Return, Retry, Restart...Cont...

By DarkDespair713

You wanted to be with them. Little did you know, that when real flesh and blood are involved... a world with... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 35 (FOR REAL)
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Recap
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70

Chapter 42

6.5K 296 787
By DarkDespair713

"Chairs!" Kokichi shouted the second we entered the trial room. "Good Job Monokuma!" 

Monokuma growled, "I only did it because it made sense." 

Meanwhile you were somewhat in shock. Yes you were relieved because this was about to be easier on your poor aching legs, but you were shocked that it changed at all. But you were grateful nonetheless. The chairs weren't fancy or anything, they kinda reminded you of the chairs in the bar, with like a blue swivel top. There was barely any support for your back but that was okay. 

(^Like This, But like a lighter blue? Kinda to match the theme) 

Well, either way you were glad for them. Although it takes a bit of the seriousness away, but you didn't mind. Plus the height was adjustable. You watched from the corner of your eye as Ryoma put his really high up, you tried to stifle your laughter. Soon enough everyone got to their places. Monokuma did his usual commentary, explaining how the trial works, and soon enough, our third trial was beginning. 

"Okay, there are two ways we can start this." Rantaro started us off, "We can either listen to Angie's testimony now, or we can discuss the facts that we found, rule off certain people and... then use these facts to determine how much of Angie's story is true." 

"I vote for the second option!" You chimed in, while yes you wanted to listen to Angie's story as soon as possible, you also thought it would be better to get all the facts out of the way, especially while they were still fresh in your memory. Luckily for you, no one really cared, except for Kokichi who protested that he wanted to hear Angie's story but everyone else was okay with going over the facts first. 

"Alright, I'll start then." Shuichi spoke up, "So um, both Tsumugi and Korekiyo's bodies had head trauma,  and slashes in their necks according to the monokuma file. I also noticed that Tsumugi's clothes were more covered in dust and small debris than Korekiyo's was." 

"Dust? Why would that matter. In those rooms there's probably a lot of dust." said Ryoma "I don't see how that's relevant." 

Shuichi shook his head, "It is, because it's very possible that Tsumugi's dead body was dragged along the floor, meaning she probably didn't die in the dark room we found her in. Although I'm not positive." 

"Was there anything else of note in the same room?" Kirumi asked. 

"Nope! I checked the room out myself!" Kaito declared proudly, "Except one of the floor board pieces were loose, I picked it up but there was no blood on it." 

"It was loose?" Rantaro asked, "Funny, me and (Y/N) found a loose floorboard as well... but there was blood on it." A few audible gasps were sounded, but Rantaro continued on, "This was in the room right next to the one we found the bodies in."  

"We also found a saw in the gap after picking it up. Which I'm going to assume cut both the necks of Korekiyo and Tsumugi." You added, "But speaking of blood, Shuichi was there any blood on the heads of either Korekiyo or Tsumugi?" 

"Tsumugi, yes. Korekiyo, no." Shuichi answered. "However Korekiyo was definitely hit hard on the head, maybe not hard enough to draw blood, but definitely enough to knock him unconscious." 

"Okay, So so far, my theory is that the culprit hit Tsumugi on the head with the floor board in the second dark room, the one where Rantaro and I found the floorboard lying in the open." 

Kokichi groaned out loud, "Can we hurry up, I just want to get to Angie's story already!" 

"For once, I believe that may be the best course of action. Unless there are other clues you all would like to discuss?" Keebo asked. 

There was a pause in the trial room, as if everyone was thinking about what to talk about next. "Alibis perhaps?" Tenko asked. 

You nodded "Yeah, lets do that first. I was in my room at the time of the murder, and Kirumi saw me leaving my room when the announcement was made." 

"I was with the three males, Rantaro, Kaito and Shuichi, for awhile before and during the murder." Tenko stated, while the rest of them nodded showing that they agreed. 

"Well, Gonta saw Kirumi head to dorms before murder. Kokichi was with Gonta at time as well." 

"Keebo and I were patrolling for the student council." Ryoma answered. 

You looked over to Angie, "Angie? Your alibi?" 

"Nyahah! Listen to my story and you will understand why I don't have an alibi!" She answered instead. 

Rantaro let out a sigh, "Alright, let's listen. Why did you kill Korekiyo?" 

"Atua told me too!"

Honestly, the reasoning was almost so laughable that you couldn't believe it. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah. After all Korekiyo was just another filthy non-believer who also was a murderer and wouldn't accept just staying here in peace!" Angie spoke, "Also, killing one of Atua's followers... is just horrible."

"Are you saying... Korekiyo killed Tsumugi?" Shuichi questioned.

Angie gave a grin, "Mhm! That's exactly it!"

"Gonta... don't really understand."

