ROYAL BLOOD | THE WHITE PRINC...

By arios2004

In which Nora of Lancaster continues to fight for her family and their rightful place on the throne of Englan... More

ROYAL BLOOD
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45

32

1.1K 48 10
By arios2004

ROYAL BLOOD
— 32. Father's Son

Henry and Lizbeth laughed as they made their way through the boat, trying to maintain balance. The boat rocked slightly, causing Lizbeth to fall back against the wall. She turned to Henry, smiling as she found her lips just inches away from his.

As she went to lean forward, the boat shifted the other way. Henry fell back against the wall across from her and soon enough, Lizbeth's chest collided with his.

Henry was quick to grab her waist and steady her before she fell, causing them both to laugh in amusement.

Their foreheads pressed against one another as they looked into each other's eyes, both of them smiling.

Lizbeth took a step away from him, giving her husband an almost seductive look before she entered one of the storage rooms of the boat. Henry followed soon after her, his lips curling upwards.

The moment they entered, Henry had closed the door and Lizbeth whipped herself around to face him. She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck and wasted no time kissing him.

Lizbeth began to walk backwards, until she tripped and fell onto a large pile of sacks of grain. She grunted but began to laugh as she looked up at Henry.

Henry laughed as well, beginning to untie his breeches while Lizbeth began to lift up her skirt.

Once untying his breeches, Henry made his way back over to Lizbeth, whose legs immediately wrapped around his waist as they kissed once more.

Several moments later, Henry and Lizbeth sat on the ground together. Henry had his arm around Lizbeth, whose head rested on his clothed chest. Their faces glowed with sweat as they panted for breath, both of them smiling.

"That was very improper of us," Lizbeth commented, causing Henry to quietly laugh as he ran his fingers through her hair, "What would your mother say about us, the king and queen of England, fucking in the lower deck of a ship?"

"Well, then it's a good thing she's not here," Henry responded, earning an amused look from Lizbeth as he pressed a kiss to her forehead, "You amazed me back in Spain. Who knew you could speak Spanish?"

"I speak many languages," Lizbeth admitted, lifting her head to look Henry in the eyes, "Doesn't mean I tell people. It's a hidden weapon. I make people think I don't what they're saying to figure what they're saying when they think we don't understand them. And when I've heard enough, that is when I speak up."

"And did they say anything of importance?" Henry asked and Lizbeth smiled, shaking her head in response.

"Nothing true," She admitted, leaning forward to press a kiss to his lips.

"I must admit, though, seeing you shock Isabella like that..." Henry trailed off, leaning forward to press a kiss to Lizbeth's exposed neck before he moved closer to her ear, "It made me want to have you right then and there."

Lizbeth giggled, snuggling to Henry's chest as he pulled her closer to him. "Of course it did. You always want me," She pointed out, earning a small smile from Henry, "But who could blame you?"

Henry laughed, shaking his head at Lizbeth's ego. "You're so full of yourself."

"I have reason to be. I got everything I wanted out of life," Lizbeth confessed, causing Henry's smile to fade.

"Everything?" He asked, an uneasy look on his face.

"Everything," Lizbeth repeated, nodding her head in response, "I have you, a husband who loves me and I have four beautiful, healthy children, some of which might be a handful at times, but I love them nonetheless. That's all that truly matters to me, Henry. You and our children. Remember that."

Henry nodded in response, smiling as he leaned forward to kiss Lizbeth. "I love you," He whispered to her softly.

"As I love you," She replied, pressing her lips against Henry's as they kissed passionately.

____

  At Westminster Palace, Sir Richard Pole busted into the chambers he shared with his wife, causing her to immediately sit up.

"What is it?" She asked, a concerned look on her face.

"The boy has crossed the River Tweed at Coldstream. King James rides with him, and his army," Richard explained, causing Maggie's eyes to widen in alarm.

"No!" She gasped, feeling deeply worried.

"Wake Prince Arthur. We'll take him to the royal apartment in the Tower for his safety," Richard insisted, turning on his heel before he rushed out of the room with Maggie following after him.

___

On their way to their next stop on the Pilgrimage, the group was suddenly stopped when a monk began to ride toward them on horseback.

"My Lady, the King's Mother," A man named Kofi called out as he rode toward them on horseback, "I've come to hasten you to Beaulieu."

"We are going there on pilgrimage," She informed the man in a calm tone.

"You must come quickly," Kofi insisted, causing Margaret to realize something was wrong, "Cornwall has risen up and they are marching this way bound for London, armed with pikes and staffs."

