ROYAL BLOOD | THE WHITE PRINC...

By arios2004

In which Nora of Lancaster continues to fight for her family and their rightful place on the throne of Englan... More

ROYAL BLOOD
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45

31

1.1K 45 6
By arios2004

ROYAL BLOOD
— 31. Spanish Princess

In the courtyard of Westminster, people assisted each other in packing up the king and queen's belongings for their travels to Spain.

Henry walked through the courtyard, making sure everything was going according to plan. He looked up, his eyes locking on Kathy, who was watching him through the window.

Henry gave his daughter an apologetic look, knowing she had wanted to go with him to Spain, but of course, she couldn't.

Kathy practically glared at her father once seeing the apologetic look he was giving her. She turned on her heel, walking away from the window.

"Godspeed, Your Grace," Sir Richard suddenly spoke up, causing Henry to turn away from the window to see the man walking over to him with Maggie following close behind him, "We're returning to our home in Wales."

"I have an honor to bestow upon you," Henry informed the man, making his way over to him and Maggie, "I'll make you Gentleman of the Privy Chambers to Arthur, Prince of Wales. You'll be his tutor and his guardian in my absence."

"It will be my pleasure," Sir Richard responded, bowing to Henry alongside Maggie.

"I can think of no one better than a loyal Tudor soldier who reminds me of my uncle," Henry continued on, a smile on his face.

"We will take him home with us today," Maggie replied, causing Henry's smile to fade as he turned to look at her.

"No, you will stay here with him at the palace, Lady Pole," He informed her, much to Maggie's dismay.

"But..." She trailed off, turning to look at her husband, "Our son is..."

"He will be brought here," Henry assured her in a calm tone, "I will send men to collect him."

"Of course, Your Grace," Sir Richard responded, bowing to Henry once more, "Will we tend to Prince Harry as well?"

"He will be left in my mother's care. As will my daughter, Princess Katherine. She is fond of them both and they may pull her from her grief," Henry informed the duo in a calm tone, "The three of them are going on a pilgrimage together."

Henry sent them both a smile. With that, he began to walk away. Richard bowed to his king, just before turning his attention to Maggie. "Small mercies anyway," He told his wife, sighing in relief, "Those two are handfuls, especially when they are together."

Maggie forced a smile on her face, slowly nodding her head in agreement.

_____

During their pilgrimage, Harry and Kathy rode on horses beside their grandmother, whose horse rode in between theirs. Guards surrounded them, but the group of three paid no mind to them.

"First we will go to Wimbourne Minster. Where I grew up and where my father is buried," Margaret informed the two children, who were clearly her favorite grandchildren, in a calm tone.

"Was he a king?" Kathy asked, a curious look on her face.

"He was a sinner," Margaret replied, clearly holding disdain for her father, "Sometimes I fear God is punishing me for it."

"Why couldn't we go to Spain with Father?" Harry complained in a disappointed tone, "Or stay with Arthur?"

"You are the second son," Margaret informed the duo in an obvious tone, "And your sister is a daughter. Your father's eldest daughter. While your brother will be king, Harry, you may be pope."

"What about me?" Kathy questioned, a curious look on her face.

"You will marry a prince. A handsome one, at that. You have inherited your looks from your mother. That is one thing you can be thankful about getting from her. It will have many men wanting your hand in marriage," Margaret explained in a calm tone.

"What if I don't want to marry?" Kathy spoke up, a careless look on her face.

Margaret turned to her eldest granddaughter, a look of disbelief on her face. "You are a princess. You must. It is your duty as the daughter of a king."

"If I become King, I will never make Kathy marry. She can stay with me and become my most top advisor," Harry suddenly added in, but Margaret paid no mind to it.

"Perhaps, but you will not be king. Arthur will. And women are never advisors to a king," Margaret pointed out to the duo, not realizing that she was being a hypocrite and the two children had realized it.

"You are," Kathy pointed out and Margaret rolled her eyes at the duo, remaining silent.

Kathy and Henry turned to each other and exchanged a look, giggling.

____

Henry and Lizbeth linked arms as they walked together through the port, waiting to board the ship.

Henry laughed alongside his wife, the two of them speaking of Harry and Kathy. "I wonder how much trouble and misery they're causing my mother," He commented, causing Lizbeth to chuckle.

"Quite a lot, I'm sure," Lizbeth smiled at her husband, "But it was her idea to take them both. Not ours. If I were her, I would have thought twice about taking them both together."

