Harry's Godfather (A Father a...

By JessicaRivera821

A wizard has spent 12 years in a wizarding Prison called Azkaban. For a crime that he did not commit. That wi... More

Chapter 1: Birthday Presents and A Prisoner Escapes
Chapter 2: The Hogwarts Express and Remus Lupin
Chapter 3: Dumbledore's Speech and the Grim
Chapter 4: Transfiguration, COMC and Potions
Chapter 5: Hogsmeade Weekend and the Fat Lady
Chapter 6: Dada, Quidditch and Dementors
Chapter 7: Hospital Wing, the Marauder's Map and Hogsmeade Weekend
Chapter 8: Hagrid's Bad News and Christmas
Chapter 9: Patronus Lesson and Quidditch Practice
Chapter 10: Quidditch and Sirius Black Returns
Chapter 11: Hogsmeade, The Results of Buckbeak's Trial and the Quidditch Final
Chapter 12: 3rd Year Exams, Trelawney's Predicition and Scabber's Return
Chapter 13: The Whomping Willow, Sirius Black and the Truth Uncovered
Chapter 14: Peter Pettigrew, Lupin's Transformation and Sirius Acquitted

Chapter 15: The Time Turner, Saving Buckbeak and Going Home

3.1K 83 36
By JessicaRivera821

The only ones left in the office now, was Snape, Harry and Dumbledore himself. Snape looks at the time turner with curiosity, then looks at Dumbledore. Dumbledore said, "Severus, you now know how the time turner works. Take Harry with you. He can assist you in rescuing Buckbeak. Buckbeak will be tethered in the pumpkin patch, behind Hagrid's hut. Once you rescue him, bring him here. If all goes well, Buckbeak will be saved from the execution. Sirius can take Buckbeak to his home and care for him there." Dumbledore adds as the bell of the clock tower begins to sound, "You must return here before the final bell rings. The consequences of failing to return are too disasterous to discuss. Remember this, both of you: Neither of you must be seen. Severus, 3 turns should do it. Good luck." Snape bows to Dumbledore, and turns to Harry. Snape said, "Let's go, Harry. We need to rescue, Buckbeak the hippogriff." Harry said, "You do believe me that Buckbeak is innocent, don't you, dad?" Snape said, "Yes, I do, Harry. Please come here." Harry relaxes and said, "Ok, dad. Let's go save Buckbeak." Snape smiles as Harry goes over and stands next to him. Once Harry reaches Snape, Snape puts the chain around Harry's neck and said, "We will be going back in time. 3 hours back to be exact. Around the time Dumbledore went down to Hagrid's hut with the Ministry officials." Harry said, "Oh.... So, we're going to untether Buckbeak and hide somewhere until Fudge and the others leave, dad?" Snape nods, "That is what I have planned." Harry nods, "Ok, dad. Ready when you are." Snape turns the hourglass 3 times. The office dissolves as Harry feels a sensation of flying fast, backwards. He watches as everything goes in reverse. Colors and shapes rushes past him as he watches wide-eyed. Suddenly, his feet touches solid ground. Everything around them starts to come into focus again. They look around the now, empty office. Snape removes the time turner from around their necks and pockets it. Snape said, "We need to move quickly, Harry." Harry nods as he follows Snape out of the office and down the moving staircase. They continue to move quickly, making sure they weren't seen. They stop at the double doors and open the doors a crack. There on