I Shut the Door - Harry Style...

By Harrys_Gravy_Taster

Leaving it all behind seemed like the best thing for young Tash when he life is just seems way too out of con... More

Leaving it all behind - Chapter 1
Decisions, Decisions - Chapter 2
Stuck here with you - Chapter 3
It's a good thing, right? - Chapter 4
Don't feel guilty - Chapter 5
Check on me - Chapter 6
Don't leave me - Chapter 7
No such thing as empathy - Chapter 8
You really think I care - Chapter 9
Too much? - Chapter 10
Time goes by fast - Chapter 11
Goodbye and Hello - Chapter 12
With you - Chapter 13
Unexpected attention - Chapter 14
Changing Places - Chapter 15
You have me - Chapter 16
Everything was so good - Chapter 17
Progress - Chapter 18
Chemistry - Chapter 19
Nice to meet you - Chapter 20
Best time of the year - Chapter 21
Slow - Chapter 22
Resolutions - Chapter 23
Bye, bye lover - Chapter 24
New home - Chapter 25
There's a first day for everything - Chapter 26
New opportunities - Chapter 27
Finally - Chapter 29
They're here - Chapter 30
Sing along with me - Chapter 31
Making up for the time we had lost - Chapter 32
Fairness - Chapter 33
You were the best thing in my life but now you're the worst - Chapter 34
I hope they never see me - Chapter 35
New Girl - Chapter 36
Finding out - Chapter 37
Starting to feel like home - Chapter 38
A home? I don't have a home - Chapter 39

A big day - Chapter 28

1.5K 6 0
By Harrys_Gravy_Taster

I woke up this beautiful Saturday morning at…. What? Wait…. What’s the time? Shit its 10:30am! Lunch is at 11:30am! It takes half an hour to get there! Shit!

I quickly got up out of bed and rushed to the bathroom. I straightened my hair put a small amount of makeup on, I put a bit of eye liner on just because it’s a special occasion. I quickly got changed and walked out into the living room where Bernie was ready and sitting on the couch.

“It’s about time you were ready!” Bernie said.

“Oh did you ever think I would’ve been ready earlier if you had woken me up?” I asked.

“I didn’t want to be mean though!”

“That’s alright, let’s go, we’ll get a coffee on the way!”

We went out of the elevator, out of the building and went to the car and got in. We drove for half an hour just listening to music singing a long drinking our coffees. Ever since I have been in Melbourne I have been obsessed with coffee, I just don’t get enough sleep so it kind of wakes me up and gets me going for the day but it does taste amazing!

We pulled up at this really nice restaurant and we were guided to a special private room. There were about 20 guys and 15 girls there so some people just came alone. I was introduced to all the players and their girlfriends. Bernie introduced me to Buddy. The God of football.

“Hello, I’m Tash.” I smiled as I shook his hand.

“I’m Buddy, Bernie here has told us a lot about you, so your Smithy’s daughter aren’t ya? I played with him a few times, he is a top bloke.” Buddy said.

“Oh that’s so cool!” I replied.

“Yeah so I hear your dating that boy bander instead of this handsome bloke!” Buddy laughed grabbing onto Bernie’s shoulder.

“Yeah but me and Bernie are just mates!” I giggled.

“Well when you’re done with the other guy go to Bernie!” He smiled.

“Alright!” I laughed.

We found are seats and the waiter took our orders. We all had a good time getting to know each other and talking about their goals for this year and what they are expecting from the other teams. It was quite lovely. We were given our meals and our drinks and we ate our meals. Schnitzel and chips. Best meal ever.

“So how’s training going for ya Bernie? I remember my first week, it was brutal!” Buddy smiled at him from down the table.

“Yeah it does feel like I’ve been hit by a truck!” Bernie laughed and so did everyone around the table.

“I know how you feel mate! But it does get better!”

“Thanks Buddy!” Bernie said.

We talked for a little while after but we were running out of time and needed to get home so we could get ready for the party. We said our goodbyes and went into the car and drove home.

Bernie’s P.O.V

We arrived home and I started to get changed. I got into a white singlet with the picture of a sunset on it. I put on some of my salmon coloured shorts and my thongs and I was ready to go. I walked out into the living room to see Tash waiting by the door in her tan coloured dress that I bought her. You could see a bit of her black bikinis that she was wearing underneath. She was wearing her high strappy black wedges, she looked beautiful.

