It All Started At 6 a.m.

By saylsbee

What would you do if your neighbour woke you up at six in the morning, every single day? Leah Scott is your... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (1)
Chapter 10 (2)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Characters
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
A/N
Epilogue

Chapter 24

4.5K 241 46
By saylsbee

Leah

No one spoke a word.

It was silent. 

People chattering in the background was just a buzz as Lydia and I looked from one another to Avery, and back and forth again. Avery was panting in front of us, slightly out of breath due to speaking without any pause about the events of last night. Even after she had gulped down an entire bottle of water, the two of us were still sitting dumbly staring at her and letting her words sink in.

"Guys you're creeping me out." She yelled at us and waved her hands in front of our faces. 

"Huh?" Was all we could manage.

"Stop staring at me like that and say something." She groaned and rolled her eyes at us.

"Okay," Lydia uttered hesitantly.

"Oh God. Fuck you guys. Change the topic. Idiots." She pulled her food tray towards her and took a massive bite of her burger. "I'll slap both of you." She groaned again and that did it for us. You'd be able to read Avery's palm on our faces if she'd have slapped us.

"Does Jordan know about it?" I asked, coming back to reality.

"Didn't talk to him after last night. Anyway, enough about me. Leah, " that had my ears perking up, "what about you and Ethan?" Her silly face was back.

"I told you nothing happened. We just slept in the same bed, that's all." I raised my palm up to silence Avery when I saw she was about to open her mouth, "I was having period cramps and he was just looking after me."

"By sleeping with you? How?" Her silly face is going to be the reason for her death.

"He was rubbing my tummy to soothe the pain." I was slapped across the face by my dear friend, Avery Hughes. "What the hell?" I rubbed my now red cheek. It hurts.

"Sorry I got excited." I glared at her. Her excitement gave me a red cheek. "Nolan better get some lessons from Ethan." She added.

"You guys were looking pretty cozy when we came into your room." I was thinking just when would Lydia bring that up. After all, she was the one taking our pictures.

"That's because we were. That boy is a human heater and he smells just so good. I don't see any reason to not cuddle up to him." I shrugged my shoulder and slurped on my milkshake.

"So did you guys make out? How was it? Who initiated it? Who was dominating? Were there sparks?" That was Avery whose face had lit up like a Christmas tree.

"For the tenth time, Avery, nothing happened." Her face fell at this. "But something did happen at the carnival." I avoided their gazes as they looked at me with their hopes up.

"Leah Scott. What the fuck happened?" 

"Someone had kissed me. And no, I don't know who did that." I sighed as I clasped my hands together and rested my chin on it. And just like that, I told them everything that happened in that dark room. Lydia's facial expressions changed when I told her who was there with me in that dark room and I tried to avoid looking at her. I knew what she wants to say.

"Jordan, you son of a bitc-"

"Avery! That's your mother too." I slapped her arm.

"Oh yeah, right, sorry mom." She smiled sheepishly and continued, "I'll make sure I never become an aunt if he was the one who kissed you. How dare he come between you and Ethan?! That ugly oaf!" Trust me, her brother was anything but ugly. I didn't voice that out. Don't need to put more on Lydia's suspicions. 

"But what if it was Ethan?" Lydia reasoned.

"Then I'll be an aunt as well as a godmother of her and Ethan's kids." She shrugged and chewed on her last bite of burger. "Did you ask them who was it?" 

"I wouldn't be so confused if I'd have asked them, Aves." Her mouth formed 'o' as the realisation hit her. "And neither are you going to ask your brother."

"Of course not Leah. It's 'hoe before my bro', babes, and I won't hesitate to punch that douche bag if it was him. Just let me know and I'll break his neck." She said with a serious face and we all were silent after that but I could hear the gears shifting in Lydia's head.

"Okay, guys, we need to leave. I have a guy waiting for me." Lydia winked, trying to lighten up the conversation but I know I'll be getting drilled for what I've told them.

__________

As soon as I walked in through the door, an aroma of freshly baked cinnamon rolls greeted me and I felt myself melting at the aroma and the sight in the kitchen. 

