The Outcast

By rosegaladrielle

Hated, neglected and rejected. That's Mona Mayfield for you. Since birth, she has been neglected by her own... More

Under the Blue Blood Moon
The Promise
The Camp
Into the Night
Imprinted
The Healer in Oakwood Groove
Josephine's Gift
The Moon Rises
The Perfect Match
Shattered
The Next Queen
When Love and Hate Collides
Claiming the Alpha's Bride
The Black Moon Manor
Becoming a Black Moon Bride
Claire in the Mirror
Under Claire's Shadows
Remnants of a Broken Bond
One Rhythm
Miranda's Wrath
The Tale of the Moon
The Celestial Beast
The Legacy of the Horn
Do or Die
Through her Memories
I Love You, Mona
The Last Descendant of the Sky
Up Where She Belongs
To the Moon and Back

Inner Demons

15.3K 504 11
By rosegaladrielle

Mona felt sudden jolts from the blasts and with it came pain in various parts of her body.  She woke up with a start, her mother still cradling her.

"They're hurting you again, my dear. Those imbeciles!" Her mother whispered harshly. 

"Mom? What is happening??" Mona asked quizzically.  The shots of pain in her body were grappling her.  She fought and managed to stand. 

"They are trying to kill you, Mona.  Show them your power!  Smite them!  Make them pay!" Claire expressed hatefully.  All of a sudden,  Mona seemed to see her caring mother has turned to a different persona.  A vile and hateful person. That is what she's seeing now.

"Mona!?! Mona! I know you're in there... " a voice called her.   Deep and clear and strong.  Her father's!

"Dad? is that you?" she called back but she can't see anything.

"Don't listen to! It's not your father Mona.  It's a lie!  Listen to me!" She grabbed her face so that their eyes meets. It was pitch black.

"He will lure you to lower your defenses then will strike at you! Kill them before it happens! Kill them or they'll kill you!" Her mother screamed at her face, Mona stepped back. 

"Mona, please come back!  Sweetheart,  wake up!  It's me,  your Dad!  Come back to us!!" Mona heared his father's voice, pleading. 

She faced to where the voice is coming from and a part of thr wall clears out giving her a view of the outside world.  There she saw her father,  Alpha William,  Troy and Tristan  in front of her.

"Enough Mona.  Come back now..."  Bill said,  his hands outstretched.

She swung her head around and saw destruction.  Collapsed buildings,  unrecognizable terrain,  dead men around and the wounded being attended by the medics. She backed down.  Her knees suddenly lost its energy to stand up.

"Is this my doing?" She said terrified.  Her mother stood behind her and whispered to her ear.

"Yes my sweet.  You are bound to destroy them. Just like what the Luna had been saying.  You did this and you should be proud!" Goosebumps rose in her body.  The sight outside is terrifying plus the way her mother whispered in her ear.  Mona cannot believe that she's hearing this from her mother.    Her town has been reduced to ruins,  her pack dying because of her! She can't breath,  she don't know what to do. She heard her father pleading at her to stop.  But she can't feel her body, something is not right.  Her mother speak up,  holding both of her shoulders now, shaking her the life out of her.

"Don't listen to him!  He is a liar.  He will fool you and use you.  He's just there because he will die if he won't do anything.  The unbreakable bond is consuming him everytime they attack you.  Which only means,  when you die,  he will die too. In fact,  all of them are just pretending to help you,  but the truth is,  they are all afraid to die. Don't believe any of them!  Destroy them!" Her mother said fiercely.

She shook her head and removed her mother's hands on her, unbelieving. She leaned on the wall, feeling tired and in disbelief.  How could her mother say that to the men who loved her and to the pack that owned her?   How could she?  Claire approached her and whispered some more to her ear, totally corrupting her mind until a purple cloud sorrounds her and started draining her conciousness.

The beast seemed to listen to Bill.  It stopped moving as if absorbing Bill's words, its features softening.  Suddenly,  it turned wild again,  it swat Bill down under its paws,  William was shoved aside, he was thrown three meters away.  Troy and Tristan barely escaped.  Spears were shot to the beast, making it wilder.

"Mona,  don't do this! Please, you've done enough.  You've destroyed much,  you can't continue doing this.  Don't let the beast control you! This is not who you are!" Bill shouted under his breath.  Fighting against the weight of its paw crushing him.  She is relentless and demonic, an unforgiving look on its face.