"Cornwall?" Margaret gasped, a shocked look on her face.

"They are angry at the new tax. Scotland has invaded, and now Englishmen are taxed to pay for soldiers to defend us. They say the York Pretender leads the Scottish into England," He explained, much to Margaret's disbelief.

"Oh, he cannot. No, he cannot," Margaret argued lowly as she shook her head.

"Please, come quickly," Kofi pleaded, a sincere look on his face.

Margaret nodded and both Harry and Kathy exchanged a look before riding alongside their grandmother on horseback.

Several months later, after arriving at the Abbey, Margaret stood inside with Harry and Kathy, watching as the men walked back with staffs and pikes.

Kathy watched curiously, a fascinated look appearing on her face at the sight.

As two monks walked over to them, Margaret turned to face them and Harry and Kathy soon followed her in doing so.

"You are very kind to bring us here to safety. Who knows what would've happened if you hadn't ridden out to us," Margaret explained to the men in a calm tone.

"We would've never entered heaven if you did not save you and the prince and princess from harm," One of the men replied, a kind smile on his face.

Margaret turned to her two grandchildren. She looked down at them for a long moment before turning to look at the two men who stood before her.

"You have no library here," She announced in a kind tone, "I will have one built and stocked for you."

"You're very kind, Your Grace," The man responded, bowing to Margaret in thanks, "We are in your debt."

Kathy turned her head, looking back out the window with a curious look on her face. "When they have passed, we will return to London. God does not smile upon my pilgrimage."

____

"How many?" Henry desperately asked as he rode into Westminster alongside Lizbeth and a few guards and toward Sir Richard, Lord Stanley, Bishop Morton, and a few others on their council, "How many does the boy have with him?"

"We believe it is five thousand," Sir Richard answered in a calm tone.

"All Scottish, or have others joined his cause now as well?" Lizbeth questioned, a deeply worried look on her face.

"They say the boy has fourteen-hundred mercenaries from Germany and Flanders," Lord Stanley replied, much to Henry and Lizbeth's dismay.

A few months later, Henry and Lizbeth entered the castle, being informed by their councilmen about the problem at hand.

"A tax was levied to raise the funds to pay our men," Bishop Morton explained to his king and queen, "We are mustering."

"But the Cornish are up in arms about the tax, and men must be dispatched to quell them too," Sir Richard added in, causing Henry to feel uneasy.

Henry and Lizbeth immediately stopped walking. They turned to face Richard, a look of disbelief on their faces.

"Well, they feel the Scottish borders are a long way from their door and they shouldn't have to pay for a war that isn't their concern," He continued on, causing Henry to sigh in defeat.

"The leaders are camped on Blackheath hoping the men of Kent will rise with them," Lord Stanley informed Henry, who slowly turned to face him.

"So I cannot muster from Cornwall, or from Kent," Henry commented in an aggravated tone, "Anywhere else? Is Essex with me? Suffolk? Or is all the south and southwest lost to me?"

Lizbeth tensed up, remembering how her father used to say about the south. They favored House York. They always would, no matter what.

Lord Stanley remained silent, causing Henry to become frustrated.

"Send men to quell the Cornish and have the rest made ready to ride North with me," Henry demanded in a stern tone.

Before he could walk away, however, Bishop Morton ended up speaking up. "And Spain, Your Grace?" He asked curiously, "Is Spain with us?"

"Make the names of those who do not come, they are against me. Hire mercenaries to boost our numbers," He instructed, ignoring Bishop Morton's question. He sighed, finally turning to look at the man to answer his question. "We have no allies."

With that, Henry walked away, but before Richard could follow him as he walked away, Lizbeth was quick to speak up.

"Where is my son?" She called out to Richard, who slowly turned to face her, "Where is Prince Arthur?"

"He is in the Tower, Your Grace. For his safety," He replied in a calm tone, "And Prince Harry and Princess Katherine return from their pilgrimage with My lady The King's Mother. They are under guard."

Richard bowed his head to her slightly, just before walking away.

Lizbeth watched him walk away, beginning to feel uneasy about yet another war starting in England.

_____

In his chambers, Henry stood in place, allowing his squires to assist him with placing on his armor.

Lizbeth sighed, glancing down at the sword that was laid out on the table near the window. It made her think of Arthur, seeing as though he used to have one just like it.

She ran her fingers over the shiny blade for a moment, admiring it. It took her a moment, but after a brief while, she picked up the sword and began to walk over to Henry with it.