the other side of the doors was Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle. Their backs to the doors. Across from them was Ron, Hermione and Harry himself. Harry looks wide-eyed as his whispers quietly, "This is so weird, seeing myself, dad." Snape, who was looking a bit bewildered himself at seeing Harry with his friends and Harry next to him, said, "Likewise, Harry." They watch as Hermione punches Malfoy in the face, knocking Mafoy to the ground. Snape smirks as he mutters, "Well done, Miss. Granger." Snape watches as Malfoy gets up and hurries to the doors where they are. Snape said, "Move quickly, Harry!" He grabs Harry, quickly enters an empty room nearby and watches through the crack of the door as Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle, run past them. They heard Malfoy say as he continues running, "I'm going to get that jumped up mudblood! Mark my words!" Snape mutters under his breath, "We'll see about that." Snape sighs and whispered, "We were nearly seen by Mr. Malfoy." Harry said, "That was close, dad." Snape said, "Indeed." Snape looks around a bit and said, "The coast is clear. Let's go, Harry." Harry nods as they leave the empty room and go out the double doors as quickly as they could. Once outside, they go down to Hagrid's hut. They quickly hide in the pumpkin patch just a few feet away from Buckbeak and wait. Snape and Harry could now hear voices inside. Harry listens as he hears his own voice whisper, "It's us. We're wearing the invisibility cloak. Let us in and we can take it off." Hagrid whispered, "You shouldn've come!" Hagrid stands back, then a moment later, shuts the door. Snape whispered, "Come on, Harry. We need to get closer to Buckbeak, in order to rescue him." They move closer until they can see Buckbeak tethered to the fence, by the pumpkin patch. Buckbeak was looking nervous. Harry said, "When do we rescue him, dad?" Snape said, "After the Ministry Officials see him." Harry said, "Ok, dad. Guess we wait now." Snape nods, "Yes, Harry. We wait." At that moment, they heard a crash of breaking china from inside the hut. Harry said, "That's Hagrid breaking the milk jug. Hermione's going to find Scabbers in a minute." Sure enough, a few minutes later, they heard Hermione scream in surprise. Snape hears the sound of distant doors closing. He looks towards the castle and nudges Harry. Harry looks at the direction Snape was looking and saw Dumbledore, Fudge, the old Committee member and Macnair the executioner, walking down towards Hagrid's hut. Snape and Harry quickly look towards Hagrid's hut to see Hagrid's back door open. Harry saw himself, Ron and Hermione walk out with Hagrid. Hagrid said, "It's ok, Beaky, it's ok." Hagrid turns to Harry, Ron and Hermione and said, "Go on. Get going." Harry listens as he heard himself say, "Hagrid, we can't!" Then he heard Hermione say, "We'll tell them what really happened!" Harry listens as Ron said, "They can't kill him!" Snape and Harry watched quietly as Hagrid said, "Go! It's bad enough without you lot in trouble and all!" They watch as Hermione in the pumpkin patch throws the invisibility cloak over them and herself. They listened as Hagrid said, "Go quick! Don't listen!" Snape and Harry watched as the execution party arrive at Hagird's hut.

