LGBTQIAP+ GET TOGETHER | #Pri...

By lgbtq

The biggest event of the year is here! Welcome to the first-ever LGBTQIAP+ Get Together - a month filled with... More

TAG, YOU'RE IT! #TAGFEST
A Message from HQ
1 | LGBTQIAP+ Get Together
1 | Pride Swag
1 | LGBTQIAP+ for #BlackLivesMatter
1 | #PrideAtWattpad Reading Lists
2 | Playlists
2 | Writing Contest
4 | Empathy Project
5 | Interview: FairlyLocalTreehouse
5 | Interview: sarah3534
5 | Bullying Awareness Community
6 | Immortal Pride
6 | Trivia Night #1
7 | Social Media Gayms
7 | The New LGBTQIAP+
8 | Graphics Contest
8 | WHODUNNIT?
9 | Super Drabble Contest
10 | Interview: DanGarrett
10 | star-powered
11 | Team Unity
11 | June Activities
12 | The Meme Gayms
12 | Meme Gayms: Drake
12 | Meme Gayms: Monkey Puppet
12 | Meme Gayms: Expanding Brain
12 | Meme Gayms: Left Exit 12 Off Ramp
12 | Meme Gayms: Running Away Balloon
13 | LGBTQIAP+ Networking
13 | Networking Event: GENRES
13 | Networking Event: DISNEY
14 | Hello Haiku
15 | Interview: EdenY_
15 | Interview: NodaOrtiz
15 | Your LGBTQIAP+ Family
16 | What are Community Profiles?
16 | Tales of The Slayer
17 | Hurricane Book Club
18 | A Summer of Firsts Writing Contest
18 | Pride Flags pt. 1
18 | Review: "Heart of a Prince: A Cinderella Story"
19 | #PrideAtWattpad Virtual Book Club
20 | Interview: TLBodine
20 | Interview: OminouslyAnonymous
22 | Pride Flags pt. 2
22 | Trivia #1 Answers
23 | International LGBTQIAP+ Profiles
23 | Community Hub
24 | #FreeThePOC Campaign
25 | Interview: LanaJoKing
25 | Interview: BeeKienitz
25 | The #PerfectDiversity Campaign
26 | Review: "My Dear Damsel"
27 | Of TikToks and Rainbows
28 | Networking Event: LGBTQIAP+ Communities
28 | Trivia Night #2
29 | LGBTQIAP+'s Community Guide
29 | Bingo Night!
Dedication

3 | Welcome to the Pride Parade

1.8K 187 1.2K
By lgbtq

(Click here to get this sticker)

Host: CommunityInteractive

Our team is blessed to be allowed to join in on the LGBTQIAP+ fun this month, and it means very much to us to be here. You see, when our lead was a young boy, his father took him into the city to join the pride parade. It was a wonderful experience.

That, however, doesn't seem like something that might happen again this year.

We don't imagine that we'll get out much more this month, with most of us still being under some form of self-isolation, but we are reluctant to admit that we'll go without our Pride Parades.

In fact, we're so stubborn that we've decided to have one despite the current state of affairs!

We invite you to help us plan the greatest virtual Pride Parade imaginable. We'll leave all the details down to you, from the music, the locales, the refreshments, the floats, the routes, and (if we're so inclined) whether we can stop at a McDonalds for our very own rainbow butterfly unicorn kitten happy-toy.

All you have to do is share your ideal Pride Event plans in the comments, and if you perhaps see somebody else's that you'd like to build upon, then work with them to make your Gay Dreams™ come true!

Our ideal Pride Parade is open for discussion, but right now we're envisioning:

Tina Turner with a Superhero Outfit on a float singing What's Love Got to Do With It. Right behind her, Dolly Parton and Aretha Franklin are jamming out to Baby I'm Burning and Sisters are doin' it for themselves. We have a food truck that follows with Trixie Mattel handing out red velvet cakes and sodas, (and lil balloonies for the kiddies).

Leading a burlesque marching band is Cher and Tim Curry, flying all the flags that we know and love.

Trailing behind the Disney section (yes, we'll have a Disney section), we have our best friends and companions, our dogs and cats and birds and chameleons who have always been there for us. There's a moving doggy play park and floating kitty castle, with a lush little jungle for our scaly critters and feathered friends. Ruby Rose and Miley Cyrus are running around doing handouts. Everybody gets a cool superhero cape!

Then, later in the afternoon, we all enjoy a sweet ice cream while we plan the next day's Parade.

That sound good?

We'd love to hear your ideas! We know that we've missed a lot, and with your input, we can only make it better! We're going to plan the BEST VIRTUAL PRIDE PARADE EVER!

On the inline comments, help us plan the best Pride Parade ever!

Who's headlining the parade?

What's the entire line-up of performances?

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, wait, it's ____.

What song started playing that made you break out singing?

Hold up! Is that a flash mob?? What are they dancing???

You're dancing with a few friends and you turned around only to see your favorite celebrity eating cake! Who is it?

You have never seen a float like that before! Describe it.

What's your outfit?

Tag the people you're dancing with (tag us too, we love dancing!) 

Tell us what else happened during this parade!

We want to thank the lovely parade marshals at CommunityInteractive for hosting this amazing Pride Parade! We hope you had as much fun attending it as we did hosting it!

Stay groovy, folks!

- The LGBTQIAP+ Family
Instagram  |  Twitter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 45.2K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
2.1K 215 13
Sherlock understands everything except gravity. Gravity, and John. It doesn't matter which one he loses, if he loses one; either way, he would lose...
31.1K 725 42
Guys this story has A LOT OF SPELLING MISTAKES I WAS 13 BACK THEN SO YEAH nick cant keep his feelings anymore the only girl he wanted to be with is...
296K 18K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong