i love you from afar ♡ (jaehy...

By demigxddess

COMPLETED | Lennox tries five things she has never done before for her 16th birthday with Jung Jaehyun. Howev... More

P R O L O G U E
1
2
3
4
6
E P I L O G U E
25 Valentines with Jaehyun
Long Slow Distance (Song Inspiration)

5

136 9 0
By demigxddess

5

~ Third Person's POV

The camp fire that illuminated their camping site. It was quiet and cold outside but the ambience was peaceful.

"Truth or dare?"

This was their 20th round and as they got to play the game loner, they got to know each other better.

They both sat on the chopped tree near the camp fire, Jae was seated on the opposite side to where Lennox was seating and they were facing each other.

"Uhm? Truth." Lennox said.

"Okay... uuh, let's see." Jae thought of a question for her.

"Aside from me, have you ever had a crush on any of my friends?" he asked.

Well, I think we all know the answer.

Lennox laughed while her eyebrows furrowed, looking guilty as hell. "Really?"

"Yeah, well I mean... I don't mean to sound self-absorbed or anything, I'm just curious." he said while laughing.

"I had a crush on Jungwoo in elementary." she answered.

"Really?"

"Yeah, we were schoolmates in elementary."she said.

"Aside from Johnny, did any of my friends asked to court you as well?"

"Hey that's two questions already Jae." she complained while laughing.

"I'm just curious." he defended.

"Well... apart from Johnny there's also another one of your friend." she said and gave him the most awkward smile.

"Who?"

"Doyoung." she said and Jaehyun immediately laughed.

"He never told us about that." he said.

"Well, I don't wanna make a big deal out of it." she said. "It's not like I'm such a thing anyway."

"Hey don't say that." Jaehyun said.

"Well then let's just say he wasn't happy when I said you were my crush."

"You told him that?"

"Yeah and I'm surprised he didn't tell you about it."

"He's good at keeping secrets." Jae said.

———

"Truth? or dare?"

"Truth." Jaehyun confidently answered.

"Hmm... if you could remove one person from your group, who'd it be and why?" Lennox asked with a smug grin.

Jaehyun let out a laugh in disbelief. "What? I can't do that... They're my bros, I love all of them."

As expected, the kind hearted Jaehyun would never answer such question.

"Just answer it, c'mon. I won't tell 'em." she forced him while laughing.

"No, I can't do that." he shook his head. "I'd rather kick myself out of the group than to let someone leave."

"Okay okay, I accept your answer, Jae." she laughed.

"Truth? or dare?" Jaehyun asked.

"Dare"

"Oh, okay... I thought you were gonna say truth." he made an awkward laugh.

"Hmmm..." he looked above while he was thinking.

He wanted something that would be meaningful for Lennox since he knows she's got a lot going through her mind.

"I dare you..." he looked into his eyes. "to give a message to yourself."

Lennox eyes narrowed and her brows were furrowed while staring at him questionably. "What? Is that... s-serious?"

Jaehyun nodded. "Just pretend that I'm not here so that you won't feel awkward."

Lennox was still in disbelief. "What? Really? A message to myself?" she forced a laugh.

"Yah, a late 16th birthday message for yourself..." he said.

Lennox sat on the opposite side feeling stiff and dumbfounded.

"Go on now, Lennox." he said.

"I'll turn around so you wont see me." Jae stood up and turned away from her so she won't see his face.

It was his way of making her comfortable in letting out her true emotion.

So here it goes...

She breathed deeply and focused her eyes on the camp fire, she drew circles on the found as she tried to focus on what she was going to say.

"Okay... I never really do this but here goes." she said as an intro and she took a deep breath once more before proceeding.

"Lennox, well look at you now, you're already 16 year old. For once, your parents finally allowed you to do what you want and fulfill your bucket list. What's more interesting is you're accomplishing your goals with the person you've secretly admired for three years."

She took a quick glance at Jae even though he was facing the other side. Jaehyun smiled at her words, however Lennox won't be able to see his smile.

"Lennox, you're already a young adult. First, I'd like to say... I'm proud of you 'cause we made it this far."

Jaehyun was just silent, he wanted to absorb everything Lennox would say.

"I am proud of you even though sometimes... I mean, most of the time I doubt you because you're like that. You always have these negative thoughts, you overthink too much, you stress yourself about being not good enough. Why are you like that?"

Her voice was shaking and her hands began to sweat cold, knees shaking and heart bracing swiftly.

"I'm so tired of you being like this."

"Why can't you be like an ordinary teenager? Why can't you go out whenever you want? Why can't you do the things you love without doubts or hesitation? Why do you fear so many things? Why? Why do you have to be this miserable, lonely, boring and worthless girl?"

Jaehyun heard sniffing from her that's when he knew that she was already crying out her emotions.

Jaehyun slightly turned his head taking quick glnce at her, making sure she was still okay. He wanted to say something but he doesn't want to interrupt her.

"You're not like the rest Lennox, you're so... different." she mumbled as she tried to conceal another tear to fall.

"What's holding you back all the time? I'm so tired of you... I'm so... done. Why are you like this? I don't even understand you anymore." there she started to weep so she covered her face with her palms.

"I don't wanna be you anymore, its sucks being you Lennox." she said and her voice cracked, breaking Jaehyun's heart in the process.

He didn't thought that it would go like this, he thought it would be a cheerful message but he was wrong.

That's when Jaehyun knew he had to do something.

Lennox had her palm on her face, covering her crying face. Her chest tightened as she tried to prevent herself from crying too loud.

She suddenly felt hands snaking into her waist and she felt a warm hug from behind, he also felt his face being burrowed on the crooks of her neck.

