What Future Lies Ahead (Love...

Galing kay HexagonCube

Years after µ's had disbanded, everyone went about their own lives, doing what they always wanted to do...or... Higit pa

Soundtrack
1: Friends Stay Together Forever
2: Thinking The Impossible
3: Probably Not
4: Convicning Is The Hard Part
5: Reunions
6: The Search For RinPana
7: The Woman Who Braved Through The Storm
8: The One That Never Left
9: Facing Problems
10: Feelings That Won't Fade
11: A Change Of Mind
12: Way To Her Heart
13: My True Emotions
14: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
15: Betrayal and Despair
17: Reconciliation
18: Closer Than Before
19: First Song In Years
20: Party Nights
21: Overflowing Emotions
22: Friends Help Each Other!
23: It's The Effort That Counts
24: A New Enemy Appears!
25: Wrong Time, Wrong Place
26: Anemone Heart
27: Past and Present
28: I Want To Protect You!
29: Bonding Time
30: A Bad News Up Ahead
31: Beginning Of An End
A Christmas Special
Author's Note
Chapter 28 (Alternate Version)

16: Bottom Of My Heart

27 6 0
Galing kay HexagonCube

Hiroshi carried a drenched and asleep Honoka into her house. Yukiho and her parents rushed out and looked at her worriedly.

"Thank goodness she returned home safely." Her mother muttered before looking at Hiroshi, "I can't thank you enough, Hiroshi-chan. Thank you so much for bringing my daughter home in one piece. We were so worried sick for her. We actually thought something happened to her."

"She needs some emotional support." Hiroshi told them, "Her boyfriend cheated on her, and right now, she's feeling really shitty. The girls in µ's will cheer her up, but I do hope you guys could show some concern too. She really needs it during this period of time."

"Understood." Yukiho replied, "Where's Umi-chan, though? I thought she was the one who went to find my sister."

"I'm sending her home soon." Hiroshi responded, "She's in my car now. If there's nothing else, I'll see you guys soon." He then went back into his car and went off.

He drove to Umi's house and carried her into her room. He placed her down on his bed and let his body fall onto the floor. He is certainly exhausted from piggybacking her. She is indeed quite heavy, and he hasn't work out in years ever since he became The Man.

He looked at her. She is equally as drenched as Honoka. When Umi and Honoka didn't return, he asked Kotori where they might be at. She told him that Umi was finding Honoka at a specific nightclub. He drove there, just to see Umi fainting in front of him when she tried to stand up. He rushed out and brought the two of them in the car one by one. He saw that Umi had cracked lips and shrivelled fingers, which meant she was she didn't drink enough water.

He looked around for a towel, which he managed to find it on a chair in her room. He dried her hair, hands, and legs with it before putting it back. He switched the fan on and blew it towards her.

He went to the kitchen and poured water into a glass. He took it to Umi and poured the water in her mouth. He then pushed her body up gently and tilting her throat upwards lightly, allowing the water to go down her throat naturally. He slowly laid her body on the bed and covered her body with her blanket.

He dragged his feet to the living room and sat on the sofa. By now, he is already dead tired. He could go back home right now, but he has a few reasons he don't want to. If he were to drive now, he might get into an accident, considering that he might doze off while driving. Besides, he wouldn't be able to sleep at his own home.

He lied on the sofa, closed his eyes, and slept. He took a few minutes adjusting himself to it, but once he is comfortable, he fell asleep immediately. This time, he didn't dream of any bad things. He slept so peacefully throughout the night.

The next morning, Umi woke up with the sun shining right at her face. She yawned and looked around. She is in her room, which surprised her. She remembered she was in the rain for hours, hugging a crying Honoka. She also recalled that when she tried to stand up, she fainted due to dehydration.

She got out of bed and went to the living room, where she saw Hiroshi sleeping soundly on the sofa. She smiled at him, knowing that he took care of her last night. She is very thankful for it. She wore her jogging attire, and then went out of the house.

--µ's--

An hour later, Hiroshi got up and stretched his arms and legs. He's finally relieved he got a full night's sleep without any nightmares. His neck is pain and his legs feel a bit sore, but he'd rather have that than to be reminded of the past in his dreams.

He went to the kitchen, took out a cup, and poured some water in it. As he is drinking in, Umi came back from her jog. She held a plastic bag and skipped to him, "Good morning, Hiroshi-san."

"Good morning, Umi-chan." He greeted back, "You bought breakfast for me? You're too kind. How much is it?"

"Don't pay me, Hiroshi-san. I'll feel bad if you do." Umi grinned, "You took care of me and Honoka last night, after all. Come on, let's sit at the dining table and talk." He nodded his head and followed her to the living room. They sat at the table and she passed him two medium-sized red beam buns.

