the truth to be out? If I'm guessing it right?" Ceylon nods at Ryo's guess...

"What is the plan then, Doctor?" Hellagur asked an idea sparked at her mind.

"I don't like this plan in one bit, too risky, but like every stratrgist says. Only one way to find out." Timewatch comments.

Ceylon nods and confirmed our roles. "Then me and Ryo-san will head out"

"Good luck out there. Doctor." Hellagur says. Yumi gave a thumbs up and replies. "Don't worry i have the perfect operator for this mission~"

"Right." Ryo narrowed his eyes. "Don't cause too much trouble."  "Hai Hai!" She giggles again.

*******************************************

"I knew you will be here Milady." Schwarz said as she stood at the field while agents and Infantry surround the gates towards the broadcasting network.

"Schwarz why didn't you tell me sooner that your a mercenary?" "Who told you that Ceylon-sama?!" She raised her voice but the researcher didn't mind about it. "Hellagur."

Schwarz clicked her tongue and mumbles. "That old man, no. I'm pretty sure Timewatch told you also. And don't think i can't sense you here!" She points at Ryo who was hiding under the car.

He came out and gave a smile at the Sniper. "Good eyes." he complimented. "Why are you here, i thought your still back at Kazdel working as a merc?" She asked.

Ryo then saw that there's a pistol holstered up as Schwarz's backup. He understands how she is capable of combat. more likely she can even beat him without using Time Alter or his other special ability.

"Before i answer that, let me ask you a common question." "Fine then." She signaled the agents and snipers to get ready whether he will do something suspicious.

Flashback

"Can i trust you to do that?" Ceylon asked with a sweet smile.

"Fine. but why am i always labeled like that kind of role?" He scratched his head. "It's because of your evil charm~" Yumi pinch his cheeks as he groaned. "You don't say..."

"The concert starts in 2 hours, i will be waiting for you all at the event." Hellagur says as they all nod.

Flashback ends

"Tell me what is the duty of being a bodyguard?" He asked nonchalantly. "Well of course to protect Milady from all sorts of danger. and what of it?" she raised an eyebrow. Ryo wags his finger and replied. "Well seems like you failed your duty."

Schwarz then orders the snipers. "Take aim!" She was a bit nervous since he has now came back and appeared again in front of her.

Snapping his finger he then mumbles. "Time has began to move once again."

!!!

"Damn you!" Schwarz narrowed her eyes as Ryo got Ceylon and made her a hostage. 'You trust me too much.' He smiled inside his head and pointed a gun   at Ceylon. "Then I'll answer your question. i was paid to assassinate her and the Mayor." Ryo grins as a sniper asked Schwarz. "Permission to fire?"

"Don't do anything stupid!" She yells as she stares as Ceylon her Master who was struggling from his grasp.

"I will let her go if you come closer to me, however any hostile movement and you'll know what the next thing will happen." He points his gun at her

Clenching her fists she slowly walked towards him. At first Schwarz doesn't understand his real motive, but he kept his end of the deal and lets her go.

"Schwarz how long have you been a mercenary?" Ceylon asked as the two started to confront.

"It have been years Milady. Master Herman recruited me because of your safety, but that's not all, i came to love this city more than myself. That fact has changes me. that's why I'll do what it takes to protect this city."

"Then let me ask you. what do you think of me Schwarz?" Ceylon asked again

"Well your a wonderful and hardworking lady." She replied with an honest answer.  A sigh came out from the researcher. "So am i the only one who sees you as a friend?" "Milady?" she tilts her head like a pet cat that even made our lord and savior chuckle for a bit.

"I entered Victoria for one goal that is to find a cure to this disease. When you were first introduce to me you were very distant to me. remember that?"

That memory played on Schwarz's head again.

"Please don't stick too close to me Milady." "Why is that Schwarz?"

"Because I'm infected." She got into a 3 meter distance from the Mayor's daughter. "Then i am decided!" Ceylon's voiced out as her bodyguard was taken back. "About what Milady?" "I am going to study medicine and develop a cure." Those words surprised her. "Don't you despise me Milady?" "Mhm. why would i? You are my friend right?" That was the first time that Schwarz was called by a friend.

"If that's what you say. then i will gladly accept your kindness Milady."

"Come on drop the honorifics and call my name normally like a friend." Ceylon pouts.