"There there Lennox." he whispered in her ear.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry for that dare." he added.

Tucking her hair in her ear as he tried to wipe her tears with his thumb. "I thought it'll make you feel better, I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault Jaehyun..." she said, face still buried in her palms. "I'm just really this complicated person."

"No, don't say that. That's not true." he said.

———

Lennox was now resting her head on Jaehyun's shoulder while Jaehyun sat beside her caressing her back to calm her down while she was dazed staring at the camp fire, all her tears dried up.

"You want me to sing you a song to make you feel better?" Jaehyun suddenly asked.

Lennox turned her head towards him. "S-sure." she responded with a smile.

Jaehyun left Lennox for a while to get his guitar from their tent and went back to sit next to ser.

A/N: Okay guys, this song is a meaningful song and one of my fave as of now. Y'all can imagine our dearest Jung Jaehyun covering this song.

———

Like you - Tatiana Manaois

You gotta get up
You gotta get up and make a move
'Cause the world won't ever see you 'til you do
No, they don't really care what you're going through
So, you gotta show 'em, baby
You gotta show 'em the real you
You gotta give 'em what you've got
No, don't let them see what you're not

———

Their eyes were locked to each other, dimples popping out of Jaehyun's cheek while he sings and Lennox admiring Jaehyun's voice and beauty while he sings for her.

———

'Cause you are strong
You are wise
You are worth beyond a thousand reasons why
And you can't be perfect, baby
'Cause nobody's perfect, darling
But no, no, no, no, there's nobody in the world
Like you

———

Lennox never imagined that one day, she'd be in this position.

———

Just know, that you're not alone
You don't always have to be strong, all by yourself
I said it's okay to ask for help
Now listen

———

She never thought she'd be doing things she's never done with a guy like Jaehyun. She never thought she'd be here camping while Jaehyun sings for her.

———

You are a work of art
Bet you didn't think you'd come this far
Now, here you are
Baby, you are strong
You are wise
You are worth beyond a thousand reasons why
And you can't be perfect, baby
'Cause nobody's perfect, darling
But no, no, no, no, there's nobody in the world
Like you

———

Jaehyun was more than what she expected him to be. He's not just a guy with a beautiful face, athletic and smart. He's also down-to-earth, caring, thoughtful and let's just say he's perfect.

———

You know you're worth it
'Cause you know that you can't be perfect, baby
Cause nobody's perfect, darling
I love you just the way that you are

———

As she gets to know more about Jaehyun, she realizes that what she's feeling for him is no just an infatuation... It's already love. And she could never find another guy like Jung Jaehyun.

———

My love
It's like stars in the sky
Oh, when you look in my eyes
I love you just the way that you are

———-

At the end of his song, they were both drowning in each other's eyes. Silence fills the air as both of them stared at each other for seconds.

Unknowingly, Jaehyun averted his gaze on Lennox's lips, tempted at how red and plump they were. That's when he decided to lean forward 'til their faces were inches apart.

Lennox didn't even flinch yet her heart was going crazy, she felt butterflies in her stomach but she couldn't even move a muscle and she dumbfoubdedly closed her eyes.

Jaehyun slowly pressed his lips unto Lennox's lips, few seconds later he felt Lennox responding to his kisses.

They were both caught up in the moment. T'was until Lennox realized something...

She pushed Jaehyun away from her and Jaehyun was shocked because of her sudden action.

"Lennox?" he calmly called out. "D-did I do s-something wrong?"

Lennox was just staring at him, eyes about to pop out of their eye-socket and her hand touching her lips, she couldn't utter a word that time.

She didn't even know why she did that.

"Lennox?" he called again.

"I'm sorry." he said. "If you're mad about that kiss I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you." he said and he sat close to her again.

"I'm really sorry."

"Why?" she half whispered.

"Why what?" Jaehyun asked.

"Why'd you kiss me?" s-she asked.

"I kissed you because..." he made a short pause.

"Because I love you." he said to her.

"W-what?"

"I love you, Lennox. I am inlove with you." he repeated.

"You... l-love me?" she repeated and he nodded without hesitation.

"No." she said.

"What? What do you mean 'no'?" Jaehyun was confused.

"You can't fall in love with me, Jaehyun. We don't know how this one's going to last." she said then she walked out going to the their tent.

Jaehyun looked so surprised with her words, he followed her to their tent and found her sitting at the corner and went close to her.

"Lennox, I don't understand. Why not? And what are you talking about? I thought we felt the same way." he said.

"I know... I know what you mean b-but..." she muttered.

"I didn't expect it to go this far, I'd never expect you'd... you'd actually fall inlove with me." she stuttered trying to explain hugging her knees.

"If you're thinking that I would only play with your feelings, well... I am not that kind of guy." he said taking her hands into his hands.

"I am sincere with my words, Lennox." he said in almost a whisper.

"I really really love you, Lennox."

It was a like dream come true for her! All she ever wanted was find courage to speak to Jaehyun before he graduates but he received more than that.

So much more!

CTTO

E N D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 2.3K 23
COMPLETED Taeyong wanted adventure in his boring life. The town where he lived was barely had anything to do. What could he do when the place he live...
93.1K 2.6K 42
"Why are you making me feel this way?" "Feel what way?" "Huh..." Y/N had a sweet and generous personality, but she changed after she lost the one she...
36.8K 1.3K 38
[Rewriting] 'This girl will bring your company luck and fortune matched by none. Her soulmate is in this company. Have her marry her soulmate', the f...
73.5K 2.4K 21
Y/n, a 15 yr old girl who has no experience with this thing everyone called love.