oneshots 🧷 joshler

By CRY1NGOBS1D1AN

irregularly updated writing exercises known as oneshots. discontinued. More

soulmates.
gnarly, bruh!
the smell of rain
apple juice!
devil town
paint smears
crashing
shitpost
tommorow
truce
the party
the princess bride
the day after october
t-minus
bird wings
red raindrops
horsing around
listen
bubblegum boyfriend
i'm listening
surprise!
knifeplay // nsfw
just missed you
fool
the moon
love at first sight
bad boys for life
invalid
☆ drafts ☆
backyard boy
hayloft
dad!josh oneshot for lav
cold feet
violent delights
strawberry blond
molly

cookies and christmas

131 9 40
By CRY1NGOBS1D1AN

this is kinda long.. oops. also i dunno about this ending, i don't know if y'all will like it LMAO. it's just me being self conscious. but here's some cute stuff your you!! no killings or abuse or blood and guts and horror, just fluffy cuteness. enjoy !!
-
"Josh- Joshua, Christ! Look over here!" Tyler called, groaning when Josh ignored him and continued looking down to their dog, Jim.

"I'm gonna kill if this doesn't turn out right," he muttered to himself, turning on the timer and sprinting to Josh.

Jim barked at him, and Josh looked up, smiling fondly, but Tyler had no time for words, deciding to just connect their lips and worry about homophobic family members later.

Josh made a surprised whimper into his mouth, his hand flying up to his cup his jaw.

When Tyler counted the seconds and decided that the timer would've been gone off for sure, he pulled away, giggling and readjusting Josh's glasses.

"Now that I've got your attention," he mumbled. "That's gonna be our Christmas card, if it turned out properly."

Josh looked at him, giving him big eyes. "Oh really?" he asked.

"Yes, really!" Tyler laughed, kissing his cheek before being trampled by Jim and letting out a surprised, "Ack!"

"Karma," Josh giggled, rolling next to him and crying out when Jim stepped on his ribs.

"Karma!" Tyler wheezed.

"Can we go make cookies now or whatever?" Josh groaned, admiring his boy's face when it lit up at the mention of cookies.

"We can make all different kinds, right?" Tyler asked, pushing himself up and dragging Jim off of Josh.

"No oatmeal raisin mix stuff, please," he begged in return. "I can't handle it."

"We're making chocolate chip, dummy," Tyler snorted. "And maybe peanut butter."

"Peanut butter for sure," Josh agreed as Tyler got his phone from where it was set up. "We're gonna make all sorts of cookies, just not oatmeal raisin."

"We'll let the reindeer eat those," Tyler muttered, making Josh laugh and grab onto his hand as they walked inside, Jim on their heels.

Tyler looked up at him and smiled as they entered the kitchen, looking to the cabinets and thinking about all the ingredients they needed for their cookie filled afternoon.

"I love you," Josh murmured to him, wrapping his arms around his hips and kissing his neck. He had Tyler trapped in his grasp, making him squirm a bit as he turned around to hear his heartbeat.

"I love you more," he said to his lover, placing a hand on his chest, next to where he let his head rest.

"I love you most," Josh finished, kissing the top of his head and holding him close for a few more moments before letting him go. "Cookie time?"

"Cookie time!" Tyler said excitedly, giggling and running to get his big book of recipes, Jim barking and running after him.

Josh watched him, staring in awe before getting out a large bowl.

~

"Well.." Tyler laughed a few days later, holding up the Christmas card they made and got delivered to send to other people.

"In my opinion, it's the best one yet," Josh told him, looking at it closer. Jim was looking up at them as they kissed, his tongue hanging out, looking all crazy. Their sweaters all matched, and it totally went with the Christmas vibe that they wanted.

"You think?" Tyler asked, taking another cookie and pressing play on the Christmas music. "I agree."

Sounds of Mariah Carey filled their living room as Jim jumped up in Josh's lap, licking his hand softly when he settled down.

"Jim, move your butt," Tyler pouted, pushing him over a bit and sitting next to Josh, putting his head on his shoulder.

"Who are we mailing them to?" Josh asked him, watching him think and count off on his fingers.

"My parents and Jay, your parents, Ashley, Abby, Jordan, Maddy, Zack, uh.. Brendon and Sarah... Ryan.."

"Nine," Josh mumbled. "Distant family?"

"Nope," Tyler shook his head. "Except maybe yours."

"My Aunt can have one," Josh chuckled. "That's an even ten."

Tyler sighed happily, letting Jim get himself comfortable on both of their laps.

"I actually really hate Christmas," he told Josh quietly. "It's so stressful and stuff."

"You've told me that, like, a million times, Ty."

"Whatever!"

Josh laughed, wrapping an arm around Tyler's waist and kissing his forehead. "Do you wanna tell me about your stresses, darling?"

His lover was silent for a few moments, then shrugged. "They're all kinda.. cliche or whatever. I just.. there's too much running around, planning, dates we have to remember.. it's a lot on my mind, y'know? I need a couple days off, I guess."

"Then take a couple days off, Ty. You seriously deserve it, and I'm sure that I could do stuff in your place," Josh offered. "All you gotta do is take care of Jim and give him attention all day."

"Done and done," Tyler yawned. "Tired, Joshie."

"Go to sleep, then," he chuckled, closing his eyes along with Tyler's. "I can mail out the cards. Anything else that needs to be done?"

