STEAM & SMOKE | 18+

By Nyx_ssa

[18+ only, Mature Content] "Stop looking for a fight, angel, before I handcuff you to this bed and leave you... More

CHAPTER | 1 |
CHAPTER | 2 |
CHAPTER | 3 |
CHAPTER | 4 |
CHAPTER | 5 |
CHAPTER | 6 |
CHAPTER | 7 |
CHAPTER | 8 |
CHAPTER | 9 |
CHAPTER | 10 |
CHAPTER | 11 |
CHAPTER | 12 |
CHAPTER | 13 |
CHAPTER | 14 |
CHAPTER | 15 |
CHAPTER | 16 |
CHAPTER | 17 |
CHAPTER | 18 |
CHAPTER | 19 |
CHAPTER | 20 |
CHAPTER | 21 |
CHAPTER | 22 |
CHAPTER | 23 |
CHAPTER | 24 |
CHAPTER | 25 |
CHAPTER | 26 |
CHAPTER | 27 |
CHAPTER | 29 |
CHAPTER | 30 |
Nyx Notice 2021
CHAPTER | 31 |
CHAPTER |32|
CHAPTER |33|

CHAPTER | 28 |

89.8K 2.1K 413
By Nyx_ssa

HIS EYES RAKED across my body, inspecting my outfit and seemed to a conclusion as his grin deepened. I turned in my seat doing my own inspection. The gold rings on his fingers showed off his wealth, his hair gelled to perfection, suit custom-made to his body - he was definitely De Vil. He placed a hand on my thigh, a bold move but for him, this was normal.

"You're not Italian." A statement.

"No."

He stared at me before taking a sip of his drink then speaking. "Why is a gorgeous woman like yourself alone?"

"My date ditched me," I shrugged lightly. "He chose business over me. Imagine that."

The outrage in my voice made him nod, a plan forming in his head to get me alone now that I was on the market. "His loss is another man's treasure." His thumb rubbed the skin of my thigh suggestively and I did everything in my power not to move away from him. "A woman should be looked after properly."

"Are you able to do that?"

The unpredictable glint in his eyes behind the mask told me that the ideas he had weren't family friendly. "That and more. I didn't introduce myself. Quince De Vil."

I took his hand which he lifted to press a kiss on my knuckles. "Nice to meet you, De Vil."

"Likewise."

I was starting to understand why he was dangerous. The arrogance was off putting but what lurked under was concerning. He wanted possession, the way he looked at me wasn't desire, it was more of a need to own me like a new shiny toy. De Vil wanted submission and the excitement in his eyes creeped me out.

"What brings you here?" I asked curiously.

His hand was slowly inching up my leg as we spoke. "I'm laying low for a while," he laughed like it was an inside joke. "Too much going on at home."

"Family?"

"You could say that." He pointed to the drink on the table. "Drink up."

I lifted it to my lips without breaking eye contact with him, unable to refuse. It tasted strange so I had no doubt it was spiked and put the glass down without finishing it. Considering the amount I drank, I guessed I had thirty minutes before it would take effect. "What time is it?"

"Almost eleven. Why?"

Leaning forward, I ran my hand down his chest then whispered. "I've had enough of this party so why don't we leave and have our own fun?"

That was the correct answer as he pulled me up so I was standing. "Lead the way, Milan."

Ghost unsurprisingly knew the layout of the room before we arrived, telling me to 'leave through the door near the bar'. We made our way down the long corridor, his hand loan on my back and I could feel his excitement that soon was going to end. He pushed me against the wall, apparently too eager to wait and started kissing my neck. For f*ck sake. I placed my hands on his shoulder to make it seem like I was enjoying it when the lights flicked out.

"What's going on? Wait-"

I felt De Vil get ripped away from me and a torch illuminated Grey's bored face. "Time to go."

In silence, we walked with Grey holding up an unconscious De Vil until we found Ace holding open a door. It was an emergency exit I realized as I removed my mask and wiped my neck, still traumatized by the attack. The van as promised was parked amongst some trees beside a building that looked like housing for the staff. The two men tied De Vil's wrists and ankles then threw him in the van after removing everything from his pockets and dumping them on the floor.

"We need to go to the port," Ace said, glancing down at his watch. "We have an hour."

"Where's Ghost?" I questioned, glancing around.

"He's sorting something out. Get into the van," Grey ordered and stepped towards me, reaching for me arm.

