RUNES (A Runes Book 1)

By Authorednah

Seventeen-year-old Raine Cooper has enough on her plate dealing with her father's disappearance, her mother's... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 12

28.9K 991 132
By Authorednah

12.  PARTY PLANNERS

I entered Doc’s geography classroom and looked around for Eirik and Cora. Our coach also taught geography and psychology, and most members of the swim team often hung out in his class before the first bell.

Today they were in the back of the room, where Torin and the Dahl sisters were holding court in opposite corners. Cora was among the girls surrounding Torin. Jess hadn’t arrived yet, but as soon as she did, the other girls would melt away. Eirik and a few guys lounged in front of the class, so I headed their way.

He pulled me down onto his lap, his arm possessively around my waist.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“St. James is throwing a swim party tomorrow at his place and they,” he nodded toward the corner where Maliina and Ingrid were charming mostly guys, “are throwing one, too. They have a pool; he doesn’t.” Eirik grinned. “Can’t wait to see how this plays out.”

From the large group of girls surrounding Torin, Maliina and Ingrid didn’t have a chance of luring more students to their party. Guys tended to go where the girls were. Andris was still missing since the fight with Torin, so he’d be no help. Where had the silver-haired Immortal disappeared to anyway?

My eyes met Torin’s, and my stomach contracted. His expression was hard to read. I hadn’t spoken to him since the closet fiasco, and I felt like crap. It was as though a part of me was missing. As though someone had carved a hole inside my chest and every day it expanded.

He, on the hand, seemed to be enjoying himself with Jess. They were inseparable. He didn’t attend any of my other classes except math, but she always walked him to class. I had tried to keep from staring at them, especially during lunch, but like someone compelled, I always did. Each time, I’d find him staring at me. Part of me longed for him, wished I was with him, while another part knew it was better this way. I only hoped the pain would lessen with time.

I didn’t see him at home either anymore, except for the purr of his Harley as he came and went. Every time, I wondered whether he was going to Jess’ place or if he had been with her. At least he hadn’t taken her to his place. That would kill me.

As if dealing with the two of them that wasn’t bad enough, there was Maliina. Every time I turned around, she was watching me, waiting. Sometimes I wanted to yell at her to do her worst. Maybe then Torin would come to my rescue and my self-imposed exile would end.

“I’ll go with St. James,” Tim, a junior freestyle sprinter, said.

“He’s badass, so there might be booze,” someone else added.

“I just want to check out his Harley,” another said. “That ride is hot.”

“Aw, come on,” Tim said. “You’re going ‘cause he has the girls.”

They high-fived each other.

“Which party, Seville?” someone asked.

“Neither. I’ve plans.” Eirik’s arms tightened around my waist.

I heard him, but my eyes were on Jess who’d just entered the room. She headed straight to Torin, the other girls moving out of her way. She kissed him, and a sharp sting of pain sliced through me. I’d never seen them kiss before. Watching them hurt so much I couldn’t breathe.

As though aware of my reaction, Torin glanced at me, and I saw something in his eyes I hadn’t seen before—pain, an echo of the same pain crashing through me. Next second, he was back gazing into Jess’ eyes, smiling.

I was the one who’d pushed him away, demanded space, yet I was so miserable. From what I’d just seen, he was miserable, too. The saddest part was there was nothing we could do about it. I’d never hurt Eirik, not even to be happy.

I leaned against Eirik’s chest and shut everything out, until Coach Fletcher entered the room. Everyone moved away from the back and grabbed seats. He waited until there was silence before he spoke.

“Most of you know that Kate’s funeral is tomorrow morning. The wake and service will be at Grandview Baptist Church on Fulton before we head to Northridge Cemetery. I’d like to see the swim team represented, so if you plan on attending, please sign up now. The wake will start at nine and the service at eleven.” He walked around and passed out clipboards, which had several signup sheets and pens. “I need the exact number of students attending the service so the school can provide us with transportation.”

He walked to the front of the class, gesturing to the students who’d just arrived to take seats. “The bus will meet here at eight-thirty. We’ll leave at ten-to-nine for the church. The bus will bring everyone back here from the cemetery. The transportation to and from school will be your responsibility. Any questions?”

No one spoke.

“Okay. Try to dress appropriately, which means black or dark colors. I know eulogies are hard to give, but it would be nice to have a student or two say something during the service.” He studied us. “Any volunteers?”

Silence. I wasn’t surprised no one wanted to speak. Kate had been one of those students we ignored. Shy and quiet, she’d blended with the background, except during meets when she shined brightly. Unfortunately, as soon as she stepped out of the pool, she would become invisible again. Now I felt guilty for having ignored her.

I glanced around, but no one raised their hand. My eyes met Cora’s from where she sat in the back. She mouthed, “Do it.”

I made a face. I hated talking in front of people. Seconds ticked past. It wasn’t fair. Kate was getting the same treatment she’d received while alive. Ignored.

“Going once… twice…” Coach Fletcher said, in an auctioneer’s voice, trying to lighten the mood.

Sighing, I raised my hand.

“Sold to Miss Cooper. Happy to know I won’t be the only one on the podium. If anyone else decides to join us, e-mail me. Okay, give me the clipboards on your way out.”

We got to our feet and filed out of the room. Cora caught up with us in the parking lot.

“Are we going to Torin’s party tomorrow night?” Cora asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

“I don’t know.” Eirik caught my eyes. “Do you want to go?”

My priority was seeing my medical records and writing a nice eulogy. “Depends on how I feel tomorrow.”

Cora rolled her eyes. “We’re going if I have to drag your sorry butts there. You are neighbors for crying out loud. How do you think he’d feel if you don’t go?” She glared at Eirik. “Your parents know his people and—”

“I don’t care how he feels,” Eirik retorted. I had a feeling he’d noticed the way Torin always stared at me.

“Can we talk about our plans for tonight? We have to work on the slideshow presentation, and I’ll need help with the eulogy.” I was already regretting volunteering.

“I’ll stop by your place in an hour or so,” Eirik said. “Are you two going to the hospital?”

I nodded. “Keith said to meet him around four.”

“I can come with you guys if you’d like,” he offered.

“We can do things without your exulted presence, Pretty Boy,” Cora teased.

Eirik shot her an annoyed look. “I wasn’t talking to you.”

I bumped him with my shoulder, hating that they were back at each other’s throats again. “We’ll be fine. One, you’re late for the meeting with the other editors, and two, you hate hospitals. I’ll fill you in later.”

“I just remembered we’re going dress-shopping for Raine’s Homecoming dress tomorrow afternoon,” Cora cut in, glancing at Eirik. “You’re coming with us, right?”

Eirik made a face. “No, thanks. No shopping. I’ll take you guys to Torin’s party.” He kissed me and ran off toward the media center.

Cora laughed. “Gah, men are so easy.”

“How did you know he’d choose the party?”

She linked our arms. “‘Cause I happen to know which buttons to push. I don’t understand why he hates shopping with us. He gets the front row seat to a private fashion show. Any man would kill for that.”

“Eirik is not most guys.”

Cora grinned. “I know.”

I looked at my watch. “Let’s stop by the Creperie for lattes then leave your car at my place before going to the hospital. No need to take both cars.”

***

An hour later, we sat in the hospital’s parking lot, sipping our lattes and listening to the radio. My ring tone started. Mom. I pressed the green button and brought the phone to my ear. “Did you get my message about tonight?”

“Yes, I did. Don’t worry about it. I’ll bring you guys something to eat for dinner.”

I grinned. “You’re the best, Mom.”

She chuckled. “I’ll see you tonight.”

I turned off my cell just as a song ended. “Is that Taylor’s latest hit?”

Cora stared at me blankly. “I don’t know. I wasn’t really paying attention. What time is it?”

“Three forty-five. You’re worried about this Debbie girl for nothing, you know. Keith’s crazy about you.”

“Then why hasn’t he asked me to the dance?”

“Maybe he just assumed you’d go together or he’s waiting for you to ask him.”

She widened her eyes. “That’s dumb. Men always do the asking.”

“You asked him out,” I reminded her.

Cora grinned. “That’s ‘cause he was taking forever when it was obvious he liked me.” She sighed. “I could go with you guys, but I hate being a third wheel. Oh, let’s go get this over with. Debbie can have him for all I care.”

We threw our paper cups in the bin by the entrance then stepped through the sliding, circular automatic doors. The ladies behind the desk at the physical therapy entrance were nice, but Keith frowned when he saw Cora. Maybe she had a reason to worry.

