Sardonic - The Originals (The...

By EzraLord

**Sequel to 'Indebted' And Prequel To 'Lovesick'** It's been a year since Wolfgang Nachtstern walked away fro... More

Disclaimer
Cast
Playlist
Chapter 1 - 'What Do You Want Me To Do?'
Chapter 2 - 'I Like Her Spirit.'
Chapter 3 - 'Who's Next?'
Chapter 4 - 'Mikael?'
Chapter 5 - 'I'm To Just Be Ignored Then?'
Chapter 6 - 'That's An Honour That Belongs To You.'
Chapter 7 - 'We Kill Him Properly This Time.'
Chapter 8 - 'Once Again, Wolfgang Saves The Day.'
Chapter 9 - 'Let's Talk About Your Offer.'
Chapter 10 - 'Merry Christmas, You Dumb Cunt.'
Chapter 12 - 'Do I Not Get A Cool Spirit Animal?'
Chapter 13 - 'Well, Love, Welcome To Your First Torture Session.'
Chapter 14 - 'I'm Here For The Free Food.'
Chapter 15 - 'I Always Pay My Debts.'
Chapter 16 - 'Bourbon And Betrayal.'
Chapter 17 - 'I'll Just Kill Everyone, Simple.'
Chapter 18 - 'I Should Have Done That A Long Time Ago. '
Chapter 19 - 'I Made A Promise, This Is Me Upholding It.'
Chapter 20 - 'Stab Her In The Back - Probably Literally.'
Chapter 21 - 'Step Into The Light.'
Chapter 22 - 'Isn't There A Saying About Stones And Glass Houses?'
Chapter 23 - 'What's A Wedding Without A Little Murder?'
Chapter 24 - 'I Am The Karaoke King, Okay?'
Chapter 25 - 'Consider This Me Making Amends.'
Chapter 26 - 'All My Children In One Place.'
Chapter 27 - 'I Love A Good Party.'
Chapter 28 - 'The Three Of Us, Who Would Win?'
Chapter 29 - 'I Fucked Up.'
Chapter 30 - 'Could You Pass The Wine? It's Right Next To The Deceit.'
Chapter 31 - 'Decisions, Decisions. All Of Them Wrong.'
Chapter 32 - 'You Can't Expect Me To Do This.'
Chapter 33 - 'In Any Case, I'm Going To Need A New Therapist.'
Chapter 34 - 'Should I Be Flattered?'
Chapter 35 - 'My Therapist's Gone Crazy.'
Chapter 36 - 'My Sexual Promiscuity Is Not What's Being Questioned Here.'
Chapter 37 - 'Breaking Hearts Is What I Do.'
Chapter 38 - 'This Is For The Best.'
Chapter 39 - 'Shut Your Mouth Or I Will Kill You.'
Chapter 40 - 'Death Is Never The End.'
Chapter 41 - 'Let's Find Out.'
Chapter 42 - 'Murder The Bastard That Took Her From You.'
Chapter 43 - 'Do Whatever It Takes.'
Chapter 44 - 'I Advise That You Be Careful.'
Chapter 45 - 'I Won't Hesitate To Put You Down.'
Chapter 46 - 'Welcome Back To The Land Of The Living.'
Chapter 47 - 'I Don't Break My Word.'
Chapter 48 - 'Chicago Is My City.'
Chapter 49 - 'In The End, We're Family.'
Chapter 50 - 'The Demon King Of Chicago.'
Chapter 51 - 'I Decide Who Lives And Who Dies.'
Chapter 52 - 'Love Is The Greatest Power In The World.'
Chapter 53 - 'Everything I Touch, I Destroy.'
Chapter 54 - 'I'm Seeking Repentance For What I'm About To Do.'
Chapter 55 - 'Elijah Mikaelson Is Dead.'
Chapter 56 - 'Honour Elijah's Memory And Be The Man He Saw You As.'
Chapter 57 - 'I Was Born To Kill The Unkillable.'
Chapter 58 - 'Goodbye, My Friend.'
Chapter 59 - 'That, Most Definitely, Is Not Good.'
Chapter 60 - 'Destroy Whoever Stands In The Way.'
Chapter 61 - 'We Can't Save Her If They Don't Fear Us.'
Chapter 62 - 'I Am Aware Of Her Feelings For Me.'
Chapter 63 - 'I'm Going To Kill Every Last One Of Them.'
Chapter 64 - 'I'm Avenging Hayley.'
Chapter 65 - 'A Broken Heart Is Never Truly Fixed.'
Chapter 66 - 'I'm Not In The Habit Of Deflowering Virgins.'
Chapter 67 - 'Pain Is Just Another Enemy to Overcome.'
Chapter 68 - 'Hope Andrea Mikaelson.'
Chapter 69 - 'You Are The Most Extraordinary Person I Know.'
Chapter 70 - 'Always And Forever.'

