Saved By The Jock

By Ohhlala_77

A victim of child abuse ever since the death of her mother, Cassidy Taylor has become a shy, quiet girl who's... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Author's Note!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Opinion From You (Please Read)
Chapter 27
Special Chapter
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Valentine Special
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Story Idea (Not an update but please read)
Chapter 49
Epilogue
Playlist
Last Goodbye

Chapter 50

48.8K 1.2K 333
By Ohhlala_77

Recap:

I felt so tired, before sleep conquered me I heard sirens at the backround and that's the last thing I heard.

☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎

Chapter 50

Cassidy's POV

Beep

Beep

Beep

The beeping sound won't stop, it keeps on repeating its same irritating beat.

I felt like I was being paralyzed, I can't move or utter a word.

"How is she?" I heard a girl's voice.

"She's still sleeping," the familiar voice that rung through my ears wants to make me wake up.

I tried so hard to pry my eyes open but they can't. It's like they're glued together.

"Why don't you go home and take a shower sweetie?" The same girly voice spoke.

"No mom, I have to be here when she wakes up."

"But-"

"No. I will stay here and wait for her to wake up, no one can change my mind." The voice replied in a stern manner.

"Could you atleast eat? You haven't eaten since that day," I heard the girl sigh.

"I will, but I'm not hungry. Anyway how's Adam doing?"

"He's stable."

"Can you-"

I wasn't able to hear the rest of the conversation when the voices faded away and sleep conquered me again.

☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎

I jolted awake in no time when a syringe pierced my arm.

I blinked to focus gaze and saw a familiar blonde haired guy sleeping on the couch.

"Oh you're awake, how do you feel?" I looked up to find a middle aged nurse smiling softly at me.

"Fine." I croaked out, throat dry.

"Oh silly me, I'll call for the doctor and bring you some water." She gave me another smile before stepping out of the room.

I shifted my gaze to the man who's sleeping at the couch.

Carson.

He has dark bags under his eyes and I realized that he still hasn't changed to his normal outfit. He's still wearing the white button up shirt beneath the coat.

He shifted uncomfortably against the couch, he keeps on turning until he let out a small groan of annoyance.

His eyes slowly fluttered open, revealing the blue green orbs that I love.

"Hi," I whispered.

He immediately turned to face me, so fast that I thought it broke his neck. Without any warning he was right in front of me, holding my hand in his.

"How do you feel? Are you okay? Does your stomach hurt? If it does tell me and I'll-"

I shut him up with a kiss, I heard him groan the moment our lips met. He squeezed my hands tighter in his as we kiss, his soft lips moving against my own. I missed this so much, he slightly pulled away only to kiss my nose.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you," His breath fanning my face, eyes closed with his eye lashes rested just above his cheekbones.

I faintly shook my head and put my free hand on the nape of his neck. I played with his hair before I spoke.

"Don't say that, you saved me. You always save me and I wasn't worried back there because I know you will come get me no matter what." I smiled softly.

He opened his mouth to reply but the doors opened making the both of us pull apart.

The doctor that looks like he's in his late 30's came in with a clipboard. He offered me a smile which I returned.

"How do you feel?" The doctor came closer towards me.

"I'm okay, just a little pain on my stomach but I'm alright."

He nodded and wrote something on the clipboard, sooner the nurse came in and handed me my water which I drank like I haven't drank water for years.

"Alright so based on these datas we just have to run a few more tests then tomorrow you're free to go." He gave me some prescriptions here and there before he left.

Carson's gaze was on me.

"You look like shit," both of us said in unison.

We burst out laughing without a warning. It feels good to be here with him, laughing and knowing that my father won't come for me again.

"Cass," Carson stopped laughing and stared right through my eyes with a serious look.

For a minute back there I thought something bad's gonna happen.

"Yeah?"

"Did you know that the words you said back there freaked me out? I was so scared that you'll leave me. If that happens I don't know what I'll do. I was thinking that I would die of depression if that happens. You scared the shit out of me god if you just saw how pale you looked-" I wiped the tear that sprung out of his eyes.

"Shh.. I'm here now aren't I?" I gave him another smile.

He shook his head vehemently like a little boy who argues with his mommy.

"But if I didn't go there on time I would've lost you already and I can't live with that especially-"

I cut him off because it really pains me to see him breaking down like this.