To be honest I am scared that other guys were going to hit on her tonight and I know that’s something Harry really wouldn’t want.

“Tash before we leave, you only talk to the boys you know and no one else, that’s what Harry would want alright?”

“Fine.” She said bluntly.

We walked out and got to the car. We got in and I started driving.

Tash’s P.O.V

We arrived at Nathan’s house and we were greeted at the door by Cam.

“Hey Tash, come in!” Cam smiled.

“Thanks Cam, this is Bernie.” I smiled.

They shook hands and he showed us to the back yard where every year 12 from the school was there. I looked around and Nathan came running up to me and so did Finn.

“Hey Tash! So glad you could come!” Nathan smiled as he grabbed onto me like we were long lost siblings.

“You look AMAZING!” Finn said.

“Thanks, you both look quite good yourselves!” I said “This is Bernie!”

The boys smiled and introduced themselves. Bernie and Nathan were busy talking about footy and stuff so Finn and I had a chat.

“Is that a fake tan?” Finn asked.

“Yeah I put some on after the shoot, does it look natural?”

“Yeah it does I just noticed it because your never this tanned and it’s not really tanning weather.”

“Oh thank goodness!” I sighed in relief.

“Let go in the pool, have a bit of fun!” Finn said taking my hand and walking inside.

I took my dress off and my shoes too. I walked back outside with Finn who was also in his board shorts. As soon as I got outside all I felt was eyes looking at my especially Nathan’s. I looked at Bernie and he took his singlet off and made his way over to me. I was now standing next to, two guys with beautiful distinctive abbs and then there was me looking like a little beer bellied slob, well at least that’s how I felt.

Bernie picked me up and chucked me in the pool. What a little bastered.

Bernie’s P.O.V

I chucked Tash into the pool, she walked up to the steps of the pool and basically walked up them in slow motion like in the films where the models walk out of the pool, if I wasn’t good mates with her and she didn’t have a boyfriend I would be on top of her in seconds. She gets better and better every year.

“Your turn!” She giggled as she pushed me in.

I laughed a bit and she jumped in too and so did Finn. He seemed like a good bloke but very feminine though, I think he’s gay but I am not one to judge! After a while of splashing and chilling in the pool, I got out and let Tash and Finn swim for a while and I went and talked to Nathan, I got along with him really well.

“You are so lucky to live with Tash she has an amazing body!” Nathan smiled.

“Yeah she has hasn’t she, I do consider myself lucky but we’re only mates and she’s taken.” I explained.

“Has she ever talked about me, like has she said that I’m hot or anything?”

“Nah Tash doesn’t see her guy friends as hot; she only has eyes for Harry.”

“Oh okay.” Nathan sighed.

I looked over at Tash while she seemed to be talking to a guy at the corner of the yard; she hadn’t introduced me to him so she didn’t know him. She did exactly as I told her not to do. I let it go and talked to Nathan and Finn for a little while longer. Football and good clothes was the topic until we hear a yelp coming from the corner where Tash was standing.

“Finn, call the police.” I said as Nathan and I ran over to Tash and the boy. He was continually hitting her as she kept standing back up and trying to push him away. She was a strong girl but not as strong as the boy.

I grabbed Tash by the waist and pulled her over and put her onto Nathan. I took the boy and pinned him up against the wall. He couldn’t do anything he was stuck there.

“Don’t ever touch a girl like that ever, you hear me kid?’ I yelled at him.

“Get off of me!” The guy yelled.

“Sorry, not until the police come, you committed a crime, you bashed a child and you are considered an adult.”

“She isn’t a child what the fuck are you talking about?!”

“Tash is 16 you are 18 according to law you are an adult and she is a child mate!” I said.

“Fuck.” He yelled as he tried to remove himself from my grip up against the wall.

