The Queen's king |✔️

By Reha_writes

Chitra, has always been the forgotten princess, neither the king nor the kingdom remembers her, probably as h... More

Foreword.
• Prologue •
1. Him
2.Her
3. Kingdom Ramapur
4. Royal Dinner
5.The crying princess
6. Princess
7 .The smile
8.The village riots.
9. A New Journey.
10. Yes Brother.
11. Grateful.
12. The Beginning
13. Help.
14. Saved.
15. Butterflies.
16. Happiness.
17. Trouble
18. The search.
19. Found.
21. A Sacred union of love
22. Our Kingdom.
23. Am I not pretty?
24. Rajmatha Padma.
25. Little Prince
26. Rejection.
27. Queen Chitra
28. Love birds.
♥️ Author's Note ♥️
29. Peaceful days
30. A plan
31. Staggered
32. An Avenge
33. A Queen's duty
34. A tale of betrayal
35. A Rise of War
36. A wrong twist
37. A Goddess
38. Apsara
39. Broken Hearts
40. Princess Nandhini
41. A Ride
❤️ Characters and cast ❤️
42. Blooming Love
43. Village Kalikapur
44. Lost Truths
45. Finding Love
46. Saving Kalikapur.
47. An Instinct.
48. Searching for Princess
49. Mending Love
50. A Happy End
• Epilouge •
Announcement 📣

20. Healer.

33.3K 2.2K 101
By Reha_writes

"P-please Arjuna, save him!! " She cried desperately clutching Arjuna's arm.

All he did was wipe the flowing tears from her face, even his face was filled with raw pain. Losing Vikram would not only affect Chitra but also him in a disastrous way. He can't lose Vikram, never.

" I am trying my best Chitra." Saying he took her face in his hands forcing her to look straight in his face, maybe if she would see in his eyes she might understand how important Vikram is to him, " Rajan says there's a healer nearby. The faster we move the best it is for Vikram."

Chitra was still in a haze. Two soldiers were carefully carrying Vikram seeing that they would not worsen his wound anymore. But when she took a few steps she realised that her feet were still bleeding, it hurt to walk on this path but she doesn't want to disturb Arjuna and slow down their speed. Vikram needs immediate medical help than her.

But her long sighs and her painful expressions didn't go unnoticed by Arjuna, " What's wrong Chitra? Are you hurt anywhere? " He asked furrowing his eyebrows. The moment he asked the question he mentally smacked his head, how can he be so careless? Though she looked fine on the outside, all her energy must have been lost.

"N-no!! Nothing " Saying she moved forward but Arjuna happened to see the stains of blood on the ground behind her.

He took two long steps forward and scooped her in his arms, screaming Chitra immediately put her hands around his neck for support.

"W-what are you doing! Put me down! "

" Why didn't you tell me that you were hurt? " Arjuna asked looking down at her face. Her face was so close to his that noses could almost touch.

" I don't want to slow down our speed, we need to reach the healer as soon as possible." The sincerity in her voice multiplied the respect he had for her. Who said that she doesn't have any knowledge about being a queen? She always puts others' well-being before her's and treats them with the same love and respect they give not caring about their status.

"Never do this again, your health is also very important to me. "

She didn't argue anymore and also in a trance she asked Arjuna, " How did this happen? As far as I know Vikram is the strongest! "

" It was Ratan's men."

"W-what? " Chitra stuttered, did she hear it wrong? There is no way that Ratan would do this to Vikram!

" Yes, he chose to disobey my orders and gather enough information to reach you and in that process one of his men got confused and shot Vikram. " The way his voice trailed off worried Chitra. His expression is that which broke Chitra's heart, Ratan was close to him and this betrayal must have hit him hard.

" But, where is Ratan now? " Chitra asked, as she slowly started screening her surroundings but her eyes got no hold of him.

"He left to arrange transportation for us."

Their conversation ended there, she started to notice her surroundings as the sweet tweets of the bird were getting louder. The tweets were so peaceful that all the tiredness since yesterday catched her up, she soon fell asleep on Arjuna's shoulder.

~~

Chitra woke up to find herself on a small bed and a thin cotton sheet of a blanket was wrapped around her. She slowly got up as she observed her surroundings and the room had no furniture except another bed at the corner. She rubbed her eyes to get a clear view and realised that it was Vikram. She immediately tossed the blanket to a side and tried to stand on her feet. But a shooting pain made her drop to the ground with a small scream.

" Chitra! " Arjuna came running to her side and helped her sit on the bed. " Your feet are badly hurt, you are not supposed to walk till they heal. " Saying he carefully tightened the small cloth which was draped around her foot with medicinal leaves.

