Korrasami Tale

Por Kovirasami_5

I did not right this story but I figur i would share some of my favorite stories with you all Más

A Feeling In The Morning
Asami's Secret
Graduation Bet
Avatar of the Wild pt 1
Avatar of the Wild pt 2
Korrasami Drabbles: Part 1
Korrasami Drabbles part 2
Korrasami Drabbles part 3
Korrasami Drabbles: pt 4 Stress Relief Drabble
Korrasami Drabbles: pt 5
Korrasami Drabbles: pt 6
Korrasami Drabbles: pt 7 New Years
Korrasami Drabbles: pt 8
Ride The Waves of Life
The Important Questions pt1
The Important questions pt 2
Fire Dance
BeiFong's School For Girls
Gamers
Gamers 2
Goal
The Morning After
Babies
Nightmares
Present
Family Day
Second Chances
Good Riddance: Time of your Life
Battle of Outskirts & My Heart
The White Heather & Purple Lilac
Bathroom
Brave Soldier Girl
Swapping Clothes
Graduation: College AU
Roommate AU
Roommates AU part 2
Roommate Au part 3
College AU

Lost

1.2K 17 8
Por Kovirasami_5

Asami has serious doubts lingering in her mind even after everything they've been through...

Korra knew something was wrong when she woke up to an empty bed, just like how she fell asleep. Given, Asami is a workaholic, but she always came to bed eventually. Korra shook the sleep out of her system and began the journey around the mansion to find her girlfriend. She first looked in her home office, but she wasn't there. She checked the gym, but she wasn't there. She checked the library, but again she wasn't there. Worry began growing in the pit of her stomach and she ran down the hall that led to the front door. She was going to check the garage before she decided it was okay to lose her mind, but something stopped her when she dashed past the living room. She skidded to a stop and slowly approached the couch.

Asami slept soundly with a thin blanket draped over her. Korra frowned. Why hadn't she just come upstairs to their bed? She carefully nudged her shoulder.

"Hmm? Korra? What're you doing?"

Korra sleepily chuckled. "I came looking for you when I woke up to an empty bed."

Asami slowly sat up and rubbed her head. "I'm sorry, Korra. I just crashed on the couch when I finished in the garage."

Korra still felt that something was wrong in her gut, but she smiled anyway. "It's okay, 'Sami. I'll go make breakfast."

Asami watched her as she walked to the kitchen. When she was finally out of sight, the CEO hung her head. She didn't want to hurt Korra's feelings, but something had been bothering her lately.

Korra hid around the corner and watched as Asami let her sadness show. She frowned and wracked her brain for anything that could've gone wrong lately. She decided to let Asami tell her when she felt like it and continued to the kitchen.

Asami picked around her plate once it was set in front of her. Korra watched nervously as she barely took a bite. "Asami, are you feeling alright?"

Asami barely looked up at her. "Hmm? Yeah, I'm fine. Just a lot on my mind."

"You sure? I'm here for you if you wanna talk about it."

"I know Korra, I'll talk about it when I'm ready."

Korra looked down at her empty plate. "I know…"

For the next several days, it was almost like Asami was avoiding Korra. The Avatar noticed it was more than just being busy with work. Asami was purposely busying herself with other things, like reading, working out, and working excessively in her garage.

One night, Korra stayed up to see if Asami would come to bed. It was after midnight when she finally heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Korra quickly turned over in bed to act like she was asleep. The door opened and a shadow loomed over the bed.

Asami sighed. Korra was asleep. Of course, she was, she's a busy Avatar. She had probably tried to stay up, though, like she had so many nights before. Asami wanted to crawl into bed with her and forget all about her problems, but something held her back. A single tear dripped down her cheek as she turned away. "I'm sorry, Korra."

Once the door was shut, Korra opened her eyes wide. She quickly sat up and stared at the door. What in the world was going on? What did Asami have to be sorry about?