“What?” Cora asked with attitude.

“My mother’s here.” Keith glanced over his shoulder and hustled us away from the desk.

Cora frowned. “So what? She knows we’re dating.”

“Yes, but she doesn’t approve of my girlfriends coming to my place of work.”

“Girlfriends? Just how many—”

Keith pulled her toward him and shut her up with a kiss. “I’ll come to your place tonight. There’s something I need to ask you. Right now, I have to introduce Raine to Debbie then go back to work before my mother finds out I’m gone. She’s big on work ethics. Get it?”

Cora grinned. “Got it.”

“Good.” He planted another kiss on her lips. “This way.”

He led us down a set of stairs and along a hallway to a door. He opened it to reveal an office with several workstations, but only one was occupied by a heavy-set, middle-aged woman. She waved to us. I elbowed Cora, who grinned.

“Debbie, this is Lorraine Cooper, the friend I told you about, and her friend Cora. Girls, this is Deborah Keegan,” Keith said when we stopped by the woman’s desk. “Thanks for agreeing to help them, Debbie.” He squeezed her shoulder and turned to Cora. “See you tonight.”

Debbie didn’t wait for him to leave the room before she tapped on the keyboard then glanced at me. “What’s your social security number?”

I recited the nine-digit number and waited with anticipation as she typed. She glanced at me. “Just the names of the nurses?”

“Yes.”

She tilted the screen away from us as a page popped on the screen. She scrolled down, clicked, and scrolled some more, then picked up a pen, scribbled something on a piece of paper, and handed it to me. “Anything else?”

“No, thank you.” I studied the names—Gabrielle Guillaume, Kayla Jemison, and Sally Mullin. I wanted to ask her if they’d retired, but I doubted she would appreciate it. From her cold demeanor, it was obvious she was only helping us because of Keith.

We were by the door when I whispered, “I wish I could ask her if they still worked here.”

“Go ahead and do it,” Cora said.

I glanced at Debbie from the corner of my eye. “I don’t know. She didn’t seem thrilled to be helping us.”

“Oh, whatever. Are they all retired?” Cora asked, turning to face Debbie.

The woman looked up and scowled. “Excuse me?”

“The nurses,” Cora said. “Are they retired, dead, or still around?”

Debbie sighed. “There’s a Gabby Guillaume upstairs at the Women’s Center,” she said. “But I don’t know if it’s the same nurse.”

We were grinning as we left the basement and headed for the elevator. I couldn’t believe I was actually going to talk to one of the nurses who had taken care of me. “Thanks for asking her.”

Cora shrugged. “Are you excited?”

“Oh yeah.” Scared, too. I wasn’t sure what to expect.

We followed the signs to the double doors of the Women’s Center. Inside was a spacious, spa-like waiting room with soft background music, comfortable furniture with fluffy pillows, and ottomans. I shivered. Someone must have cranked up the air conditioner because the temperature in the room was cooler than outside. Through the glass walls, I could see women lounging in beds, some with their babies. A young nurse who reminded me of Marj from the swim team sat behind the large, circular nurses’ station. She wore fashionable blue floral scrubs, and her braids were in a bun. We approached her.

“Hi. We’re looking for Gabby Guillaume.”

She frowned, her eyes volleying between Cora and me. “I’m Gabby. How can I help you?”

Cora and I exchanged a glance. She was too young to have taken care of me seventeen years ago. “I think someone made a mistake. We’re looking for Gabrielle Guillaume who worked here seventeen years ago?”

The nurse frowned. “That was my aunt. I’m named after her. What is this about?”

I explained about my birth and wanting to thank her aunt. The nurse’s expression changed as I spoke, from confusion to surprise then finally wariness.

“Ooh, that’s sweet,” another nurse overheard us and said. She was short and curvy and had a kind smile. A third nurse had her back to us and was busy punching the keyboard.

“She’s thinking of nominating her for an award,” Cora said.

“The Daisy Award,” I explained.

Nurse Guillaume smiled, but it didn’t reach her eyes. “She would have loved that, but my aunt is retired now and moved back to Louisiana. If you leave your number, I can give it to her and explain what you want. If she wants to talk to you, she’ll give you a call.”

