SPARK ; lunch club

By lemonadeleaves

a collection of platonic short stories involving the lunch club boys (+ a few other streamers). enjoy! 🎠🍊🏡... More

intro!
road trip - t.n.
sunflower - w.s.
jokester - c.d.
the night is young - c.s.
cotton candy - t
sleepycraft - j.s.
posted - c.d.
flash photography - t.n.
lofi beats to relax/study to - n.h.
pimp chimpin' - j.s.
hey ... you're finally awake! goodbye :)

111 days - j.s.

6.9K 96 40
By lemonadeleaves

a/n: i'll be calling schlatt 'jay' in this and most other stories that include him. i feel like people close to him don't call him schlatt, idk man lmao

"Is today the day?"

You sipped your water as you sat on Jay's bed, looking at him in his chair in front of his desk. He adjusted his baseball cap and sighed, he was used to you asking the same question every few days.

"I don't know... how long has it been?" he asked, turning the fair around to face you.

"Like, around a hundred days, at this point," you replied. You couldn't remember the exact number, but Twitter stans sure could. You had an undercover fan account, just to see what people had to say about your roommate and his friends. Also to post photos of Jay that you'd taken, only for all the replies to be 'oomf where'd you get this??'

"Really?" he said. "Damn, I thought it was more." He put a hand over his mouth, resting his elbow on the chair's armrest. He didn't speak for a while, he looked too deep in thought. Or just tired, considering he had woken up an hour ago. At 6:30 pm.

"That didn't answer my question," you said.

"Ok, and?" he asked. "I don't work for you."

"The way you talk about it makes it sound like a horrible upcoming event, it's just a stream, dude," you pointed out.

"I know, I know..." he said. "I'm just thinking... maybe it is the day."

"Oh?" you questioned. "You're actually gonna do it?" You made your way over to his desk as he turned back round to face his main monitor. You leaned forward on the back of his chair, seeing his blank expression reflected on the screen.

"Maybe, I don't know," he said. "It's been so long, what if no one watches? Why would anyone wanna watch a guy who hasn't done his job in over three months?" His tone was different. Anxious, even.

"Jay, you've been posting on YouTube pretty consistently, you're doing your job," you said. "And you know your fans, I see tweets everyday wondering when you'll stream again, people will watch." He let out a deep sigh.

"Yeah, I know, but the worry's still there, maybe it's safer if I stick to YouTube for now," he replied. "The more I think about it, the more I don't wanna do it."

Neither of you spoke for a while. Comfortable silence feel between you two, but you could still sense the argument he was having with himself. To stream or not to stream, that was the question. He rubbed his face and groaned.

"What do you think I should do?" he asked you. You thought for a moment before answering.

"First, do actually wanna stream?" you asked. "You shouldn't do it if you don't want to, Jay."

"I mean, kind of? I miss streaming but I also like doing just YouTube videos right now," he said. "And my recent ones have been doing really well."

You hummed in response. "Okay, so maybe try streaming for a bit tonight, a chill game like Animal Crossing or something, and see how you like it. If you do, great! Maybe you'll start streaming consistently again. If you don't, you can go back to doing just YouTube," You added.
He nodded.

"Yeah, that makes sense." he said. "Thanks, (Y/N)."

"Anytime, my guy," you replied, standing up. "Hey I was gonna order dinner, what do you want? You need to eat something other than Hot Pockets," you said.

"Hey, don't fuckin' diss Hot Pockets in my presence," he said, you could hear his smile.

"Again, you didn't answer my question," you said, also smiling. You made your way to his door, you needed to grab your phone in your room.

"We could get Five Guys?" he said, turning his chair around to face you again.

"Sure, that works. You want your usual?" you asked, leaning in his doorframe.

"Yeah," he said. He turned the chair back around to face his monitor once more. With that, you turned to go back to your room, where you grabbed your phone to order your food You ordered Jay's usual along with yours, deciding to go on Twitter once you finished. You decided to tease the fans, tweeting only this:

wouldn't it be crazy if like. schlatt streamed tonight. like what if that happened. probably not though lmao

You spent the forty minute wait for your food scrolling through the app, liking and replying to fans' tweets. It was crazy how a guy you only considered your friend/roommate meant so much to so many people. How much of an impact he had on the lives of thousands. But he was just another friend to you. Just the guy you lived with.

A knock at the door signaled that the food was here, and a quick "I got it!" from Jay signaled that you didn't have to move yet. About a minute later, you decided you should go eat, so you got up and made your way to the kitchen. Seeing that Jay had already taken his food back to his room, you did the same with yours, grabbing the bag and heading back to your room.

About an hour later, you were getting some work done on your computer when you heard Jay walk in your room. "What's up?" you said, not looking away from your screen.

"I'm gonna do it," he said. That made you look up at him.

"Really?" you said. "Like, actually, deadass gonna stream?"

"Yeah, it's been a while," he said, looking off towards the wall. "I'll ask chat what they wanna see me play, since it's been so long."

"Well, I'm glad you're doing it, Jay," you smiled.

"Thanks," he smiled back before sighing. "Well, better go do it before I talk myself out of it again," he smiled towards the end. With that, he turned around to walk back to his room, closing his door behind him. You decided to get and close your door as well, both of you were working, after all.

A few minutes later, you got a Twitch notification on your phone:

jschlatt is live: ПРОСНИСЬ! WAKE UP!

You smiled as you opened Twitter to a frantic timeline:

GUYS OH MY GOD

SCHLATT SCHLATT SCHLATT SCHLATT SCH

AHHH IM YELLING IM CRYING IM SO HAPPY

OOMF WAS RIGHT WTF????

Y'ALL MY HEART STOPPED AT THAT NOTIF-

Tens, maybe even hundreds of tweets of ecstatic fans rolled in every second, you couldn't help but be happy for Jay and his adoring fans. You couldn't even imagine how much this meant to them.

You decided to open the stream on your computer, so you opened a new tab and went to Jay's Twitch page, seeing his 'starting soon' screen, accompanied by an extremely excited chat, almost all yelling and in disbelief. A few seconds later, the screen was replaced by Jay's face, causing the chat to go even crazier.

"Hey guys! It's uh, it's been a minute, huh?"

{1153}
i know he basically said he quit streaming and i'm totally fine with that, he's been enjoying youtube more, but i just thought this was a fun idea. but his videos have been really funny recently, especially the babysitting mama one
anyways hope you enjoyed this long ass one shot lmao, and tysm for 1k reads! feel free to comment requests for more!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

912K 38.6K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
73.1K 2K 23
If you've got a big ol crush on Peter Parker like me than look no further for a random fantasy to dive into instead of worrying about actual life. I...
12.5K 191 22
your parents are shark boy and lava girl guppy is your little sister You had a very rough childhood since you were five you are now 14 and still don'...