New Rules | Choi Yeonjun TXT

By poppinstarlight

according to greek mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two f... More

¹ Pastries & Practices
² Accidental Auditions
³ Grades & Guilt
⁴ Phone Calls
⁵ Practice & Preparations
⁶ Intimidation & Idols
⁷ Contracts
⁸ [Un]familiar Surroundings
⁹ Soul-what?
¹¹ Fainted Truths
¹² Formal Introductions
¹³ Healer
¹⁴ Baby Steps
¹⁵ Closer
¹⁶ Past & Present
¹⁷ Matching & Munching
¹⁸ No Thoughts, Only Yeonjun
¹⁹ Good Mo(u)rning
²⁰ Accidents
²¹ X's & O's
²² Remedy & Remorse
²³ Last Minute Plans
²⁴ Moving Along
²⁵ Different Dreams
²⁶ Secrets
²⁷ Catching Up
²⁸ Drifting Away
²⁹ Metanoia
³⁰ Mending
³¹ Reminders
³² New Home
³³ Late Night Leisures
³⁴ Delayed Diagnosis
³⁵ Trauma and Training
³⁶ [Dis]Connecting
³⁷ Rookie Routine
³⁸ Under Suspicion
³⁹ Jenga Tower
⁴⁰ Moonlight & Sunrise

¹⁰ Not Yet

5.5K 211 30
By poppinstarlight

Yeonjun thought he'd have more time.
That he was in the clear and could continue ignoring everyone, just until the week was over.

~flashback~

As Namjoon exited the office, a blue-haired rookie coincidentally passed by.

"Hey Yeonjun!" Namjoon called out.

"Hello Namjoon-sunbaenim!" Yeonjun returned.

"You lived in the U.S. for a bit right? Would you be able to help me with something?"

Namjoon handed him your resume, lightly discussing the plans for this week. Reviewing the documents, Yeonjun was fascinated and joked about how you'd take his "legendary rookie" title.

He thought it'd be an easy job, and that he could prove himself as responsible to his sunbaenims, so he agreed.

~end of flashback~

Yeonjun had sprinted straight to the room where him and his members were staying the night.

His breathing was labored and mind felt heavy. The tattoo he over and over again tried to ignore was practically screaming at him for attention.
For him to listen.

~flashback~

"-..Yeonjun let us in." He heard his own name from down the hall where Felix and a girl had been conversing.

The nausea and soreness he had been repressing all day suddenly returned all at once when he made eye contact with you.

'It's her.' He thought.

He'd recognize you from your resume and felt the urge to to introduce himself, but quickly second-guessed his decision.

You looked tiny and admittedly cute next to Felix, who was shorter than him.

He was playing with your hair and towered over you.
Yeonjun couldn't help but think about how you'd look next to him.

Your eyes seemed to sparkle when you looked up at Felix, who Yeonjun knew used him as an excuse to come see you.

she should be looking at me like that..

Yeonjun's mind soon became cloudy, submerged in envy and ..jealousy? Regardless, he continued to smile and talk to Changbin.

'You don't even know her. Get it together.' He told himself.

~end of flashback~

The other members knew about Yeonjun's tattoo, but he failed to mention how rapidly it was appearing.

He contemplated waking them up; they needed their rest after practicing today while he was out.

Before debuting, the company informed them about the idea of soulmate tattoos.

Although they were rare, they still occurred and could potentially impact their careers and success.

Saesangs could use the tattoos against them, tattoo themselves, and impersonate their soulmate.

How would MOA react to this?

Yeonjun knew. He had your documents, including your date and location of birth. Just not the time.

But he didn't want to admit it.
It was like admitting defeat. Everything would be different and he'd have to take into account someone else's life into his own.

People said having a soulmate was a blessing, but what if it was really a curse in disguise?

~flashback~

He'd seen you. But Yeonjun didn't recognize it when he first walked into the practice room.

He was trying more to avoid your gaze, but it was practically impossible when your eyes were staring straight into his. Pleading.

Heartbeat racing in his ears, he was ecstatic yet terrified. Changbin successfully helped him avoid seeing you for the rest of the day after he decided to ignore destiny.

'Not now.'

'It can't be now. We're recording for our next album. We'll be going on tour. There's no time.'

'She's a trainee. You can't end her career before it even begins.'

But destiny always had its way.

So he ran.

~end of flashback~

A sharp sound pierced through his ears as his body collapsed to the floor.

"What- Yeonjun-hyung!" The thump on the ground caused Soobin to emerge out of his slumber.

After shaking the other members awake, he went straight to Yeonjun's side and laid him on his back.

"What happened?" Hueningkai quietly yawns.

Examining Yeonjun's body, Soobin quickly notices the ink through his shirt.

Red.
The once incomplete, black-inked tattoo now showed numbers and was red.
His skin was especially warm around his chest, almost as if it was burning.

"Beomgyu and Taehyun, go get our manager as fast as you can. Hueningkai, help me carry Yeonjun to the bed." Soobin directed the other boys.

They all immediately obeyed, Taegyu running out the door and Huening carefully grabbing Yeonjun's legs.

Soobin wondered.

If Yeonjun was like this, how was his soulmate?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 14K 12
Every person is born with two tattoos. One on each arm. One matches your soulmate, and one matches your worst enemy. However, most people have no cl...
12.8K 562 24
|| Yeonjun x Taehyun & Beomgyu || STATUS : SLOW UPDATES... ⚠️ Warnings ⚠️ : Drinking, Abuse, Smoking, Mature Themes, Love triangle, Angst, Underage S...
83.2K 7K 43
A BTS soulmate AU On everyone's eighteenth birthday they receive two significant names permanently tattooed onto each wrist. On one wrist is the name...
1.8M 61.8K 63
When soulmates turn fifteen, whatever your soulmate writes on their body, will also appear on yours. They can also feel each other's pain and heart b...