“That would be great. Thank you.” I scribbled my cell number and name on the piece of paper. “Um, you don’t happen to know Kayla Jemison and Sally Mullin, do you? They worked here with her.”

Nurse Guillaume shook her head. “That was before my time, but Aunt Gabby might know. I’ll ask her if she knows how to contact the other two.”

“Thank you.” We left the Women’s Center and entered the elevator, but I couldn’t get rid of a weird feeling about the nurse. “Do you think she reacted kind of weird?”

Cora frowned. “What do you mean?”

“I don’t know. Maybe I’m just being paranoid, but she seemed almost reluctant to help us.”

We headed to the parking lot, but just before the car started, I thought I heard a motorcycle engine roar to life. I looked around, but there was no biker. Not that I expected to catch a glimpse of Torin. He probably used rune magic to move at a super speed.

***

Eirik was talking to Torin when we arrived at my house. While Eirik crossed over to our place, my eyes connected with Torin’s. There was a flash of something in his eyes. Anger? Grim determination? I wasn’t sure.

“Hey, what took you guys?” Eirik slipped his arms around my waist and kissed my temple.

Aware of both Torin and Cora watching us, I closed my eyes and tried to savor the feel of Eirik. I’d always loved the way he smelled. Now I craved a different scent. I imagined different arms holding me, different lips kissing me. My senses leaped at my thoughts and guilt followed.

Eirik turned me around, cupped my face, and kissed me. He angled his head and deepened the contact. I welcomed the invasion of his tongue and clung to him, desperately using him to erase Torin from my mind. It didn’t work. My body knew he was just a substitute. Instead of passion, I found comfort. Instead of heat, I got warmth.

Eirik eased off the kiss and looked over my shoulder. I knew then that he’d kissed me to warn Torin off or prove something. “Let’s go inside.”

Cora disappeared with Torin while Eirik and I walked to my house. Once I finished explaining our visit at the hospital, we worked on uploading the photographs onto his computer and cropping them. When Cora finally joined us, she was quiet. Too quiet.

“You okay?” I asked, but she just shrugged.

While the two of them finished with the slideshow, I worked on the eulogy.

“I’m home,” Mom called a while later. The scent of fresh pizza reached us before she popped her head into my room. “Pizza, drinks, and wings for my hardworking crew.”

Eirik jumped up, took the box, and kissed her cheek. “Thanks, Mrs. C. I was starving.”

“You’re growing,” she teased him then gave me the bottle of soda and plastic cups.

“Thanks, Mom.”

“How’s it going?” she asked.

“Take a look.” Cora turned the laptop and tapped a key. The slides showed pictures of Kate with other swimmers—in the pool swimming, at meets, doing team cheer, at parties and dinners my coach loved to have before meets, and around town during fundraising gigs for the team.

Mom smiled and patted Cora’s shoulder. “That was beautiful. I’m sure Kate’s parents will appreciate all the hard work you guys put into it.”

“Yeah, I wish I could say the same about my eulogy,” I mumbled. I had half a page written, and it sounded pathetic.

“You’re giving a eulogy?” Mom asked, not masking her surprise.

I sighed. “Yeah, I don’t know what I was thinking when I volunteered.”

“I’m sure it will come to you, sweetie.” Mom squeezed my shoulder and disappeared downstairs.

Thirty minutes later, I threw the pencil down. “I need help, people. Desperately.”

Cora scrunched her face. “Don’t look at me. I didn’t know her.”

“You urged me to volunteer, you traitor,” I retorted.

“Since when do you listen to me?”

“Since always.” I threw a pillow at her, and she blocked it with her greasy hands. “Eew, you got pizza sauce on my pillow.”

“Serves you right for throwing it.” She kicked the pillow out of the way and glanced at Eirik. “Are you going to help or just demolish the food like a starved ex-convict?”

Eirik licked his fingers then reached for another chicken wing. “I don’t talk when I eat.”

“Grrr-ross,” Cora said, watching him suck the flesh off the bones.

He smacked his lips and winked at her then glanced my way. “Maybe you should just say a line or two and let the slideshow speak for you, Raine.”

“We’ll see.” I jumped up. “Anyone want anything else? I’m going downstairs to talk to Mom. She’s good with people and always knows what to say.”

“About everything,” Cora said.

“And everyone,” Eirik added.

