Him Above the Clouds; Her Hea...

Por FanaticInFantasy15

Out of all the girls I've met, she's the only one who ever made a huge impression on me. Every time we meet... Mais

Quick Author's Note
Remembering First Impressions, Ch. 1
What Do You See in Me, Ch. 2
Went Too Far, Ch. 3
Did you know that I hate you right now? Ch.4
Elevator Talk, Ch. 5
DAMN NERD! Ch. 6
Arrangements on our Estrangement, Ch.7
Vomited Clothes on a Bucket, Ch. 8
It Only Takes One Shot, Ch. 9
Your Female Genie, At Your Service! Ch. 10
Hidden Terrors Breaking the Tough Guy? Ch. 11
Circling in Wheels of Emotions, Ch. 12
Dreams on Ramen Stalls, Ch. 13
Amusements in Beach City! Ch. 15
Museum of Constellations, Ch. 16
Rain, Ch. 17
Dinner at Bakugo's, Ch. 18
The Next Day, Ch. 19 (last)
Deleted Scenes

Hold On, and Don't Die! Ch. 14

440 24 3
Por FanaticInFantasy15

Outline of what happened on the previous chapters.

Day One, evening.

1. (Published. October 22, 2019)
Uraraka confesses her feelings about Deku on him, but gets interrupted on Deku side of story.

2. (Published. November 18, 2019)
Uraraka coming into Bakugo's room asking for advice. Happened earlier before the confession (early evening). Bakugo really planned the interruption.

3. (Published. November 24, 2019)
Uraraka's side of the previous chapter, found the binoculars.

4. (Published. November 28, 2019)
Returning of the binoculars. Playing the First Impressions game. Bakugo and Uraraka are it.

5. (Published. December 6, 2019)
Kirishima and Bakugo talking about his feelings for Uraraka on the elevator. Happened before the impression game. Bakugo's side of the previous chapter.

6. (Published. February 29. 2020)
Deku's side of the first chapter and the continuation of the previous chapter. The talk between Bakugo and him (late in the afternoon), earlier than Uraraka asking for advice to Bakugo. Uraraka's side after the game. She and Deku went to her room.

7. (Published. April 1, 2020)
Bakugo and Deku fighting in Uraraka's room. The scene at the rooftop. One wish.

8. (Published. April 1, 2020)
Spending the night in Bakugo's room. The dream.

Day Two, early in the morning.

9. (Published. April 1, 2020)
Two of of them waking up early in the morning. Explaining each other's side on what happened on the previous chapter. Kirishima got away with it. Two wishes.

10. (Published. April 30, 2020)
Kirishima apparently took pictures for some goofy friendly blackmail in the future. Mina and him moment. Three wishes, then the preparation for the 'date'.

11. (Published. April 30, 2020)
Both walking towards the destination of the 'date'. Reminding Uraraka and confirming her emotions on the League of Villains accident stated on ch. 1 if she's actually okay. Thus, bringing up the horror of the villains kidnapping him on Bakugo's side unintentionally in return. Train like usual, but earlier than usual. Using up the first wish.

12. (Published. April 30, 2020)
Rollerskating moment. Skates made by momo on ch. 10. Accident happened.

~short hiatus~

13. (Published. August 24, 2020)
Eating ramen at some stall. The dream last night stated.

Okay, here we go.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Chapter 14: Hold on, and don't die!

Third Person's POV
---------------------------------------------------------

"Wait, slow down, Bakugo! I'm feeling dizzy..." Uraraka panted, limping slightly as she keeps up with the blonde hot-head.

After they pack up, they immediately went deep in the forest area at the edge of the public park. Tall trees surrounding them with nothing but birds chirping as their only music in the dark, early morning sky. The sun still hasn't risen yet.

"Just a little more, bear with me Uraraka, it will all be worth it." Bakugo replied, heaving as the running and dragging can took a toll at him.

Though their next destination needs a bit more of urgency to reach the place at the perfect moment, he makes sure that Uraraka is safe and unharmed from the harsh journey as possible.

He's surprised when she didn't hesitate one bit and just went along with it. He felt guilty but quickly diminished the thought because the next plan is going to make up for it.

The tattered leggings and all...

It just can't wait, not until they're there.

As soon as he caught the glimpse of it, they slowly stopped running. Both are standing to look at the enormous piece of earth in front of them.

