love letter || j.jk x reader

By hoblivious

Falling for college's hearthrob Hoseok, you decide to write him a love letter. However, the plan goes wrong w... More

part one
01 | Dear Hoseok, I love you
02 | messy hair and unbuttoned shirt
03 | Hoseok is standing right in front of you
04 | You know I know
05 | I love helping people anyway
06 | her big heart had enough room for more boys
07 | He had her at hello anywa
08 | You're a friend of Y/n, right?
09 | "Don't tell me you fell for me?"
10 | She still couldn't believe how similar they were
11 | Could you get any cooler?
12 | Creepy, yes, but still cute
13 | He's one of the kindest person ever
15 | getting to know each other
16 | So you know how I feel
part two
17 | she found love already
18 | does he remember me?
19 | pure joy and euphoria
20 | how much I missed him
21 | crying over a man
22 | perhaps it was time to confess
23 | I wanted it to last forever
24 | I wish you could see yourself through my eyes right now
25 | your screams told me otherwise
26 | "We're in love"
27 | "Let's do it"
28 | the warmth of Jungkook's house
29 | Guilt and regrets
30 | she loved Jungkook
epilogue - love letter

14 | forget about the stupid boy

2.4K 149 6
By hoblivious

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋

Ever since her disastrous date with the boy she couldn't stop thinking about, Hana was more withdrawn than usual, even with her closest friends. For the first time in her life, she was experiencing heartbreak, and the worst part was that Jungkook played her. She felt stupid for believing she could stand a chance after he had expressly told her he didn't have feelings for her on the day she confessed.

Sitting in her dorm room, she refused to leave the place. She had already missed three lessons that day, much to her friends' surprise. Because they were worried, they had decided to pay her a visit in the afternoon.

"I want to be alone," Hana announced when she opened the door, facing her three friends.

Before she could close the door, Sun sneaked her arm inside, blocking it. "Talk to us. What's going on?"

Aware that her friend's pressuring method wouldn't work, Jihyo quickly intervened. "We are worried... You've been ditching classes for three days. Did something happen?"

Jihyo spoke with a comforting tone. She had a calm and pleasant voice, which would usually lead people to talk to her. However, Hana was being awfully stubborn and refused to open up.

Y/n—who remained silent the whole time—wondered if something had happened with Jungkook. Yet she knew better than to question Hana regarding this matter in front of the girls.

"Listen, I really don't want to see anyone. It's nothing personal, but I need space," the young woman sighed, feeling guilty for being so hard on her friends. "I'll call when I feel better, okay?"

Jihyo nodded. "Promise?"

Hana nodded back, allowing herself to smile a little.

"Pinky promise?" Sun added.

"Don't push it," the sad girl rolled her eyes.

Sun smirked, folding her arms. "I like you better when you bark."

Y/n chuckled. "Whatever. Just take care, alright? We're only one call away if you need us!"

In the end, the three girls left. Hana felt a little better, more than she would admit. Her friends were truly supportive and caring; she was lucky to have them. On that positive note, she threw herself on the comfortable bed, eager to take a nap and forget about the stupid boy.

~ ♡ ~

Hoseok felt bad, eaten by remorse as memories of the boat ride date kept haunting him. It was true he never really liked Jungkook, mostly because of his lack of interest when it came to studies. Because Taehyung trusted him blindly, Hoseok feared he'd lose focus and laze around, just like the wannabe cartoonist. It had already happened once, and reasoning with Taehyung was a terrible ordeal. He didn't want this to repeat because he cared deeply for his best friend.

Ever since Y/n took his defense, he disliked the guy even more. Jealousy got the best of him, yet the harm was done. He had so many questions regarding the bond they shared. Were they close? How come he didn't notice? The only person who could enlighten him was Taehyung; yet Hoseok would be too ashamed to explain where the sudden doubts came from. He refused to hurt his friend, so he decided to turn to someone else. Less trustworthy, but close enough to Y/n to know the answers he desperately sought.

Thus, he waited for the right occasion to accost them.

It was six thirty when Jihyo headed back to the dorm. Exhausted and excessively stressed over the upcoming end-of-term exams, anyone could tell she had a bad day; not to mention she was worried about Hana. She didn't want to insist and bother her friend, so she chose to give the girl some time alone and hoped she'd reach out to her if needed. Then there was Y/n who couldn't stop talking about how she was disappointed in Hoseok because of something he said.

"Jihyo?"

Speak of the devil. Jihyo refrained from sighing, slightly annoyed by the fact that the long-awaited rendezvous with her bed was being delayed. However, her kind nature led her to put on a warm face. She greeted Hoseok with a small smile, causing him to smile back.

"Can I talk to you for a minute? It's about Y/n."

