𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐓 ❪ PRINCE KIT ❫

By -addy13

❝𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜❞ a servant and prince's fates collide one... More

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

2.6K 72 4
By -addy13

𝐊𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌. Sunlight streamed in through the windows, decorated by velvet curtains. Candles offered more light with the tiny flames dancing on their wicks. At the end of the Kings marvelous bed, on a couch decorated in satin, sat the King himself.

He was an old man, grey hair and a beard signaling the years he lived. Above his bed was a painting that one might marvel at for hours, streaked with gold and blue.

His son, the prince, Kit paced in front of him. The two bickered back and forth, both shooting back remarks at each other, while the doctor sat there. He had only come to check up on the King, not take part in an argument between two royals.

"You weren't ever the first fella to met a pretty girl." The King shook his head at his son.

"She wasn't a pretty girl! Well, she was a pretty girl, but there was so much more to her." Kit insisted, turning to face his father.

"How much more? You only met her once. How could you know anything about her?" The king said in disbelief. He was quite baffled by his son's sudden behavior.

When Kit had come in, the King knew something was different from the big smile plastered on his face, but he never expected a girl to be the reason why.

"You knew right away when you met Mother." Kit continued to pace, turning and giving his father a look that only told his father that he was right.

"That's different. Your mother was a princess!" The King reprimanded Kit.

"You would have loved her anyways." Kit said, rolling his eyes.

"I wouldn't have seen her because it would have been inappropriate." Kit's father waved his hands in the air and scoffed. "And my father would have told me what I'm telling you." The King continued.

Kit sighed, taking a seat next to his father.

"And I would have listened." The King scolded.

"No you wouldn't." Kit said, narrowing his eyes at the King. He knew he was right.

"Yes I would."

"No you wouldn't."

"I would."

"Wouldn't." A slight grin spread across the prince's face. He knew he was right.

"You're right." The King sighed. Kit's smile widened.

But his smile didn't last when he saw the look on the doctors face, a look of grief. Concern spread across his features and his smile was wiped off his face.

"How is he?" The doctor opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. There was a long pause, silence filling the room that once illuminated with joy. The King's gaze trailed off to look at the ground. He understood what it meant.

"If it takes that long to work out a way to say it..." His voice trailed off, ending it with a small sigh. Kit looked at his father with worry, inhaling a raspy breath.

Kit and his father sat in silence. The prince wondered how much time he had left with his father, whilst the King looked guiltily at the floor.

"Come." The King said abruptly. He rose quickly from his chair. However, the tension in the room was not broken.

Kit had always enjoyed going his father's quarters, seeing the gold details and smelling the faint lingering smell of rose, but now it seemed like nothing happy had came out of his visit. That happiness was fading, just as the perfume of rose was, left from his mother.

"We shall be late." The King shrugged off his guilt, clearing his throat to end the awkward silence. Kit merely stared at his father, still in shock. The King stood in front of Kit, clapping a hand on his shoulder.

"The punctuality is the politeness of princes." Kit and his father chorused. The King smiled at his son, patting his cheek. Kit returned the smile, but it didn't look as happy or bright as it had once been.

"I'm sure your father spoke to you of your behavior in the town square." The Duke's voice echoed through the grand hallway. The King accompanied Kit, walking beside him, while the Grand Duke and the Captain walked behind him.

Servants dressed in gold and blue outfits passed by. He walked past the guards standing with spears ready, and suits of knight armor.

Bright chandliers illuminated the hallways. The floor was tiled with black and white checkered marble floor. Scarlet satin seats with gold touches lined the walls in between the knights. Cyan, velvet curtains were draped on the windows, and gold candlesticks were besides them. Towering rose bouquets stood beside the doors.

"Is it any business of yours Grand Duke?" Kit said in a firm voice. Though his tone was gracious, his words threw a dark undertone at the Grand Duke. The Grand Duke did not seem to be at any least intimidated.

"Your business is my business, your royal highness." The Grand Duke said, chuckling. Kit frowned slightly, looking straight ahead. His father said nothing, neither did the Captain.

"You were not due to roam around freely, your Highness. Who knows what could happen. And even worse, you put your life on the line when you saved that girl." Humor left no trace in the Grand Dukes voice.

He dismissed the girl as just another unimportant person, and Kit didn't like it one bit. She wasn't just someone insignificant as his tone had put off. If he tried to explain that, they probably wouldn't listen.

"It was the right thing to do." Kit smiled cheekily to himself at his little inside joke, quoting the girl he met in the town square.

Her spirit had a lasting effect on him. He had never felt this before, but he gave in. It was refreshing to be around her. With her, he felt as if not the Prince, but as Kit, who he truly was.

With her, he felt like he could be himself, which was something he couldn't be when others expected him to be this prince. She was honest and strong-willed, but most important, she was kind.

He couldn't help but wish to spend more time with her. As odd as that sounded, since he only met her once.