The police came through and took the boy to the cop car and they drove off. I looked over at Tash, laying there in Nathan’s arms all hurt and broken. I picked her up and carried her to the car. Nathan and Finn came out and said good bye to us both and I got into the car and drove home. We arrived at the complex and I got out the car. I got Tash’s dress out of the little bag and put it over her in case anyone paped her. I picked her up and carried her into the complex, into the elevator and up into our apartment. I carried her into our bedroom. Her lips were all swollen and her eye was all puffy and it was starting to bruise. She had a big bruise on her stomach and her right arm looked bad too, it might be broken. She was still conscious and crying because of the pain being so bad. I just held her in my arms and cuddled her. 

She started to fall asleep and I laid her down onto the bed and I put her under the covers. I took a picture and sent it to Harry. He deserved to know. I told him exactly what happened and he didn’t take it too well.

Harry: Please take her to a hospital or something she looks so weak and helpless, just help her please!

Me: Harry I have to look after her, the hospital said it wasn’t too serious as there were no cuts and no sign of any broken bones but I think her arm is broken, the bruises look pretty bad too, she just wants you right now.

Harry: I need to be there I know but I can’t leave I have begged so many times but management won’t let me. We have concerts and interviews to do but I will be there in a month, just tell her I’ll be there for her soon. Tell her I love her.

Harry’s P.O.V

My girlfriend got bashed.

And I couldn’t do anything about it.

I can’t see her.

I can’t look after her.

I couldn’t stop it from happening to her.

I just wanted to be there with her, just cuddling her and making sure everything was okay. I walked back into the hotel room after finishing my lunch to see the boys. I explained to them what Bernie told me and showed them the picture.

“I am such a bad boyfriend to her.” I sighed.

“No Harry you’re a great boyfriend, this wasn’t your fault.” Zayn said.

“Yes it is, I could’ve been there to stop it, she wouldn’t even have been talking to that guy if I was there, she would’ve been right by my side the whole night!” I said with anger.

“Harry, we all wish we were somewhere right now but we can’t, we have a job and we are committed to it and I know Tash understands that.” Louis tried to explain.

“They won’t even let me leave and look after her, she was bashed and management don’t even care.” I said.

“Harry we can’t do everything and being there might make everything worse, it’ll attract media attention and people will be bothering you and Tash a lot more than usual.” Niall reminded me.

“All you can really do is show that you care and tell her that you love her.” Liam smiled and patted me on the shoulder. The other boys nodded in agreement.

I just honestly don’t know what to do.

Tash’s P.O.V

Sunday morning

Everything hurts. My eyes, my mouth, my arms, my legs and my stomach. Everything. It hurt so much that I just cried. I couldn’t do anything else. I tried to pick myself up but the pain stopped me. It was all in my legs and even trying to get up hurt my stomach so much that it made me sigh in pain.

“I’ll bring you your coffee Tash, don’t move alright.” Bernie said getting up out of bed.

I grabbed the European pillow off of the floor and put it behind me and I pulled myself up, so I was sitting up. I grabbed my phone off of the bed side table and looked at myself in the reflection. My lip was swollen and scared and my eye was black. I had a big bruise on my chest and I looked onto my stomach and there was a big bruise that hurt so much to even move myself but I couldn’t lift my right arm. It was too sore, and it felt like it was falling apart, my only explanation was that it is broken. Tears were still forming in my eyes because of the pain. It was excruciating and it hurt so bad that I couldn’t even wish this on my worst enemy.

“How are you feeling?” Bernie asked handing me the coffee.

“So sore, I think my right arm is broken, I can’t move it.” I sighed.

“I’ll get you a sling and we can go to the doctors when you’re ready.”

“Alright.” I said trying really hard to smile.

In my mind all I could think about was being with Harry. All I want to do is be with him instead of laying in this bed being able to do nothing. I wish he was here. That’s all I miss. I miss him. I miss Harry. I grabbed my phone, I had to call him. I just need him right now.

“Hello?” He groaned. I had woken him up.

“Hey Harry, its Tash.” I answered.

“Oh hey Baby how are you feeling?” He asked.

“So sore and upset I just want to be with you that’s all I want!” I said.

“I will be in Melbourne soon Babe I promise, I want to be with you so bad, I want to look after you but I can’t I have begged management to let me go but they won’t budge, they don’t understand what you’re going through.”

“Just one more month, I just miss you so much.”

“I miss you too.” He sighed. “Look Sweetie I have a really morning but I will call you in a few hours I need to get to sleep, I love you.”