"Thank you for taking care of me last night, Hiroshi-san." Umi then sighed, "And I'm sorry for yesterday too. I know I was harsh to you. Saying those words are unacceptable..."

"It's okay, Umi." Hiroshi interrupted her, "I understand how you feel. Honoka's your best friend, and you would do anything for her. I should've kept the video and not show it to Honoka."

"It's not your fault." Umi fidgeted with her cup, "Neither me or Kotori told you or Yosuke-san anything about that bastard. Let me bring you out as an apology. I can introduce you to a cafe and I can bring you to a place or two. It'll be a break from your search."

"Oh, you don't need to do anything." He replied, "As long as you forgive me, I'm contented already. I wouldn't want any of µ's to hate me."

"I insist, Hiroshi-chan." Umi pleaded, "I want to show that I'm sincere in my apologies. I'll pay for everything. Besides, I would love to get to know you better as a friend."

"Umi..."

"Please, Hiroshi-san. I'll not forgive you until you agree to it."

Hiroshi looked at her with a surprised look, before giving in to her, "Alright. Since you want it so badly, I'll agree to it. I got two conditions though. One, we're paying our own shares. I don't want you to pay for everything, because we are going out together. Two, we'll only have it once I'm done reforming µ's. Deal or no deal?" Umi beamed with pleasure and nodded her head. Hiroshi smiled at her gleefully.

In the hospital, Yosuke is texting his mother the directions to his ward. She had decided to visit him and wants to give him some tonic soup to drink. He initially rejected the idea, stating that it will be troublesome for her. However, she retorted that she'll have no problem doing so because she loves him. At that point, he couldn't bear to say no anymore.

Maki then walked in and went to him, "How are you feeling today, Mr Lee?"

"I'm okay today, thanks for asking. Maki-chan, I hope you can reconsider..."

"No." Maki just cut him off, "If you're asking me the same thing as yesterday, my answer is no different. I'm not joining µ's. Please stop trying to talk to me about it."

"Maki-chan, please. We just need you as the last member of µ's. I know you like being an idol, singing and dancing in front of your fans. You said that in your interviews, didn't you? Many fans of µ's wanted you girls to reform, including me!"

"Look, Mr Lee." Maki said, "I came here to check up on you, not to join anything. My future is in medicine, not idols. You see, Mr Lee, in this world, you can't just do whatever thing you want just because you want to do it. You have to do something that will benefit you in your life. Something that will make you have a stable income. This world is a harsh reality, and we all have to step up and face it."

"You're exactly like Nico-chan." Yosuke commented, "Is it so hard for both of you to admit you still want to be an idol? Why are you girls acting like your dreams can't save you in one bit? You haven't even tried it, and yet you are already raising the white flag. Just because you're a doctor, that doesn't mean your life is complete. You're being forced to do this damn doctor job. Damn tsunderes." As soon as he said the last sentence, he immediately regretted it. He looked up and saw a triggered Maki with her fists clenched. She stormed to him and glared at him.

"Don't act like you know me." She growled, "You don't. You're just an outsider who thinks you knows everything because you are a fan." Yosuke gulped in fear.

She then cooled down and stepped away from him, "I have my doctor duties to do. I'll be going off first. Have a good rest." She straightened her coat and walked out of the ward. Yosuke sighed. He still hasn't figure out a way to convince Maki at all.

He then received a call from Hiroshi. He answered it, "Hey, Hiroshi."

"How's life in the hospital? Is it great?" Hiroshi teased him.

"It's okay, but it would be awesome if Maki-chan just agrees to join µ's. No matter how I try to talk to her, she just doesn't give in. She's giving me Nico-chan vibes."

Hiroshi laughed as Yosuke turned annoyed, "I mean, for real. I don't get it why Maki-chan just doesn't want to admit that she wants to be an idol. Every girl in µ's enjoy being an idol, and it's stated in like almost every interview, so why..."

"Relax, Yosuke." Hiroshi replied, "Maki-chan is considered easy to get. You just need to bring someone to her to make her come to her senses and admit it."

"Who might it be? Would it be The Man himself?"

"Haha, I don't need to come. I'm not the one who's closest to her. I'll fill in the details later. Right now, I'm about to go out with Umi to Honoka's house to check up on her. I'm driving soon, so I'mma hang up. Talk to you later." He then ended the call.

At that moment, a woman in her seventies came into the ward, carrying a small container of soup. Yosuke is so happy to see her, "Ma!"

"My dear son!" She went over to him and hugged him, "I was so worried about you I couldn't sleep yesterday night. Are you okay now? Are you feeling better?"

"Yes, Ma. Whenever you're around, my pain goes away."

"So corny. Anyway, I brought you soup. I hope you enjoy it."

"I will always enjoy it." Yosuke opened the container and drank the soup with a spoon. Though it tastes weird sometimes, he knows his mother cooks it with effort and her heart. Thus, he tries his best to finish it, even if it's not nice to drink.