Asami woke up to loud grunts coming from down the hall. She wandered out the spare bedroom she had slept in last night and searched for the source of the noise. She stopped outside of their home gym when she heard a loud roar from inside. She inched the door open to see what the commotion was all about. She gasped in surprise when she saw Korra beating the hell out of a punching bag. A few more punches and the sandbag flew right off of its hinges. "Gah! What did I do wrong?!" Korra yelled.

"Korra?"

The Avatar quickly spun around and nervously faced her girlfriend. "A-Asami?! Hey! How did you sleep?"

Asami rose a brow and crossed her arms. "Um, I slept fine. What's going on in here? Are you okay?"

Korra seemed to deflate at her response. "Um, just relieving some stress. Maybe you should join me."

Asami was about to approach her sweaty girlfriend until she heard the rest of her reply. "Why should I join you? I mean, I know I do sometimes but you wouldn't have said it if you didn't think I needed it." She waited for an answer, but got none. Korra simply turned away and sat on a bench. "C'mon, I'm waiting, Korra. What's on your mind?"

"If you're too busy to hear me out maybe it's not worth it." Korra said sullenly.

Asami sighed and sat down with her. "Of course I have time to hear you out. Where is this coming from?!"

Korra stood strong on her two bare feet. "I should be asking you! You've been avoiding me for days now and I don't know what I did wrong! So tell me!"

Asami gasped and was taken back. "Korra… I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be like this. There's just-"

"A lot on your mind, I know. So talk to me about it, please. Can't you see it's hurting us?" Korra asked calmly this time, spreading her arms and showing her palms.

Asami stood up and hugged herself. "I might as well just say it…"

Korra waited a minute for her to continue. "Then just say it."

Asami released a shaky breath before trying to look back up. "I think we should break up."

Korra's mind went blank. She tensed up and froze. Her mouth was dry, but her eyes were getting watery. She gulped. "Why?"

"I… I don't think I can give you everything you deserve."

Korra laughed sarcastically. "No, that's not it, I know it. Try again."

Asami sighed. Of course Korra wouldn't buy that lie. "Fine. We're both too busy and we don't get to spend a lot of time together."

Again Korra cut her off. "You could easily fix that problem by coming out of your garage. So I'm not buying this one either. You got another one?"

Asami frowned and uncrossed her arms. "Korra, I'm not playing games with you."

"I'm not either! I want the real reason!" Korra demanded, pointing her finger to the ground.

Asami sighed. She would have to tell the truth and she knew Korra wouldn't handle it very well. But Korra started rambling again. "Are you cheating on me? I didn't think you'd do that but who knows since you won't talk to me. Do you not love me anymore? Is it that simple? I bet it's something I'm doing. I am a fucking mental case."

"Korra, shut up!" Asami yelled.

Korra blinked. The room went silent except for Asami's raging gasps for air. "It's none of those things, you idiot…"

"Then tell me so I stop making crazy stories in my head…" Korra pleaded.

Asami gulped. "I'm afraid of losing you, too."

The room went quiet again as Korra processed the new info. "What?"

Asami sighed and started pacing the room. "I'm afraid of losing you! Like my mother and father! Everyone who's ever been an important part of my life leaves in the end! It's like I'm cursed or something! I don't want that to be you too. I'm trying to protect you, Korra."

Korra watched confusingly as tears appeared in Asami's eyes. She moved closer to hug her. "Asami…"

But Asami pushed her away. "You should just leave. I don't want to drag you down any more than I have. Just go."

"Asami, I'm not going anywhere. I don't care about some stupid curse on you. I love you with everything I have."

"Korra, just leave!"

"Can we talk about this some more?! Have you even thought this through?!"

"Of course I have! Why else would I have been keeping myself busy?! It's to keep those thoughts at bay but I can't stop thinking about it because I don't want to hurt you!"

Korra froze. Asami began pushing her out. "W-Wait, Asami!"

"Please, Korra, this is for the best!"

"Okay, now I know you aren't thinking right because this definitely is not the best for either of us!"