“I love you too, bye.” I said, hanging up the phone.

Bernie came back into the bedroom and sat next to me.

“I called work and school and you have to have the week or 2 off, the boy who did this to you was expelled.”

“Thanks Bernie you’re a good guy.” I said. I tried to sit myself up more so I could drink my coffee but it hurt me so much, I cried as I tried to lift myself.

“Tash I know it hurts we need to go to the doctors.” Bernie said. “What are we going to wear today, it’s kind of cold outside.”

“Could you grab my hurly jumper and my light blue high waisted shorts.” I said.

Bernie dressed me and put my shoes on. He got my phone and my ear phones so I could listen to my music at the doctors. He put my arm into a sling and he got me a blanket for in the car. He put it into my country road bag and slung it around his shoulder.

“This might hurt a little but it’s the only way I can get you to the car alright.” Bernie explained.

I took a deep breath in and he picked me up and I screamed and cried in pain. It was so bad and it hurt so much. He carried me down the elevator, through the lobby and outside. There were so many paps taking photos of Bernie carrying me to the car but I didn’t take much notice because I was in so much pain. He opened the car and placed me into in passenger seat and he covered me with the blanket.

“Hey everything is going to be okay, you are going to get better, you’ll be okay.” Bernie said trying to sooth me but it didn’t really help.

The pain was so bad it made me want to be sick and I felt like I was going to faint.

Bernie’s P.O.V

I gave her some panadol to swallow and she took it but it didn’t seem to be working. Every move she made it would hurt her and she would cry even more. She didn’t deserve this, no one deserves this. I just didn’t know what to do. I called Harry.

“Hey mate its Bernie.” I said as he picked up the phone.

“Hey Bernie, what do you need?” Harry asked.

“Tash has gotten really bad I need to sooth her! What do I do I just don’t know anymore, I need some help!” I confessed.

“Cuddle her and tell her everything is alright, every now and again kiss her on the top of her head and then rock her back and forth and she will feel better, sometimes I sing to her but I know you don’t really sing so… Um yeah that’s all I got.” Harry said.

“Thanks mate you’re a huge help, bye.” I said.

“Bye.” Harry replied as he hung up the phone.

We arrived at the doctors and I carried her out the car and into the doctors. I sat her down on a seat and I went to the counter.

“Hello I booked in for Natasha Smith to have an appointment with Dr. Wegner.” I said to the lady at the counter.

“Yep he’ll be out in a few minutes.” The lady smiled. I walked back over to Tash who had her earphones listening to her music.

I sat down in the seat next to Tash and looked at what song she was listening. Over again by One Direction. It was her favourite song at the moment. I guess it calmed her down a lot, took her mind off the pain.

“Natasha Smith?” Dr Wegner said calling us into his office.

I picked Tash up and she winced with pain again and I carried her into the doctor’s office and laid her down onto the small bed.

“So what seems to be the problem?” Dr Wegner asked.

“Last night Tash was bashed and the ambulance refused to take her in as it wasn’t serious enough. She has a lot of bruising on her eye and on her stomach and her legs. Her lips are all puffy and scared and her arm seems to be broken.” I explained.

“Let’s take a look shall we.” Dr Wegner said making his way over to Tash.

He looked at her eye and then her lip and she cried and cried because it hurt her so much. He lifted up her jumper and took a look at the bruise. It was really bad and it was all yellow and purple which means that the hit made quite a lot of damage on her. He took a look at her legs too and then her arm.

“Her arm is defiantly broken but we need to take an x-ray to see the proper damage.” Dr Wegner explained. “The bruises are quite bad and I don’t think she should be moving around a lot for a while maybe even up to 2 weeks.”

“Alright, can we get the x-ray done now by any chance because I have work in an hour.” I said.

“Sure.”

He showed me where the x-ray room is and I carried Tash in there. A chair was set up and she had to put her arm onto a table while it was done. I was allowed to sit with her and hold her hand while it was happening. The x-rays were done and we were just waiting in the doctor’s office for the results. He walked in.

“Yup it’s a clear break down the centre of the radius, we can get you a water prof cast and we will put a rod in it so it heals faster so you’ll only have it on for about a month.” Dr Wegner said examining the arm.