"They're quite a handful together, aren't they?" Henry asked as they both stopped walking and turned to face each other fully.

"Arthur tells me they pick on him," Lizbeth confessed, letting out a sigh in defeat.

"How is Arthur going to let his younger brother and sister pick on him?" Henry complained and Lizbeth gave him a knowing look.

"Have you met them?" She sarcastically asked and Henry sighed, knowing she had a point.

"Perhaps you're right," Henry commented and Lizbeth was quick to respond.

"I know I'm right," She responded, earning a playful eye roll from Henry.

He wrapped his arms around Lizbeth's waist, smiling as he pulled her closer to him. He wasted no time kissing her and Lizbeth smiled, immediately kissing him back.

_____

In Burgundy, Nora and George locked arms as they made their way over to his horse together. Cecily, Margaret, and Lizzie stood close behind them, Margaret holding the hand of little Marie.

"Scotland brings you one step closer to your kingdom," Nora told her son, a large smile on her face as she glanced over at Cathy, who was readying her horse to leave with George, "But...As they have yet to pledge their support, you will need to bring that York charm of yours into play. A trait you most definitely get from your father."

George stopped walking. He smiled, turning to face his mother after hearing her words. "You miss him. I do, too," He confessed and Nora nodded her head, trying to contain her sadness at the thought of George officially leaving for battle on that day.

George wasted no time hugging his mother, hoping it would make him feel better. "Goodbye, Mother."

"Goodbye, my son," She told him as she hesitantly pulled away from the hug and looked up at him, "You must be safe. I refuse to lose you as I did your brothers and sisters."

"You won't. I will win and I will restore our family to glory, just as Father would want me to," George confidently told his mother, who smiled at him proudly, "I will show them what it feels to lose what they love."

"I am so proud of you, George," She told her son as she grasped his hands tightly, "And if your father were here, he would be, too."

She sighed, taking one last look at her son before looking over at Cathy, who had her hands on her pregnant belly.

She smiled, making her way over to the woman carrying her grandchild. "Make him happy," She insisted in an almost pleading tone, "But not so happy he forgets his cause."

"It is a shared cause now," Cathy assured her, smiling at the mother of her husband, "And I shall give him whatever strength he needs to succeed."

"Perhaps, but you should also keep some for yourself," Nora reminded Cathy, smiling as she placed a hand on the girl's belly, "And make that child a boy."

"If I am as lucky as you were, I will have many boys," Cathy boasted, causing them both to smile as they linked hands and made their way over to the girl's horse.

George smiled, watching as his mother and wife walked away for a moment. However, he soon turned his head, immediately noticing how worried Cecily looked due to his departure.

"You needn't fear for me, Lady Grandmother," George assured the woman, a smile on his face as he grabbed her hands and held them in his own, "This work is God's work. And He will decide the outcome. Always remember that."

George continued to smile, lifting the woman's hands to press a kiss to her knuckles.

George began to walk away, on the verge of letting go of Cecily's hands. However, she pulled him back toward her, looking deeply into his eyes.

After a long moment, she pressed a kiss to his hand, just before allowing him to walk away. George sent his grandmother a small smile and with that, he finally walked over to where Lizzie stood with Cathy and Nora, allowing him to say goodbye to his sister.

Cecily sighed, making her way over to Margaret with an uneasy look on her face. "I doubt sometimes that it is even him," She confessed, watching as George rode off on his horse with some guards and Cathy.

Margaret frowned, turning to look at her mother with a puzzled look on her face. "You have had seven years of calling him your grandson."

"But...But the boy I knew had different eyes," Cecily stammered and Margaret continued to stare at her as if she were losing it, "I'm sure they were green."

Margaret sighed, wasting no time shaking her head. "You're mixing him up with Arthur, Mother. Arthur was always the only one of Edward and Nora's children to ever have green eyes like his father. Katherine and Lizbeth had brown eyes and the rest had blue eyes like their mother," She explained in a calm tone, giving Cecily a knowing look, "You're afraid of losing him. As I am. As we all are. But his destiny is to destroy that creature, Henry Tudor, and bring us back our peace."

"Is it?" Cecily questioned, raising a skeptical brow at Margaret, "Or is just Nora's and your vengeance that would take another innocent boy's life? My grandson's life if you are right when you say that is him."

Cecily sighed, shaking her head at Margaret before she walked away without another word said.

____

In Spain, Lizbeth and Henry grasped each other's hands as they made their way toward the front of the infamous castle that was Alhambra Palace.