Two men dressed in bright yellow coats, that lay at their knees, opened the two tall doors that were in front of them. They sported white wigs with bouncy curls wrapped in a ponytail. A turquoise shirt appeared from their open coats, and they wore blue tights that covered what their sea green pants couldn't.

"Master Phineas, master of the paintbrush patiently awaits." A nasal voice said.

The voice had come from a tiny man with a beret on the side of his head, covering the curly brown hair that was sprouting from beneath. His mustache curled up at the ends and thick, bushy eyebrows knotted together.

Master Phineas wore a dull blue shirt with a white collar poking out. Underneath the light blue shirt, a red fabric with gold details showed. He finished his outfit with a navy blue bow tied around his neck.

"Make him look marriageable, Master Phineas, we must attract a suitable bride." The King said. One of the men in the yellow coat draped a coat over Kit's shoulder as Kit secretly gagged over the King's words.

"Even if he won't listen to a word I say." The King said, turning to Kit with narrowed eyes.

"I shall endeavor to please, your Majesty, but I can't work miracles." Master Phineas sighed. Then there was silence. Both the King and the Captain looked at the canvas.

"Splendid canvas, Master Phineas." The Captain complimented. The King looked at him before turning back to the canvas.

"Thank you." Master Phineas said, almost sarcastically. "As if he knows anything about art." Master Phineas silently scoffed as he rushed over to the Prince with a sword in his hand and a smile.

Kit took the sword from Master Phineas, who cheesily smiled.

"So these portraits will really be sent abroad to induce the high and mighty to attend this ball you insist upon." Prince Kit's eyebrows knotted together.

He sat on a wooden stool, grasping the sword in his hand, as Master Phineas adjusted his blue coat. Kit peered at the King, who had the Grand Duke and the Captain standing beside him.

"Which is a tradition, which is beloved." The Grand Duke scoffed, looking at the King. The King's gaze was occupied. He seemed to suspect something.

"In which you will choose a bride." The King added, his voice echoing through the room.

He narrowed his eyes at Master Phineas, wrinkles creasing his forehead as his eyebrows raised. Master Phineas sighed, turning to the large canvas that lay in front of him, muttering under his breath.

"If I must marry, could I not wed, say a kind, honest townswoman?" Kit said, looking innocently at his father. Kit hoped that his father might agree. The King sighed, shaking his head at Kits suggestion.

"How many divisions would this townswoman provide us?" The Grand Duke's booming laughter filled the room, a hidden mocking in it. Kit frowned at the Grand Duke.

"How will she make the kingdom stronger? We are a small kingdom amongst great states, your royal highness. And its a dangerous world." The Grand Duke said, circling around the room.

Kit looked down at the ground, hiding his disappointment.

The room became silent for a while. In that time, the King walked over to Kit. "Listen boy, I want to see you and the kingdom safe." The King said softly, looking up at Kit with a reprimanding gaze. Kit looked at his father, no emotion shown on his face.

"Alright father." Kit looked at the ground, silent as his father started to walk away.

"On one condition..." Kit's voice made the King turn around. He was careful not to show any emotion that might hint at an idea the King would certainly not agree upon.

"Let the invitations go to everyone, not just the nobility. The wars have brought sorrow on us all" Kit looked down at his father, careful not to share any chance of excitement or hope he had in his voice. He then looked at the Grand Duke and the Captain, who didn't suspect a thing.

"What do you think? Would that please the people?" The King followed Kit's gaze, waiting the Grand Duke and Captain's answer.

The Grand Duke opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by the Captain's voice.

"Its beyond my wit, Your Majesty, but I wouldn't mind a bit of a jolly." A wide smile spread across the Captain's face. The Grand Duke looked baffled, as the King and the Captain shared a laugh.

A wide, happy smile fit Kit's face as he saw the King laugh. He would meet the mystery girl again after all. The very thought of it made him hopeful, and reminiscent. The King looked up at Kit, a bright smile on his face.

"I think we might have made a bargain. A ball for the people and a princess for the prince." The Grand Duke smiled, gesturing towards Kit. Kit silently frowned at the idea.

"Sounds like a step in the right direction, if you ask me-"

"We didn't ask you." The King's loud voice cut Master Phineas off. Master Phineas shrunk down in fear.

"I'm so sorry. Naughty paint, naughty brush. Haven't even got a cushion." Master Phineas chuckled nervously.

"Down please, Samson." Master Phineas said to his assistant. The assistant lowered him down farther and farther.

Master Phineas and his swing crumpled to the ground, his legs flailing in the air. He looked unhappy. Kit's lips twitched to hide a smile.

"I am on the ground. I am literally on the ground! I'm sorry." Master Phineas' voice broke out into a nervous laugh.

"Actually, this is a very good angle for you. Great nostrils." Master Phineas blurted as the King glowered at him. He waved his paintbrush around, before trying to reach the canvas.