“But I’m seeing Harry in a month I can’t have this thing on when he’s here!” Tash wined.

“We will book the appointment to get it off the day before he arrives.” I smiled.

She got her cast on and it was white. Luckily they had water Prof ones in at the moment so it would make it easier for her to shower and stuff. I carried her into the car and I had to get to work. I had my training stuff in the car already but I had to take Tash with me, I was not leaving her alone when she is in this condition.

We arrived at the footy club and I carried her in.

“Is your stomach still sore?” I asked as I carried her.

“Only when I use my stomach muscles like when I try and sit up or cough or sneeze and stuff but my eye and legs are way sorer.” She explained.

“Oh okay.” I said walking into the club. I went into the change rooms and plonked her on the seat.

“No girls in the change rooms Bernie.” One of the managers said.

“She is Matt Smith’s daughter, she is used to it.” I said.

“Alright then.” He replied and walked off. All the boys came up and greeted me and asked if Tash was okay which was very nice of them.

Tash’s P.O.V

I just sat there inside the club and watched the boys train from outside the window, I felt useless, I hate not being able to move. It sucks. I just remembered something big. It was Harry’s Birthday today. I had his resent ready and organised but I hadn’t sent it yet and I hadn’t even called him. I dialled his number.

“Hello Tashy!” Harry answered the phone.

“Happy Birthday Haz!” I smiled.

“Thanks Tash, you’re the best.” He said.

“I still need to send your present to you but I thought we should wait until we see each other in a month!” I said.

“So is Bernie looking after you? Is everything going okay?” Harry asked.

“Yeah, it turns out I have a broken arm and right now I am wearing a fucking cast. It sucks and I can hardly move Bernie has to carry me everywhere and it is so annoying!” I complained.

“I wish I was the one carrying you!” Harry said seductively.

“Oh shut up Harold.” I giggled and the phone cut out which sucks.

 I plugged my head phones in and started listening to my music. Diamond by Rihanna came on, one of my favourite songs.

Find light in the beautiful sea, I chose to be happy,

You and I, You and I we’re like diamonds in the sky

You’re a shooting star I see, a vision of ecstasy,

When you hold me, I’m alive, we’re like diamonds in the sky

I knew that we’d become one right away, oh right away

At first sight I left the energy of sun rays, I saw the life inside your eyes

So shine bright, tonight you and I, we’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky

Eye to eye, so alive, we’re like diamonds in the sky

Shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond, shining bright like a diamond

We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky.

I hummed along to the song and it was just relaxing. I just watched the boys play until someone came up and sat next to me.

“Hey.” Buddy said as he sat next to me.

“Hey mate how are ya?” I asked.

“Injured and it looks like you are too.” Buddy replied.

“Yeah I got bashed how about you?” I asked.

“Got tackled badly too.” He admitted. “Rihanna has good songs, she’s cool.”

“I never knew you were into music?” I smiled.

“Yeah I like it, listening to some before a game can calm you down and pump you up and stuff, its good.”

“That’s cool, I’m just a music fanatic, interested in it all, all the time no matter what mood.”

“Cool.” Buddy replied “So how are you and that guy going?”

“You mean Harry? Yeah Harry’s good, he is coming down next month for a concert.” I said.

“Oh that’s cool!” Buddy said.

“Yeah I am pretty excited but I don’t want to be looking like this.” I sighed.

“You don’t look bad to be honest, you look hurt but you don’t look ugly which is good so don’t be worried because you look fine.” Buddy reassured me.

“Thanks.” My stomach started to really hurt again. I put my hand on it.

“Let me have a look.” Buddy said. I lifted up my jumper and he had a look at the bruise that covered half my stomach.

“That’s a deep bruise, it’s all yellow and purple and black.”

“Yeah that’s why it hurts so much to move.” I explained.

“Poor thing.” Buddy sighed.

Bernie came back in and it was time to go home, he got changed and we said our goodbyes and went home.

We got home and Bernie put me on the couch.

“Look I need to know, do you know why he hit you?” Bernie asked.

I really didn’t want to tell him but I knew I had to; he had been looking after me and caring for me.