The servants stepped away from Henry, bowing to their king and queen.

Lizbeth walked past them, wasting no time with placing the sword in its sheath.

Henry's eyes widened, shocked that Lizbeth would even dare to touch the sword she hated so much while knowing its backstory.

"I thought you didn't like me using this sword," Henry pointed out and Lizbeth sighed, slowly lifting her head to look him in the eye.

"It's still yours. My mother gave it to you long ago because she knew you would make good use of it. That's still true. You won two battles already with this sword. It's time for you to win one more," She explained, smiling softly at her husband.

She walked back over to the table, picking up the dagger before bringing it back over to Henry. He smiled at her, watching as she sheathed that blade as well.

"There are two things I never went to battle without. This sword and Jasper. I have the sword, but I don't have Jasper," Henry confessed, a disappointed look on his face.

"He's still with you, Henry," Lizbeth assured her husband as she cupped her face in his hands, "He always will be. No matter what. His strength rides with you onto the battlefield. As does mine."

Henry looked down at Lizbeth, noticing the look on her face. "I suppose that is what you hate about being queen. You cannot join me on the battlefield as the soldier you are at heart," He confessed and Lizbeth sighed, nodding her head in agreement.

"Just defeat this pretender, Henry," She pleaded in a soft tone, "Defeat him for us both."

"I will return to you the victor. I promise," Henry assured Lizbeth, who nodded as he cupped her face in his hands, "I love you."

"And I, you," She replied, wasting no time kissing her husband.

Moments later, Henry and Lizbeth began to walk down the hallway, only to stop when they saw Margaret walking toward from the opposite end of the hallway, holding the hands of both Kathy and Harry.

"I prayed, Henry," Margaret confessed in a confident tone as Henry and Lizbeth stopped walking, allowing her to make her way toward them on her own, "I was obedient to the Lord. But now, the boy has come against you—"

"Harry, Kathy, come," Lizbeth demanded as she held out her hand to them both.

Harry and Kathy wasted no time obeying their mother, causing Margaret to frown in concern. Lizbeth wasted no time wrapping her arm around Harry while Kathy stood beside Henry, who protectively placed a hand on her back.

He turned to Lizbeth, exchanging a look with his wife. He leaned forward, pressing a kiss to her lips. He was on the verge of walking away, only to have Kathy grab onto his hand.

"Don't go, Father," She pleaded, causing Henry to look down at his daughter to see that she was on the verge of crying, "I'll be all alone."

"I'll return," Henry assured Kathy, wasting no time kneeling in front of his daughter.

"Promise?" Kathy asked, a concerned look on her face.

"I promise," Henry nodded, smiling softly at his daughter, "Now, come here."

Kathy smiled, wasting no time hugging her father, who pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

Henry stood back up, turning his attention to Harry, who was paying no mind to him. He sighed, exchanging a look with Lizbeth before walking away with his men.

___

Lizbeth was shocked when only a few days passed and Henry returned with his men, none of them looking as though they had experienced the slightest bit of warfare, which confused her.

She wasted no time running out of the castle toward her husband, who was climbing off his horse.

"It is over," Henry informed his wife with a smile on his face, making his way toward her after he removed his helmet, "He withdrew."

"Henry!" Lizbeth sighed in relief as she ran into his arms.

Henry wrapped his arms around his wife, smiling as Lizbeth leaned forward and smashed her lips against his.

After a moment, she pulled away, continuing to stare at him lovingly as he told her all of what happened. "He did not have the will to fight me," Henry informed her in a bright tone, "He could not bring himself to take up arms against God's own anointed king."

Lizbeth stared up at Henry, her eyes widening as she began to smile widely at the news. "He ran?" She asked and both she and Henry began to laugh in amusement as he nodded his head, "Well, then, he is not a York. He is no son of my father's. Nor a true child of Nora of Lancaster. No child of theirs would ever run from a battle. Everyone in Europe knows that. no one will believe his claim again."

Lizbeth smiled happily, leaning forward to kiss him again. She slowly pulled away, cupping his face in her hands as she kissed him on the lips again and then his cheek. "I want you..." She trailed off, smiling as she kissed him again, "In my bed, right now.

Henry laughed and kissed her back. "Your wish is my command, my queen," He responded, causing Lizbeth to chuckle as well.

_____

Hours later, Henry and Lizbeth laid naked in bed, Henry's arms wrapped around Lizbeth with their fingers intertwined.

