The Transfer (various Harry P...

By Globness

In y/n's fourth year, Madam Maxime agrees for y/n to travel with the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic to Hogwarts... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
Next book
A/n

6

18.6K 513 627
By Globness

"I think it would be fun to go with...well maybe Cedric," I said shyly.
"He is pretty hot," Ginny giggled.
"You two would be kinda cute together," Hermione laughed.
"I don't know...That Slytherin boy Draco Malfoy's kinda hot though," I said.
"Malfoy?!" Ginny said, stopping abruptly in the hallway.
"Hmm...I guess he is. But he's a bit of a git Y/n,"Hermione frowned. (Lol bit of a git rhymes)
"Oh...maybe he's just misunderstood," I said hopefully.

The two girls gave me skeptical looks but didn't argue farther. We walked through the hallway to the Great Hall. Groups of boys strolled through looking around nervously at the clumps of girls who were huddled, whispering about dates. In fact it was quite annoying that everyone seemed to either stand in the middle of the corridor or walk slower than a snail. (People at school do be like that)

Ron's pov

Harry and I stood against the wall and scouted out for possible dates. Of course I knew who I wanted to go with. Normally it might be easy to talk to Y/n, but it seemed like the last think I wanted to do was look into those e/c eyes and ask her. It seemed that I wasn't the only one with that idea. A couple of Slytherins kept trying to tail her, Ginny, and Hermione. Probably trying to get her alone. A few Ravenclaws were eyeing her across the corridor as well. I soon saw her h/c hair come into view. Y/n looked pretty pissed trying to get through all of the people crowding the hallway. Maybe I'll wait for her to be in a better mood to ask. Yeah, that's the excuse I'll use.
"Why do they always have to travel in packs? How are you supposed to get one alone to ask them?" Harry said.
"Blimey Harry, you've slayed dragons! If you can't get a date who can?" I said.
"I think I'd take the dragon right now."
I noticed he was watching a certain h/c haired female. If he's wanting to ask her then I'll just have to beat him to it.

Harry's pov

The last few weeks before the holiday break went by incredibly fast. No one seemed to care about schoolwork now that the ball was almost upon us. More students than ever signed their names to stay at Hogwarts. As for me, I spent my days trying to get Y/n alone to ask her to be my date. She seemed to hang out with Hermione and Ginny more than ever.
Today was one of the last days before the break. Ron and I sat in Potions across from Hermione and Y/n.
"This is mad," Ron said. "At this rate we'll be the only ones in our year without dates."
Snape hit us over the head with a book then walked away.
"Well, us and Neville," Ron reassured.
"But then again he can take himself," I snickered.
"Neville's really nice though," Y/n said with an offended look on her face.
"And it might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone," Hermione said pointedly.
Ron gasped beside me.
"Now I'm really depressed," Ron mumbled.
Fred made sure Snape was looking away and handed Ron a note. He jerked his head toward Y/n. Ron opened the note.

GET A MOVE ON OR ALL THE GOOD ONES WILL HAVE GONE

Ron's head shot up and he stared at Y/n who was bent over her potions book. Ron looked around fearfully, searching for a way around asking Y/n. I silently prayed that he would find someone else. I realized that I've put it off long enough and I will have to ask her today. If I wait any longer, some other bloke will have asked Y/n. Finally Ron turned his gaze onto Hermione. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in.
"Hermione, you're a girl," he said.
"Oh well spotted," Hermione said rolling her eyes. Y/n now looked up from her book and was watching the drama unfold like it was some kind of movie.
"Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl it's just sad," Ron said. This was apparently not the right thing to say, as Y/n's grimace expressed.
"I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone's asked me! And I said yes!" Hermione huffed. She shoved her books in her bag and stormed out. Y/n put her stuff in her bag too. She shook her head in disappointment and left. We watched her walk away and Ron turned to me.
"Look. We've just got to grit our teeth and do it. Tonight when we get back to the common room, we'll both have partners. Agreed?"
"Agreed."

Your pov

I walked through the near empty corridor and tried to find Hermione. I turned the corner but she was no where in sight. I sighed. Ron had said that it was just sad for a girl to be dateless. Weirdly enough, no one had asked me. Just a few boys that either had crap personalities and huge egos. Most boys just acted weird. Even Ron and Harry have been oddly quiet. I snapped out of my thoughts and realized I had taken the wrong staircase.

"Y/n!"
I turned around and saw a familiar Hufflepuff running my way.
"Cedric! What's up?"
"Oh well um...I was wondering if...uh...you would go to the ball with me," he mumbled, blushing bright crimson.
"Oh! Cedric! I would love to!" I grinned.
"Really?! With me?!" He exclaimed in shock.
"Yes with you, stupid. Who else?" I laughed.
"I-I don't know. I thought you were going to go with Harry Potter or something."
"No. No one really asked me," I said.
"Oh! Well, thank you Y/n! I-I'll see you on Christmas!"
He turned and walked away with a huge smile slapped across his face.

