But I love her

By Just_peachy21

Adrien Dunlap is the son of the famous Conor Dunlap, football star. Conor wants him to follow in his footstep... More

Before you read
Character aesthetics
1~news
2~the fight
3~Aria
4~dinner
5~the park
6~hospital
7~picnic
8~thursday
9~pep rally
10~game time
11~barbecue
12~kathy
14~headache
15~date
16~drama
17~dance
18~defense
19~clear
20~hickey
21-planning
22~surprise
23~steak 'n shake
24~homecoming
25~homecoming
26~max
27~ october 29 pt.1
28~october 29 pt.2
Epilouge
Last authors note

13~urge

156 7 0
By Just_peachy21

"Adrien, are you okay?" Aria asked, looking at me in the backseat of Maverick's truck.

"Yeah fine" I mumbled. "I'm just tired."

"Are you sure he doesn't have a concussion?" She turned to Maverick.

"We don't know he refuses to take the test"

She rolled her eyes and turned back to me. "You're going to get yourself even more injured than you already are"

"I'm not injured" I argued with a pouty face and crossed my arms like a two year old.

"Oh look Maverick, it's a little baby," she said messing with my hair. Maverick looked at me through the rearview mirror and smiled. I think he likes how his two best friends are now getting along.

It's Saturday and we're heading over to the mall. Allie's meeting us there. We had to push our barbecue to dinner instead of lunch because a lot of the team had plans that couldn't be changed. Dad sent me a list of last minute things to get and the girls wanted to go shopping.

"I'm hungry," Maverick groaned.

"Then go get food" Aria said obviously.

"I can't I'm broke"

"I have five bucks" Allie chimed in. 

"Take Allie's money, go to Potato Corner and get yourself some curly fries" Aria ordered. He took Allie's money and walked away happily. 

"I'll go with him" Allie said before she followed him.

"You know you never told me why you were staring at me in the kitchen on Monday" I said to Aria.

"And you're never gonna know"

"I also remember that I said that you were gonna regret that. I haven't made you regret it yet, have I?" I asked with a smirk. Aria looked at me with concern washed across her face and all of a sudden everything clicked. She started running away from me. I chased her while she was screaming and laughing.

"Stop sop no stop!" She screamed while laughing.

I grabbed her around the waist and spun her around. "No no!" She squealed. We were both laughing. I set her down and laughed.

I felt something lightly tug on my shirt. I looked down to see a little girl with a big smile and bright green eyes.

"Yes?" I said crouching down to her level.

"I wanted to say you're really tall," she said happily.

"Why thank you" I said with a smile.

The little girl turned to Aria. "How do you kiss him?" She asked her. The look on Arias face was priceless.

"I'm sorry what?" Aria asked sweetly.

"Your boyfriend is so tall I was wondering how you kiss him" she was so innocent. I could hardly contain my laughter. Aria looked stunned, completely caught off guard by the little girl's question.

"He's not my boyfriend," Aria said to the little girl. "He's just my friend," she explained.

"Oh well y'all would look cute together." I stifled a laugh. 

"River!" A woman yelled. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. Was she bothering y'all?"

"No ma'am she was fine we were just waiting on some friends" I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yes ma'am"

"Okay again I'm so sorry" she walked away scolding the little girl. I let out a laugh.

"That was so cute" Aria said. "Do little kids normally do that?"

"Sometimes but not really" I laughed.

"Hey guys what'd we miss?" Allie asked Maverick was behind her eating his curly fries and not listening to our conversation. Aria and I just laughed in response.
***
"Did you know you're coming to my house for dinner tomorrow?" Aria asked that night. We were in my room for no reason other than to get away from everybody. I was sitting on a beanbag throwing a football in the air and she was laying on my bed staring at the ceiling.

"No," I answered.

"Well you are"

"Thank you Sherlock" I said sarcastically. I looked over at her and she looked at me. We were staring into each other's eyes. I saw something that wasn't there before. It gave me the urge to kiss her or something. I ignored the sudden urge and asked her a question. "Do you know why we're going to your house?"

"I think our dad's have become friends" she answered looking away from my eyes.

"Lucky me" I said happily under my breath.

"What?"

"Oh nothing"

"Maybe we should get back before people start assuming things" she said standing up walking to the door.

"Yeah your right and maybe we should bring something out there so nothing seems suspicious"

"Yeah"

"Let's go to the kitchen" we walked to the kitchen and got the pickle jar out of the fridge. When I popped off the lid she dug her hand in there pulling out a pickle slice and throwing it at me. "Hey! What was that for?" I yelled.

"No reason" she said smartly.

I grabbed a handful of them and threw them at her face.

"What was that for?" She squealed.

"No reason"

She grabbed more and so did I and we began throwing them at each other.

"Okay okay truce" I said, holding up my hands in a surrendering position.

"Truce" she said. But with a smirk on her face she threw one last pickle at me.

"Hey we had a truce!" I screamed happily. I picked her up, wrapping my arms around her waist and throwing her over my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" She squealed, punching me on my back.

"It's called payback," I said. I set her down on the couch and tickled her. She laughed and laughed and laughed.

"How do you know I'm ticklish" she said in between laughs. "Maverick is so dead" she said before I gave her the answer. "Can we actually truce now?" She said, still laughing.

"Sure" I said as I stopped tickling her and went to the kitchen.

"Now I have pickle juice all over me" Aria complained coming into the kitchen from the living room.

"Go jump in the pool" I answered.

"It cold outside and I didn't bring a swimsuit or extra clothes"

"You can wear mine," I said nonchalantly. I had an urge to see her in my clothes. What the hell is wrong with me? First I want to kiss her, then I want to see her in my clothes. What's next?

