𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐒𝐓 ( min yoong...

By ttakinou

❞kiss me...❝ in which breaking into the royal mint is only the second worst thing to happen to kyoto,...whic... More

the heist ;
cast ;
side cast ;
disclaimer ;
table of content ;
mixtape ;
↳act one
one ;
two ;
three ;
four ;
five ;
six ;
seven ;
eight ;
ten ;
eleven ;
twelve ;
thirteen ;
fourteen ;

nine ;

63 6 0
By ttakinou

CHAPTER NINE ;
HELLO, PROFESSOR !

sweet dreams | eurythmics

❞sweet dream are made
of this, who am I to disagree?❝

⋆⋆

TO SAY that Jungkook didn't mind a challenge was an understatement, he practically lived for them. The whole reason he became a detective was that he liked the thrill and danger that came with carrying a gun around and investigating cases. And because he wanted to impress Ara when he was twelve, but that's beside the point.

As Ara walked next to him into the police tent that was already set up in front of the mint, he just got more and more intrigued by the challenge that he was about to face.

"Good morning, everybody! As you all may know, I'm detective Jeon, primary in this special situation and this is my secondary Choi. Let's do our best to save those hostages!"

The various people that worked on this case happily agreed with his small motivational speech and Jeon felt awfully proud of himself, a small smirk on his lips as he made his way towards his desk. 

"Well, good morning, Jungkook."

A rough and cold voice spoke slowly behind him and Jungkook didn't have to turn around to know who that was. A silent groan escaped his lips before turning around to greet the man in front of him.

"Colonel Lee, what a pleasant surprise."

⋆⋆⋆

"So what do we do with all that money?" Venice asked, a smile on his lips as he leaned forward. 

We had taken a small break from preparing the plan and back then, when the view from our house was so beautiful, we couldn't really feel guilty about that.

Santiago was the first one to speak up, "I want a yacht, that's the first thing I'm going to buy, standing with some ripped Mexican dude I picked up all Jack and Rose style on the front. Both of our pants down, him f-"

"Well, I'm going to buy a farm." Paris cut off Santiago, slightly kicking his shin under the table. 

"I'm going to go somewhere with lots of small food markets and then I'm going to spend my day eating and cooking."

"Alone?" Chicago asked wiggling his brows at the pink-haired man.

"Yes. Alone. And very happy. Thank you," Paris looked at him judgingly.

"I'm going to visit you," I spoke up, happily sipping on my glass of wine. 

"You're allowed to, sweetie," He happily placed his hand over mine.

"I'm going to steal one of your chicken."

"I will notice, I promise. I'll count them every night."

As the two of us laughed a bit, Venice rolled his eyes from across the table.

"Wow. Your life sure sounds fun."

"What'll you do with all of that money, V?" Leaning my head on my hand I gave him an intrigued look.

"I'm going to buy an island, with just a small house on it. You're welcome anytime, baby."

"No, thank you, not that big of a sea-girl." 

"I'll let the water be removed, I'm going to be that rich."

"That's not how islands work though, sweetie." I smiled teasingly at him, which didn't stop V from winking at me and taking a big swig of his beer. 

The next one to speak up was Boston, but my attention slowly drifted to how comfortable I felt surrounded by all of them. How I haven't even noticed that I had let my guard down that easily. 

Smiling a bit to myself I took another sip of wine before shifting my attention to Daegu. He was bickering with V, but a teasing smile grazed his lips as he was deep in conversation with the others.

Almost automatically I reached for his hand under the table, knowing that if the Professor were to see, he'd give us a lecture about breaking the rules and being a danger to the plan, and while he was right, Daegu's hand simply felt too warm in mine.

His mouth tasted too sweet to be bitter.

His skin was too soft to be evil.

His love was simply too good to be bad. 

⋆⋆⋆

"Jeon?" Jungkook stared mindlessly down at the files before him, too caught up in his train of thought to even hear Ara's sweet voice call out to him.

"Jungkook?" 

"Hm?" He finally looked up, there was a hint of annoyance in her eyes, but Junkook had known her long enough to recognise the look of concern she was trying to hide from him, even if he was unsure whether or not she was concerned about him.

"They're communicating, we don't know how, but we suspect over analogue, which means this was more than just a quick cash grab, those fuckers had this planned."

Jungkook just nodded, still obviously distracted by something until Ara put his hand on her his shoulder harshly turning him towards her. 

"If Lee is bothering you,-"

"He's not bothering me, I'm just worried, that's all and honestly I just- It was a long week." 

He sighed, putting his hand carefully on top of hers, anyone could see in both of their faces that neither had slept much over the last few days, which was understandable but troubling none the less.

"Careful, Choi, I'm not sure you're his... kind," Colonel Lee chuckled lowly as he walked past them, bumping shoulders with Jungkook while doing so before Ara could tackle him from behind and wipe that smug grin off his face, Jungkook carefully but sternly held her by the waist.