Hagrid goes back inside, leaving the back door opened as Snape and Harry hear a knock at the front door of the hut. They heard feet going away from the hut, but Harry and Snape can now hear what is being said in the hut as they remained hidden. Macnair's cold voice said, "Where's the beast?" Hagrid said hoarsely, "Outside." Macnair's face appears at Hagrid's window, as he looks out of the window and sees Buckbeak. They hear Fudge's voice as he said, "We have to read you the official notice of the execution, Hagrid. I'll make it quick. Then you and Macnair need to sign it. Macnair, you're supposed to listen too. That's procedure." Macnair's face vanishes from the window. Snape thought, 'It's now or never. Dumbledore will never forgive me, if this plan fails.' Snape whispered, "Now, Harry. Untie Buckbeak and bring him here." Harry whispered, "Will do, dad." As Fudge's voice is heard again, Harry darts out from behind the pumpkins they were hiding in and approaches Buckbeak. Harry hears Fudge's voice as he said, "It is the decision of the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures, that the hippogriff, Buckbeak, hereafter called, the condemned, shall be executed on the 6th of June, at sundown." Harry stares up into Buckbeak's orange eyes once more and bows. Buckbeak sinks down to his scaly knees and stands up again. Harry begins to untie Buckbeak from the fence as Fudge continues, "Sentenced to execution by beheading. To be carried out by the Committee's appointed executioner, Walden Macnair as witnessed below. Hagrid you sign here." Hagrid said, "No, I want to be with him. I don't want him to be alone." Harry whispered, "Come on, Buckbeak. Come on, we're going to help you." Footsteps were heard inside the hut. Harry tugs harder on the rope that was around Buckbeak's neck. Buckbeak stands up and starts to walk, rustling his wings. Harry whispered, "Buckbeak move, please!" Dumbledore said from within the hut, "One moment please, Macnair. You need to sign, too." The footsteps stop as Harry pulls on the rope, making Buckbeak walk faster. Snape's face appeared from around a pumpkin as he whispered, "Come on, Harry! Hurry!" Harry could still hear Dumbledore talking from inside the hut as he gave the rope another pull. Buckbeak breaks into a trot as Harry reaches Snape. Snape takes hold of the rope and helps Harry move Buckbeak into the trees. Buckbeak trots faster with both Snape and Harry pulling on the rope. Snape finally whispered "Stop! They might hear us. I think we are safely hidden, Harry." They watch from the trees as Hagrid's back door opens with a bang. Snape, Harry and Buckbeak stands still, listening and watching. There was silence, then.... The Committee said in a reedy voice, "Where's the beast?" Macnair said furiously, "It was tied here! I saw it! Just here!" Dumbledore said amusingly, "How extraordinary." Hagrid said weakly, "Beaky!" There was the swishing noise, then a thud of an axe. Macnair seemed to have swung the axe into the fence, out of anger. Then they heard Hagrid's howls. Hagrid said, "Gone! Gone! Bless his little beak! He's gone! Must have pulled himself free! Beaky, you clever boy!" Buckbeak starts to strain against the rope, trying to get to Hagrid. Snape and Harry tighten their grip on the rope and dug their heels into the ground to stop him. Macnair snarled, "Someone untied him! We should search the grounds or the forests!" Dumbledore said, still sounding amused, "Macnair, if Buckbeak has indeed been stolen, do you really think the thief will have lead him away on foot? Search the skies if you will." Dumbledore said to Hagrid, "Hagrid, I could do with a cup of tea, or a large brandy." Hagrid said, "Of course, Professor. Come in, come in. You won't find any small cups here." Snape and Harry listen closely as they heard footsteps, Macnair cursing softly and the door closing. It was quiet once more. Buckbeak stops straining on the rope and stands there, looking sad. Harry sighs and said, "Now what, dad?" Snape said, "We'll have to hide in here, Harry. We have to wait until they have gone back up to the castle. Then we wait until it's safe to fly Buckbeak up to the Astronomy Tower. We go to Dumbledore's office from there." Snape sighs, "It's going to take a couple of hours, before we can fly Buckbeak up to the tower." Harry thinks for a moment, then said, "We're going to have to move, dad. We've got to be able to see the whomping willow, or we won't know what's going on." Snape said, "Very well, but we must stay out of sight, understood?" Harry said, "I understand, dad." They grab the rope and move around the edge of the forest as darkness falls around them. They keep moving until they hide behind a clump of trees. From there, they could see the whomping willow.

