Fraternizing with the Enemy (...

By RushCrushLover

In the town of Harrison, Ohio, there were two schools; Harrison High School and Harris Academy. These two sch... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight

Chapter Thirty-Two

5.3K 172 82
By RushCrushLover

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Thirty-Two
Reed Archer
Monday Morning, At School (14th week)

I scowl at the girl who walks up to me. She looks like a nice girl but I was not in the mood to place nice today. I was exhausted. After spending the weekend with Justice, I did not get very much sleep. Did I regret it, though? Fuck no. After he gave me head, we ended up staying in his room while his family mulled around. We talked, watched movies and showered together. I finally snuck out when Justice's parents went to bed at eleven.

However, when I finally got home my parents weren't happy to see me. Dad made me weigh in. I haven't been working out as much as usual. Other than fucking Justice. And that did take a while, he could go for a while. But when it showed I had gained weight, he forced me to work out until two thirty. I texted Justice and naturally he didn't answer. But my body this morning was aching. Fucking Justice was so much easier than working out and I loved working out. It was my happy place. I need to start getting back into it. The ankle isn't going to stop me from everything.

Speaking of which, my appointment to get my cast off so I could walk on my ankle again was today. Our game against Justice wasn't this week, though, it's next week. It's also the night of our homecoming dance. The one in which I hadn't decided whether or not I was going to. If I could go with Justice then the decision to go would be easy, but I couldn't without making it obvious that something was going on with us. We didn't really want to come out during football. The other sports we play aren't as big of a deal as football is in our town. Football was everything.

"Hey, Reed." A sultry voice whispers into my ear. One of my old girlfriends, Caroline.

I scowl harder and glare at her.

"Hm, why are you so mean to me? You know I love you." She goes to kiss me, but I pull away and turn my face.

I ignore her and for once in my life hope that the bell will ring soon. Micah was coming back today though, so that was making it a little better. He'd been at home on bed rest and had been doing online schooling. But I couldn't hold him to actually show up on time, hell I was usually never on time, let alone early. Justice really was rubbing off on me. Ten minutes early is late to him.

"C'mon, how about we hang out together after the game on Friday?" She whispers. "Maybe we could fool around in the back of your car."

I roll my eyes and glare at her harder, still not answering. She huffs and walks away finally when the bell rings. Seven minutes later, Micah walks in, handing Mrs. Hill his late pass. He sits down beside me, eyeing the crutch. When Mrs. Hill starts the lesson, he leans closer to whisper.

"What's up with the crutch? Ankle finally blow?" He jokes, wincing in pain.

"Yeah, fucked it up at camp. Wasn't fun." I whisper but quickly pause before continuing when Mrs. Hill sends a sharp glare over to us. "I have a doctor's appointment tonight. I should be getting the cast off and I should be able to walk on it."

"So you'll be in for the game against the Academy?" He asks, looking worried.

"As long as everything goes as planned tonight, yeah. I probably won't play this Friday." I scowl.

"Be happy you can play at all." He jabs.

I give him a pitying gaze. "Sucks, man."

"Yeah, it's bull shit is what it is. Complications during surgery or some shit like that."

"Mr. Archer, Mr. West, is there something you'd like to share with the class?" Mrs. Hill sneers.

"No, ma'am. I missed the first couple of weeks of school so I was just asking Reed about what we were learning. Sorry if me trying to catch up was a disturbance to you." Micah answers innocently.

"No of course not." She sputters then resumes teaching.

The rest of the day was long. All I wanted was  to get this cast off and start walking. I needed it. I needed to play. I needed to play next week. We would lose if I didn't play. The boys were shit without me.

When the day finally ended, I made the ten minute drive to the doctors office. I pulled in and parked in the closest spot I could. I walk inside and give the receptionist my name then I go and sit down. My phone buzzes in my pocket. It was either Justice or Micah, since those were the only two I texted and my parents never texted me anything other than to tell me I was watching my sister. But she was at a sleepover. I pull out my phone. I had a message from Micah. Not exactly the one I wanted to talk to but I would. He was at practice where I was heading after this.

Gone in yet? It read.

Nope just got here. It's pretty empty though so I should get in soon.

Good

Coach wants you back ASAP.

Team meeting.

Fuck ok. I'll be there as soon as I can.

I sigh and lean my head back against the wall. Team meetings were never a good thing. They meant he was mad. Real mad. My phone buzzes again.

Hey babe

I chuckle.

Hi, J

What's up?

Two things

One, I found a nickname. Imma call you babe

Two, good luck today. Idk if you've seen the doc yet but either way good luck

Two things

One, I call you babe. Pick something else.

Two, I haven't seen the doc yet.

Two point five, I wish you were here with me.

Haha way to muck me.You have so many nicknames for me. I'm staking claim on babe.

I wish I was with you too. Instead I have to go to practice.

Hey don't complain. I wish I could practice. I'm dying to put on my cleats and work out my aggression.

You can work out your aggression on me. ;)

Mm gladly ;)

What are you doing tonight?

Nothing after practice. Why?

FaceTime?

Like talking?

That or something else. ;)

"Reed Archer?" I look up at the nurse and send one final text to Justice while standing up.

Gotta go J, I'll text you after I find out. See you tonight.

With that final text sent, I pocket my phone and follow the nurse into a room.

"Doctor will be in shortly." She says and leaves.

My doctor was male. Dr. Gregory. He was a middle aged guy and didn't seem to like me much. Probably because when I finally go in to see him, I have a whole list of items wrong with me. And I usually never came back for follow ups.  This time, however, I needed to come back and this was the only issue I was aware of.

Dr. Gregory walks into the room and walks over to his computer. He doesn't say a word as he puts on hand sanitizer and logs in.

"Ah, removing the cast. Right." He mutters to himself. "Alright, Mr. Archer, are you ready?"

"More than." I grumble.

The whole process doesn't take long as he removes the cast.

"It's a little swollen but you should be clear to play in the game next week. I would suggest sitting out this game. However if at any point you're in any kind of pain while you're walking or playing I want you to come out of the game and start using the crutches again. Do RICE: rest, ice, compression and elevate until swelling goes down. I don't want you practicing until the swelling is all gone. Which means that if the swelling isn't down in time for the game next week, I don't want you playing." He says sternly. I roll my eyes.

"Can I have my doctor's note now?" I scowl.

"Of course. Give me a second to print and grab it." He leaves the room and I sit back into my chair. I tap my foot and wait for him to return. He does so a couple of minutes later. "Here you go."

"Thanks." I take it and head towards checkout. I quickly leave and hop into my car.

I make the ten minute drive back to school and head out to the fields. It felt good being able to walk. It hurt a little bit but that wasn't going to stop me. When I got closer to the field, I could feel something in the air. Something was wrong. Upon arriving at the field where the team was, I made eye contact with Justice. The scowl in my face drops for a split second but I harden it onto my face.

"Archer, nice of you to join us." Coach calls, all heads turn in my direction.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 794 50
Annabeth Reed had simple goals in her life, graduate at the top of her class, get a nice boyfriend and mostly win the scholarship to her dream art sc...
3.3M 98.7K 66
"You're so fucking annoying." Jake just shook his head at me. "And you're a self centered uptight dickhead." I glared at him. Jake laughed lightly...
616 22 22
"All week, you've been on my mind, and I can't make it go away. Finally, after suffering in silence for so long at the thought of your lips, your lau...
17.9K 554 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...