"We've managed to get a connection to the Royal Mint, Boss."

One of the officers said, passing the headset onto Jungkook, who poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue before putting it on.

"Hello? My name is Jeon Jungkook, the inspector in charge of negotiations."

"Well, hello, Inspector Jeon," A voice spoke, calmly with such a distorted voice it almost pained his ears.

"Who am I speaking with here?"

"The genius behind it all."

Ara put on her own headphone, listening to his metallic voice.

"He has a voice changer," she snapped her fingers at one of the Communications Department officers.

"Already cleaning up the signal," he instantly responded, not even looking up from his computer in doing so.

"I apologise for this hideous metallic voice, but I'm sure you can understand that I have to hide my identity. Just in case we'll need to fly to somewhere with our helicopter."

"That's what you want? A helicopter?" Jungkook asked in disbelieve.

"Oh, believe me, Jeon, you won't have to buy it, as soon as we're out of here-"

"-What makes you so sure you'll get out at all?"

"I'm used to getting what I want and I don't see that changing anytime soon." The professor spoke, lowly his voice cold and calm.

Jungkook huffed in disbelieve, a confident smirk on his face as he played with the pen in his hand, "Well, there's a first for everything."

There was a short pause, it was tense and Ara could see from the way Jungkook's hand clenched around the pen and slowly relaxed again that he was enjoying the thrill of it, as sick as that was.

"Can I ask you something, Detective Jeon?" 

"Sure, go ahead."

"Do you still remember your first kiss?"

Jungkook's breathing stocked. Ara's eyes furrowed as she heard that, what kind of game was this guy playing? Was he trying to win more time? But most importantly What the hell did this guy just ask? 

"You heard me right, so, do you?"

"Of course I do," Jungkook gulped, tilting his head to the side for a second as he clutched his hand once again around the blue pen.

"Tell me about it."

Jungkook looked around the room uncomfortably.

"Oh, wait, sorry I forgot you're not alone, are you? UDEV, UIT, CNI, GEOs too?"

"No, no I'm not alone."

Ara was shocked at how prepared these guys were and while she would never admit it, she was impressed. She leaned onto the table, her hand grazing Jungkook's only shortly as she propped herself up on the cold metal table.

"Then please, I would like to introduce myself. Gentleman, it's a pleasure."

Jungkook squinted his eyes deep in thought before deciding to play along with the professors game and casually leaning back to let Ara introduce herself.

"Hello, my name is Choi Ara, deputy detective."

Ara gestured at some of the staff to introduce themself, which gave Jungkook time to think about just how odd this case was, a challenge if there ever was one. Once again, Jungkook found himself smirking as he planned his next move in his mind. The blood in his veins was boiling and he could feel the adrenaline rush through his body.

"So... could you answer my question now?"

Jungkook's hand was calm, just like his voice as he leaned forward.

"I was twelve when it happened, she was my best friend and I...finally got the guts to tell her how I feel on Valentines Day, we went on a date and I kissed her goodnight."

"Was it... good?"

"We were twelve, I don't remember."

"Did you do it again?"

This time Jungkook was quiet, his eyes shortly met with Ara's who was trying to stay as professional as she could, but she felt the stares of her co-workers on her. The heat that was rushing to her cheeks was not helping her as she tried to calm her breathing.

Including Jungkooks, who was slowly getting annoyed and as much as he liked playing games, he loved solving cases.

"My question; What do you want?"

There was a small pause before the professor responded.

"Time. First and foremost I would like to inform you that we are very heavily armed and not unprepared to defend ourselves if you should try to start an intervention. We don't want anyone to get hurt, do we?"

"No, no we don't. But in order to trust you, I expect something from you in return. Free the school kids, they're minors and it'll make this a lot easier for all of us."

"I'll think about it."

With that, the professor hung up.

Jungkook just stared at the pen he held up in front of him with his fingers, caught up he replayed every second of this conversation in his head. 

Colonel Lee scoffed loudly, "What a fucking psychopath starts flirting with his negotiator." 

Jungkook stood up letting the pen fall on the table.

"He wasn't flirting. He was playing a game."

A game Jungkook was determined to win.

⋆⋆⋆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 4.2K 18
((COMPLETED)) You blink and feel a tear run down your cheek. You lean over to Yoongi and take his hand. He faces you again. You pull him into a hug a...
4.2K 328 48
There were seven of us. Seven guys who were friends since high school and later created a group. Spent a lot of their time together. I couldn't wish...
129K 3.6K 13
𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙙。 ❝love is the sweetest form of suicide❞ ❝as it may be❞ -in which jeon jeongguk broke kim taehyung's heart. @-unloyalhoe 06/29/17 ...
53.1K 2K 42
Park Jimin felt his first heartbreak at the age of 14 when Min Yoongi, his childhood bestfriend, leaves him without a word. 4 years later Yoongi came...