Bruised And Broken

By SlothStories101

🌻 FINISHED 🌻 Endeavor has been abusing Todoroki Shoto since his quirk manifested... but what will happen wh... More

Beaten
Overuse
Questioning
"You're Late"
Training
On to me?
Following
Drunk
Aizawa's uncertainty
Early Exams
Informing Endeavour
His Wrath
Pros Vs No.1
Finding Todoroki
Visitors
Temporary Guardians
Blue Rooms and Soba Incidents
"You're Safe Now."
A week's time
The Whistling of a Kettle
Scar
BANG! CRASH! THUMP!
Midoriya's visit
The News
Counselling and Rules
Screams in the Night
Up in Flames
Down in Ice
Groupchat Shenanigans
"I'M FINE!"
Monoma Strikes Again
Adjustment
The Basement
Distant
Movie Night
Court Date
Cat Cafe
Tsukauchi Arrives
Baking
Sick
Friday
Court
The Alley
Missing
Rain
Found
Waiting
Dabi's Story
Stress
"He's dead."
Touya
Visits
"Please don't leave me again."
Cats in Hospitals
Hawks
"Thank you, dads."

New Home

11.7K 308 192
By SlothStories101

~Aizawa's POV~

After a few minutes, Todoroki's eyes drooped shut and his breathing slowed and steadied. Hizashi flashed me a toothy grin.

"We could catch up on some sleep too." He whispered, desperately suppressing his voice to it's lowest volume. 

"Yeah..." I mumbled tiredly as he dragged me over to the grey sofa situated in the room. We both collapsed into the cosiness, enveloped in each other's warm arms. Hizashi snuggled into the crook of my neck and I felt my eyelids close as sleep claimed us. 

The next morning

 I opened one eye to check on Todoroki. He was awake, eyeing us with a confused look.

"You okay kid?" I whispered to avoid waking Hizashi.

"Uh yeah, I just didn't know-" He nodded towards me and my husband.

"Yeah. He can be an annoying cockatoo sometimes." I laughed softly, graced with a small smile from the boy.

"That's what Bakugou called him once." Todoroki said, cut off by a mumble of protest from Hizashi.

"I'm not-" He began, wiping drool from his chin. "A cockatoo." He creased his face into a mock frown.

"Are you angry?" Todoroki questioned, eyes wide and dancing with fear.

"What- no!" Hizashi cried hastily. Todoroki nodded warily, seemingly unconvinced. I cleared my throat, bringing the attention back to me.

"You get out of hospital today." I said. "But you can't go to school for the next week."

"But-" Todoroki began to protest.

"No buts. I know you don't like missing school but I'll get Midoriya to send you his notes." I retorted calmly. The boy inclined his head quickly. 

"I apologise. I shouldn't have questioned your judgement." He murmured earnestly. 

"It's okay!!" Hizashi laughed. At that moment, the doctor walked in.

"Shoto Todoroki is cleared to leave whenever you're ready." He announced with a small smile. 

"Thanks." I said, placing the clothes All Might had brought him earlier. "Your other clothes were- uh- kinda stained."

"By blood." Todoroki sourly mutters to himself. Suddenly, he gasps and Hizashi rushes to his side.

"I-I l-left F-Fuyumi." He gulped, panicked eyes darting everywhere.

"Hey kid. Don't worry. She's in the waiting room." I assured him gently. A visible wave of relief washes over him. 

"C-can I see her?"

"Of course." Hizashi bobs his head and briskly walks away to fetch the sister. I'm left alone with Todoroki, who is awkwardly twisting the blanket.

"How long has this been going on for?" I quietly asked and his eyes met mine.

"W-what?" He averts his gaze.

"The abuse." He flinches harshly.

"It's not-"

"It is. There's no point in denying it now." I cut him off. "How long?" I asked again. He sighed in defeat, staring at his hands.

"Since my quirk manifested." He mumbled. I suppressed a gasp as  hatred churned in my stomach towards the No.1 hero. Heroes are meant to save people. Not hurt them. I rested my trembling hand on his knee, only to realise he was shaking too. Looking up to his face, I saw thin shining tears threatening to spill over. One thing I never thought I would see; Todoroki crying. But over these past few hours, I realised I was most likely going to see this a lot in the following weeks. All the trauma this boy has gone through... is unspeakable.

The door burst open and both Todoroki and myself jerked our heads up. Fuyumi dashed towards Todoroki, smothering him in a hug.

"Sho! I'm sorry Sho- I'm so so sorry." She sobbed into his hospital gown. He buried his face into her shoulder whispering that it wasn't her fault. She sat on the bed, resting her hands on his shoulders as she pushed them apart. Fondly, Fuyumi looked at Todoroki.

"I'm going to get an apartment of my own now you're safe." She said and Todoroki's eyes flashed with joy. So this woman in her early 20s was stuck at home to protect her little brother... I felt my anger flare up again, and Hizashi must've noticed because he placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. I rested my hand on his and we looked into each other's eyes lovingly. 