They let go of each other's hands as they watched a group of men made their way toward them.

"King Henry. Queen Elizabeth. I am Rodrigo de Puebla," The man introduced himself, bowing to the English duo that stood before them, "Welcome to the Alhambra."

Lizbeth smiled politely at the man, she and Henry wasting no time following the man into the castle.

They entered, stopping when Rodrigo bowed to a man and woman who were sitting on thrones that were hidden behind a yellow curtain.

"Your Graces," Rodrigo suddenly called out to Henry and Lizbeth, "Princess Catalina of Aragon."

Lizbeth's eyes widened, watching as a group of people began to clap in sync as a beautiful girl no older than Arthur made her way through the crowd to stand in the front.

She began to run in a circle as the other danced a stage choreography. Catherine soon joined in and Lizbeth began to smile, impressed by the whole ordeal.

The dance soon ended and Catherine fell to her knees, her arms extended outwards as the others left.

Lizbeth and Henry turned to look at each other, both of them smiling.

With that, Catherine turned on her heel and walked out of the room while Rodrigo stepped forward. "Your Graces. I present Queen Isabel de Castile and King Fernando de Aragon. Protectors of the Catholic Faith. Our country's beloved mother and father."

Slowly, the curtain was pulled back, revealing Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand.

"Your Graces," He gestured toward Lizbeth and Henry, slowly stepping back so the four monarchs could speak, "I present King Henry VII of England and his Queen, Elizabeth."

Henry smiled politely as he bowed while Lizbeth maintained as emotionless expression as she did so.

"Thank you for the wonderful dance. We are most charmed by your daughter. We are honored to visit your most beautiful palace," Henry spoke up and Lizbeth sighed, knowing for a fact his flattery sucked and it would most definitely not work on a person like Queen Isabella of Castile.

There was a long moment of silence, causing Henry to feel uneasy before he continued on. "It has long been my wife and I's wish to form an alliance between our two great nations with the marriage of our son and heir, Prince Arthur, and Princess Catherine."

"We will speak in Spanish," Queen Isabella suddenly snapped at Henry, causing him to frown since he didn't know the language.

Despite knowing the language, Lizbeth remained silent, not wanting to give it away just yet. She wanted to see what they'd say when they believed neither of them didn't know Spanish.

Rodrigo sighed, wasting no time stepping forward with an uneasy look on his face. "Your Grace," he called out, politely bowing to his queen, "The King speaks only English, French, and Flemish," He informed his queen and king while Lizbeth turned to look at Henry, who was beyond uneasy.

"You saw our daughter, Catalina," Isabella spoke up in English in a calm tone, glancing between Henry and Lizbeth, "She is beautiful and rich. Daughter to the mightiest land in Europe."

"Have they rid themselves of the two pretenders and Nora of Lancaster?" Ferdinand suddenly asked his wife as he turned to look at her, the two of them beginning to speak in Spanish to each other.

"No, they have not. Our daughter, the most prized possession on the marriage market, and they come here too weak to put their own house in order," Isabella explained and Lizbeth tried her hardest to remain calm, "Look at him. Such a weak king. Even as we stand here now we can see his wife holds all the power. He continues to turn to her for wisdom and encouragement as we speak, having none of his own to use. She is mother's daughter indeed. Ruling through a weak man because she's not allowed to do so herself."

"Your Grace," Lizbeth suddenly spoke up in Spanish, causing Isabella to look slightly shocked while Henry turned to his wife with wide eyes as well, "You're right. I am mother's daughter. And just like she had when she was a girl, I was taught the majority of the languages spoken in Christendom, starting with Spanish and French. I am teaching my sons and my eldest daughter the language as well so that they may speak with Princess Catalina as I am already able to when she comes to court." She explained and despite not knowing what his wife was saying, Henry began to smile proudly due to the fact that mighty Queen Isabella seemed to be shifting uncomfortably in her seat after Lizbeth's sudden revelation of being able to speak Spanish.

"If it's true, then, of what they say of you being your mother's daughter, beating around the bush bores you and you agree that there is no need for it," Isabella explained and Lizbeth immediately nodded her head.

"I do agree, Your Grace," Lizbeth responded, a calm look on her face.

"Then, let's get to the point," Isabella paused, giving Lizbeth a stern look, "Dispose of the two York claimants. The boy who says he is your brother and the Earl of Warwick in the Tower. And most of all, your mother. No matter what they've always said about her not wanting the throne, she is and always will be a claimant because of who her father was. She is what is fueling that boy's power. Get rid of her."