Laughing, I headed downstairs. I reached the bottom and froze. Mom wasn’t alone. A familiar voice mingled with her softer voice, and my heart leaped. Torin.

As though aware of my presence, Torin looked up and stood. I swallowed, my senses soaking him as though I hadn’t seen him earlier. I walked toward them, my heart racing so hard I felt lightheaded.

“Did you finish your eulogy, sweetie?” Mom asked.

“No, I need help. Kate wasn’t very outgoing, so we know next to nothing about her,” I said absentmindedly, my eyes not leaving Torin’s. I wanted to look away, but couldn’t. His eyes held me spellbound. He watched me as though every expression on my face was of utter importance to him. “I didn’t know you two had met,” I added, my voice breathless.

“Your mother and I met a few days ago,” he said, cocking his eyebrows. “I hope you don’t mind.”

“Why should I?” My face grew warm, the conversation we’d had in the closet at school flashing in my head.

“Torin wants to know if it’s okay for him to throw a party tomorrow night for the swim team. Isn’t that thoughtful of him to ask all the neighbors first?” Mom said.

“Just being neighborly, Mrs. Cooper.”

I dragged my eyes from Torin and glanced at Mom. She wore an innocent grin, which didn’t fool me one little bit. I couldn’t help but wonder why she hadn’t told me the two of them had met. Taking a deep breath to calm my pounding heart, I focused on their conversation. “Have you spoken with Mr. Peterson yet?”

Torin chuckled. “Yeah, he’s a funny guy. He said it was no problem at all, that we should have parties around here more often.”

“Really?”

“Really. We met the day I arrived and hit it off.” He grinned. “We share a passion for unique mailboxes.”

I giggled.

Torin grinned back. “I came over to personally invite you to my party, Freckles.”

“Me? I, uh...” Did he just call me Freckles in front of my mother?

He bowed stiffly and proper like an English gentleman. “Please. It will be an honor to have you there.”

“I, uh, okay. I’ll be there. I mean, we’ll be there.” A chuckle drew my attention to Mom, and I blushed. I had completely forgotten her presence.

“It’s been a pleasure talking to you again, Mrs. Cooper,” Torin said. “I better head home. I’ve a lot to do between now and tomorrow.”

“You should ask Raine to help. She’s good with parties.”

I glared at Mom. “I can’t. We have Kate’s funeral in the morning and shopping for a Homecoming Dance dress in the afternoon.”

“That’s okay, Mrs. Cooper. I have a few friends coming over to help.”

Who? I wanted to ask, feeling jealous, but he was still talking.

“I promise to keep the noise to a minimum, but if the music becomes too loud, please, feel free to stop by and let me know.”

Mom chuckled. “Oh, don’t worry about me. I can sleep through a tornado.”

I snorted at the lie. Everybody appeared to be bending over backwards to be nice to Torin. He must have drawn be-nice-to-the-new-neighbor runes on them or something.

“Do walk Torin to the door, sweetheart,” Mom added.

I gave her a sharp glance, but she just smiled. The challenging look in Torin’s eyes told me he wouldn’t move until I escorted him to the door. Sighing, I led the way to the front entrance, my eyes darting upstairs when I reached the foyer.

“Don’t worry. Golden Boy doesn’t know I’m here,” Torin whispered. “Not that I care if he does.”

“You should. If you haven’t noticed, he doesn’t particularly like you.” I opened the door and stepped aside for him to pass.

“That’s because he knows he’s not worthy of you,” Torin whispered as he walked past me. Then he turned and added, “I wish you didn’t have to bring him tomorrow night, but I’m willing to have you anyway I can.”

His boldness didn’t surprise me anymore, but his words thrilled me even though I knew they shouldn’t. “You shouldn’t say things like that.”

“Why not? They’re true. Come on, walk me to the driveway.”

I frowned. “Why?”

“I’ve missed you.”

I’d missed him so much I wanted to close the gap between us and touch him. I opened my mouth to tell him how I felt but the words got trapped in my throat. Instead, I stared helplessly at him. The yellow security light danced on his chiseled cheekbones, the sculptured lips, the lock of black hair on his forehead, and his impossibly gorgeous eyes.

“I also know a thing or two about Kate that you might find useful.” When I still hesitated, he added, “Scaredy-cat.”

“Not.”