Chapter 11 - 'There's A Woman In My Dreams.'

1.8K 45 4
By EzraLord

Klaus drove steadily to the safe house. Cami was in need of his help and she had to be safe. That was Klaus' priority at the moment. Wolfgang met them at the door alongside Hayley, who was holding Hope tightly. Wolfgang frowned at the hybrid and shook his head.

"Less tight, but keep it firm." Wolfgang commanded. Hayley obeyed and adjusted her hold over her daughter before she turned to Wolfgang as Klaus and Cami approached.

"You're really good at that." Hatley commented and Wolfgang nodded in reply. A slight smile played at his lips now that Hope had stopped fussing, "You'll pick it up. I just have more experience."

"I don't wanna intrude or anything." Hatley continued, realising that she knew next to nothing about the vampire. And yet, Wolfgang continued to intrigue her with his layers of mystery. "But do you have kids, Wolfgang?"

"Had." Wolfgang corrected her. His smile dropped as he spoke, a profound sadness in his eyes. For a moment, Hayley thought he might cry, "I had a son. But that was a long time ago, in another life."

They were interrupted by Klaus, who quickly walked up to Hayley and planted a kiss on Hope's forehead. He turned to Cami, who was in awe of the adorable child before her.

"Cami, this is Hope." Klaus introduced. Cami paused for a moment as she processed his words.

"But I thought you said -" Cami began before she returned her attention to the baby, taking hold of her and bending down to play with the infant, "She's perfect."

"Why's she here, Niklaus?" Wolfgang asked. Klaus frowned at the use of his full name and shook his head.

"Finn's on the warpath." Klaus explained before he turned to Hayley, "I'm sorry, Little Wolf, but we have to return to New Orleans."

Hayley frowned but nodded nonetheless before she handed Hope over to Klaus.

"Must be hard for you to leave Elijah." Wolfgang called out. Hayley paused and turned to face the vampire, eyes wide, "Supernatural hearing, try to be quieter next time."

Hayley looked shocked and walked away before Wolfgang sighed and sat down on the porch, "Hard to imagine Elijah is getting some and I'm not. Though with Camille here, that might change."

Klaus growled at Wolfgang's words and the vampire smiled before he bared his fangs at him. Cami sighed at the rise in testosterone and snapped her fingers.

"Yoohoo, right here." Cami said and Wolfgang smiled at her before he calmed down. It was clear that he had only said it to get a reaction out of Klaus, which he had.

"Watch your mouth." Klaus warned, "Even if I can't kill you, I have ways of making you suffer."

Wolfgang shuddered as he thought back to the twenty years he had spent dessicated at Klaus' hands. It was not an experience he would like to repeat.

**********

Wolfgang was sat in a chair as he sighed deeply. Apparently Klaus had arranged for Cami to give him a therapy session.

"I don't need this. I have a PhD in psychology already." Wolfgang sighed and Cami piqued up at his words.

"Then you should know that you need help." Cami replied and Wolfgang settled into the seat with a huff.

"I'm going to do what I do with Klaus. You're going to talk about a period in your life and I'll ask you questions." Cami began. Wolfgang rolled his eyes and poured himself a drink, "So, what do you want to talk about?"

"Let's start at the beginning." Cami suggested. Wolfgang let out a deep sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Okay, in the beginning there was God..." Wolfgang started and Cami glared at him, silently telling him to cut the crap.

"Fine. In the year 1302, there was a witch named Antoinette. Antoinette was given the gift of foresight. One day she had a vision that a hybrid would rise from the blood of the doppelganger and burn the world to the ground."