"Cookies," Tyler mumbled softly. "Don't eat all the cookies."

He conked out, leaving Josh to move Jim and carry him back to their bedroom, tucking him in and kissing his forehead softly, telling him how much he loved him and how deserving of happiness he was. Josh knew that he struggled with that sometimes, so he decided to start telling his subconscious, to see if it would help.

He then moved back to the kitchen, taking some cookies and starting to address envelopes.

~

"You have a cocoa 'stache," Josh informed Tyler on early Christmas morning, sipping on his own hot chocolate as he watched Tyler look at him with a glare.

"It's a fashion choice, I'll have you know," he told him coldly, going back to sipping the drink.

"Damn, don't have to be so mean," Josh murmured, looking back to the clock. They had just gotten home from a Christmas party, and they were tired. Deciding to unwind with hot chocolate and cuddles, the two were enjoying the early morning hours of Christmas morning.

"What'd you get me for Christmas, Joshie?" Tyler asked softly, watching the clock tick the seconds by as he listened for Josh's words.

"That's a surprise until morning, Ty," Josh snorted. "You'll have to wait."

"It is morning!" Tyler protested. "We could do our gift swap right here, right now. Be quirky and unique."

"I think you're gonna, like... not go to sleep if I give you your present right now," Josh warned him, rubbing his stomach softly.

"Is it RedBull?" Tyler asked excitedly. "RedBull's cool."

"No," Josh answered flatly. "We already have too much in the house."

"Oh, shut up."

Josh rolled his eyes. "How bad could you want your gift, right now?"

"On a scale from one to ten? Probably twenty."

He gave Tyler a look, sighing exaggeratedly. "Fiiiine. Get your gift, I guess, but I wanna open mine first."

Tyler groaned. "You're gonna hate it," he mumbled, getting up and getting both of the boxes under the tree.

"Then why'd you choose it as my gift?" Josh asked, taking his wrapped box out of Tyler's hands.

"Just open it."

Josh nodded, opening up the rectangular box and gasping softly, his eyes looking up to Tyler, who was blushing madly and hiding his face.

"Did you paint this yourself?" he asked softly, lifting the painting out of the box and holding it close to look at the details.

"Yup... it took me a long time," Tyler told him.

The painting was of them, a picture from their wedding, Josh looking at the cake in mock disgust while Tyler stared blank-faced at a wall. It always made them laugh whenever they looked at it, and Tyler decided that he would paint it to hang in their house somewhere.

Josh started to laugh, his eyes switching from the painting to Tyler.

"I love it," he told him, leaning forward and kissing him softly, grinning at it. "Where should we put it?"

"Right on the front door," Tyler joked. "Everyone can see how crazy we are from the very start."

Josh smacked his arm, setting it back in the box. "We'll find somewhere to put it, I'm sure."

"Is it my turn now?" Tyler asked softly, looking down to the small box Josh had for him.

"All yours, hon."

Tyler grinned, carefully taking off the wrapping paper. A note was taped to the front of the box, and he took it off, opening it and skimming over it before rereading it fully.

"...Josh?" he said softly, looking up to him. The mentioned was pressed against the couch cushions, biting his lip.

"I know you've wanted it for a long time," Josh said softly. "Open the box."

Tyler was quiet as he opened the small box, almost scared to see what was inside, to confirm what he was thinking.

Inside, there was a bit of tissue paper, covering a small white onesie, little birds scattered around the piece of clothing.

"Joshie," Tyler said, his voice thick. "Joshie, you're serious?"

Josh chuckled softly, nodding and letting him crawl into his arms.

"I'm completely serious and sure, Ty," he told him, letting his lover wrap his arms around him and hug him close.

"I give you a painting," Tyler laughed, looking up at him. "And you give me.. you give us the ability to.. to.."

"Tyler," Josh said softly, cupping his jaw and looking deep into his eyes. "I know, we've talked about it, but.. I've made up my mind, and I just.. I really think we should.. y'know-"

"You want to have a kid with me," Tyler said, finishing his sentence, but asking it more in disbelief than a statement.

"I want to have a kid with you, Tyler, yes," Josh nodded, a smile at his lips. "With you and only you."

Tyler couldn't help but to kiss Josh, running a thumb over his cheek and pulling away, letting him wipe the few happy tears he had shed.

"Of course, there's so much more than just that," Tyler murmured, laying his head on his chest.

"I know, but we can focus on the little things for now. How about we finish our cocoa and talk about it more in the morning, maybe?" Josh suggested, looking down at the painting. "Figure out where to put that, too."

Tyler nodded, unable to stop smiling.

"I love you, Joshua," he whispered to him, his voice almost inaudible.

"I love you more," Josh countered, running his hands through Tyler's brown locks.

"I love you most," Tyler finished, closing his eyes and listening to Josh's heartbeat, the love for him coursing through his body, mixing with his tiredness and his excitement at Josh's decision.

"Best Christmas ever," he murmured, hearing Josh chuckle before giving up to the battle of sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 170 15
Jus' a bunch of oneshots, if ya'll have any suggestions I will probably do them :) happy reading hope you enjoy! Discontinued
1.1K 93 18
discontinued:(
97.3K 3.2K 45
one of those lowercase intended things completed!
15.6K 559 33
a series of different joshler short stories