Suddenly, Harry said, "There's Ron!" Snape and Harry sees a dark figure running across the grounds and shouts are heard. They see 2 more figures appear out of nowhere. Harry said, "There I am, along with Hermione." They watch as Ron dive to the ground and said, "Gotcha! Get off you stinking cat!" Harry said, "There's Sirius!" Snape and Harry watches as a large black dog comes out from the root of the whomping willow. They watch as the dog knocks Harry over and grabs Ron. Harry said, "Looks even worse from here, doesn't it?" They watch as the dog pulls Ron into the roots. Harry said, "Ouch! Look, I just got walloped by the tree. This is so weird...." Snape chuckles as they watch the whomping willow creaks and lashes out with its branches. They could see Harry and Hermione darting here and there , trying to reach the trunk. They saw the tree freeze suddenly. Harry said, "That was Crookshanks pressing the knot on the tree." They watch as Harry, Ron and Hermione disappear. Harry said, "There we go. We're in." The moment they disappeared, the tree starts to move again. Seconds later, they heard footsteps. Dumbledore, Macnair, Fudge and the old Committee member were making their way up to the castle. Harry said, "Right after we had gone down into the passage!" Snape said, "Indeed." As they watch the four wizards go into the castle. Harry said, "Here comes, Lupin!" As another figure runs out of the castle and towards the whomping willow. They watch as Lupin picks up a broken branch from the ground and prods the knot on the trunk of the tree. The tree goes still once more. Lupin goes into the gap of the roots and disappears. A moment later they hear a burst of song. It was Hagrid, making his way up to the castle. He was singing at the top of his voice, weaving slightly as he walked. He was holding a large bottle in his hand. Buckbeak starts to make frantic attempts to get to Hagrid again. Harry said, "No Buckbeak!" As he and Snape grab the rope to hold Buckbeak back. They watched as Hagrid enters the castle. Once Hagrid disappears, Buckbeak stops fighting to get away. His head drops down, looking sad. They let go of the rope and turn back towards the whomping willow. Snape said, "There I go, Harry." Harry sees Snape running out of the castle and running towards the tree. They watched as Snape skids to a halt next to the tree and look around. They watch Snape spot Harry's cloak and pick it up to look at it. They could just see the concern look on his face as he looks at the cloak. They watch as Snape's face went from concerned to determined as he holds the cloak and picks up the branch Lupin used to freeze the tree. They watch Snape prod the knot with the branch and vanish on the spot as he puts on the cloak. Harry said, "That's it. We're all down there now." They sit there for awhile, waiting. The leaves overhead move faintly in the breeze. The moon moved in and out of sight of the clouds as the clouds move across the sky. After over an hour, Harry said, "Here we come!" They get to their feet as Buckbeak raises his head. They see Lupin come out first, then Black, Pettigrew and Ron come out of the passage. Followed by Harry, Hermione and Snape. They watch as the moon came out from behind the clouds. They see Lupin stop and go rigid. Harry said, "There goes Lupin. He's transforming." Harry looks at Snape and said, "Thanks for giving Lupin the potion, dad." Snape said, "You're very welcome, Harry. He was overdue on his dosage, so I did what needed to be done." Harry smiles as they both see Lupin fully transformed. They watch as Snape touched the werewolf, before lowering his hand. A moment later, they watch as Lupin went down into the passage. Harry said, "I never seen you so terrified, dad." Snape said, "I faced my fears that night, Harry. It was the most terrifying moment I have ever experienced." Harry hugs him. Snape returns the hug. They let go and watch as Black, Pettigrew, Ron, Hermione, Harry and Snape walk up to the castle and disappear from view. After a few minutes, Snape said, "It's time to fly, Harry. Let's go." Snape and Harry go over to Buckbeak. Snape climbs onto Buckbeak, then pulls Harry up to sit behind him. Snape grabs the rope and ties it to the other side of the collar, making a rein for him to hold. Snape said, "Hold on to me, Harry!" Harry wraps his arms around Snape's waist as Snape nudges Buckbeaks side with his heels. Buckbeak spreads his wings and soars into the air. Both Snape and Harry could feel Buckbeak's great wings rising powerfully beneath them. Snape urges Buckbeak forward as they continue to fly higher. The wind whipping through his jet-black hair. As they fly around Hogwarts, Snape spots the Astronomy Tower and pulls hard on the left-hand side of the rope, making Buckbeak turn. As they land on the floor of the Astronomy Tower, Snape said, "Whoa!" Buckbeak slows to a stop and folds his wings against his body. Snape gets down from Buckbeak and helps Harry down. Harry said, "That was wicked! I didn't know you knew how to ride him?" Snape chuckles, "Hagrid insisted I give it a try when he introduce me to Buckbeak. He told me that he was using Buckbeak for his first ever Care of Magical Creature class." Harry chuckles in response. Snape takes the rope and said, "Come along, Buckbeak." Buckbeak starts to walk with Snape as Snape leads him to the door. Snape opens the door and walks through it with Buckbeak. Harry follows behind and shuts the door quietly. Snape and Harry move quickly and quietly down the stairs and through the corridors. Making sure they weren't seen. The clock begins to sound the hour. Snape whispered, "We need to hurry!" They speed up, making Buckbeak trot. They make it to Dumbledore's office without anyone seeing them. Snape puts his ear to the door and listens as he hears a whooshing sound. Snape knocks on the door and waits. Dumbledore said, "Enter." As the clock finishes sounding the hour. Snape enters the office with Buckbeak. Harry follows behind, shutting the door behind them.