They continued arguing until they had reached the front door. Asami tried to push her again but Korra grabbed onto the doorframe. Asami growled out her name. Finally growing tired of fighting with her, she maneuvered her foot so that Korra lost her balance. The Avatar went flying through the door which promptly slammed afterwards.

Tears quickly overtook her vision and she stared at the door. "Asami…"

Korra was sitting there so long that Naga ventured from the backyard to the front porch. She nestled her wet nose against her master's cheek. Korra let out a tear-filled laugh. "C'mon girl, let's go."

Bare-foot, in a sports bra and basketball shorts and still sweaty, she began running down the street. The sky grew dark and soon her feet pattered against wet concrete.

A tired knock interrupted the boys' dinner. Bolin looked up from his noodles questionably. "Are you expecting anyone, bro?"

Mako scoffed. "No, of course I'm not. Who would I invite-" His question was answered when he opened the door. "Korra!"

Bolin stood up with noodles hanging from his mouth. "Korra?!"

Mako studied her form and quickly realized something was wrong. "Korra, what're you doing here? Did something happen?"

She gasped for air and looked between the two brothers. She wanted a hug or some sort of comfort, but suddenly felt like she shouldn't be here asking them for comfort. She fell to her knees and covered her eyes as she started bawling. "Korra!" Both men cried out. Mako instantly picked her back up and carried her to the couch. Bolin shut the door after a wet Naga followed them in.

The boys waited for her to calm down again before asking her anything. Bolin went to the kitchen to make hot chocolate while Mako tried to soothe her. They still were deeply confused as to what would make Korra so upset.

Suddenly it hit Mako like a freight train as Korra calmed down and sipped her drink. She thanked Bolin for it when she could finally talk again. Mako cleared his throat and took a deep breath. He really hoped he was wrong. "Is this about Asami?"

The tears easily reappeared and Korra started crying again. She flung herself into his arms and hugged him tight. Bolin gaped at the notion that Asami had caused this. Mako frowned as his best friend hung onto him for dear life.

"I don't know what happened, Korra, but you can stay here for as long as you need to." Mako said as he rubbed her back.

Asami couldn't concentrate on her work. She kept thinking about how heartbroken Korra had looked when she threw her out of her house. But it was for the best, at least that's what she told herself. Suddenly her intercom beeped. "Ms. Sato, someone is here to see you. Are you expecting anyone?"

"No, I'm not. Tell them to come back later. I'm busy."

"I'm sorry ma'am but-"

The door to her office was then thrown open and in walked a very angry firebender. Asami's eyes went wide. "Mako! What're you doing here?"

He kept walking until he was able to slam his hands on the desk. "Asami, I still don't know what happened because she won't talk, but you need to fix whatever happened between you and Korra. She's a fucking wreck right now."

Asami gaped at him. "W-What?! How do you know?"

Mako interrupted her. "She came to my apartment last night fucking drenched from running all of the way from your house. She just kept crying all night long and we couldn't get her to talk. Did you throw her out of your house?"

"I broke up with her, but she wouldn't listen and I had to push her out of my house, yes."

Now Mako gaped. "What? Why would you break up with her?! Everything was going great for you two."

Asami sighed and sat back down. "That's exactly why I had to cut it off. Everyone who gets close to me gets hurt."

Mako frowned knowingly. "This is about your father, isn't it?"

Bolin slowly woke up. He looked up and saw credits rolling on the television. "Huh, I must've fallen asleep. How was the movie, Korra?"

But when he looked over, Korra wasn't there. "Korra?" He called. He got up and began searching the apartment. "Korra, c'mon, this isn't funny!"

He stood in the middle of the silent apartment. He growled and dropped his head in his hands. "How did I lose the Avatar in just an hour?!"

Asami sullenly drove home as she thought about the conversation with Mako earlier. Maybe he was right. Asami wasn't cursed. It seemed kind of silly once he said it aloud. Of course she wasn't cursed. Things just happen sometimes. However, she was drawn out of her thoughts when she saw a shadowy lump on her front porch. Her heart raced and she quickly parked the car. It was pouring outside; in fact it had been raining since Korra left. She hurried to get out of the rain and ran to the porch. Her breath hitched when she made it. "Korra!"

She kneeled down next to the Avatar and felt her neck. She was breathing fine, but if she was sitting out in this weather for too long she would get sick. "Korra, get up!"

One after the other, Korra opened each eye. Asami gulped. Dark bags hung under the Avatar's eyes, showing how drained she was just after 24 hours. "Heh, hey 'Sami. Can I come back in now?"

Asami scoffed and helped her walk inside to the couch. "Korra, what were you thinking?! You could get sick sitting out in the rain like that!"

"I'm the Avatar! I don't get sick…" Korra said, passing out on the couch.

Asami's face twisted with different emotions. Why would Korra sit out on her porch when she knew she wasn't home? Better yet, how did she get back here without Mako or Bolin knowing?

She huffed and marched over to the phone. "Come get her."

Mako sighed on the other side of the phone. "She's at your house."

"Yes she is and she's now passed out on my couch."

"I'm on my way."

"Why don't you just let her stay here while you work things out? You're still good friends." Mako argued.

"I just can't think with her around right now. And if I really want to break this off I'm going to do it right by biting it in the butt now. You can take her things with you. She's not welcomed back here after she passed out on my porch."

"Asami you need to just talk to her. Please."

"She sat in the rain on my porch, Mako!"

"Okay, okay, yeah that wasn't her brightest idea but you have to understand what she's going through too right now!"

Asami sighed and crossed her arms. "I will talk to her eventually, but not right now. Please just leave."

Mako sighed and turned back to the couch, then he gasped. Asami turned around to see what surprised him. Korra was sitting ramrod straight and staring at them. "I'm not a kid. If you two wanna just keep tossing me around like a lost puppy then just tell me and I'll get out of everyone's hair."

Immediately the two went wide-eyed. They didn't want Korra to go missing for years again! "Korra it's not like that and you know it." Asami replied calmly.

"Bullshit!"

Mako's eyebrows knitted together. He leaned closer to the Avatar and smelled her. "Are you drunk?"

Korra huffed and looked away. "So what if I had a few drinks? I can do what I want!"

"Oh she is definitely not staying here with that attitude. I want both of you out of my house." Asami ordered.

Mako still had no idea exactly what was going on and was quite shocked by both women's behavior. "Okay, I don't know what is happening here but we're settling this now! Korra, you can't just go get drunk when you're upset. I thought you knew better. And you Asami, even if you want to leave Korra, she's been your best friend for years! You can't just abandon her! Or was I completely wrong about you?"

Both Mako and Korra waited for an answer from the CEO. After a minute, Asami huffed and began walking away. Korra growled and ran after her. Mako instantly grabbed her. Korra yelled out in frustration and started firebending. Asami quickly stepped back while Mako tried to control the angry Avatar.

"Korra, knock it off! You're not gonna win her back by firebending, you idiot!" Mako yelled.

"Get out of here now! If you think I'm going to stand for this then you're mistaken, Korra!" Asami yelled once she regained her composure.

Mako had no quarrel with agreeing with her this time. Korra might've just ruined any chance of getting back together.

"Are you out of your mind?! What compelled you to start firebending?!" Mako ranted on after dragging the Avatar back to his apartment. "No, seriously, I want an answer! You know how she feels about firebending still! You really are an idiot, you know that?!"

"Just shut up, Mako! I know I'm an idiot, I don't need you telling me!" Korra yelled back.

Bolin quietly stood by the wall with his girlfriend. Opal had ran over after hearing that Bolin had lost the Avatar, but now that problem was solved. But Korra created another one in the wake of it.

"You need to fix this."

"I need to fix this?! She's the one who thinks she's cursed!"

Mako growled and grabbed at his hair. "She was going to come back to you!"

Korra froze. "What're you talking about?"

"I went and talked to her. I managed to talk some sense into her and she said she would try to talk to you about it again, but then you ruined it by passing out on her porch!"

Korra practically stopped breathing. "W-What?"

Mako huffed and started turning away from her. "Yeah! She was going to ask to try again…"

Korra slowly sat down on the couch and dropped her head into her hands. "I really am an idiot."

Mako saw a few tears fall from her face and sighed. He cautiously sat beside her and rubbed her back. "Look, let her cool down for a couple of days, then we'll all help you win her back."

Korra tearfully glanced up at him, then to the other couple. Bolin smiled and gave her a thumbs up. Opal happily placed a hand on his shoulder and nodded at her. Korra chuckled in the middle of her tears. "You guys are the best."

The next day after that, Korra left a bouquet of pink Carnations on her porch. Asami blinked and carefully inspected them. There wasn't a note or anything, but Korra knew she would understand the meaning of it. However, she frowned from her hiding spot across the street when Asami gently tossed them back on the patio.

The following day, Korra left another bouquet of the same flowers along with a box of chocolates and a small love-letter. Again, Korra watched anxiously from across the street. Asami sighed and picked up the note. Slowly a slight blush appeared on her face. She glanced back at the gifts on the ground and decided she'd give her a chance. She picked up the box of candies and the bouquet of flowers, including the ones from the day prior, and brought them inside. Korra did a little happy dance in her head.

The day after that, Korra left some handmade gifts, which included a crown made out of flowers, several 'one free Avatar request' tickets, and a heart made out of clay. Korra waited for some time, but Asami never left for work that day. Korra frowned with worried and carefully snuck across the street to the house. She peered through the window, but didn't see anything in the living room. She peered into rooms she knew Asami might be in but never found her. Finally, she airbended herself onto their, well, her bedroom patio and peered through the door. She sighed in relief when she saw Asami was asleep in bed. Maybe she wasn't feeling good today. Korra frowned again as she realized that even if that was true, she wasn't allowed in to help her. She drudged back to the front porch and sat on the first step. She sat there until nightfall and Asami never ventured out of the house. Korra had peered in again several times when she heard the CEO wander downstairs to go to the kitchen. She sighed and leaned her head on one of the pillars on the porch. Soon sleep caught up to her and she fell asleep.

Asami ran frantic throughout her bedroom, rushing to get ready. She stayed home yesterday so she needed to get to work on time today to catch up on paperwork. She dashed through the front door, but ended up tripping over something on the porch. She nearly fell down the stairs if it wasn't for the thing catching her. She looked up and gasped. "Korra?! What're you doing here? I told you not to come back." Asami growled the last line.

Korra quickly let her go and the CEO stood up to straighten out her outfit. "I-I'm sorry, Asami, but you never left your house yesterday so I was worried. I'm sorry. I'll go." Korra apologized and began getting up to walk away.

Asami saw something dripping off of her arm and grabbed her before she could disappear. "Korra, you're bleeding!"

Korra blinked and brought her arm to her vison. "Huh, look at that. I must've scrapped my arm when I caught you."

"Spirits, hold on! I'll get a first-aid kit." Asami replied, running back inside.

Korra rose a brow. "Uh, Asami?! You remember I can just heal myself, right?"

Asami then returned with the small box of medicines. "I know, but I can still care of you. I did cause this after all."

"Can you still take care of me?" Korra whispered. Asami froze just as she touched the Avatar's arm. Korra frowned and looked away. "This is my fault, by the way. I fell asleep on your porch."

Asami giggled the tiniest bit. "Again. Which I told you not to do."

Korra began getting frantic again. "I-I know! I'm sorry! It won't happen again."

"At least you're not drunk this time."

Korra hung her head. "That was a mistake."

"Obviously."

"I was just so upset because I didn't know what I had done to you."

"I told you it wasn't you. It's me. I'm cursed, remember?"

"I don't care if you're cursed. I'll still be here, sleeping on your porch."

The two carefully stared into each other's eyes before they both blushed. Asami quickly finished patching up her arm and set the kit inside of the front door. "I have to go to work now. We can talk about this later, okay?"

Korra stared at her in surprise that they would have a chance to talk. "O-Okay."

Asami was about to walk away when she saw the new gifts on the ground. She picked up the wreath and, after short contemplation, decided lay it over her hair. Korra smiled when she saw her put it on. Asami picked up the clay heart and smiled as she sat it on the table just inside the door to decide where to place it later. Then Asami then picked up the envelope full of free passes. She rose a brow up at the Avatar who was blushing profusely. She tucked the envelope into her purse. "I think I'll keep those, just in case."

Korra felt so overjoyed that she thought she was going to pass out again. Then the unexpected happened. Asami leaned over and pressed a quick kiss to her cheek. Korra felt herself grow weak in the knees and smiled her signature smile.

Asami giggled and started walking to her car. "Try not to pass out, again."

Korra waved as the CEO pulled out of the driveway. "No promises."

Even though the couple seemed to be back on a good page, the rain continued to drench the town. Asami worriedly drove home. She really hoped Korra hadn't actually passed out again. She drove down her road and sighed in relief when she didn't see a shadowy mass on her porch again. She continued to her last destination before going home. She drove past her mansion to a gravel road that led to a field covered in gravestones. She pulled up to the entrance and unraveled her umbrella to walk across the field. She wasn't paying attention until she heard a cry nearby. She looked up sadly and gasped when she saw who was sitting at her parents' graves. A bouquet of pink Carnations sat in on the ground in front of her.

"I love your daughter so much. I can't continue on without her. I know you probably think I'm pathetic crying to you of all people, but I don't know how else to convince her she's not cursed… I want to spend the rest of my life with her, cursed or not." Korra cried on the wet ground. She pulled her knees to her chest and rested her head on her knees. She felt herself slipping again when a hand landed on her shoulder. She tiredly looked up and gasped.

Asami stood above the silly Avatar as she started crying as well. Dropping her umbrella, she kneeled down next to her and wrapped her up in her arms. Korra quickly returned the hug and pulled her into her lap. Sobs started escaping the CEO and Korra rubbed her back. "It's okay, 'Sami. You can cry with me."

Asami wrapped her arms around her neck and nuzzled her head under the girl's neck. They sat still like that while Asami finally cried like she needed to. After a while, Asami hesitantly pulled away from her and glanced over her shoulder at the gravestones. "You were talking to my parents." Korra simply nodded. Another sob briefly escaped Asami again as she cupped the Avatar's cheeks. "I'm so sorry, Korra. I wanted to protect from the same fate as them, but I was wrong. You broke the so-called curse and I was too stupid not to see it. Please forgive me. I want you back. It's too lonely without you."

"Heh, I was the stupid one. I passed out on your porch, multiple times might I add."

"But you saw through my pain and tried to help. I should've let you help."

Korra dropped her head onto Asami's shoulder. "You can let me help now."

Asami nodded. "I trust you."

They sat in silence, except for the pitter-patter of rain. Asami then reached over and grabbed her umbrella. Korra rose a brow. "What? We're gonna get sick if we just sit in the rain like this."

Korra laughed quietly and hugged her again. "I love you, Asami."

Asami's face softened. "I love you too, Korra. Let's go home."

Korra perked up. "Home?"

Asami giggled and helped her stand on her feet again. "Yes, our home. It's been a long day."

Korra smiled and grabbed her hand. "Sounds good."

Asami pulled her closer to her to stand under her umbrella. Korra blushed at the close proximity. Asami draped her free hand over the Avatar's shoulder and leaned in. Just as the two were finally about to reconnect again – "Achoo!" Korra sneezed. Luckily she felt it coming and turned away at the last second.

Asami sighed and began dragging her to the car. "You better not get sick now after all of this, Avatar."

Korra chuckled. "I've sat out in the rain for days now. I don't think it'll hit me now."

But Korra was wrong. As soon as they reached the bedroom, Korra plopped down into the bed. "Ahh, I missed this bed."

Asami chuckled and changed into pajamas. She didn't think Korra was sick until she crawled up to her side. She blinked and felt Korra's forehead. "Korra, are you feeling alright? You feel overly warm."