Henry smiled, looking down at Lizbeth with so much love in his eyes, more than he ever had before. "We have been married nearly eight years and as each day passes, I find myself loving you more than I did the day before, if that's even possible," He confessed softly, earning a small smile from Lizbeth, "Ever since we met as children, I hoped we'd have this and we do and I have never been happier."

"Nor I," Lizbeth agreed, a soft chuckle escaping her parted lips. She grabbed ahold of his hand, beginning to press soft kiss to it.

"Do you ever regret it?" Henry suddenly asked, causing her to stop to turn to look at him.

"Regret what?" She frowned, not knowing what he meant.

"Choosing me over your mother and sister?" Henry questioned, a worried look on his face. He found himself wondering about it constantly for the past seven years, but only at that moment did he grow the courage to finally ask her.

  "You would think I would, but I do not. I am happy with my choice. I love you and I love our children," She confessed without hesitation and Henry gradually began to smile, "And if my mother hates me for that, she is a hypocrite. She did the same thing once and she did it for a man she wasn't even married to. A man who was betrothed to another. She even let my father execute her mother. I would never allow such a thing to happen. Even after what she's done."

Henry remained silent, slowing nodding his head as he continued to smile.

Lizbeth smiled, slowly turning to face him as they kissed once more. She began to kiss down his jaw and neck, causing Henry to laugh.

"Careful now, wife," Henry jokingly warned her, "Or might never end up leaving this bed."

"Sounds like a wonderful idea," Lizbeth responded, grabbing Henry by the arms to push him onto his back before she climbed on top of him.

Henry stared up at Lizbeth, a smile on his face as he moved the hair out of her face. She leaned forward, wasting no time kissing Henry as their fingers intertwined.

____

"What was he thinking!" Nora shouted angrily after reading the letter she received from England, "After all that I have done for him? How could he do this?"

Cecily, Margaret, Lizzie, and little Marie looked up at Nora as she began to take out her frustration.

"He leaves the battlefield to greet an infant," Nora complained and Cecily stared up at her, looking at her as though she were crazy.

Hadn't Edward done the same for her twice when she was giving birth?

"Her time came early, Nora," Lizzie informed the woman in a calm tone, "He was fearful."

Nora turned to face the women, holding out her letter toward them. "King James says that he has had his money wasted," She informed the group, a furious look on her face, "He is threatening to make his peace with Tudor. The boy should not have done this," She paused, letting out a large sigh in defeat, "He does as he pleases. He is behaving like..."

"Like a King? Like his father?" Cecily suddenly asked and as Nora turned to her with wide eyes, the elder woman began to smile, "Don't you recall the birth of your son Arthur, Nora, or has it been that long? Edward left his battle early once it was clear House York was the victor, just so he could see you when he learned you had given birth to his child. He traveled all the way across England, still wearing his armor, still covered in dirt and his enemy's blood, just to see the woman he loved and his firstborn. He did the same to greet you after you had given birth to George. He walked right into a castle filled with his enemies, just to see if you were both safe and healthy after the birth. Only then did he return to the war."

Nora stopped pacing, staring up at Cecily with her eyes widened in realization. "He is his father's son."

   "A young king who doesn't have his priorities set right but is destined for greatness, just as his father was," Margaret added in, agreeing with Cecily.

"A young king who now has a son of his own," Nora pointed out, a smile forming on her lips, "A York heir."

Lizzie chuckled, causing Nora to continue smiling as she turned to look at her. "Henry will be murderous," She commented, causing the entire group to smile in victory.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.3K 959 21
Grace FitzRoy and Cecily Neville were two sides of one deal. On Loveday in the year 1458, when York and Lancaster came together ceremonially to recon...
50.7K 1.4K 85
- πΈπ‘šπ‘π‘–π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘  π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘ π‘’, πΈπ‘šπ‘π‘–π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘  π‘“π‘Žπ‘™π‘™ - It's the year 1485 and King Richard III has been slain at the battle of Bosworth along with his...
108K 4.5K 94
~π•­π–Šπ–™π–—π–†π–žπ–†π–‘ π–Žπ–˜ π–”π–“π–‘π–ž π–™π–π–Š π–‡π–Šπ–Œπ–Žπ–“π–“π–Žπ–“π–Œ~ Born the youngest daughter of Charles I, Duke of Bourbon, Constance of Bourbon grows up am...
32.5K 1.1K 73
You think you know a story, but you only know how it ends. To get to the heart of the story, you have to go back to the beginning. πŸ‘‘ Madeline Brando...