"Carson please, I owe you my life. If it wasn't for you I would've been dead for a long time now. You saved me from my demons and my abusive dad. That's more than enough, so don't ever think that this is your fault. The important thing is you came, you came and that's all that matters." I used my thumb to wipe the tear that fell from my eye.

"What have I done to deserve a girl like you? God I love you so much."

He attacked me with kisses, he kissed me on my forehead, my nose, my cheeks, my neck and the corner of my lips. But he never kissed me square on my lips.

I was about to protest when he smacked his lips on mine. His soft lips captured my own again, lips in sync. Hunger and longing was felt, this kiss definetly filled the times I wasn't here.

"Hey bro-"

We jumped apart when we heard that voice. Lips swollen and shirt dishelved.

"Fuck why do I always get to meet you like this?" Brandon groaned dramatically as he entered the room.

Carson just laughed at him, he pulled me close to him.

"You just suck at timings," Carson teased him.

"Yeah and you're just horny everytime." Brandon snorted.

"Hey!" I whined.

"What? I'm saying the truth." He shrugged, "whenever I see you, you're sucking your faces off. Oh my poor innocent little mind." He sighed, the back of his hand on his forehead.

I blushed crimson red, embarrased so I hid my face on Carson's chest.

"Shut up Brandon, you're just jealous you can't have your own girlfriend." Carson said smugly.

"Looks like I don't need one when you guys provide me a live stream of porn." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh god Brandon shut up,"

"Hey I was thinking of making my own porn site and maybe you guys could be the star in my site and-"

"Shut the fuck up,"

"You guys should feel privileged to be invited in this special-"

I didn't know what happened or how it happened I just saw Brandon ended up having a roll of tissue paper shoved down his throat.

"I fwel violated,"

I burst out laughing just as I saw his priceless reaction. Serves him right for bothering to invite us in his porn site.

I mentally shuddered at that thought.

"Hey Cass-" a girly voice piped in, "oh holy mother of cheeseballs what happened to you?" Rachel helped Brandon out with his position.

Carson's face was red and I was afraid that he's going to explode anytime soon. Well my prediction came true, he burst out laughing like a hyena being groped.

"Carson Matthews, this is your brother and I command you to say sorry this instant." Rachel said in an authoritative voice.

Carson's eyes widened, poor boy.

"But mom! He's asking us to star his po-"

"I don't need your excuses, say sorry right now." Rachel said in a stern voice.

"Sorry," Carson muttered, head hanging low.

"Great, now Cassidy I'm so glad you're back." Rachel giggled as she gave me a bone crushing hug.

"I missed you too," I managed to croak out.

"Mom you're crushing her,"

"Oh sorry," she chuckled again as she pulled away.

"Great to know that my own mom loves Cassidy more than me," Brandon muttered.

"What was that young man?" Rachel turned around and gave him a glare.

"Oh nothing, I just said that I love my mom more than my computer. He grinned sheepishly.

"Good to know that I was compared to a gadget." She rolled her eyes.

"I missed you guys," I laughed softly.

They tackled me in a hug and I couldn't ask for more than this family I have right now.

They pulled away after a few minutes.

"Oh which reminds me, Cassidy your mom's outside. She said she wants to talk to you and see how you're doing." She smiled.

I stiffened at what she said. I don't know if I'm ready to face my mom, knowing that she left me behind.

"Mom I think-"

"No, it's okay. Let her in." My voice flat.

Rachel gave me a worried glance but then offered me a reassuring smile before she left. Brandon followed suit.

"Hey, look at me." Carson murmured, his finger on my chin lifting it up for me to meet his gaze.

"You don't have to do this you know? I know you're not yet ready and you've just recovered. I'll support you no matter what your decision will be." He lifted my hand and kissed the back of my palm.

Jesus.

"Thank you so much, I don't know what I'd do if you're not in this with me. I have to face her sooner or later so it's better to deal this now. And I know I would be able to handle this because you're here." I beamed at him.

"Do you want me to leave and let you guys talk?"

"I just said I need you here stupid." I rolled my eyes.

Carson just chuckled and pinched my cheeks.

"Ow, ow, ow. Get off!" I whined and slapped his hands away.

The door creaked open that caused the both of us to jump apart. I immediately stiffened when I caught the sight of my mom entering the room.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" My mom smiled at me.

"What do you want?" I snapped but instantly regretted it when she flinched.

"I just want to see how my daughter's doing," her eyes sad.