"Is this the place?" Uraraka said while catching her breath. She inspected the tall cliff in front of them, raising her head higher to see the edge. "It's kinda beautiful." But the tone of her voice says otherwise.

To be honest, if you've run for some kilometers to see this piece of dirt, you wouldn't say this with full heartfelt.

"Nope, not yet Angel Face. Not even close." Bakugo kneeled down and place his backpack on the ground. Digging through the compartment, he takes out his mountain climbing gear.

Two sets, apparently.

"No way, are we going to climb all the way to the top?!" All the restlessness from her body seem to take a vacay because she's downright squealing inside, excitement running through her veins for the exciting activity.

"Huh, I thought you're gonna whine about it or do something annoying. Guess I underestimated your passion for outdoors." He grabs the gear and hands it to her.

"Are you sure you're okay with this..?"
Then he wears his gear like usual.

"Yeah! Guess I'm not the only one with the surprises. Just let me change first..." She says, mentioning her little torns in the leggings, a few holes are a bit bigger it might scathe her for the second time around.

It made the boy blushed he glance away so she can't notice it.

"Hurry up, then. We're already behind schedule..." Turning around the other way so she can do her business.

A few moments later, she change into her new set of leggings while him finished wearing his safety gear.

"Can I turn around now?"

"Yes, you can." She replies.

She is seen wearing yet another again a black set of leggings, with also shorts on the outside.

"Seriously, it's like you sew those perfectly like it never happen! How many black leggings you have in there?" He scoffs, joking on how different yet same she dressed.

"Oh please, I have these as much as you have those black skull t-shirts you have in your wardrobe."

"Touché, Angel Face...touché."

"Anyways, how do you wear these gears you gave me? I don't know a thing about mountain climbing as much as rollerskating hours before I tried it." She struggles with the buckles and ropes that became tangled.

"Guess I'll teach you again, huh?" He comes closer to the brunette and simply untangles the ropes and gear.

"So, you have to put your legs in these straps..."

The closeness of the two is enough for Uraraka to lose focus; becoming lost on her thoughts.

~•~•~•

Why's my chest beating so fast every time I noticed our proximity to each other? It's not like this is any different. Besides, we're always kinda close from time to time...

Until the game, the roof, the night before, and the morning after that...

Since when did things get so weird for me?

Yet he didn't seem to mind. He sometimes notices the tension but shrugs it off like nothing.

Is it all really normal in the first place?

What did he meant by the game last night? Did he really smiled at me before I confessed to Deku? What about when he said 'I love you' to me in his sleep?

Which reminds me of what I had asked him the last time I ask for his advise...

'Have you ever liked someone before?'

Does he have feelings for me? And I just keep denying it?

Does my admiration for him is still platonic? Or is it becoming more without me knowing?

If he does have a thing for me, do I really feel the same?

Why is it all confusing? Why do I make myself so confused?

But, if you think about it...Wait, really?! For him..? Am I fa—

~•~•~•

"Hello? Earth to Uraraka, are you there?" She realizes she zones out while he's giving instructions on wearing the gear.

"Umm, sorry. I didn't quite heard that. Can you, uhh, repeat it again?"

"Repeat about what?" He blushes; looking away, then looking down.

"Why what's wrong—" she also looks down and realizes she's already wearing it. The straps surrounds her buttocks and waist, and a rope is attached on the sides of her waist strap, and a huge buckle in the middle of her hips.

"You didn't speak or anything, and you just oblige to everything I motioned out for you. I thought I should just do it. Is there something wrong..."

Seeing the girl blushed as well, he's face turns into a smirk, "Or are you uncomfortable saying anything while I geared you up?"

"Whaaat? Pshh, no! Just some silly thoughts, that's all.." Waving her hands at him, denying the fact otherwise. "Haha, maybe you are!" She points at him like a child thinking she won.

An awkward silence looms over the depressing situation.

"Okay! Let me just—" As she walks away to attempt to grab her backpack,  she's being pulled back by the rope connecting the two of them that it cause Bakugo and Uraraka to stumble upon each other.

Her back was pressed against on his body. The two didn't move for a moment, inhaling deeply.

As the two just stand still, both are observing each other's slight movement, of how her hair falls on her shoulder then on his chest, of how his arms embraces her torso tightly in an attempt to stop her sudden shift in inertia, of how they both breath in and out in sync; their each other's presence could feel the warm air escaping from their lips.