Dumbledore smiles, "Well done, both of you." Snape hands Harry the time turner and said, "You may return this to Miss. Granger, Harry." Harry nods as he takes the time turner and pockets it. Dumbledore pets Buckbeak and said, "Sirius you may come down now. It's just Severus, Harry and Buckbeak the hippogriff." Black comes down from the observatory as a dog and transforms back into himself. Black comes down the stairs and stands next to Dumbledore. Black said, "So, this is Buckbeak." Dumbledore nods smiling. Black bows to Buckbeak, without taking his eyes away from him. Buckbeak bows back, then stands up. Black pets him as Snape said, "You and I still need to talk Black, before you leave with Buckbeak." Black said, "I know, Snape." Black stops petting Buckbeak and said, "I'm listening." Snape said, "May I speak to Black alone, Albus? Harry can stay of course." Dumbledore said, "Of course, Severus. I shall leave you 2 to discuss with each other. Alert me when you are both finished." Snape and Black nod in response. Dumbledore leaves them alone in his office with Harry. Snape said, "I know full well that you hate the fact that I have full custody of Harry, instead of you." Black said, "Yes, I do. I'm Harry's legal guardian. I should be the one raising him, not you." Snape said, "How can you raise Harry, if you have been in Azkaban for his entire life, Black?" Black said, "That may be, but I was made Harry's Godfather, in case anything happened to them." Snape said, "Yes, I know, Black, but Dumbledore seems fit to allow me to be Harry's adoptive father." Black said, "He must have his reasons, I guess." Snape said, "It seem so, Black." Black nods in response. Snape said, "I need to alert Dumbledore that we are finished talking." Black said, "Very well, Snape." Snape pulls his wand out and sends a patronus to Dumbledore. Black said, "You can produce a patronus?" Snape said, as he puts his wand up his sleeve, "Yes, of course, Black." Black remains surprised as Dumbledore enters his office. Dumbledore said, "I received your patronus, Severus." Snape nods in response. Dumbledore said, "Are you ready to go home with Buckbeak, Sirius." Black said, "As ready as I'll ever be, Albus." Dumbledore said, "Take Buckbeak up to the Astronomy Tower and fly off with him from there. Send word to me, once you are home. So that I know that you have arrived safely." Black said, "I will, Albus." Dumbledore smiles, as Black takes the rein and walks out of the office with Buckbeak. Black takes Buckbeak up to the Astronomy Tower without being seen. He climbs onto Buckbeak's back and grabs the reins. Black holds on as he nudges buckbeak with his heels. Buckbeak spreads his wings and runs. Then takes off into the air and flies away. Snape said, "That was enough excitement for one night." Harry chuckles, "I agree with you there, dad." A knock at the door silenced everyone in the office. Dumbledore said, "Enter." Snape pulls Harry gently to his side as they move to stand next to Dumbledore. Fudge enters the office and said, "I thought I'd find you here." Fudge paces as he said, "Other than the reappearance of Peter Pettigrew, I will have to alert the Daily Prophet about the escaped hippogriff." Fudge sighs, "The Daily Prophet will have a field day with this piece of news as well. Both will be on the front page for weeks! I am going to be the laughingstock of the entire wizarding world!" Dumbledore said, "Perhaps, but at least justice will be done right this time, Minister." Fudge sighs and said, " Yes... well, I had better notify the Ministry." Dumbledore said, "Very well. Minister, the dementors will be removed from the school, I trust?" Fudge nods, "Oh yes, they'll have to go. I'll have them packed off and back to Azkaban tonight." Fudge sighs, "Perhaps we should think about dragons at the school entrance next time." Dumbledore smiles, "Hagrid would like that." Fudge said, "Have a good night, Albus." Dumbledore said, "You as well, Minister." Fudge leaves the office, looking a bit flustered over the night's events. Dumbledore said, "Now that all is well, I bid you both a very good night." Snape said, "Good night, Albus." Harry said, "Good night Professor Dumbledore." Dumbledore smiles as Snape leads Harry out of the office. Snape leads Harry up to Gryffindor Tower. Snape said, "I'll take my leave now, Harry. I am exhausted after the adventure we had tonight. I am sure you are, too." Harry nods, "Yeah, I am a bit tired, dad. I just need to finish my homework, before I go to bed." Snape hugs him and said, "Good night, Harry." Harry hugs Snape and said, "Good night dad." They let go and smile. Snape leaves for the dungeon as Harry said the password and enters the common room. Harry finds Ron and Hermione awake. He sits with them and tells them everything that happened, since Hermione left Dumbledore with the time turner. Ron said, "So, that's how you've been getting to your classes." After Harry finished telling them, he hands Hermione the time turner. Harry said, "There you go, Hermione. Snape told me to give it back to you." Hermione smiles and takes the time turner and pockets it. Hermione said, "Thanks, Harry. I think I'll return it to Professor McGonagall after breakfast. I'll talk to Professor McGonagall about dropping a few classes, too. You both are right, I can't do this many classes. It's too much." Harry smiles, "Do you want to help us finish our homework, Hermione?" Hermione smiles and said, "Sure, Harry." They take out their homework and begin working on them, with Hermione helping them occasionally.