Ryoma let a scoff, "Don't worry big guy, I don't think any of us do."

"Then... for the sake of clarity, Angie would you please give us your witness account?" Kirumi suggested.

"Alright!" Angie said, "So... I was in my lab preparing for the ritual. And Tsumugi was with me. She went to go get some candles from the dark rooms, for the ritual. After a bit, she didn't come back, so I went to go look for her."

"So... you came to this room?" Tenko asked.

Angie nodded, "That's right! I came here expecting to find Tsumugi... but what did I see?" Angie dramatically pauses, but continues on... her voice dripping with malice. "I saw that filthy non-believer dragging Tsumugi's body."

"So... then you came behind him and hit him? With?" You asked.

"The floor board you found. I found it just lying next to a saw and a gap in the floor in the middle room, in the second dark room, so when I saw Korekiyo dragging Tsumugi's body... Atua told me to grab the floorboard piece and hit him with it!"

Angie paused again to take a breath, she looked around for a brief moment, as if surveying her classmates' reactions. "Once he fell, he was still breathing... and Atua told me to finish his punishment... so I grabbed the saw from the other room and cut the back of Korekiyo's neck."

"Aw... if she's telling the truth then this is just boring." Kokichi whined, "Man... there goes Shuichi's only use..."

"Hey! Shut up!" Kaito shouted.

"I-It's fine Kaito really." Shuichi said, tipping his hat down a bit, "So then what?"

"Well... when I killed Korekiyo, Atua thought the best plan would be to hide the saw underneath the middle room... so I put the saw underneath... I was going to replace the floor board but then..."

"You heard us huh?" Rantaro asked, "I did think it was somewhat suspicious that we found you only a little bit of a distance away from these rooms."

"So she had no choice but to leave the crime scene immediately huh?" Ryoma noted. "Well... that clears up a lot." 

"I guess that's it then? Kiyo was the murderer?" Kokichi asked, "See (Y/N), we didn't even have to listen to all of you talk about clues for hours, Angie saw the murderer in action." 

"Voting time then?" Monokuma asked. "Man, this might be a record!" 

"Wait!" You shouted, "I hate to be the one to do this... but how exactly do we know that everything Angie just said is true?" 

There were a few audible mutters amongst the group, as if your words made them realize that.

"Are you saying that Angie would lie?" Keebo asked, "No way! Angie's the Student Council President, she can't lie!" 

"Keebo's right! Angie no tell lies!" Gonta agreed. 

Rantaro sighed, "I mean, it is a possibility." 

"No way! I say we just vote for Korekiyo right now!" Kokichi shouted. 

Ryoma looked at me and then back at his fellow student council members, as if he was wondering whether or not he should continue keeping his cover. "Yeah... I think Angie's telling the truth as well." 

"Ryoma how could yo—" Kaito cut himself off, as if he just remembered that Ryoma was our spy and was most likely keeping our cover. "I agree with Rantaro and (Y/N), we gotta find the truth!" 

"Heh, what happened to your philosophy about believing in others." Kokichi sneered. "Either way we should just vote!" 

"Atua agrees with that as well!" 

"I think we should continue discussing." Kirumi said cooly. 

"Wowee! This argument is getting intense!" Monokuma cut in, "At times like these, we are proud to present... our morphenomenal trial grounds!" 

As the platforms started rising up, the student council members were on the opposite side of you, all in support of voting for Korekiyo right now. While everyone else was floating next to you. 

"I was afraid this would happen. Angie's cult has too much power." Rantaro sighed, and then gave you a smile, "Oh well, we can't lose this!" 

You responded to him with a nod, and looked back at the student council members, you weren't going to back down now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trial Scenes are always a lot of work. 

Anyway, what do you guys think about Angie's story? Is she telling the truth? Or lying? 

Or maybe you don't know and you're gonna just wait for the next chapter. That's cool too. 

Anyway, took a day longer than usual, but mainly cause this chapter is longer than usual. Still, my apologies for that. 

Anyway! As always thank you all for reading! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 84 47
When you wake up in a locker you're certain things are already falling apart. Your very being there is a mix up that you can't explain. This new worl...
4.4K 243 17
i will definitely be returning to this story. <3 --- πƒπˆπ‹π„πŒπŒπ€ : 𝐊. πŽπŒπ€ ...
81.4K 2.8K 25
COVER DOES NOT BELONG TO ME, ALL RIGHT GO TO THE ORIGINAL ARTIST!! (SPOILERS) 'The Killing Game......' 'I thought It ended......' 'I'm suppose to be...
32.8K 903 35
"Heyyy! Pay attention to me!" The purple haired troublemaker exclaimed, tugging your arm away from the taller boy next to you. "Don't go hogging (Y/N...