3

ROYAL BLOOD
— 3. Traitors

      After Duchess Cecily, Eliza, and the rest of her family were brought to the throne room, Nora and her daughters were led in the opposite direction by Lord Stanley

Lizbeth glanced around, feeling uneasy as she watched the banners sporting the white rose of House York being let down.

Her father was probably turning in his grave.

He worked so hard to put House York on the throne and now, it was all for nothing.

"There is to be no welcome for the promised Queen of England?" Nora asked, letting out a large scoff, "And here I thought you Tudor men couldn't get anymore barbaric and ill-mannered."

"It seems Henry has lost his manners, but I think we already knew that," Lizbeth added in, a small smirk on her face.

Stanley stopped walking and turned to give Lizbeth a warning look. "My step-son is the King. You will address him as such," He warned her in a stern tone before he turned to address Nora, "He will see you when he's seen the traitors."

He stopped walking, allowing Nora and the rest of the girls to walk past him. "The others that loved Arthur," He commented as Lizzie walked past him.

She looked uneasy and Lizbeth quickly locked arms with her sister to make her feel better. "Ignore him, sister," She whispered to her in a hushed tone, "He'll get what's coming to him soon enough."

Once arriving at their room, Katherine was the first to walk in, immediately feeling disgusted by the state of the rooms. It was in no way a room fit for a princess.

Sir Thomas walked in then, Nora, Lizbeth, and her sisters following him in.

"These are not the queen's rooms," Nora complained to Lord Stanley, not liking the idea of her eldest daughter not getting the rooms she was supposed to have as Queen of England.

"The king's mother, my wife, has those," He informed Nora, causing Lizbeth to scoff loudly.

"Of course she does," Lizbeth rolled her eyes, "I would expect less nothing from her."

"It seems she's already made use of her newfound power," Nora continued on, adding into what her daughter had said, both of them knowing it was the truth.

"My wife has them as First Lady of the Court," Lord Stanley informed them, causing Lizbeth and Lizzie to exchange an amused look.

"What kind of made up title is that?" Lizzie suddenly asked, but Lord Stanley decided to ignore you.

"I'll bring some ladies to attend you," He told them before leaving the room.

Once he was out of sight, Lizzie and Lizbeth made their way over to Nora, who stood near the window.