Replay {Skephalo}

By Owl1425

โ๐˜๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง, ๐˜ช๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต... More

1 | Changed
2 | Reputations
3 | Kindness
4 | Puppet
5 | Here
6 | Backstabbed
7 | Scars
8 | Apologies
9 | Different
10 | Lies
11 | Threatened
12 | Broken
13 | Stay
14 | Defended
15 | Truth
16 | Ruined
17 | Redemption
18 | Learning
19 | 3am
Just a thanks <3
20 | Suspicions
21 | Daisies
22 | Confessions
23 | Secrets
24 | Pain
25 | Guilty
26 | Fear
27 | Memories
28 | Preparation
29 | Betrayal
30 | Cheater
31 | Missing
32 | Lost
33 | You
New book!

Epilogue

8K 494 1.1K
By Owl1425

^this song (the seconds verse particularly) inspired Replay. (you'll see why- the second verse gave me Zak's character idea)
So yeah, thought I'd put the song that gave me the idea to write the whole book here.

~~~

. *. ~ 'If it is real, it will never be over...' . *. ~

~~~

Well this is officially the end of Replay.
Also here's your stargazing I promised you like 12 chapters ago.
Enjoy. Love ya <3    ~ Owl

~~~

-Zak's POV-

"Darryl where are we going?"

I readjust the bandana tied over my eyes as we turn another corner. Sitting in a car blindfolded is a terrible experience, but Darryl insisted I wasn't allowed to see where were going.

"I told you, for the fourteenth time you muffin, that you'll have to wait and see."

I turn in the direction of his voice, sticking out my bottom lip in an overly-exaggerated pout. He giggles softly at my childish mannerisms, causing me to fold my arms up to my chest in annoyance. "You're such a child sometimes" he laughs, poking my cheek. I roll my eyes, despite him being unable to see them. 

It takes roughly another ten minutes until the car slows to a stop. "We're here!" Darryl announces. The car door on his side clicks as I presume he opens it, and I reach to take off the bandana. "Not yet muffin!" A warm hand wraps over mine, catching me off guard. I flinch, both at the sudden touch and his warmth.

"Are you cold again muffin?" he asks with a worried tone. He's been very overprotective of me recently, seeing as I did only get discharged from the hospital this morning. It's Wednesday night, thankfully in the school break.

Darryl carefully pulls my arms through yet another coat, making sure not to move the bandages over my wrists. A couple of my scars were scraped open during the few days in the forest, which had to be disinfected.

Guilt wracks my stomach as I remember watching a nurse take care of Darryl through one of my partially-conscious hazes. His scars also scraped open, as well as having a couple new ones in places. It's been barely a week and a half since the night Zelk came, meaning not all of the scars were properly healed.

"That better?"

I open my eyes, notice Darryl has taken off the bandana covering them. He's watching me with a look of concern, I must've zoned out.

"Sorry" I mutter awkwardly, pulling my sleeves over my hands and bringing them up to cover my face. A force of habit of mine, which Darryl seems to think is adorable, no matter how many times I try to convince him otherwise.

He grabs my arms, pulling them away from my face before I even get a chance to cover it. He's caught on to all of these little things so quickly.

"I know you do that when you're embarrassed muffin, don't be shy." He leans towards me, kissing my forehead before dragging his eyes back to my own.

He offers me a hand, helping me get out of the car. I've been a little fragile recently, seeing as I haven't walked in a few days and I'm still recovering from the hypothermia. My legs wobble below me, and I fall straight into him.

We crash into the floor, which is thankfully grass and not concrete. I land on to of Darryl, the impact of my body on his knocking his glasses as we fell. He runs a hand through the grass, desperately searching for them. They fell not too far away, and are unharmed.

I roll off of him, grabbing his glances and roughly placing them back on the older boy's face. "Thanks" Darryl smiles, a little flustered as he readjusts his glasses and stand up. I remain on the floor, worried the same thing will happen again.

Darryl sighs heavily, watching me with a sad smile which turns happier as he speaks. "Would you rather I just carry you? It's probably easier." My eyes light up. "Yes!" I practically squeal, smiling widely at my still blushing boyfriend.

He picks me up, holding my back as I wrap my legs around his waist. My arms are comfortably draped around his neck, my head peeking just over his shoulder.

As Darryl carries me to our destination, I take in where he's brought me. I don't recognise the area, it seems to be the Southern side of the large town.
We're climbing a hill it seems, high up and overlooking everything. Northbrookes is barely visible off in the distance, lights still on in the student accommodation sector.