Korra was about to respond sarcastically, but a sneeze interrupted her again. Asami watched in wonder as Korra sneezed about five and a half more times, then she sighed. "Great, after sitting in the rain for days, you're finally sick. Good job, Avatar."

"I can give you another free Avatar pass to make up for it if you like." Korra joked.

Asami smiled gently and rubbed her head. "No, that's okay Korra. Think of it as payment for how I treated you all week."

Korra was too tired and too happy to argue. "Okay."

And with that, Asami got up to fetch Korra's pajamas and some cough syrup. The CEO poured the liquid into a cup as Korra finished changing. The Avatar plopped back into bed and then Asami leaned over her stomach with the cup. "Drink this, Korra. It'll make you feel better."

Korra laughed in delusional and shook her head. "I don't need medicine. You make me feel better on your own."

Asami felt her heart jump for joy at Korra's confession. She sighed and pressed the cup to her mouth. "I understand that, sweetie, but I can't help if you don't take this medicine."

Korra acted like she was pondering it when suddenly she opened her mouth. Asami began pouring the syrup in when Korra then jumped up trying to spit it out. Asami quickly grabbed her chin and forced her to finish it off. Korra didn't know how she knew how to do this. She was treating her like a kid who wouldn't take their medicine, which is what she was doing, but how did Asami know how to react to it? Either way, Korra had to finish it because Asami was tipping her head back to force the awful taste to spread. Korra gagged and quickly swallowed it to get it over with.

"Gah! That was disgusting! What was that?" Korra questioned.

Asami chuckled and sat the cup down before sliding under the covers. "It's cough syrup. It'll help keep that inevitable cold away."

"The Avatar doesn't get sick."

"Well I'm going to make sure that stays true as long as you're under my roof."

Korra smiled dopily and snuggled up to her girlfriend's side. "As long as I'm under your roof."

Asami pulled her closer. "Always."

Asami breathed in and out steadily, trying to force the tears at bay. She was tired of crying. It had been over three weeks now, but she still felt like her heart was breaking like it was happening right in front of her again. She kneeled down into the wet grass and laid her hand on the statue of the former Avatar. Too much was happening for her to comprehend at once. Her jet black hair peppered with grey ruffled in the wind as her shoulders shook with sobs.

It was the phone call she was always afraid of receiving. And the worst part was that their daughter had gotten injured in the middle of it all. She gulped at the memory of arriving at the scene and screaming her head off once she saw her wife's body. She always knew it could happen, but to actually experience it hurt more than she was ready for. At first she didn't even realize that Riko was there too, not until Karina had given up on the Avatar to run to her own wife's aid. If it wasn't for Karina, they might've lost Riko too. She had yet to thank her for saving her daughter.

"You were the Avatar, but you were also my dorky wife. I don't know what to do without you, Korra… The kids remind me too much of you. Each one of them had some part of you in them, especially Riko… She pulled through surgery, but she's still in rough shape…" Asami couldn't get more out because she started crying again. A hand landed on her shoulder, but she already knew who it was.

Nami worriedly watched over her mother as she cried. She had to be her rock, even if Asami couldn't look her in the eye still.

Every one of their children truly reminded her of Korra. How they raised each child. How Riko has Korra's stubbornness. How Kohaku has Korra's thrill and excitement over simple things. How Nami has Korra's ability to heal and be gentle.

Nami sighed quietly and began helping her mother stand. "C'mon mom, Uncle Mako and Uncle Bolin are supposed to come over for dinner."

Asami gulped after catching her breath and nodded for her daughter to lead the way.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

25.8K 753 11
(Sequel to "To Feel Free") After months of searching for answers (Y/N) returns to her friends, only to be just in time to help another major crisis...
46.6K 1.6K 25
。・:*:・✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘅 𝗳𝗲𝗺! 𝗿𝗲𝗮...
11.7K 535 29
(this story take place five years after the tlok comics. never read them, so there isn't gonna be any details from that mentioned here) ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁...
68.8K 1.5K 48
. Some friendships are so strong They can even transcend ...