I moved out of his reach, narrowing my eyes. The drug was in my system and I knew it was a matter of time before I wasn't in control of my body. There was no way I was going to stay alone with Santan's men. Everything was too easy and I had no clue what Ghost wanted from the FBI. "I'm going to look for him."

"Come with us," Grey almost growled. "We don't have time for this bullsh*t."

"No."

"F*ck her," Ace decided. "Ghost will kill us if we don't deliver De Vil. This b*tch can do what she likes."

They entered the vehicle and left. A part of me regretted not going with them but I had no choice. I removed my heels and jogged behind the mansion to a huge field of flowers, bushes and statues, surrounded by towering trees of a forest. "If I were Ghost where would I be?" I muttered looking around. The music floating from the party became almost menacing as I knew time was running out. He knew agents were coming to the party, them not knowing De Vil was gone so what did he-

"Sh*t."

He used my phone to hack into their data base but he destroyed it. That meant no more information. He needed something else to help him and those agents would come ready with gadgets specifically made by the FBI. And he let me bring them here. That's when I heard the faint sound of an engine across the field. Panic caused me to start running, ignoring the feeling of the stones and rocks cutting into my skin. I kept moving, noticing that there was a road between the trees and Ghost stood there in the middle, a gun pointing towards the car speeding towards him.

"Stop!" I yelled but the sound of the gunshot was louder.

The vehicle swerved and crashed into a tree. Glass smashed and screams filled the air. I couldn't move in shock as I watched Ghost lower his arm, smirking. He walked over to the car and opened a door, pulling out a passenger who slumped against the ground. I gasped seeing Harry's face as Ghost reached into his pocket and took his phone. Harry groaned, blood dripping from his face as he looked up.

"Ghost?"

"Hello," the assassin replied calmly, still typing on the stolen phone.

"Where's Malia?"

"Safe."

Ghost removed his suit jacket and rolled up his sleeves, his tattoos on show. He threw the phone into the bushes and picked up an gasoline can, pouring it around the vehicle and on the agents in the car. I hurried towards the road and grabbed his arm before he could throw the lighter.

"Stop," I begged weakly as he shrugged me off before realizing who I was.

"Angel?" Restrained fury swirled in his eyes. "What the f*ck are you doing here?"

My vision was blurring. "De Vil drugged me," I answered. I glanced at Harry. "Don't kill them, please. Please."

"I have no choice."

Flames erupted from the gasoline as soon as the lighter touched it. "F*ck you," I swore at Ghost and turned to the car. I grabbed Harry's arms and dragged him away from the fire. My muscles were becoming numb but I couldn't let them die.

"The car is going to explode," Ghost snapped, trying to stop me. "You can't save all of them."

"I'll try," I said before going back. The heat was sickening and the smell of smoke filled my lungs as I grabbed the next person in the back of the car. I sighed in relief as I removed her from the car and placed her beside Harry. Ghost grabbed my arm as I moved to go again.

"Angel, stop. It's enough."

"No."

"F*ck, angel. You're not going to risk your life for this," he seethed. The drug was working now as his touch on my arm aroused me to the point that I was distracted and he caught on. "I'm going to f*cking kill De Vil."

"Help them," I begged, my actions speaking otherwise as I pressed myself against him.

Ghost was furious now. "Stay here."

I fell to my knees, dizziness making me nauseous. I wanted to cry in frustration. I crawled over to the female agent I managed to save and called the ambulance on her phone.

"Pronto?"

"Hello, I need help. There's a car crash."

"Resti in linea," the voice responded.

"I need help. People are dying. There's four passengers and the car's on fire."

"Un attimo."

The phone was ripped away from my ear as Ghost placed another body beside me. He placed a finger to his lips, indicating that I should be quiet and picked me up. "The other man is dead," he muttered in my ear. "We need to leave before the police gets here."

Nodding, I clung onto him but my stomach lurched and I went to the side of the road, emptying my insides. He patted my back, swearing under his breath.

"All you do is cause f*cking problems, angel."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.7K 1.3K 23
COMPLETE Selfless Erica helps out a friend one night and end up in a shootout, she is then faced with a decision to help the guys who almost got her...
237K 6.8K 40
~They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you~ "Whose gonna suspect the little nerd in the back, no one can even think of y...
37.7M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...
74.5K 2.9K 82
He straightens his posture, his tone is even, voice calm and his eyes soften. "If," he raises a finger at me, slows his speech slightly and enunciate...