I continued to the correct staircase and started to walk up them. I was nearly at the top when I, being the dumbass I am, accidentally tripped over the disappearing stair. I managed to land on my butt and luckily barely anyone was in the hall. I mumbled curse words to my self and began picking up my books. I leaned over to grab my copy of Advanced Potion Making but someone else placed their hand on the book too. I came face to face with the one and only, bit of a git, Draco Malfoy. I suddenly noticed that we were only inches away from each other and my face grew warm.

"Th-thanks," I said, backing up a little. The boy remained silent, eyes wide and cheeks red.
"Uh uhm no problem," he said.
"What's your name? I'm Y/n," I held out my hand. Even though I knew his name from hearing Ron, Harry, and Hermione saying how much they hated him, I didn't want to seem like a creep.
"D-Draco. Draco Malfoy," he said.
"Pleasure to meet you."
"The pleasure is mine," he said. He seemed more confident now and was smirking a bit.
"Wait...aren't you the guy Mad-Eye turned into a ferret?" I asked.
"Oh...yeah,"he said dejectedly.
"It's okay. I thought you were a cute ferret," I laughed. He blushed deeply. "Wait I didn't mean it like that but you're definitely not ugly I just mean like ferrets are cute and I just thought-"
"No I get it," he laughed.
We walked until we got to the Fat Lady, talking and laughing all the way. Draco suddenly got really quite and stared down at the floor.
"Y/n, do you think you could...um...go to the Yule Ball with me?" He said still avoiding my eyes.
"I'm so sorry Draco. I'm already going with someone. I'll be sure to save you a dance though," I said and gave him a quick hug.
"Oh okay. I'll see you around then," he said. He was still very much red in the face.
"I got to go now. I'll see you later!" I said.
"Bye Y/n!"

I entered the common room and saw that Hermione wasn't there either. I took my bag up to the dormitory and saw the brunette aggressively making her bed.
"Hey 'Mione. I know Ron can be insensitive as fuck but you gotta eat dinner." I said.
"I know," she sighed, viciously fluffing her pillows. "I can't wait to show him that his Quidditch idol is my date. Speaking of which, have you got a date yet?"
"Yeah! Cedric just asked me!" I said.
"That's great Y/n! I knew you would be cute together!" She squealed.
"Hermione," I playfully whined and covered my growing blush with my hands. "Now let's go eat. I'm hungry."

Harry's pov

Fred watched at Y/n leave the class and shook his head in disappointment at Ron. Fred scribbled something on a bit of parchment and passed it to Ron.

YOU'VE GOT TO ASK HER MATE

Ron looked at me with his eyes full of fear.
"Harry, I'm not cut out for this. Do you think you could ask her for me? Who were you going to ask anyway?" He rambled.
"Um well actually, I was going to-"
Snape came behind us and shoved our heads down.
"If you two can no longer focus then feel free to leave my class," he scolded.

Once the greasy git walked away, I shoved my stuff in my bag and rushed through the hallways, trying to find Y/n. Most people were not in the hallways yet so I didn't have to dodge many obstacles. I swung around the corner to the staircase. Malfoy was walking down the stairs looking quite frustrated at something. He stopped and his frown turned into a smirk when he saw me.
"Looking for Y/n, Potter?" He sneered.
"Why?" I asked stubbornly.
"Just thought it might interest you to know that she already has a date,"he spat.
"What?! Who?!"
"How should I know," he said. He walked past me being sure to roughly knock into my shoulder.

I sprinted the rest of the way to the common room but Fred and George were the only ones in there. I tried to climb up the stairs to the girls' dorm but they became a ramp before I could go three steps.
"Boys can't go in the girls' dorms," one of the Weasley twins called.
"But why can girls go into the boy's?!" I cried.
The twins shrugged.
"Wait...how did you two know it wouldn't work?" I asked.
They smirked at each other but only said "Y/n went to the Great Hall."
I rolled my eyes at their antics and left the common room. Students were now back in the usual crowds and once again talking about dates. I was now close to the Great Hall so I started to look for the h/c haired girl.