“What do you think I’m going to do with your mother a few feet away and Mrs. Rutledge peering at us from behind her curtain?”

Sure enough, I caught the subtle movement behind our neighbor’s curtain. I rolled my eyes and closed the door behind us. “Nosey crone,” I mumbled.

“Be nice,” Torin said. “So? Did you find any answers at the hospital?”

I smiled, getting my equilibrium back. “So that was you on the bike. Are you stalking me again?”

“It’s called guarding, Freckles. So what did you learn?”

“You want me to share info? Start by telling me what you know.”

He stopped, crossed his arms, and studied me with a wicked smirk. “Okay. Kate Hunsaker was the person behind the nicknames.”

“What?” The switch in topic caught me off guard.

“Kate was the one who came up with nicknames for your teammates.”

“Yeah. Right.”

“You are called Slinky because of your favorite slinky toy. Cora makes funny expressions when bored so she’s Eyezz. Eirik is Houdini because he pulls disappearing acts during practice. Jimmy Baines is Condor because he looks like a condor when he does butterfly. Jess is Eel…”

I stared at him with round eyes as he listed the nicknames of all the swimmers on my team and the stories behind the names, most of which I didn’t even know.

“I had no idea. How did you know? Never mind. You probably got all that from talking to other swimmers.”

He chuckled, the sound low and sexy. “Actually, no. When I recruit, I come prepared with background info on everyone on my list. So? What were you doing at the hospital?”

Still absorbing what he’d just said, which explained why he knew so much about me, I studied him. “Where do you get your information?”

“From my superiors.”

“So you know everything about me?”

“Nope, just relevant stuff. Quit procrastinating and tell me why you went to the hospital.”

“I figured that if you didn’t mark me, then someone must have.” I quickly explained what my mother had told me about my birth. “Did you know about that?”

He made a face. “No-oo. Go on.”

“My doctor didn’t have any answers, so I went to the hospital to find the identities of the nurses who took care of me. Unfortunately, they don’t live here anymore.” I explained about the three nurses and what we learned from Nurse Guillaume. “I got strange vibes from her, but…” I shrugged. “I could be wrong.”

“No, always trust your instincts. What are the three nurses’ names?”

“Why?”

“So I can track them down.”

“Without me?” I asked.

“I work better alone.”

“Not this time,” I protested. “My birth, my investigation, so wherever you go, I go.”

“You do know I can go to the hospital and get the information on my own, like that.” He snapped his fingers.

He’d have to go through Debbie first. I grinned. “Yeah, good luck with that.”

He frowned. “You know something that I don’t?”

I gave him a toothy grin. “Oh yeah and loving it.”

“One day you’ll come to trust me, Freckles.” He caressed my nose. “See you tomorrow.”

I could still feel the heat from his finger on my nose as I entered the house, closed the door, and went to join Mom. She’d been watching something on TV but turned it down.

“Freckles?” she teased.

“I hate that name.”

She chuckled. “Yeah, I could tell.”

I made a face. “Are you going to help me with the eulogy?”

Mom patted the stool next to her. “Tell me what you know about Kate?”

I sat and sighed. “Hmm, she was quiet and shy. When you talked to her, she’d just clam up.”

“Put a positive spin on these things that defined her. Quiet and shy becomes thoughtful. Clamming up just means she was a good listener.”

When Mom finished, I was grinning. I hugged her. “You’re the best, Mom.”

“Raine?” she called as I ran toward the stairs.

“Yeah?” I turned and walked backwards.

“It’s nice to see stars in your eyes.”

I made a face. “I’m going to pretend I don’t know what you mean.”

“As long as you understand what you’re getting into. Have you thought of what you’re going to do about it?”

I shook my head. “No.”

“Be careful.”

Seriously, mothers shouldn’t be involved in their daughters’ love lives.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 417 40
· Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson Saga meets The Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. ...
525K 14.6K 34
Each day she wakes up in a different body, not knowing who she is, and each night that body dies. She is the Reaper Syndrome, and she's desperate to...
309 8 65
IMPORTANT SERIES UPDATE: Due to Amazon publishing restrictions, the full version of this book and other books in the series will no longer be availab...
23 1 4
Matt wanders back into Alexs's life... injured and babbling. Why is he here? Alex doesn't have time to argue, not with Matt's life on the line. Howev...