Sick love

Από Trinity_3in1

What happens when you fall in love with someone who is about to die? Not to mention the fact that you are abo... Περισσότερα

PLEASE READ!!!
Kind of normal day
Surprise Visit
Am I sick?
Bad News
The diagnosis
Welcome to Spring Hill
Rosa, Meet Hector
Idk, what to call this part😂
Something to Fight For
Cheering Me Up
When is Your Birthday?
Birthday Suprise part 1
Birthday Surprise Part 2
Birthday Surprise Part 3
Birthday Surprise Part 4
Return to the Hospital
I Love You
Waiting...
Opening Up
Getting better
Goodbye
Plan For the Future
How It All Ends
???

Getting to Know Each Other

16 0 0
Από Trinity_3in1

Rosa's Point of View

            I felt bad for Hector. I know that it must've been hard without a dad, especially for his mom. I noticed that he looked like he was going to cry but he quickly stopped himself.

           "Are you alright?"

           "Ya, I'm fine."

           "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

           "No, you are fine. It is just that sometimes there some feelings that we just can't avoid."

           "Ya."

           I nodded my head slightly as I turned to face the window. The view from up here was absolutely amazing. It got really silent. All you could hear were the noises coming from the doctors, nurses, and patients outside the door. All of a sudden the door opened and the doctor walked in with a nurse right behind him. They both had an IV bag in their hands.

          "Alright guys! Are you ready to start?"

          "Ya sure."

          "I guess."

          "Ok, then let's get started!"

          The doctor was very enthusiastic, but I think it was just his job. I think he was just trying to keep our spirits up. Not going to lie, it kinda did. He walked over to the IV capiter next to me, hung up the bag, and attached it to a small machine. The nurse did the same thing to Hector. After the IV was attached, he pulled out the needle and put it in my arm.

         "Ow."

         "It's alright. You are doing good."

         I heard Hector let out a little "ow" too. Then they let the fluid start dripping. That is when I knew that I wasn't going to enjoy this.

        "Are you alright?"

        "Ya, I'm doing good."

        I looked over to Hector and saw that he was talking to the nurse. For some reason I got this weird feeling in my stomach. I thought that it was probably just me being nervous so I just shrugged it off. The doctor stayed for a few minutes and just made sure that everything was attached correctly and that we were doing well. After a while he left to go talk to our parents and the nurse went with him. It was just Hector and I again. We turned our heads towards each other and our eyes met. We just sort of stared for a while and I got lost in his mesmerizing blue eyes. I giggled a little bit and let my head drop slightly.

       "I'm getting kinda bored."

       "Ya me too."

       "Well, what do you want to do?"

       "Are we even able to do anything?"

       "Umm, I guess we could talk or play one of those multiplayer games on our phones."

       "You are right. How about for right now we just talk. Tell me about your family."

        "Ok. Well, there are six people in my family. There is my mom, dad, older brother Alex, and two younger twin brothers Preston and Shane."

        We continued to talk about where we lived and how long we were staying at the hospital and things like that. It was nice being able to talk to someone like him who saw things from my perspective. Although, the longer I talked to him the more I felt like there was something he was hiding. The more we talked about family, the more I felt that way and I knew that it was bugging him. Maybe it was about his dad. I didn't really know so I decided to just shrug it off.

        We started talking about more than just family. We were talking about our friends and schools. That weird feeling in my stomach came back again and I found myself blushing a little more than normal every time that he made me laugh. I think I might be beginning to grow feelings for Hector. I mean, he is really nice, funny, and pretty attractive. All of a sudden the door opened and in walked my brother Alex.

         "Hey Alex. What are you doing here?"

         "Mom and dad are talking to the doctor and it got really boring so I decided to come hang out with you guys, if you don't mind."

         "Ya, I'm fine with it. Are you good with it Hector?"

         "Of course."

         "Cool. So how are you guys? What is it all like?"

        "It is nice to be able to talk to Hector because he understands things in a way that most people wouldn't, but the process isn't fun at all."