Your pov

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom," I told Hermione. She nodded and I left the table. I began pushed through the gossiping crowds. I made my way to the nearest restroom and started opening the door.
"Y/n!"
Harry was squeezing through a group of Hufflepuffs.
"Y/n! I have to talk to you!"
"Oh hi Harry! What is it?" I asked.
"I heard you got a date. Who?" He demanded rather aggressively.
"Oh. Umm...Cedric. Cedric Diggory," I said.
"Cedric?! You're going with him?!" He yelled. Nearby student were staring at us now.
"Yeah. I mean we aren't dating or anything," I said, trying to end the conversation.
"Ok but still. Cedric?!" He cried.
"Yes Harry. I kinda have to pee now so I'll see you in the Great Hall."
I slipped through the bathroom door before he could yell "Cedric" one more time. I walked to the sink, through my head back,and sighed loudly.
"This is stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid," I mumbled.
I walked into the stall and plopped myself onto the seat. After I was done with mah business, I walked back to the Great Hall. Hermione was still there but there was no sign of Harry or Ron.
"Where did Harry go?" I asked her.
She looked up from her book. "He said he was going to the common room."
"Oh. Ok," I said.
"Did something happen?"
"I don't know. He was kinda mad that Cedric asked me to go with him," I said with a frown.
"It's okay. Who cares about what he thinks. If you want to go with Cedric then go with Cedric. Don't let Harry tell you what to do," Hermione said.
"You're right 'Mione. Thanks!"

Harry's pov

I shoved through the crowd and looked for Ron. I found him walking briskly to the Great Hall.
"Ron!"
"Harry! What is it?"
"Did Y/n say she would go with me?" He asked hopefully.
"That's the thing! She already has a date!"
"What?! Who?!" He yelled.
"It's Cedric!"
"Why would a girl like her go with a brainless bloke like him?!" He screamed.
"Exactly! Who are we going to ask now?!"
"Yeah-wait. You were going to ask her too?!" He yelled. There was a crowd forming around us now. I heard Lavender Brown quietly squeak "I'll go with you Ron!"
"So what?! As long as she isn't with Diggory!"
Ron huffed and grumbled "I suppose you're right. Sorry mate."
I nodded. We grasped each other's hands and did that one armed hug thing. (Lol I don't think that made sense but ok)
We agreed to find a date now since we didn't have much time left. I walked outside in the snow and saw Cho Chang coming my way. She was sniffing and had mascara running down her face from crying.
"Cho, are you okay?" I asked.
"N-no. C-Cedric broke up with me!" She burst into tears.
"Oh um...I'm sorry. Do you want to go to the ball with me?" I asked.
"Sure. Make sure you look good though. Cedric's going to wish he still had me." She said and stormed into the castle with a evil looking grin on her face. I shrugged and walked into the castle to tell Ron what happened.

Your pov

Hermione and I finished eating and got up to leave.
"I think he's talking about you," Hermione giggled, referring to Cedric. I looked over and saw the Hufflepuff staring at me. He winked and his friends burst into a chorus of "ooh"s and whistles. My face was burning at this point and I tried to hide my blush with my hair.

Hermione and I walked to the common room and saw Ginny standing over Ron. He was very pale except for his bright red ears and was slumped over in a chair.

"What happened?" I asked. I rushed over and placed my hand on his forehead to see if he was sick, too worried to notice his growing blush under my touch.
"No," Ginny laughed. "He tried to ask out Fleur."

Harry walked into the common room looking a great deal happier than earlier.
"What happened to you?" He asked Ron.
"He just asked Fleur Delacour out," Ginny said.
"What did she say?" Harry asked.
"No of course," Hermione said, still a little hurt by Ron.
Ron shook his head.
"She said yes?" I asked.
"Don't be silly,"Harry said.
"There she was walking by. You know I like it when they walk," Ron said shakily. I snorted at his statement about walking, though I was now a bit self conscious about my walk.
"I couldn't help it, it just sort of slipped out," Ron continued.
"Actually he sort of screamed at her, it was a bit frightening," Ginny said.
"What did you do then?" Harry asked.
"What else? I ran for it. I still need a date though," Ron said.

Parvati walked past us and I had a spark of an idea.
"Hi Parvati!" I said.
"Hey Y/n!"
"Have you got a date?"
"Nah. Why?"
"Oh you should go to the Ball with Ronald here!" I said resting my arm on Ron's shoulder.
"Why not?" Parvati giggled and skipped to our dorm.

"Thank me later Ron," I told him with a wink and walked into the dorm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.9K 1.4K 18
Harry falls in love with Hermione at Hogwarts instead of Ginny this is set in their fourth year during the Tri-Wizard Tournament. All characters are...
1.1K 38 17
The fourth year Y/N is returning for her fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, along with her friends, Ron, Harry, and Hermione...
111K 3.5K 28
❝Who knew that an ordinary student from another world would join the Wizarding World and come to Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry.❞ Y/N /L...
6.2K 91 24
Y//N transfers to Hogwarts from Ilvermorny after 11 years to find more about her family. She arrives thinking everything is going to go well but she...