"The Boy is an imposter and—" She began to say, only to have Isabella cut her off.

"He wins support alongside your mother, they bring a war, and soon there is a different king," Isabella explained, causing Lizbeth to let out a large sigh, "Why should we give our daughter to a throne that will be snatched from under her? Be rid of them. And the Earl of Warwick."

"If our countries are united—" Lizbeth began to explain to Queen Isabella, who ended up cutting her off once more.

"Oh, we strop the threat for you?" Isabella questioned, letting out a large scoff, "My daughter is to be your line of pikemen in the sand? Your army? Your cavalry? Your armor? No!"

Lizbeth tried to contain her anger. She turned to glance at Henry, who gave her a questioning look as Isabella continued on.

"When there is only one heir to the English throne, then we talk about a marriage. Until that say, we do not sign. England is alone," Isabella explained and Ferdinand smiled slightly, satisfied by the whole ordeal.

However, both he and Isabella were impressed by how calm Lizbeth looked as she stood before them, not seeming to feel uneasy in the slightest as most would be in her position.

"Are you clear now on what you must do?" Ferdinand asked and Lizbeth nodded her head.

"I think the little girl understands me perfectly," Isabella butted in in a venomous tone before gesturing toward Henry, "Say it is about the Pope."

Lizbeth sighed, balling her hand into a tight fist as she tried to contain her anger. She turned to Henry, who continued to wait to ask her what they were talking about. "She says both Arthur and Catherine are very young. She wishes for a papal dispensation. That will take time," She explained to Henry before turning to look back at Isabella, who stared at her closely.

Moments later, Henry and Lizbeth walked through the gardens of the palace together, ready to return home. "So she will write to the Pope and he will grant it, and we will have our alliance."

"If her wishes are met, then yes," Lizbeth answered, causing Henry to raise a brow at her as she continued to walk together.

_____

At the church they had stopped at, Kathy and Harry felt out of place as their grandmother attended yet another mass.

At the end of it, Margaret had knelt before the altar as Kathy and Harry knelt in the doorway, finding themselves bored out of their mind.

"How long is this going to go on for?" Harry asked his sister in an impatient tone, causing Kathy to shrug.

"I don't know, but I hope not for long because I'm bored," Kathy complained, not realizing how loud she had become, which had led to Margaret shushing them both.

She merely rolled her eyes and turned to Harry, who immediately nodded in agreement. "I'm bored too," He whispered, causing Kathy to smile in amusement.

Just then, the sibling duo watched closely as Margaret stood up. She turned to face the priest who had walked in and handed him a large bag of gold. "More masses for his soul," She told the man and Kathy tilted her head, a hint of curiosity in her eyes as she watched the scene occur.

The moment they returned to their horses and traveled in the direction of the next stop on their pilgrimages, Kathy was quick to ask her grandmother about the whole ordeal that had happened at the previous stop.

"Why did you give the priest gold?" Kathy asked her grandmother curiously, "Did you buy something from him? I don't remember him handing you anything after you gave him the gold."

"In giving, I receive not an object, Kathy, but grace," Margaret replied, causing Harry and Katherine to roll their eyes since they were expecting to hear something interesting and fun, not some more talk about God and His giving, "If you dedicate yourself to God, then everything you do will be His will. Though you may sometimes doubt Him, His will is the light that guides your hand in everything you do. Even when the thing you do is costly to your person."

"How many do we have to visit?" Harry complained, exchanging an aggravated look with his sister.

Margaret sighed, looking annoyed as she glanced between the two children. "As many it takes to hear His voice."

"I hope it's soon," Kathy spoke up bluntly without a care in the world, "I'm hungry."

Margaret rolled her eyes and Harry agreed with her sister. But what was expected? They were always like that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.3K 959 21
Grace FitzRoy and Cecily Neville were two sides of one deal. On Loveday in the year 1458, when York and Lancaster came together ceremonially to recon...
50.7K 1.4K 85
- πΈπ‘šπ‘π‘–π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘  π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘ π‘’, πΈπ‘šπ‘π‘–π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘  π‘“π‘Žπ‘™π‘™ - It's the year 1485 and King Richard III has been slain at the battle of Bosworth along with his...
245K 7.4K 123
- πΉπ‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘šπ‘Žπ‘¦ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘–π‘”π‘› - It's the year 1464 and Eleanor Woodville lives at Grafton Manor as one of the younger daughters of Jacqu...