        "Ya. She pretty much nailed it."

        I giggled a little bit and looked over to him. There was something about him that intrigued me.

       "Well, I just wanted to say that you both are getting my prayers."

       "Thanks brother."

       "Thank you...what is your name again?"

       "Alex."

       "Well, thank you Alex."

       "Of course. So what have you guys been doing in here while you were waiting?"

      "We have just been talking."

      "Ya. I hear that you two are part of a big family."

       "Sort of. Our overall family is huge but when it is just us, it is about average."

       "Well compared to my family that is huge. It is just my mom and I."

       "Hector, I thought you had a sister?"

       "Umm, I don't really want to talk about her right now. Sorry."

       "Don't be sorry. There is nothing that you need to be sorry for."

       He just gave me a warm smile in return, but I knew that it was a cover for him screaming and crying on the inside.

       We continued to just talk about whatever we wanted to until the doctor came back in.

       "Hello guys!"

       "Hey Dr. Dued."

       "You guys did so amazing. Both of you just finished your first cycle! You are scheduled for your second cycle in 5 days. Over the course of these 5 days, we are just going to watch you here at the hospital to make sure that the chemo is working the way it should be. Ok?"

        "Ok."

        "Alright."

       The nurse walked over to Hector and the doctor came to me. They took out our IV's and put bandages on them. They helped us stand up and walk out the door.

      "You two can go back to you rooms now or go wait in the lounge."

      "Ok."

      "Alright."

      They walked away and left Hector and I to do whatever we wanted.

      "So, what do you want to do?"

      "I don't know. I was thinking maybe going to get some food because I am hungry and then I was going to go see my mom and make sure she is alright, if you want to come along."

      "Ya, sure."

      "Ok."

      "Where is the cafeteria though?"

      "It is down this hallway. Follow me."

      Hector lead me to the two big doors that I walked into just that morning when I first arrived. He opened them and walked through, holding the door for me.

      "Thank you."

       Again, he gave me his warm smile except this time it was genuine and again, it gave me that weird feeling. I definitely had a little crush on him. We continued walking down the hallway, past the elevator until we reached the end of the hallway and turned right. It led us to another door that we walked through and that led us into the cafeteria. It was nice, new. There were a few booths on the sides of the room and in the middle there were tall tables with tall chairs. I could tell that it was still pretty new. We walked up to a line of people waiting for food and began to wait also.

         "Is the food here good?"

         "Ya, it is pretty good food for a hospital cafeteria. Especially compared to the hospital that I was at previously."

          "How bad was it there?"

          "Oh, it was horrible."

          "Everything tasted like school food. Trying to make it as healthy as possible but making it tasteless in the process. At least here the food is actually pretty good."

          "How long have you been here for?"

          "A few days. We have been waiting for you to come. Also my mom wanted to get me here as soon as possible."

          "Oh. Why did she want you to come so early?"

          "I think that she just wanted me to constantly be watched and monitored to make sure I don't get worse."

          "That's understandable. I mean, we do have cancer."

          "Ya, you are right."

          We got to the front of the line and got our food. It actually smelled really good. We walked over to one of the high tables and sat down. I grabbed one of my chicken strips and took a bite.

         "You were right, it does taste really good."

         "What did I tell ya? You didn't believe me, but yet here we are."

         I giggled a little bit. We continued to laugh and eat until we were done with our food. We walked out of the cafeteria and back down the hall until we reached the oncology unit again.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Ghosted Από DEX

Ρομαντική

15 0 1
A story of falling in love and the abrupt ending and fallout. Can one survive at the beginning of a pandemic when they've lost the person they love m...
571 27 27
A love story I got the idea of from my horrible love life, enjoy.
113 31 11
This was the first book that i ever wrote as a kid. I hope that my friends are happy to finally see the ending after five years. Yeah. Unedited to pr...
69.6K 2K 29
One word describes my life, cancer. My best friend Jessica has cancer. Here's the thing, I've been in love with her since we were kids. Jess wants no...