His arms now fully embraces her, hugging her from behind. His head resting above the other's head. Her hands holding his forearms, nothing to disrupt their temporary tranquility. Only the tall trees of the forest observing them and accompanying their agitated emotions.

As short as it is, the two broke out of their trance and distance each other. The two of them gaze at the other ones eyes, then both looking away. This time, Bakugo is the first one to talk.

"Sorry, I forgot to adjust the rope length on us. I usually shorten it after I use it. Let me adjust it." With some tweaks on his belt and tutoring the other to the the same, they're ready to take on the cliff.

"If I may ask, have you done this before, Bakugo?" If her first time skating wasn't nervous enough, this will.

"Unlike you, yes I've done this lots of times. But I never get to do this with someone besides my dad...so..." He checks his safety gear if they're fitted nice and tight, to avoid the gaze of the girl beside him.

"Basically, it's your first time doing this with your friend..?" She also mimics the other; checking the straps and laces of her climbing outfit, in fear that she may have a loosen helmet or the harness or something that may endanger her life.

The last word struck him the most. It somehow aches his heart from the thought.

Yeah, besides being her classmate, a worthy opponent, she's technically kinda my friend. A friend...nothing more?

Do I really want it more than that? Would she reciprocate?

"Yes, you're the first person at my age to do this with me." Stopping his train of thought from perceiving more, he responds quickly, hiding the pain in his tone of voice.

"Wow, I feel honored. I'm glad it's me." Her hand is located in the middle of her chest, as an expression of gratitude, with a disbelief on her face.

She didn't see that coming, because she thought he could've done this with Kirishima or Sero, but no. He chose her.

I feel special, in a way. She thought.

"Great, let's do this." He puts some chalky powder or dust into his hands, rubbing his palms and then claps. An explosion of dust fills the air that made Urarake cough a little.

"Sorry about that. Here..."

He gives the chalky substance placed in a bottle to Uraraka.

"I'll start first. Then I'll signal you if you can climb now." Bakugo advise his doe-eyed brunette. Then he started climbing that very same cliff when he was still a little boy.

When his father and him go outdoors for the summer, they usually take on the cliff Bakugo and Uraraka are now trying to climb. The often the father and his son climb on this piece of land, the more Bakugo remembers the spots and the marks which are safe to hold and ascend higher.

Which makes it seem easy for the blonde hot-head to climb.

Uraraka, still on the ground, takes note of what places and spots he had been holding on to and ascend, while also looking out for the former in case something bad happens.

Fortunately, he gone up ten feet high without a scratch.

"Okay, your turn." He anchors a hook on the cliff wall. The hook is attached to a line where Bakugo and Uraraka is connected. That way, in case Uraraka falls when she climbs, Bakugo can use his weight to bring himself down safely in a way to lift Uraraka up; stopping her fall.

(A/N. If you're still confused on how they climb, I used the reference from Craig of the Creek episode "The Climb" where the trio climb a big tree to reach Craig's phone on top of the tree. I don't know much about mountain climbing, so use your imagination to the fullest.)

The two are having such repetitive rhythm. After Uraraka anchors a hook on her spot just beside Bakugo's, he unhook his and then he starts climbing. He anchors his hook on his spot when he climbed 10 feet more, then signals the lady to unhook hers meaning she's safe enough to climb towards him.

Bakugo climbs, then hooks up his spot. Uraraka unhooks hers, climbs, and hooks hers just besides Bakugo's.

It took at least 5 cycles until...

"Uh oh..." Worry shows on her tone.

"What the matter, Angel Face? Can I climb now?" His eyes widen when he sees on Uraraka's hand.

"I think my hook is wearing out...and the knot of the rope holding it is starting to loosen. If you try to climb without my hook attached to it, we'll both fall..." She tries to hook it on the dirt of the cliff when-

"NO! Don't hook it under there! That's the soft part of the cliff!" He stops her motion.

Shit, what the hell are we going to do?

He looks up to see they're only 20 feet away below the surface of the cliff. It's too late to descend with only one hook from the other.

"This is risky, but we have no other choice." He still contemplates on the idea, but he sees no other way.

"I'm fine with risks. Just tell me what to do." Determined to risk their lives trying, she believes in Bakugo's decision.

No matter what.