The following day at noon, found the castle almost deserted. The heat and the end of the exams meant that everyone from 3rd year and up, was taking full advantage of the final Hogsmeade visit. Neither Harry, Ron and Hermione felt like going to Hogsmeade, so the 3 of them went outside, still talking about the events of last night. They sit near the lake to relax. Suddenly, a shadow falls over them. They look up to see Hagrid, smiling. Hagrid said, "Guess what?" Harry, Ron and Hermione said, pretending to look curiously at him, "What?" Hermione said, "Beaky! He escaped! He's free! Been celebrating all night!" Hermione smiles, "That's wonderful!" Hagrid said, "Yeah. Can't have tied him up properly. I was worried this morning mind you. Thought he might have met Professor Lupin on the grounds. But Lupin says he never ate anything last night. That he had been asleep. He's packing now, of course." Harry said, "What? He's packing? Why?" Hagrid said, "Leaving ain't he? Resigned first thing this morning. Says he didn't want to risk hurting anyone in his werewolf form, even though he took the potion Snape made for him." Harry gets to his feet and said, "I'm going to see him." Hermione said, "But if he's resigned...." Ron said, "Doesn't sound like there's anything we can do?" Harry said, "I don't care. I still want to see him. I'll meet you back here." The office door was open as he arrived. Harry sees that Lupin had already packed most of his things. The tank that held the grindylow was now empty. The tank stood next to his old suitcase. His suitcase was opened and nearly full. Harry knocks on the door. Lupin turns from gathering the rest of his things, and smiles upon seeing Harry standing there. Harry said, "I just saw Hagrid. He said you resigned. It's not true, is it?" Lupin said, "I'm afraid it is." As he starts taking the contents out of an open drawer. Harry said, "Why?" Lupin said, "Draco Malfoy's father learned from the Ministry that I was working at Hogwarts. He knows that I'm a werewolf. He told his son, who then told all of Slytherin House. The news spreaded like wildfire. So of course, students wrote to their parents about it. By this time tomorrow, the owls will start arriving with letters from parents. They will not want a werewolf teaching their children." Harry said, "You're the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher we've ever had! Don't go!" Lupin shakes his head, and resumes emptying his drawers. While Harry was thinking of a good argument to make him stay, Lupin said, "From what Snape told me, you saved the lives of both Buckbeak and Sirius. If I'm proud of anything I've done this year, it's how much you've learned." Lupin puts the last few books into his suitcase and closes the desk drawers. Harry said, "So, about the Marauders." Harry adds, "Dad told me about the Marauders. If you're Moony, Sirius is Padfoot and Peter Pettigrew is Wormtail, what did dad go by when he was at school?" Lupin smiles, "He went by Prongs. Remember when I said, that James and Sirius transform into huge creatures to keep me in check?" Harry nods, "Yeah, I remember." Lupin said, "You've seen what Sirius transforms into, right Harry?" Harry nods again, "Yeah, a big black dog. Wormtail can transform into a rat." Lupin said, "Correct. James transformed into a stag." Harry said in awe, "Wow...." Harry suddenly thinks of something and said, "Professor Lupin?" Lupin said, "Yes, Harry?" Harry said, "How did you know my name, Professor?" Lupin smiles, "Because, I knew you were James and Lily's son. When I saw your eyes, I immediately realized that they were identical to your mother's.... Lily. I'm sure you get that a lot, don't you, Harry?" Harry chuckles, "Yeah, I do, Professor." Lupin chuckles in response. There was a knock on the door. Harry and Lupin look at the door, to find Dumbledore standing there. Dumbledore said, "Your carriage is at the gates, Remus." Lupin said, "Thank you, Headmaster." Lupin picks up his suitcase and empty tank and said, "Good bye, Harry. It has been a real pleasure teaching you. I feel sure that we will meet again someday." Harry said, "Good bye Professor." Lupin smiles, then looks at Dumbledore and said, "Headmaster, there is no need to see me to the gates, I can manage." Dumbledore said soberly, "Good bye, Remus." Lupin moves the tank slightly, so that he can shake Dumbledore's hand. After shaking hands, he nods to Harry and smiles, then leaves his office. Harry sits down in the chair Lupin had vacated, looking sad. He hears the door close which makes him look up. Dumbledore was still there, looking at him. Dumbledore said, "Why so miserable, Harry? You should be very proud of yourself." Harry said, "I wish Lupin could have stayed...." Dumbledore said, "As do I, Harry, but alas, it is not meant to be." Harry sighs in response. Dumbledore said, "This morning, Sirius called me via the floo network and told me all about how they became animagi. An Extraordinary achievement. Not least, keeping it quiet from me." Harry smiles as Dumbledore smiles at him. Dumbledore leads Harry out of the office. Dumbledore said, "We will be needing another Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher for when term begins." Harry said, "Yeah, we always end up needing one every year." Dumbledore nods in agreement and said, "Indeed." Dumbledore smiles, "I shall leave you to be with your friends, Harry. A headmaster's job is never done." Harry smiles, "Ok, Professor Dumbledore." Dumbledore smiles, then leaves, heading in the direction of his office. Harry heads back outside to find his friends. Nobody at Hogwarts knew what happened, the night Black was acquitted,  Buckbeak had vanished and Pettigrew was arrested. The only ones who knew were, Ron, Hermoine, Dumbledore, Snape and Harry himself. Harry heard many theories, but none of them were even close to the truth. Malfoy was furious that Buckbeak had vanished. He was convinced that Hagrid found a way to get him to safety. He looked outraged that he and his father had been outwitted by a gamekeeper. Though the weather was perfect and the ambiance was cheerful, Harry was still feeling a bit glum. He wasn't the only one, all of Harry's Defense Against the Dark Arts class was feeling glum about Lupin resigning. Seamus said, "I wonder what they'll give us next year?" Dean said, "Maybe a vampire." The exam results came out on the last day of term. Harry, Ron and Hermione had passed all of the subjects they had taken. Harry was happy that he passed Potions. Percy received top grades for his N.E.W.Ts. Fred and George had managed to get a handful of O.W.Ls. Gryffindor House won the House cup for the 3rd year running. Thanks to their victory in winning the Quidditch Cup. At the end of term feast, the hall was decorated in red and gold, with the Gryffindor banners hanging proudly. The Gryffindor table was the noisiest out of them all. Harry ate, drank and laughed with his friends as they enjoyed the end of term feast.