“He leaned in to kiss me and I said no, he tried again and I said I had a boyfriend then he tried again and I tried walking away but he pushed me up against the wall and he punched me in the eye a few times then in the mouth once then he hit my stomach a few times and he was kicking my legs.” I explained “I tried to get away so I punched him and tried to get him off but then you came and pulled me away and yeah.”

He just cuddled me and held me tight but at this time I didn’t want him to hug me and feel sorry for me I just want to lay down and watch TV.

Bernie went and was cooking some dinner. I turned on the TV and started to watch some MTV. What a coincidence One Direction was on. It was showing their time on tour at the moment. It was quite funny it got to a part when the camera was on Harry on the phone and Louis and Zayn came running up to the camera screen.

“Oh Tash, I miss you so much I love you!” Louis mimicked Harry and pretended Zayn was me.

“I love you too Harry and I can’t wait to see you!” Zayn mimicked me and they pretended to kiss each other.

And then Harry walked out into see the other boys and he was smiling like the fricken Cheshire cat which the boys teased him about. And then it went to Harry where the camera was just on him and he was talking to it.

“Yeah Tash and I talk a lot if it’s on the phone or texting or on Skype we make time for each other no matter what time of the day it is, but hearing someone on the phone or seeing someone on Skype isn’t the same as being with them in the flesh. That’s what I find hard. Not being able to see her and be with her and when I’ve had a rough day and I just want to cuddle her but I can’t because she isn’t with me, that’s probably one of the hardest things to deal with because I do love her and I do want to be with her all the time but I cant.”

Then it went to a scene where Harry was texting.

“Harry stop texting Tash, you can do it later.” Niall said in the clip and Harry just continued and put the finger up at him which was quite funny.

I guess watching the MTV show with the boys on there really opened my eyes to how much Harry really cares about me and how everyone knows about it. And the thing is Harry is a bit of a people pleaser he will stop doing something if someone doesn’t like it so when I saw the boys annoyed at Harry texting and calling me and he continued to do it showed me how much he cared about me. His little speech thing was so sweet and so true.

I just continued watching it and it was really good, I really enjoyed it. I missed those 5 boys so much it wasn’t funny, I just wanted to have a good time with them again.

I texted Harry.

Me: I saw the MTV show with you guys on it, you’re so sweet, how’s your Birthday going?

Harry: Thanks Tashy I meant every word, it’s okay actually the boys gave me a cake and some new clothes for my birthday which was cool.

Me: That is so good need to send me some pictures ;)

Harry: I will tonight!

I put down my phone and Bernie bought my dinner down to me, just a nice bowl of ravioli which was nice. It wasn’t gluten or dairy free but I really couldn’t care less tonight. I ate as much as I could and just sat there on the couch. I felt like absolute shit though and I just felt like I was going to throw up every mouth full I ate until I used every ounce of strength I could to get me to the toilet to throw up.  

“Are you feeling okay?” Bernie came into the bathroom came in.

“No, everything hurts and I can’t eat anything my legs hurt from running in here, my stomach hurts from the strain of vomiting and my eye hurts from crying. I am not fucking okay.” I cried.

“Come here.” Bernie said sitting down next to me on the bathroom floor rocking me back and forth; he got his phone out and put over again on by One Direction on because it’s my all-time favourite song.

“Do my Mum and Dad know about what happened?” I asked.

“Yeah I told them, your Mum was just concerned about you but your Dad was really pissed but they can’t do anything about it.”

“Good because the last thing I want to do is go home right now.”

“Do you want me to get you anything?” Bernie asked.

“Just get me my pyjamas and a bucket and get me out of this bathroom, please.” I sighed.

And that’s exactly what he did. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 261 38
Kylie Styles is a 16 year old normal girl. Except for one part. Shes Harry Styles little sister. Kylie is really good friends with all of them band...
3K 68 24
Andy's parents die in car accident. Now Andy and her three siblings have to move from Canada to England to live with their Aunt Lily. Andy is very an...
24.2K 380 36
Laura, 19 year old girl, joins university when she suddenly finds herself falling for a boy named Harry. With a bit of ups and downs in Laura's life...
334K 8.9K 42
Adelaide sings at the hotel she lives in. One day One Direction stays at the same hotel. She becomes good friends with them... especially Liam Payne...