"I have to climb all the way to the top without any hook support. This is tricky because we're on the soft spot of the cliff. Leaves and branches are growing around from this area. If we try pull them for support, they might detach from the cliff. The rocks and dirt may fall. And if we aren't careful, we could fall when we grip the slippery parts of the rocks." He observes the situation above.

"What if you—"

"Please, no matter what happens Angel Face, don't let go from your spot until I say so." He makes her promise.

"Okay, I will." She assures him.

"From my signal, you'll hold on as long as you can. If you're slipping, signal me. I'll anchor my hook as possible."

She nods at his statement. Bakugo then starts to climb.

He tries not to exhaust himself too much or his sweat from his palms may trigger an explosion if he let his emotions get the best of him. Patient as he climbs on the greasy part of the cliff with minimal effort as possible. He also looks down to make sure the rope attached to him and Uraraka is not getting tangled from the branches; rerouting his way as he encounters such things.

Uraraka, on the other hand, endures the unmoving position she's in. She later contemplates that she cannot use her quirk at all for she needs all her fingertips touching each other to activate. One false move and their names can only be seen on their graves.

Luckily, the boy manage to climb all the way to the top on such a pressured predicament. But the anxiety slowly fillling up on the girl realizes she didn't took note on what spots Bakugo use to ascend himself.

She also notes to herself she can't look up either without taking any risks.

Bakugo, safe at the top, finds a place to anchor his hook. He saw one and anchors it in the firmest way possible.

Yelling, he signals her.

"You can climb up now."

She was relieved to hear that. Reluctantly, she ascends. With a bit of intuition and carefulness, she made halfway through.

"That's it, just a few more..." He mumbles to himself. He watches over her, his concern and worry from her to the highest level. He grips on the rope just in case.

"Yes, almost there..." She says. But her enthusiasm got carried away.

She didn't noticed she was gripping on a mossy rock, thus losing her grip and balance. Her feet slips; her whole body falls, dangling midair with only her rope attached to her being the lifeline on her possible death.

"NO! URARAKA!" He grips it tightly in an attempt to save her...

"I'm okay! I'm okay!" She shouts back, assuring the hothead.

He realizes she didn't fall all the way down. She is instead, floating.

She manage to activate her quirk just in time, but she doesn't have the energy to float herself up because all the climbing took a massive toll on her.

"Don't scare me the shit out of me like that! I won't forgive myself if something bad happens to you Angel Face..." He's still gripping on the rope that Uraraka's attached to.

"I'm sorry. I should've been more careful. Don't worry, I'm almost there..." She grips the rope tightly and ascends herself by fast walking, kinda like when you're walking in a hanging bridge, except upwards. When she got to the edge of the surface, she deactivates it and grips on a stable rock. Bakugo mange to hold her hands to lift her up to the ground.

"That's the closest shit you've been to meeting Death." He side punch her.

"Oh please not yet. I still love to live." She laughs at his response.

"So, want to see the view?" He immediately covers her eyes using his hands."

The sun just starts rising at the horizon.

"Gladly please, Bakugo."

He turns her in front of the view.

"Okay, in three," He whispers.

"...two,"

"one."

He slowly uncovers her eyes. She takes in the moment.

"It's beautiful." She becomes mesmerized; smiling. This time, it's genuine.

Unknowingly, the boy beside him smiles too, but looking on her instead.

"Yeah, it is."

And from that moment, everything is just pure sincerity.

---------------------------------------------------------
A/N. Thank you for being patient with me for so long. I can't believe it has 2k reads already! Thank you guys for everything!

It's almost a year now since this book started! And I hope I can end it at this month.

How's school? How's life? I hope you guys are having a good time.

What do you guys think of the chapter? Excited for more? Stay tuned!

No. of Words (a/n and outline excluded): 2741

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

17.8K 568 37
Understanding Katsuki Bakugou certainly was a challenge. But there still somehow had to be a way to learn how Ochakos classmate thinks just so she co...
305K 8.2K 32
『𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆...』 Her quirk changed everything the minute it appeared. "You will alway be a villain." "I know. That's...
25.7K 1.2K 90
Hiraku Nakahara had made a lot of choices throughout her entire childhood. She had chosen to live happily despite her tragic past. She had chosen to...
74K 1K 13
Kacchako is my favorite ship from My Hero Academia and I felt compelled to write some fan fiction about it! So yeah! Also there will be some smut so...