The wind blew a cold breeze at the beach, Schwarz scratches her cheek trying to hide her embarrassment and replied. "Ceylon-san..." "Mhm. make sure you remember that now. because if not, i will sure to discipline you~" giggling she pulls her hand.

Schwarz smiles as Ceylon held her hand. "Let's start again my dear friend."

"Yes. Milady." She bows politely. The infantries, agents, and snipers are confused at this point.

"Let's go stop Cronin." Ceylon said as she turns to Ryo who just nods back in return.

"Schwarz what are you doing, restrain Ceylon now! if not we will resort to violence and even capture you. This is Cronin's orders."

Schwarz took out her attached earpiece threw it at the ground, then broke them to pieces by stomping it. "Since when i was following orders from that guy."

"The municipal court has been breached!" An Agent Leader yells as Ryo grins.

But his grin drops when he heard this voice from the comms.

"FBI OPEN UP" The Sarkaz kicks the door sending the guard to the wall...

"She's strong!"

Yumi shot the guards with tranquilizers as they fall to the ground asleep.

"I did it doctor! I got to say the Famous Meme!" Vigna's tail wags at success...

"Good for you." She pats her head. Yumi then scanned and searched some files.

"Ahh there it is!" She grabs the a folder and browsed it. "Ryo-kun~ we got the evidence."

"Right we'll see you at the Rendezvous point." Ryo responds and the comms went out.

"So that was just an act, just to buy some time eh?" Schwarz looks at Timewatch who just smiles. "Heh. and it works. now then. It's best that we get out of here."

"Agreeable." Schwarz nods as she readies her weapon. "I got this, so run!" As the two ladies heard that, he started throwing some knives.

"Ryo-san! becareful!" Ceylon said with a worried tone as Ryo just smiled back.

"Let's go Milady."

"Stop right there!" Some two agents blocked their path and swing it's weapon. Schwarz ducked down to dodge it's attack and spin while taking out her crossbow. and shot him at the leg.

Then she sweep kicked the other one losing his balance.

"Wow. that's so cool Schwarz!" Ceylon's eyes sparkles as her friend just blushes. "W-We got to go now!" She led her Master to a car and started the engine.

"We can still make it to the festival and warn the citizens!" Schwarz turns the wheel as they drift the road.

until she saw someone at the rear mirror following them... "Look!" Ceylon grabs her attention as she holds one of Ryo's gunblade.

Schwarz took the gunblade and examined it. She saw that this gun holds out 5 rounds.

Although she never knew what his weapon when he was still a merc, somehow there's a specialty in his gun.

Snipers boarded at the pickup truck that was chasing them started to shoot the gas tank and tires.

"Hold on tight Milady!" She dodges the incoming attack and got a perfect opportunity to shoot their tire in a perfect angle.

*Bang*

The Truck tumbles as it lost control and flipped outside the road.

Their backup came and three more started  to harrass them. "Watch out the front!" Ceylon warns as Schwarz quickly turns the wheel to dodge it.

Firing two shots, it hits the snipers head after an unaimed attempt. "Shoot 2 rounds left!"

"Let's take a shortcut!" She drove into the ramp and flies over the alley. With this angle she shot the car engine behind them causing it to explode.

"We're almost there!" She stepped on the gas and outruns them ending the chase.

Arriving at the site of Festival the two could hear D.D.D musics. Schwarz hits the break and saw another agents assigned by Cronin.

"Get them!" With the last remaining bullets Schwarz hits two snipers, threwing the gunblade she switch to her crossbow. "Too many of them! stay there for a while Milady!" She yells...

"Yare Yare. I made it in time."

The two ladies noticed that voice. as he step over the car and leapt.

Once he caught the gunblade he quickly chanted. "Time Alter. Full force!"

*Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang*

All of the bullets went straight to their heads. "Apologies for being late." He rolls to the ground and landed safely.

"You never fail to surprise me Timewatch."

"Well i do know that we're all in this together. let's go now!" Ryo replied to Schwarz.

Ceylon leds the way to the backstage and met Dr. Yumi and Hellagur surrounded by Cronin's men.

"You fools are too late, it's already staring Hahaha!" Cronin laughs.

"Dr. Yumi!" Ceylon calls as they arrive. "Ah if isn't the mayor's daughter Ceylon." He grins.