"Your mom had a crazy vision of Klaus?"

"Just let me talk, okay?" Wolfgang said, "Her coven, Der Zerkel Der Sieben Shwestern, practised dark magic and reached out to the spirits. One in particular came to their aid - Esther Mikaelson. Under the instruction of the Original Witch, the coven devised a plan to create a living weapon to destroy Klaus and then all vampires."

"So your entire existence was engineered for the sole purpose of killing Klaus?" Cami asked and Wolfgang nodded.

"Bearing that in mind is probably the reason why I'm so messed up. I grew up with a dismissive mother who wanted to make me commit genocide, my younger sister was a relentless, psychopathic bully and the closest thing that I had to a father was Mikael, who only wanted to create a weapon to kill Klaus."

"You don't want to talk about your past because that's not what's troubling you, so what is?" Cami asked. Wolfgang sighed as he thought back to what was on his mind and also what Esther did to him.

"I'm going to need privacy for this." Wolfgang said as he pulled out a bag of sage and a lighter. He put the herb into the bowl and set it on fire, casting a privacy spell.

"I thought you were a vampire." Cami observed and Wolfgang nodded.

"The lighter has the privacy spell in it so that all I need to do is burn the sage." Wolfgang explained before he got down to business, "You asked what's troubling me? There's a woman in my dreams."

"And that concerns you?" Cami asked, not understanding Wolfgang's issue. The vampire nodded and poured himself another glass of whiskey.

"My mind is a safe haven. It's the only place I have complete control over but this woman is in my head. I don't know who she is or how I know her but I've been dreaming of her for days now."

"The problem is you fear losing control."

"The problem is that I have dissasociative identity disorder." Wolfgang replied before he expanded, "I suppressed my urges to kill Klaus to the point where I formed another personality hell-bent on killing him."

"So you have episodes?" Cami asked and Wolfgang shook his head. It wasn't that simple.

"I managed to have a witch tie this other personality to my humanity switch. He only comes out if I turn it off." Wolfgang explained. Cami nodded before she sighed.

"Well, there's nothing else I can really do." She sighed before she took Wolfgang's whiskey and downed it. The vampire watched her curiously before he got up and walked off, the mystery woman on his mind.

**********

Wolfgang held up the broken snooker cue as he ran the knife along it's edge, smoothing it out. Elijah joined him shortly after and Wolfgang threw him the other cue.

Wordlessly, the two vampires circled each other, their makeshift stakes raised like swords. Then Wolfgang charged. Elijah bought his cue up and parried the blow, stepping back and to the side. Even though they were both taught to fight by the same person, Wolfgang could already see the differences between his and Elijah's fighting styles.

Elijah thrust forwards and Wolfgang brought up his cue to block it, Elijah's sliding along the outer edge before Wolfgang took the opportunity to hit him. Elijah stumbled back and readjusted his grip before charging at Wolfgang. Deciding to stop toying with him, Wolfgang smoothly widened Elijah's arm with his blade and forced it into an arc, disarming him.

The vampire surged forward and struck Elijah across the face with the cue before stabbing the broken snooker cue into his heart.

As Elijah turned grey from his dessication, Wolfgang let out a sigh and ran a hand through his dark hair. For now at least, his bloodlust was sated but Wolfgang knew it wouldn't stay that way for very long.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52K 818 24
Book I of the Elizabeth Gerard Series "If one were to not know you, Elijah Mikaelson, one would say you are trying to woo me." "And what if I am?" ...
96.7K 1.4K 30
Klaus and Alora were married but a few months after Esther turned her kids into Immortals Alora was poisoned and "died." But in reality she never di...
208K 6.1K 58
Ranked #23 in #klausmikaelson stories ☺️ *** "Did I make the great Klaus Mikaelson care for someone like me?" *** in which Rebekah returns to take ca...
412K 8.7K 39
ΰΏβ˜†*:・π₯𝐒𝐭𝐭π₯𝐞 𝐰𝐒𝐭𝐜𝐑 ━━━ ❝ SHE HAS NO IDEA OF THE POWER THAT SHE HOLDS ❞ in which a sixteen-year-old girl contains power that she cannot cont...