In Honoka's house, Hiroshi and the girls of µ's are talking to her, trying to cheer her up by talking about idols. It did lighten the mood for a while, but Honoka went back to being quiet after a few minutes. Eli suggested that they go for a picnic at the park to relieve some stress off their chests. Everyone agreed, and pleaded Honoka to join. She agreed reluctantly.

She went into her room as her friends started to prepare food for the picnic. Eli decided to bake a chocolate cake with Kotori's and Umi's help while Nozomi went down to the supermarket with Hanayo, Rin, and Nico. She sat down on her bed and sighed. She stared at the sky, unsure of her feelings now. She then heard someone knocking on her room's door. She turned to the doorstep and saw Hiroshi. She allowed him go come in.

"You okay, Honoka?" He questioned, "You don't seem happy when your friends want to go on a picnic with you."

"I'm fine, but I just need some rest." She replied, "The incident that happened yesterday is still etched in my mind. Anyways, are you not helping Umi-chan and the rest?"

"I can't cook at all." He said, "Honoka, I just want to say I'm sorry. I know I caused your relationship to fall apart. If I hadn't showed you that video..."

"No, you helped me, Hiroshi-san." Honoka turned to face him, "You allowed me to see the type of person he is. You showed his true colors. I'm very grateful for the support and love you and the girls are showering on me. I really appreciate it."

"Take your time to recover from it." He smiled at her, "Next time, I hope you could confide in me. Share your woes with me. I'm your manager for a reason, you know. I should care about the well being of each and every one of the girls, including you."

Honoka suddenly teared up and hugged him, "The truth is, I'm still devastated. I loved my boyfriend with all my heart and he loves another woman all this time behind my back. How could my boyfriend of three years just dump me like that? What did I do wrong to receive such a payback?" She then cried uncontrollably. Hiroshi patted her head and ruffled her hair, "Cry it all out, Honoka. Don't keep it inside you."

Umi went to Honoka's room as she wanted to see how Honoka is doing, but she saw Hiroshi hugging her instead. She slowly backs away, and hid behind the wall. She felt something she had never felt in her life before.

A tinge of jealousy.

How? Why? When? She honestly didn't know why she felt this way. They're just friends. She hit her head with her hand and guessed that it is just her imagination, and that she thought too much.

In the supermarket, Hanayo is searching for rice to buy while Nico and Rin went to find ingredients for the former's fried rice. Nozomi proceeded to the poultry section.

Hanayo looked around and saw the last packet of rice on the top shelf. She groaned and tried to reach for it with her hands but couldn't as she is too short. She tiptoed and slowly raised her hands. As she is about to take the packet, she lost her balance. She fell to her left, only to be caught by Alan. She looked up at him.

"Are you okay, miss..." He seems a bit surprised by it too, "No way...I am seeing things, am I..."

Hanayo immediately stood up and bowed down, "T...thank you for catching me, mister."

"You must be Hanayo Koizumi-chan from µ's!" Alan exclaimed, "Oh my god! I'm such a big fan of µ's! I can't believe I actually met you here! You sing and dance really well, Hanayo-chan. Your solo song Nawatobi is really great to hear. I like the emotions and feelings you had placed in this song. It really goves me the feels."

"Oh, t...thank you." Hanayo blushed, "I did not expect that kind of compliment." Alan took the packet of rice and gave it to her, "I saw you're trying to take this. Here you go. And your wallet. It dropped when I caught you." He then handed her the wallet.

"Thank you so much." Hanayo said, "What do I call you?"

"Alan-chan will do." He responded.

"I will get going." Hanayo smiled at him, "It is nice meeting you, Alan-chan. I hope our paths can cross again. I do hope you'll continue to enjoy my music too! I'll see you soon." She then scurried away, carrying that heavy packet of rice. Alan smirked as he looked at Hanayo's identification card.

"We surely will meet again, Hanayo-chan." He thought.

During the picnic, the girls and Hiroshi talked about their lives and even cracked some jokes. They discussed about idols, and sone even flew some kites too while the rest sat and watched as they ate the delicious food prepared. While Honoka still did not feel very happy, her mood did improve, and she did felt better. She is thankful to have her idol mates to support her.

Hiroshi is staring at the sky when Kotori went to him and sat beside him, "Thinking about something, Hiroshi-san?" He looked at her and shook his head, "Nothing, Kotori. Are you worried about me?"

"Kind of." She replied, "You know, you are always the quiet one to most of us, sitting at one side and thinking about something. You frequently look sad too. I know you might not want to reveal what you're sorrowful over, so I will respect your decision. However, if you need any help, or a listening ear, I'm here. After all, you helped µ's reform. You helped us achieve our dreams, so I do really want to help you, Hiroshi-san."