Carson slipped his hands on mine and tried to calm me down.

"Well, you see that I'm fine now. What else do you need?"

Her eyes looked like they're going to cry, well sucks to be her. She did this to herself.

"Hey, don't be too hard on your mom. She's still your mom at the end of the day." Carson whispered beside me.

I nodded and cleared my throat.

"Sorry that came out rude,"

"It's okay, I know I deserved that. Cass I-"

"Ms. Taylor sorry to interrupt but I'll leave you two to talk." He squeezed my hand, "you'll be okay." he kissed my forehed.

"Thank you," she smiled at Carson.

Carson returned it and I watched as he walk out of the room.

When he left, the tension in this room became so thick I can barely breathe.

"Cass, I know you probably won't ever forgive me but I have to let you know how much I regret what I did, how sorry I am and how much I love you. Cass, when I first found out that I'm having a daughter I was ecstatic, I was so happy. You were an angel and gift that was given to us. You-"

"Get straight to the point mom, why did you leave me and pretend that you were dead?" I angrily wiped the tear that leaped out of my eye.

"I didn't have a choice Cass. Your dad is crazy and unstable, but I know I was wrong that I left you defenseless. I was wrong when I left you there knowing something might happen." She sobbed, "I'm so sorry Cass, I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you. I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you from him, I'm sorry I miss your birthdays and most of all I'm so sorry that you blamed yourself for everything that happened. I'm not expecting you to forgive me but Cass just know that I love you. I love you so much and I wish I could turn back time and brought you with me." Her face was wet with tears as she walked towards me.

I was speechless. I don't know what to feel.

"I'm really sorry Cass." She kissed my forehead.

Tears were filling my eyes and I felt my heart constrict in pain. These things are too much to handle.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I managed to croak out.

"Because if I did your dad would come for me and I don't want things to go crazy." She sniffled.

"I could've helped you mom, I could've-"

"No. I don't want to make your lives messier than it already is. But I could've saved you from that hell and I didn't," she started sobbing again and so did I, "I really didn't think that time, I wasn't thinking straight. I'm so so so sorry,"

She was on her knees in a blink of an eye. I was so shocked I can't even utter a word.

"Cass I'm begging you, if you can't forgive me now at least accept me as your mom. Let me be your mom and let me fill the spaces that I wasn't able to do so before." She was shaking.

"Mom, stand up." My voice was shaking.

"No I have to do this-"

"Mom please, I forgive you. I will promise to forget everything that's in the past and bury it with my scars."

She stood up and engulfed me in a hug, I returned it immediately because I know if I didn't do this one day I would regret the chances I didn't take.

☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎

GUYS OMG I UPDATED AND THERE'S ONLY AN EPILOGUE LEFT THEN THIS BOOKS IS DONE.

I CANT EVEN HAJDLDJDKS I DIDNT THINK IT WOULD COME THIS FAR. AT FIRST I THOUGHT THAT MAYBE NO ONE WOULD READ IT BUT WHO CARES BUT THEN I WAS WRONG!! YOU GUYS READ IT AND I JUST CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR HELPING ME REACH THIS FAR.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH AJDKDKAOAOC

Anywaaaays I hope you liked this chapter and kindly give me feedbacks because you know I need them ;)

Question for this chapter:

Did this chapter make you cry? If it did what part?

ADAM DIDNT DIE CASSIDY DIDNT DIE EITHER DO YOU LOVE ME NOW? HEHEHEH

I LOVE YOU GUYS AND YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH YOUVE MADE ME HAPPY I MEAN 550k? DUDE THAT'S HALF A MIL OMF ILYSFM

You can also reach me here:

Twitter: Girlhemmo
Instagram: 90sbaby_hxmmo
Kik: shxreenx

-ohhlala XXXXX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

433K 11.2K 46
Cliche. I know I know. Bad boy meets the nerd. But hey this story may just be not cliche enough yet still cliche to meet your likings. Meet Lennon. O...
92.6K 3K 23
You'd think Annie Heart's life was perfect. She was the nerdy girl with the clique captain of the football team boyfriend. That's what everyone thoug...
267K 9.8K 18
My dad kept on telling me that being a nerd isn't a bad thing and that I'm on the right track but I'm positive that being terrorized in the halls dai...
39 0 17
Natalie had always been the quiet girl in high school. She was a straight-A student, always lost in her books and studying hard to get into a good co...