26 | Fear

. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~.To face others is strong, to face yourself is stronger.... . *. ~. *. ~. *. ~.

~~~

It's a bit of filler to sort some stuff out, but I'm sure none of you will complain about the cuteness.
Enjoy! Love ya <3 ~ Owl

~~~

-Zak's POV-

The police arrived sometime whilst I was asleep. I'm pretty glad they did, as I'm not sure I'd be able to contain myself if I ever saw Zelk's face again.

It took all of my willpower to not attack Zelk again once Darryl had fallen asleep. He deserved everything he almost got. He's caused so much pain to so many people.

So have I...

It was now late Sunday night, around 11 pm. I'd slept through the entire day, causing my stomach to hurt like crazy. The last time I ate was around 1 pm on Saturday, and that was just a snack. I can't remember the last time I ate properly.

I manage to wriggle my way out of Darryl's arms. Both were tightly knotted around me, as if he was scared I'd go off somewhere.

He doesn't trust you Zak, not after what you almost did to Zelk...

I don't blame him.

To think what I would've done....

I'm not even sure what I would've done. In the heat of the moment, the blinding rage dragged me towards that knife. I don't know what exactly I was planning to do with it, but it was definitely not going to be good.

I was going to hurt Zelk. And Callahan by the way I was blindly swinging the knife when he grabbed me.

What if I had killed him...

Killed them both...

Or even Darryl too...

My breathing becomes ragged, eyes widening as fear sets in. I place both hands over my heart, feeling the rapidly increasing thrumming of my heart. The world was fogging at the edges, a wave of blurry haze setting in.

I'm having a panic attack.

I get up and scramble out of the room, not really sure where I'm going. In my panic I trip over, crashing to the floorboards just outside Darryl's room. They're covered in blood, both old and new. We were both too exhausted to clean up.

The floorboards me of that day, causing me to stay laying where I fell. I glance around the room in near darkness, looking at the mess we've made.

Blood is splattered up the walls, now dry from how long ago it was spilt. The floor is the same, droplets scattering the floor. This doesn't help at all. Darryl's apartment has always been a safe place for me, but not now.

Now it looks like a scene from a horror movie, where a murder takes place.

It almost did.

It's my fault.

Slowly, I pick myself up off the floor and scramble across the main room.

The bathroom is at the end of a short hallway, opposite Darryl's room. That's where I head. It's the only place that isn't covered in blood, so it's probably where my anxiety will calm the fastest.

My vision blurs and I trip again, scraping my hand on the old bathroom door as I catch myself. Blood erupts from the cut on my hand, but I clench my hand and ignore it. I've seen enough blood not to care anymore.