We reach the top of the hill, and Darryl fumbles with the bag he brought. He grabs a picnic blanket, laying it out and setting me down on it. The blanket is surprisingly large, but still only covers a small section of the hill.

Darryl sits beside me, examining the gauzes on my face. He's been so helpful looking after me, so concerned that sometimes it becomes a little annoying. Honestly, it just feels nice to have someone care about me for once.

He smiles brightly at me as he replaces the gauze using a first aid kit he somehow also fit in that bag. I take in his features as he works, admiring the faint sprinkle of freckles over his nose and cheeks. As I look however, my eyes linger over his left cheek. A rather thick line cuts through his cheek, running towards his ear. On closer inspection, I see near-invisible stitches across it. There's not that many, but enough for me to be concerned.

"Darryl what happened to your cheek?" I ask quietly. The older boy freezes, scrunching his eyes before forcing them to meet my own. He watches me nervously, not wanting to answer my question. Then it clicks. "I-Is..." my voice wobbles.

"Is that from when I cut you with the knife back when I got mad at Zelk?"

I almost shudder even mentioning his name, I'm so glad I'll never see him again. Darryl's eyes widen in alarm as I look away. Guilt burns through my stomach again, like I just swallowed acid. "Zak!" Darryl rests a hand on my cheek as he chokes out my name, turning my head back to face him. I brush his hand away, eyes brimming with tears. Swiftly his hands return, now both cupping either side of my face. "Zak. Zak look at me" he pleads. I manage to bring my eyes up to his.

"Zak that wasn't you. This one" he points to the line across his cheek. "Was Zelk. You didn't do that." The guilt doesn't leave me. "Then where did I cut you?"

Darryl brings one hand away from my face, using it to sweep his bangs aside. The left side of his forehead shows a much smaller and thinner line, crusted with blood. There's no stitches. "It'll heal. You'll never know it happened" he smiles. "As will yours." He lets his fringe fall back over the cut, tracing a line on my jaw.

"What about the one on your cheek..." I trail off, knowing the answer. No sadness shows in Darryl's eyes. They're flooded with the usual comforting warmth. "That one will scar... as will the one on your forehead..."

I'm reminded of where Zelk cut me, straight across my forehead. That was after I entered the apartment and saw what had happened.

Darryl pulls out his phone, opening the camera and putting in into selfie mode. Using it as a mirror, I look to the line across my forehead. It's not as large as Darryl's, but it's still pretty big. There's a couple stitches in it which I don't remember getting.

A hand reaches up and brushes away the tears staining my cheeks. "And that's ok. It's ok they'll scar. Just... think of it as a reminder of what we've come through." He's still smiling sweetly at me, emerald eyes brightly reflecting in the night sky above. He promised me he'd bring me stargazing one day, that day is today.

The tears stop coming, a weak smile tugging at my lips. "It's ok" Darryl reminds me. "Scars heal, and so do people. We know it happened, but we move on from it."

Moving on...

I told myself I'd change. This is the change I needed.

I smile at my perfect boyfriend. "I love you" I tell him, hoping he knows how much I mean it. My smiles sweetly. "I love you too." He pulls me in for a kiss, and I forget the world around us. I'm here with him, and nothing else matters.

I am changed after all.

No longer am I a broken record, stuck on the same sad song forever. I can change the disk, start a different one. A happier one. I'm saved.

No longer am I stuck on Replay.

——— End ———

Hello! This is the end of Replay. Thanks for reading!
Love ya <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 201 23
Skeppy and Badboyhalo Planned to Meet up,but making it a secret they don't want to tell to there fans Yet! they were so excited,but nervous in a same...
14.7K 636 21
COMPLETED After Zak is finds out his boyfriend was cheating on him, he is heartbroken. He meets Darryl who offers to pretend to date Zak in order to...
9.6K 200 34
โ˜† ALMOST ENTIRELY FLUFF โ˜† โ‹†๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜๏ธŽ๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝก ๏พŸโ˜พ ๏พŸ๏ฝกโ‹† โ‹†๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜๏ธŽ๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝก ๏พŸโ˜พ ๏พŸ๏ฝกโ‹† โ‹†๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜๏ธŽ๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝก ๏พŸโ˜พ ๏พŸ๏ฝก โ˜† Things I WILL NOT do: โ˜† -smut -lemon/lime -su!c!de or sh topics -forced -a...
38.7K 1.1K 16
Zak gets a crush on Darryl and forms Hanahaki disease. Will he confess? Will he Get surgery? Will he die? skephalo story no smut blood warning some...