Ethan was standing behind the kitchen island with his face scrunched up in concentration as he worked on a tray of a freshly baked cinnamon roll. I can't wait to devour.

"Need some help?" I asked as I leaned against the fridge door.

"Oh hey. Nope, I am almost done with these." He looked up and smiled at me in greeting and then back at the work in his hand. This boy is a complete package in himself.

Truthfully, I can imagine myself coming home from a long day to these scenes and aroma in the future.

Whoa, why am I thinking about this? 

Get a grip, Leah.

"I don't mind some help with fixing the dinner though." He smiled cheekily at me.

"Sure."

"Mom and dad aren't home and they took the twins with them. So it's just you and I. What'd you prefer for dinner?" He asked running a knife through the edges of the baking tray to loosen up the rolls from sides.

"Anything that's edible." No, I don't have a death wish. This boy can cook pretty good meals.

"There's pasta sauce in the fridge. Could you heat that up?" 

"Alriiight." I dragged the 'i' and did as he had asked.

"Where's the pasta?" I asked after I had put the sauce in the microwave.

"First cabinet, top shelf." He laughed. Not again. It was fucking out of my reach.

Why are the Adams' so protective of their daily necessities? I mean, just imagine a thief stealing pasta and first aid-box from a house. What's going to be next? Freaking cheese?

"You enjoy my misery far too much, don't you?" I glared at him as he came and stood in front of me, his eyes glinting with mischief and amusement.

He leaned and stretched over to reach the cabinet, all the while maintaining eye contact.

"I enjoy this far too much, Leah" He pointed between us, his cool breath brushed the locks of my hair away from my face as his eyes roamed over my entire face, the intensity of them made my skin warm and a blush rose to my face.

"It's adorable when you blush because of me." He leaned his forehead against mine and the proximity was too much to bear. Freeing my hair from my ponytail, he ruffled them up and tucked a lock behind my ear, his palm rested on my cheek, shooting tingles from my face down my body. His eyes flicked down to my lips as his tongue swiped out to wet his lips and fuck I couldn't think straight anymore. I just wanted to do nothing but pull this boy and smash his lips with mine.

You don't wanna scare the guy off Leah. Calm down.

"You being this close is making me go crazy." He whispered and his lips brushed ever so slightly with mine, making delicious desires rise within me. 

I so badly wanted to feel his lips on mine. 

But then, of course, the fire alarm had to go off. Even that silly thing couldn't handle our heat.

Stupid fire alarms!

"Shit." He backed off as the microwave started emitting smoke. "Wave it off." He hurried towards the detector to restart it as I opened the windows to let the smoke out, waving it off with a freaking chopping board.

"Guess it wasn't meant to be happening like that." Ethan scratched the back of his neck as his ears turned pink.

Second time.

It's the second time that something or the other had interrupted our moment. Second time I had almost kissed this boy.

But then the kiss from the carnival played in my mind and I was mad. 

Mad that I had no idea who was it.

Mad that it's the second time my moment with this boy got interrupted.

Mad that this boy was about to kiss me.

And even mad at myself how badly I wanted to kiss him back.

******

Guess who's best? You people! For commenting, voting, freaking reading this book and basically showing your love towards this book.

There was a time when the reads on the chapters used to be in a single digit even after a week of uploading the chapter. And now, the reads on the previous chapter has reached in 3 digits that too in freaking 3 days. Wtf?! How?! I totally wasn't expecting this book to surge up this quickly. You people are freaking amazing <3

So, any thoughts on the chapter? Do let me know.

Until next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 5.6K 18
This is a Until Dawn fanfic A year after Josh's sisters death. He invites the gang back to the cabin for a reunion. Is this your opportunity to get c...
120K 4.5K 17
In life you are dealt the biggest challenges. When those are thrown your way you should just breathe. If you are Leah Wilson, that is not the easiest...
2.2K 146 22
"What is she doing here?" "Oh Jaden, the way you talk, someone would think you own this entire neighborhood. " She's quiet,not very social and very ...
43.5K 1.7K 34
"What the hell did you do!?" I heard a feminine voice behind me. I groaned and turned around to meet a very angry face. I have never seen a girl this...