"Thanks for the concern, Kotori." He said, "I'm really fine. You don't have to worry about me."

"You know, Hiroshi-san, it's not good to bottle up your feelings." Kotori looked at him worriedly, "I did it once, when I was trying to hide my unhappiness about going overseas to study fashion during high school. It certainly didn't felt good. It was horrible, and it made the people around me sad too. Once you let out your feelings, you'll feel way better. Trust me. Look at me. It made me a cheerful girl."

"Alright, Kotori. You win." He laughed a bit before sighing, "I'm just thinking about the past. I went through a big depressing event, and I'm constantly thinking about it. It makes me feel like dying." To his surprise, Kotori hugged him.

"I know I can't help you much now, but I know a hug can cheer someone up." She smiled at him, "So I gave you a hug to make you feel better!" He looked at her face as his heart is beating rapidly. He smiled back at her, "Thank you, Kotori. You've indeed made me feel better now."

"Yay!" She beamed with joy, "I hope you won't keep it all to yourself, Hiroshi-san. I hope you'd tell me or anyone in µ's about your problem. You helped us all, so it's time for us to help you." Hiroshi nodded his head and said his thanks before she went off to Umi and Honoka.

"Not only is she cute and pretty, but she's caring and kind too." He thought to himself, "She's now my favorite girl in µ's."

At night, Hiroshi returned to his home. It was a long outing, but he had lots of fun. He went to take a shower and plopped right on his bed. He is dead tired, and hopes he could get at least a few hours of sleep. He knew the past is about to haunt him again. He had reported Akiyoshi to the police earlier about their nuisance, and he prayed they are going to be quiet from now onwards.

He remembered what happened in the afternoon, and he is still happy about it up 'til now. Not many things can make him happy ever since that accident happened, though. The fact that he's happy over Kotori hugging him means...

He ignored it. He switched the lights off and slept. After what felt like a while, the nightmare appeared. He opened his eyes and got up immediately. He certainly remembered it again. He took a look at the clock and saw that it was two in the morning.

He rubbed his eyes and went to the rooms with instrumentals. He started playing 'Aishiteru Banzai' on piano while singing the lyrics softly. When he finished the song, he fell asleep right away.

Hiroshi looked at the car that knocked the man down in front of his house. Hiroshi slowly advanced towards the victim and the woman, who is frantically shaking his body.

"You can't die on me, please." The woman cried, "The ambulance is arriving soon. Hang in there, pretty please. Don't stop breathing. You still are so young, and we got so much to do."

As soon as Hiroshi stopped in front of the man, his hands trembled so much. He looked at the man, unsure of what he's supposed to feel at that moment.

That man...

...is

...

Hiroshi got up from the piano and looked around. It is daylight now. He is surely relieved to have slept throughout the night. He can't stop thinking about that accident though. Was it really an accident?

In the hospital, Maki walked into Yosuke's ward, where he is preparing to pack up and leave. He turned towards her and bowed down, "I'm sorry for what I have said yesterday, Maki-chan. I know I have disrespected and offended you, and I know I'm in the wrong. Thus, I hope you can accept my apologies."

"I was at fault too." Maki said, "I was being rude too. I didn't consider my choices of words properly. I hope you had a nice stay in the hospital. You can pay your bills at the counter on the first floor. I'll see you next time."

"Wait, Maki-chan." Yosuke sighed, "Although I might be showing a lack of respect here, my motive is still the same. I hope you can join µ's."

"You never give up, don't you?" screamed Maki, who is furious at this point, "When will you ever stop asking me that? Is that all you could ask from a normal human like me?!"

"You're meant to be an idol, not a doctor." Yosuke retorted, "You have a good voice. You can play the piano well. You can come up with touching lyrics. You like dancing and singing with µ's, especially Nico-chan. Remember when her idol group failed? You were there by her side, promising to be idols with her. You were unable to fulfill that wish because your parents had taken you away. Now when there's a chance, you're just going to throw that away?!"

Maki was taken aback by what he said. Nevertheless, she regained her composure, "Speak no more. I'm done talking to you." She then opened the door and is surprised to find Nico outside the ward. They both stared at each other.

"If I can't convince you, then she will do the job." Yosuke thought.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

44.7K 1.9K 51
Gangsters x Normies Soldier game trio as Gangters Others as Normies What's the worst thing that could happen? (I changed my mind) Eli ayase-Richkid...
1K 263 50
If you're given a chance to live once more, will you take it? Even if... it comes at a cost? A dying woman reminisces on her short life and comes to...
2.4K 109 25
μ's seems to be having a normal life. Nothing looked out of the ordinary. Everyone seems happy. But, that isn't the case, at least not for one member...
311K 4.7K 45
"Y/N is anti-social eccentric intellectual going through loneliness and depression and is currently searching his purpose until it all changes when o...