That night, after Harry, Ron and Hermione finished packing, Hermione said, "I went to see Professor McGonagall this morning, before breakfast. I've decided to drop Muggle Studies." Ron said, "But you passed your exam with 320%!" Hermione said, "I know, but I can't stand another year like this one. That time-turner was driving me mad. I've handed it in. Without Muggle Studies and Divination, I'll be able to have a normal schedule again." Ron said, "I still can't believe you didn't tell us about it though. We're supposed to be your friends." Hermione said severely, "I promised I wouldn't tell anyone." Ron turns to Harry and said, "Harry, you've got to come and stay with us. You can bring your dad. I'll fix it up with mum and dad. I'll call you through the floo network. It's the Quidditch World Cup this summer! How about it, Harry? Come and stay, and we'll go and see it! Dad can usually get tickets from work." Harry smiles, "Yeah, I'll ask dad about it. I'll let you know, Ron." Ron smiles in response. Harry joined Ron and Hermione in a few games of Exploding Snap. After playing Exploding Snap, Hermione said, "Harry, what's that thing outside your window?" Harry looks out the window to see a small gray owl hovering outside the window. Harry saw it was carrying a letter that was too big for it. Harry opens the window to let the owl in. The owl zooms into the room and drops the letter onto Harry's bed. Then it starts to zoom around the room, looking pleased with himself, for completing the task. Hedwig clicks her beak disapprovingly. Crookshanks sits up in his seat, following the owls with his eyes. Ron sees Crookshanks watching the owl, and decides to grab the owl, safely out of harm's way. Harry picks up the letter, as it was addressed to him. Harry rips it open and reads it. Harry said, "It's from Sirius!" Ron and Hermione said in unison, "What?! Read it aloud!" Harry reads the letter:

Dear Harry,

I hope this letter finds you well. Buckbeak and I are safe and sound in my childhood home. I won't tell you where my home is, in case this owl falls into the wrong hands. I have some doubt about his reliability, but he is the best I could find. He did seem eager for the job. I would like to apologize for the fright I think I gave you that day last year, when you were leaving with Snape from his house. I had only hoped to get a glimpse of you, before starting my journey north. I think the sight of me alarmed you. If ever you need me, your owl will find me. I'll write again soon.

Sirius

P.S. I thought your friend, Ron, might like to keep this owl, as it's my fault he no longer has a rat.

Ron's eyes widened as he looks at the owl. The owl hoots happily. Ron said, "Keep him?" He looks closely at the owl, then to Harry's and Hermione's surprise, he holds the owl out for Crookshanks to sniff. Ron said, "What do you reckon, Crookshanks? Definitely an owl?" Crookshanks purrs in response after sniffing the owl. Ron said happily, "That's good enough for me. He's mine." After talking for awhile about Black's letter and Ron's new pet, they went to bed. The following morning, Snape and Harry shrunk their luggage and pockets them, then went to Hogsmeade Station to see Ron and Hermione off. They had already sent Hedwig ahead to meet them at home. Ron and Hermione hug Harry as they said their good byes. Harry hugs them back as he said good bye to them. Ron and Hermione gets on the Hogwarts Express and finds a compartment for them to sit in. They look out the window at Harry and Snape. After everyone got on the train, the warning whistle blows. Doors were closed as the last of the trunks and cages were put on the train. The conductor said, "All Aboard!" As he climbs aboard the Hogwarts Express. Ron and Hermione start to wave at Harry as the train starts to move. Harry waves back at them, smiling. Once the train was out of sight, Harry lowers his hand. Snape said, "Ready to go home, Harry?" Harry nods, "Yeah I'm ready, dad." Snape smiles as he said, "Take my arm, Harry." Harry takes hold of Snape's arm and holds on as they disapparate home. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

701 6 22
REWRITTEN! Harry Potter lost his twin sister last year, he now has no idea what to do. Problems happen in the muggle world, and in the wizarding worl...
2.5K 57 13
Aiden Black's adventure started two years ago, when he first arrived at Hogwarts and became best friends with Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione...
24.7K 611 35
This story is currently being edited and the new version will be posted on AO3 when it is complete x For 12 years she believed her parents to have be...
42.5K 1.5K 60
It's 10 years later and everything has changed. Sirius was taken away all those years ago and you haven't spoken to him since. You and Severus have g...