"Why are you doing this Cronin?" The researcher asked very worried. "Well it's because i love Siesta. i am doing this for the sake of this country. Not like your father who prioritizes the Infected than his beloved nation." Fixing his glasses he chuckles. "But don't worry I'll be taking care of this mess..."

Dr. Yumi heard Provience transmission. "Doctor, the volcano is gonna erupt! But Fire lady and Eyja told us that we can still stop it, we need you here ASAP!"

Cronin showed a remote bomb"It's useless, once i push this button the orundum explosives will trigger!"

"Don't let him activate that!" Schwarz yells as Hellagur moves to try and pass his men.

"Time Alter. Clock's World!" Ryo used his ability the second time and everything stopped moving.

"Now then." He fired his gunblades at the Infantry, and rushed to the agents and sliced them down. Heading towards Cronin he shot the remote bomb breakimg them. then pulls a pin of his flashbang and replaced it at the broken remote...

Going back to his usual spot. "Time has began to move once again!" Timewatch snapped his fingers.

!!!

Cronin went blind thanks to the flashbang. "Ack! my eyes!" Infantry and Agents were knocked down bloodied all over...

Hellagur then subdued him and pinned the official at the ground.

The ladies look at Ryo who just blew the barrel of his gun.

"Hahaha! Even if your able to stop me, my men are already initiating my backup plan!"

"I'm dissapointed at you." The Mayor arrives and walks pass Ryo and looks down at Cronin.

"Father..." Ceylon calls but his Dad ignores her and focused on the matter.

"After what i treated you. this is how you pay me!"

"Heh! I'm just doing what you taught me to be! Using any dirty tricks to get everything!" Cronin spits back as this makes Herman more angry.

"You have failed me then." Herman calm himself. The ground shakes as Cronin maintained his wry smile.

Hellagur then punched him in the gut making him passed out. "My apologies. I lost control."

"It is fine..." Herman says as he looks at her daughter. It saddens him because her looks remind of his wife who passed away.

"Ryo-kun, Ceylon-san we must get to the Volcano immediately!" Yumi calls out. "I'll lead the way there's a tunnel nearby for a fast route." Schwarz said as they all followed her.

Herman then talked to his men. "I wanf him arrested and out of my sight." "Yes Mayor." They cuffed out Cronin and dragged him into Prison.

"Please be safe Ceylon." he mumbled.

*******************************************

"Finally your here!" Skyfire said as she dodged a crossbow bolt. "And you as well..." she glares at Timewatch.

"Yeah. Yeah... Yumu have you contacted some of your operaors. we're gonna need some help." He then looks at Yumi who just sweats.

"Your kidding me. comms not working?" He asked as she just nods. Ryo sighs and asked Provence. "So whose are enemy?" The fluffy Catastrophe messenger points at a grotesque slug. "That."

"Son of a-" It shots out Lava luckily Ryo pushed back at Schwarz and Ceylon backwards but...

"Mm!"

"Time...watch!!"

*Squish*

"SORRY!"

He accidentally touched their chest. The lava hits the concrete rock and Ryo fell down where Cronin's men are still there...

"Shit!" YUMI WE'LL TALK LATER ABOUT THIS!" He yells as he summoned Kanshou and Bakuya blades. He decided to go for that, because using gunblades the bullet drains his power since it's made from his Mana.

"Don't worry we'll provide you cover!" Provence says.

Ryo sighs and saw Rockbreakers approaching him. "Shit!" He dodged a strike from an axe

"Take this!" he climb on top of his enemy and shanked it's neck.

Schwarz, and Provence took down snipers before it shoots Ryo with a originium arrow capable of knocking his sense out.

"Ahh fuck these slugs!" Ryo stomps on them and even kicked them at the lava. "Language please." Ceylon said after using her arts to heal him. Infantry and Agents arrives and this pisses him off... "Your still following your stupid leader huh? Well lucky for you, your sacrifice for following his orders will not be worthless!" Sharpening his paired swords he rushed at them and took them down.

"Behind you!" Yumi calls as Ryo flips his blade and shank an enemy behind him.

The only thing that left is that mutated slug. Pompeii...

Ryo kicked 2 infantry units knocking them out. He looks at the Mutated slug and swallowed. "Lead it back here Timewatch. I'll use my arts to destroy that!" Skyfire instructed. 'I see fight fire with fire.'