She suppressed the urge to cry from pain and asked, " How is brother's health now? "

Arjuna took a long sigh as he ran his hand through his hair, " It was difficult as the arrow had slit the main nerves near his heart but the healer was very experienced. She saved his life."

Hearing those words tears sprung out of her eyes, she was terrified thinking that he was going to lose his life because of her. But God has helped her. Vikram is fine now.

Arjuna pulled Chitra into a warm hug as he wiped her tears, " Even I was scared princess but Vikram is all fine now as all he needs is a good bed rest. " Saying he kissed her head, pulling her closer to his chest. And Chitra melted in his arms and realised that she is absolutely helpless now. She started to fall for him, way too deep that she might never be able to swim away for she was already drowning in his love.

* * *

Arjuna covered Chitra in a cotton blanket as he lays her down on the bed. She fell asleep in his arms and as much as he would love to hold her it might hurt her back if she slept in a sitting position.

While leaving he stopped by Vikrams bed, he looked to pale for an army head. His shoulder and torso were wrapped in cotton cloth which was covered in turmeric.

He couldn't stand the sight of Vikram being so weak, only after seeing Vikram in such a state made him understand how much he cares for his friend. He walked outside and stood there observing the place. Thinking about what his next step should be.

" How is your wife feeling now Young boy? I heard she woke up? " The healer asked as she stood beside him. She was in her mid-sixties and said that her husband is a pandit in a nearby temple.

" First of all I ain't a young boy and secondly she is not my wife yet but Her feet are still hurting! Can you give some more medicine to make the pain go away? "

She laughed hysterically as she touched his arm and he immediately backed away from her touch.

When she realised that, she said, " My bad, sorry for touching you but medicine heals young boy! It does not make the pain disappear. Don't worry, the pain will reduce gradually. "

When Arjuna didn't reply, " So, you don't have any intention to marry her? " She asked, raising her eyebrows as she looked amused.

" I do! " Arjuna almost spit his words, as his hands twitched with anger, how dare she think like that. He didn't explain any further, he is not answerable to her! She is just a healer-

" But, if you take her to your kingdom unmarried, do you think your people would respect her? "

" They should! I am their king and they are bound to respect their queen!" Arjuna stressed his words so that she could get his message.

But instead she replied, " A woman's respect is either her family or her husband, now that she has come with you she left her family behind, and if you refuse to take her as your wife in future, she might be shamed to death. "

" Stop it woman! Just because you saved my friend's life doesn't mean you can speak any shit-"

" Think about it king, after tomorrow there aren't any auspicious days for a marriage. You should wait till the end of the rainy season, do you think everyone in your kingdom will respect a princess with no position and a man? "

Though his brain tried to rationalise that what is speaking is of no sense, but his heart was partially agreeing with what she said.

What if they will have to wait till the end of the rainy season for their wedding? Will she be respected as equally as he is?

" I mean no offense but you and your soldiers are required to spend the night here as they all are still hurt. Do you think everyone will respect her after knowing the fact that she had spent a night here with you and not married? Let us consider that the Royal family members might understand your situation but what about the uneducated villages? For a woman that is a high risk to take, if you consider my opinion. "

Arjuna's head was starting to throb by over thinking each and every possibility.

" Then what do you suggest? " He asked, looking at the old woman, narrowing his eyes.

She stretched her hand forward and her hand had a small bronze box. She slowly opened it and it was full of sindoor.

" Take her as your wife, before you reach your kingdom. "

-----------

A/N Sindoor : vermilion ( Applied on the partition of forehead )

Okay, so elyza13106 has suggested me to add few Indian words in between. So I am planning on doing that! Though I will providing an explanation for those words at the end of the chapter! Thank you for the suggestion dear ♥️

And also Divija_Mamidi has suggested about adding cast! What's your take on this? Should we have a cast? Or let our brain imagine our favourites?

Your suggestions are always welcomed! Comment and let me know !!

Hey! Come on now! Press the star down here 🌟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.8K 2.4K 38
After receiving around 📖 50K Reads - 5.96K Votes ❤, and numerous encouraging and appreciating comments by this very story of Forbidden Princess. ...
253K 9.7K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
813K 40K 41
"Mr. Raichand, happy independence day. You have been eating my head since day one to get these papers signed and today I have finally granted your wi...
52.6K 2.2K 21
All she believed is love and all she wanted was a married life with the person who loved her. Ended up getting married to a person, she loved, and ca...