A giant arrow was shot and it directly hit the beast's shoulder.  It let out a wild scream,  releasing Bill.  Troy immediately pulled Bill to safety,  his breath shallow.  The troop went on an attack frenzy, the beast tried to evade the attacks but some got lucky hits.  Dissepating purple light oozed from the beast's wounds.

Mona can hear words but all in a blur, she can't clearly understand them.  She seemed to be in a nightmare, she wants to wake but her eyes wont open.  She's trapped.

"Listen to your heart..."

"Listen to your heart... "

These words keep repeating in her mind.  At the start was just like a whisper until it became audible. 

"Kill them! Destroy them!! "

Another voice is whispering in her ear.  It speaks louder,  growling, threatening and terrifying Mona.  She is getting more and more confused and anxious. 

Her body is responding to the pain in every shot that hits her,  plus the confusion in her mind,  she feels helpless. 

"You are not a beast Mona! You are my daughter!!  Come back, you belong here with us..." Bill pleads some more,  hoping she will hear him this time. 

Claire appeared in front of her.  Coaxing her to calm down,  telling her that destroying everything is the only way. 

"Why do you want me to destroy them?  This is your town!  They are your pack!" Mona said in a little voice, her face hidden in her palms. Her mother take her hands away her face and remove strands of hair on her face.  Her hand lingering in her silver hair. Claire looked gloomy and sad.

"Remember when they told you that you are cursed because of your hair and  these eyes?  Remember how they look at you with disgust? When you were a child,  those kids did not let you join their games - not even once, they don't even want to sit beside you in a bus... My poor girl,  they played pranks and bullied you!  Those girls who kept on snickering whenever you pass by, that man who rejected you and the other who took you in to save his ego and to add more to your miseries!  How they neglected you,  made you an outcast of the pack and almost kill you!  You don't deserve all of those... They made you suffer.  They hurt you. They blame you for every bad thing that has ever happened in the pack!  Even the people whom I had entrusted to care and protect you had betrayed my trust! I have seen them all. I felt all your miseries too.  And I cannot forgive them for that.  It is time to make them miserable.  Let them taste how bitter your life has been... Payback time, Mona.  With hate,  you will have more power. Hate them!  Curse them!  Make. Them. Pay!!!" Claire said with conviction,  her eyes glassy with tears. 

Memories came flooding back to Mona.  The numerous times she was not treated fairly,  how immediately she was blamed for the little things she had not done, swallowing anything they throw at her. Rejected all her life. Beaten,  broken until she's bent. Fat tears raced down her face. The pain that she tried to bury deep in her heart are rushing out,  bellowing waves after waves of pain and hatred.

"That's it Sweetie. Very good.  Hate them some more and let's get this over with.  They are all the same.  They should not be forgiven..." Claire urged her some more.  She screamed the pain away, releasing them as a cloud of dark smoke went out of her body  and seeps through the walls where she is confined. Fueling the beast, giving it additional strength.

The beast gave out another terrifying cry as  wounds after wounds are closing rapidly. 

"She's healing herself!!" shouted one pack warrior.  Attacks fly in the sky both from weapons and the warriors themselves - grappling,  wounding, and taking the beast down. Pouring effort after effort,  blood after blood.  But their weapons are almost exhausted too, and the moon stone powder are all used up now.  The warriors know what will happen next if they will not be able to take down the beast in time. It will destroy all of them to smithereens or devour them whole.

The Grand Alpha furrowed his forehead,  it seems years has been added on his already snow-white hair. Burdened with this incredible dilemma and the loss of options in defeating the beast.  Maybe the Sun God's dream of wiping out their kind is finally coming true.  But one thing is sure, their kind will not settle down without a fight. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 43.9K 28
*COMPLETED* My head bowed in a heavy mannor, not in respect, but in trepidation. I discern his unwavering gaze over my ill silhouette. "Look at me." ...
280K 8.1K 32
This book has suggestions of suicide, torture, abuse, sexual assault, and a lot of profanity 18 + only this is a dark romance with smut. Layla Rhod...
2.3M 61K 44
Lea was an orphan, so when the upcoming Alpha finds out she is his mate he rejects her because he think she's weak. Only he doesn't know what she has...
10.1M 350K 51
"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. Don't cry, please Han...