Obviously. She mentally rolled her eyes. "Sure. What is it?"

Hoseok didn't want to waste more time, so he got straight to the point–much to Jihyo's pleasure. "I wanted to know more about her relationship with Jungkook."

"They're friends." The Korean girl knew everything. The fact that Hoseok grew curious about Jungkook and Y/n didn't surprise her. Nonetheless, she wouldn't be much of help since her friend never talked about the black-haired boy. "They often study together, but that's about it. If you need a proper answer, you should ask Y/n."

Jihyo was the shy type; mostly telling people what they wanted to hear instead of her true opinion. But when it came to her friends, she couldn't help but speak her mind. Hoseok wasn't even close to being a friend, but his actions would have an impact on Y/n, and she couldn't allow the said impact to be negative.

Despair could be heard in the boy's tone when he answered. "She won't talk to me. I tried to call and text her, but she never replied."

In a heavy sigh, Jihyo took a moment to stare at him. Never had he looked so hopeless, so sad. The very sight of a pained Hoseok made her feel sorry.

"If she refuses to talk to you, you should leave her alone. Eventually, she will calm down and sort things out. For now, don't wail over it. I know Y/n by heart; she'll come back."

Those wise words sufficed to lessen the burden. He had no choice but to listen to Jihyo and respect Y/n's privacy. He would wait for her anyway. Partially satisfied, the boy thanked her and left.

~ ♡ ~

"What are you doing here?"

Sun didn't bother hiding the smug smile on her face. Carefully, she placed one hand on the rough tiles and the other on Hana's shoulder to have support while sitting down. The latter rolled her eyes, taking a puff of her cigarette.

"This place isn't fit for a wuss like you."

"Beat it!" groaned Sun, trying her best not to look down. "You weren't in your room, so I figured you'd be here."

Turns out Hana's secret spot was none other than the roof of an abandoned house. Known as a daredevil, she didn't mind sitting on old and dirty tiles that could turn into ruins in no time. Sun, however, suffered from vertigo.

"Don't be stupid, get down. I'll join you in a minute," Hana scolded her, knowing too well how her friend felt at the moment.

Still, Sun insisted. "I came all the way up here, let me rest for a bit."

Both girls remained silent for a few minutes, peacefully staring at the neighborhood that looked nothing like the dilapidated house they were on top of. Hana didn't show it, but Sun's arrival happened to be a pleasant surprise. Maybe she had spent enough time on her own. She needed a friend right now, and Sun was well-suited for that.

"We had samgyeopsal for lunch." Sun was the first to break the silence, earning nothing but a frown. "You should've joined us."

Hana sighed. "I'm not hungry anyway." She bit her lip.

Her friend looked at her, dying to give her a warm embrace. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I told you I'd call whenever I'd feel like it," Yoongi's sister said rather harshly, but Sun ignored her.

"You look even uglier when you're upset."

"Shut up."

Sun chuckled. "Talk to me."

Hana paused, thinking of the best way to open up. She wanted to. Though it wasn't like her to admit her feelings aloud, this time it was different. Her eyes were filled with pain, a reflection of her broken heart.

"I confessed to a guy." She wanted to keep it short. "He rejected me." Her voice was shaky. "Yet shortly after, he invited me on a date. I was stupid enough to say yes."

"Was it Yoongi's friend?"

Hana nodded. "Turns out he didn't really care about me. Here I am now, depressed over a random boy like a silly teenage girl!"

Sun took a deep breath before pulling the unusually fragile Hana into a comforting embrace. For the first time since they had met, the so-called insensitive woman broke down in tears. Her friend felt helpless.

On one hand, Hana was suffering from heartbreak because of Jungkook. On the other hand, Y/n talked about him earlier and made it sound like she really cared about the boy. She appreciated him so much that she risked her chances with Hoseok and didn't hesitate to defend him. Sun feared that Y/n cared too much, maybe as much as Hana.

✭☆

#BlackLivesMatter — you have a voice, please use it.

Thank you for reading Love Letter 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133 8 3
A story about the burden of falling in love, when that love wasn't meant to be yours in the first place
816 24 21
In which you fall in love with a boy, one chat at a time. High school AU. Badminton player!Jungkook. Updates daily till Valentine's!
6.2K 365 7
π“π–πŽ ππ„πŽππ‹π„ 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐃𝐆𝐄 πŽπ… 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π–πŽπ‘π‹πƒ ❝𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 π₯𝐒𝐯𝐞.❞ β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬ DISCONTINUED Jeon Jungkook; Angst; Romance Β©...
2.5K 71 28
D-Man saves the day! Who knew computer science major Jeon Jungkook could become your fake boyfriend Jeon Jungkook x Reader