"No way that would get people talking real quick"

"So you wouldn't mind it if people didn't see" I smirked.

"No I definitely would mind it"

"Fine here you big chicken." I threw her a wet rag. I really wanted her to jump in the pool.

"Thanks"
***
"Where have y'all been?" Maverick asked as we walked outside.

"We were getting pickles," I said, holding up the bowl of pickles.

"You seemed to be in there and awfully long time to just get pickles" he arched an eyebrow at us. "What are you covered in?" He asked.

"Pickle juice"

"Oh" Aria slapped him across the head. "Ow what was that for?" He asked, rubbing his head.

"No reason" she said looking at me. We both busted out laughing.

"There's something seriously wrong with y'all"
***
"Go knock on the door I'm gonna get the food"

"Yes sir" I did as I was told and knocked on the door. Aria opened the door. I've never seen her more beautiful in my life. She's wearing a white tank top, a gray cardigan, skinny ripped jeans and a light brown pair of ankle boots. I had that urge, again, to kiss her. "Hi um my dad's here he's just getting the food" I said pointing to the truck.

"You know you didn't have to bring food right?"

"You brought food when you didn't have to"

"Touché, come on in" she said stepping aside so me and my dad could come in.

"Hi Connor" Mrs. Smith said as we walked in.

"Hi Nicole," He said, giving her a hug. "How's Emory?" She asked.

"Stubborn as always but good." She laughed.

"You know Connor you didn't have to bring anything"

"No your daughter brought food to the barbecue a week back so I'm repaying the favor"

"Adrien!" Lavender squealed running strait for me. She ran into my arms and I picked her up a spun her around.

"Hi there Lavender" I said. "Have you been good?" I asked.

"Yes I have I even got a popsicle 'cuz I was being good"

A/n: I changed Lavender's age from three to five sorry I just thought five would work better if/when I edit this I'll change it. I'm sorry I hope this doesn't change much

"I'm so proud of you." The day of the picnic I made her promise me that she'd be good and wouldn't run off anymore.

"Let's eat" Mrs. Smith said.

I ended up between Aria and Lavender at the table. Dad and Mr. Smith never stopped talking about football and how we're playing our rivals in two weeks which is also homecoming.

"I'm going to the bathroom" I whispered to Aria not wanting to disturb the conversation.

"Okay" she whispered back.

I went to the bathroom and closed the door. I sat down on the ground and rubbed my fingers on my temples. My head felt like little men inside my head were beating hammers against my skull in an attempt to escape. When I looked at the light they started beating more heavily like if they didn't get out fast enough they would die. I put my head in my knees and shut my eyes tight in an attempt to make them go away.

After a while there was a knock on the door. "Adrien? Are you okay in there?" Aria asked.

"My head is throbbing and the light hurts my eyes." I said quietly.

"Let me go get you some medicine" she said before I heard her walk away. She came back with some ibuprofen and a glass of water. "I told your dad" she handed me the ibuprofen and the water then crouched down to meet me.

"Why I'm fine." I popped the medicine in my mouth and took a swig of water.

"Yeah 'cause a migraine and light sensitivity is the definition of fine." She said sarcastically "Adrien I think you have a concussion you have to take the test"

"No I told you I'm fine"

"Do it for me please." she looked hesitant about something like she was debating on something in her mind.

"Do it," I said.

"Do what?" She questioned. She was confused about what I was asking.

"The thing you're debating on in your head. Do it." She kissed my cheek and left the bathroom. "I was not expecting that." 
***
"Come on son we have to go." Mrs. Smith generously made me lie down on the couch with a wet rag on my head until everybody else finished dinner.

"Coming" I groaned. Slowly sitting up and making my way to the door.

"Take the test"Aria murmured in my ear before giving me a hug and walking away.

"Bye Adrien I hope you feel better," Lavender said sweetly before giving me a hug.

"Thank you" I hugged her back and she ran off in the same direction as Aria.
***
"You're taking a concussion tomorrow"

"Dad I'm fine I just got a headache"

"No, you're taking the test. I'm your father and coach and if you get injured it's on me."

"Dad I told you I'm not gonna do it"

"You are and that's final"

"Ugh Fine" I stormed into my room and slammed my door. I didn't bother to turn on the light considering my eyes are sensitive to light and I'm probably going to sleep.

I was laying in my bed trying to sleep but I couldn't. I started thinking, thinking about Aria. I have weird urges when I'm around her. I basically flirt with her all the time. Then she kissed me on the cheek. I get this weird feeling when I'm around her too.  I don't know what's wrong with me? All of a sudden it hit me like a punch to the gut.

I have a crush on Aria Smith.
***
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! How do you feel about Adrien's injury? What about Aria and Adrien? Comment vote and follow!
           Until next time,
                        Kylagrace21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

521K 14.4K 41
[πŒπ€π“π”π‘π„] π‘πŽππ€π π‰π€πŒπ„π’ 30 Months... Almost three years since my accident. My first game playing pro in the NHL and I blew it. Many peo...
480K 13.2K 64
No commitment. No more heartaches. Just kissing. Could it really be that simple? Nate Herond. He's the guy everyone adores. Quarterback of the footba...
5.6M 148K 31
Mia Gibson and Hunter James were always meant to be. But dating the star quarterback that was destined to be in the NFL was not easy. Especially when...
405K 11.2K 26
||COMPLETED|| "I love you..." I had whispered. I sat there staring into the eyes I've come to know as beautiful. I smiled at her. A small smile crep...