Throwing the blades it hits the slug's shell and it went back like a boomerang.

"Over here freak!" He taunts and it shout a lava towards him. "Square Acel!" He jumps back avoiding it's hot attack... "That was close!"

"Careful Ryo!" Yumi yells as Ryo up the wall and jumps on top of the shell and stabs it...

"Burst out!" The paired swords glowed and Ryo backflips landing at the ground. it exploded stunning the Pompeii... "Now's your chance!"

"I will prove to you all why my codename of mine exist!" Skyfire lifts her staff and a huge ball of fire formed and crushed down the Pompeii. but it ain't enough...

"Get to cover Timewatch!" Schwarz warns him as she was in a perfect angle. Casting her arts, the arrow glowed in a crimson light and pulled the trigger at her crossbow.

Ryo does so and runs back. The arrow then pierced the core of Pompeii and caused an explosion.

"Get down!" Provence yells as she tackles Skyfire.

Timewatch then jumps and caught the ledge. the massive explosion cause the path to melt.

"Everyone alright?" Schwarz asked as the girls nodded. Ceylon wiped off the dust at her dress and stood up.

"A... little help here!" Yumi head towards the source of sound and saw Timewatch hanging. "Grab on." Yumi held out her hand and pulls him up.

Ryo sat down tired. "D-Did we win?!"

"Yeah. somehow." Provence as she got off Skyfire.

"Ahh..." Thank god. "Good job Ryo-kun." Yumi started stroking his head.

SilverAsh: KING CRIMSON

"Now doctor have you anything to say to me." Amiya crosses her arms, and her fingers taps waiting for the Rhodes Island doctor to answer. "I'm sorry my dear don- Amiya."

"Your about to call me a donkey again are you!"

After getting rest morning came and she met up with Amiya at the beach.

"Fine. I'll forgive you. Dr. Kal'tsit already had a conversation with the Mayor that this won't happen again. Promise me that this won't happen again!" she pouts.

"I promise!" Dr. Yumi smiles... Schwarz and Ceylon arrives. "Doctor! Amiya I'm going to join Rhodes Island as a medical researcher!" She points at her resume.

"Really that's good then!" Yumi held her hand. "Thanks to Skyfire and Eyja's recommendation, Dr. Kal'tsit has approved it with no issues." Amiya smiles.

"And as usual I'll be accompanying Miss Ceylon here as her guardian. "Mhm. well that's more better i got to be close with my friend." She hugs Schwarz who just blushes uncontrollably.

Meanwhile... Our lord and savior is dealing with the pouting Skadi. "I'm sorry. okay. i got dragged into their mess." Skadi turns around and replied. "Fine, then i want you to spend more time with me in this vacation. no wandering around." She calmly ordered. "Yes Ma'am." But in his head. 'No guarantees kek'

The Mayor approaches him and greets him. "Good Morning Ryo, i see your enjoying a good time with your lover there."

"Uhh... we ain't dating sir. more importantly this ain't only the reason why you approached to talk to me right?"

Herman gave a nod. And shown him the letter. "It's about this. am i able to trust your words then?"

Ryo shrugs and answered. "It was already answered yesterday wasn't it?" He was pointing out that he helped stopped the volcano from erupting.

"Clever man. it's a deal then." Offering a hand shake Ryo accepted and the two shook hands.

"You have my word Mayor..."

To be continued Part 3

Finally another 3K word done...

Part 3 will be the last of the Siesta scenario.

Anyways thanksso much for continuing to support and read my books leave a vote and comment if you liked the chapter and I will see you all in the next update.

Peace out YEET

Yu: *confused emotional state screaming noises*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 219 24
Base storyline overhauled and updated* The end came and went for humanity of old. An uncontrollable spark that quickly raged out of control. Tacet wa...
62.3K 1.4K 51
Death wasn't an unfamiliar concept, but no one knows what awaits them after it, ironically I find found myself in said situation after I fell into th...
25.7K 1.2K 44
[In the process of rewriting some early chapters! Read at your own risk!] [This story was taken down by Wattpad a year and a half ago. I only managed...
559 31 52
After Damian Knight sacrificed himself to save a woman and her daughter, he gets reincarnated in a parallel Earth with three Perks by an unknown Enti...