"Could I have a longer brush!"

Kit was quite pleased with his father's approval. He wanted to see that girl again. Most throw themselves at him and take no notice in others, yet this girl decided to rescue a cat on the side of the road. A cat. She made him feel a way he hadn't before. But he could recognize that feeling deep inside him right away. Excitement perhaps, but it was different.

It only takes one moment that will change us all.

Bea returned to the castle to find Cynthia waiting for her in the stable, a worried look on her face.

"Bea!" Cynthia exclaimed, rushing over Bea once she caught sight of her. Bea stopped her horse in front of Cynthia, bewildered. Cynthia seemed unbothered, rushing over to Bea's side and resting one hand on the saddle.

"There you are. I got quite worried." Bea chuckled. She had been a little preoccupied. She slightly smiled to herself at the thought.

Her eyes lit up in recognition. "Tell me everything!" Cynthia yelled, perhaps a bit to loud.

It caught the attention of the other people that rushed back and forth from the stable. They all stopped to look at the two girls. As fast as they looked at them, the people got back to their work. Bea looked down in embarrassment, avoiding the gazes of others.

Bea and Cynthia had sat down in a quiet meadow, surrounded by flowers. Tall, green grass swayed, moving along to the rhythm of the breeze.

Bea told Cynthia of how she met the prince, with all the juicy details included. Cynthia listened to her like a eager child would when her mother was telling her stories. Bea told Cynthia of how she had saw a cat, but was in the way of the guards, and how she almost got trampled. And most importantly, of how a apprentice had dashingly "rescued" her from doom.

"That's a little exaggerated, don't you think?" Bea laughed.

"Who cares? Point is someone finally noticed you for how kind and amazing you are!"

Cynthia soaked in all the details and asked many questions. What was he wearing? Where was he from? What was his name? And most importantly, what did he look like? Was he handsome?

"Handsome? Cynthia, you sure your not looking for some fresh meat are you?" Bea laughed.

"No, I wouldn't do that to you. Besides, I already have someone." She scoffed.

"Yeah, that little blond girl." Cynthia eyes widened. "Don't worry, I don't care. And don't think I haven't noticed." Bea winked.

Cynthia changed the subject rather quickly, hoping to escape Bea's teasing and laughter. And soon, Bea was the one with the rosy tint, and Cynthia the one laughing.

Bea told Cynthia everything, from the way his eyes crinkled in the corners when he smiled big to his apprenticeship with his father.

"He must have been the kindest boy I've met. But I'll never meet him again, so it doesn't matter." Bea said, the image of Kit reappearing in her mind.

"This Kit, he works at the palace, yes?" Cynthia said, focused on something behind Bea. Bea nodded.

"Then you'll see him again!" Cynthia squealed.

The thought of seeing Kit again scared and intrigued her. While Kit was kind and nice, and there was the possibility, things also worried her.

When Kit discovered that she was a mere servant, he might walk away. What if he didn't even like her the same way and was just being nice and courteous. Her happy mood was clouded with worry. Cynthia noticed her occupation right away.

"Okay, hear me out." Cynthia said, breaking the icy silence. She paused, waiting to continue.

"The King just announced a ball was to be held, and all the people were invited. What if you went to the ball?" Cynthia tested her odds lightly. Bea looked at her with slight shock and alarm, clear on her face.

"Are you crazy!" Bea exclaimed, baffled by Cynthia's sudden idea. "Valina would kill me if I went to a ball!"

"I'll distract Valina, and you could meet Kit!" Cynthia gushed, not in fact believing the words that came out of her own mouth. Even talking to Valina was a nightmare itself.

"And you could dance with him, and talk with him, and..." Cynthia puckered her lips, making kissy noises. Bea's mouth hung open while she furiously blushed. She slapped Cynthia on the shoulder, turning her bright red cheeks away from her.

"Ow!" Cynthia exclaimed.

"Cynthia! I've only met him once!" Bea threw her head back, laughing at Cynthia's childish behavior.

The idea's of the ball and distracting Valina were soon pushed away, but not completely forgotten. Bea pondered at the idea of meeting him at the ball. Though she wouldn't fully admit it, because her subconsciousness was shaking her head, she did want to see him again. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and Bea knew she must take it.

There were so many things she'd need to make it work, kindness for one. And confidence. But there was one thing that Bea forgot she might need.

Magic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

527 57 17
The Princess of the most powerful kingdom in the country embarks on a mission to undo a curse placed upon her parents, who have been asleep for eleve...
25 3 4
An oath to a princess and a vow to a slave.
4.9K 396 49
Gifted to a monstrous prince and expected to fulfill his every whim, a nameless slave yearns for one thing above all else: her freedom. There may be...
1.2K 22 33
Completed. Ballrooms, dresses, and suitors. Tragedy and betrayal. A love that's worth dying for. *A Christian Fantasy*