"I have to go to work." Fuyumi grimaced. "But I'll check on you later."

"He won't be in the hospital later." I cut in. She turned to me, brow furrowed. "He'll be home with us." I explained.

~Todoroki's POV~

Home... Was home with Aizawa and Present Mic? Or was it with the old man- No. That place was a hell hole. What was a home then? A house? Or a safe loving place?

"Well, I'll be going. Bye Sho- Shoto?" I snapped my head up to see everyone peering worriedly at  me.

"I'm fine." I mumbled. "Bye Fuyumi." She gave me a small wave and was out the door. 

"Well-uh- You need to get changed." Present Mic nodded towards a pile of clothes at the bottom of my bed. "Do you need help or-"

"I can manage." I muttered, a blush creeping across my cheeks. Aizawa and Present Mic hummed and left the room together. They looked happily into each other's eyes. Is that what proper love looks like? Is that normal? 

I shook my head to clear my thoughts, and swung my legs out of the bed. The tiled floor was cold and smooth, calming like ice. Reaching for the clothes, I bit back a yelp as pain shot through my chest. I dressed myself slowly and cautiously but failed to muffle the pitiful whine that escaped my mouth when I pulled the hoodie on. Aizawa and Present Mic instantly bursted through the door, faces drowned in concern.

"I'm okay." I said, wincing slightly.

"You have to be careful with broken ribs because-" Hizashi began to ramble.

"I know." I blurted out, remembering all the times I'd fought through the pain with nothing more than ibuprofen. 

"How-" Aizawa started with narrowed eyes. "Actually, I think I know." Present Mic's face dropped and I stared down at my hands. 

"Anyway kid, it's time we go home." He said, features softening. 

"Home..." I murmured absent-midedly. I caught Aizawa and Present Mic exchanging looks of worry.

"Okay, let's go." I said, earning two smiles.

~Aizawa's POV~

I held the door open for Todoroki and he exited, trying to hide a slight limp.

"Kid, I know you're used to concealing your injuries but you don't have to anymore." I told him and he appeared embarrassed. 

"Y-yes Sensei." He stammered.

"Call me Aizawa. 'Sensei' makes me feel old." I chuckled while Hizashi laughed openly. Todoroki's face was lost in confusion at why we found it funny but he simply nodded. 

We entered the waiting room loudly, thanks to Hizashi.

"TODOROKI." A voice almost shrieked. Damn, I forgot Problem child was still here. Familiar green curls dashed up to us and embraced a startled Todoroki.

"Midoriya." His lips tugged into a smile. Problem child looked up, eyes wide and earnest.

"I was so scared, Todoroki." He said shamelessly.

"I'm fine." Todoroki replied.

"You always say that." Problem child scowled jokingly. 

"If you don't mind, we need to get home." I interjected seeing the exhaustion in Todoroki. Problem child inclined his head and scooted back to All Might. Midnight approached us, swaying her hips like usual. She bent down slightly.

"How are you, Todoroki?" She said curiously. 

"Fine." Was his monotone response. 

"We arrested Endeavor." Todoroki flinched at his name and I sent Midnight a warning glare. She ruffled Todoroki's half and half hair and retreated. I put my hand on the boy's back and guided him out the entrance doors. Hizashi had got All Might to bring are small black car over earlier, so I steered the tired boy to the car park. I quietly opened the door and Todoroki looked hesitant.

"Go on, kid, you're okay." I reassured him and he climbed in. By the time I had got into the passenger seat, Todoroki had passed out in the back. A smile danced across my lips, nothing compared to the shiny grin Hizashi wore.

"We're parents!" He whispered excitedly. 

"Yeah... I just hope we can support him enough." I whispered back.

"Of course we can. Together." Hizashi was the only person who could lighten my mood. 

~Todoroki's POV~ Half an hour later

My eyes slowly flickered open and confusion hit me. Where was I? It looked like a car... Was that Aizawa? Present Mic?

"We're home." Aizawa turned to look at me and I nodded in a daze. His brow furrowed slightly and I shook myself out of it. Stop making people worry, Shoto. 

Present Mic neatly parked in a drive way, before a small apartment block, and Aizawa swiftly got out, coming round to open my door. 

"Come on kid." He said soothingly. Getting out the car, I felt both sets of eyes on me and I bowed my head. How could I be so weak to need reassurance for every action?

"Chin up!" Present Mic laughed happily. I let a small forced smile escape and he beamed at me.

"C'mon." Aizawa gently placed a hand on my back and led me into the lobby. He gestured towards the elevator and I followed though the metal sliding doors. Present Mic bounded in after us, grinning widely. Nothing was said as the elevator moved upwards, only a few comforting glances intertwined with concern. Stop making them worry. 

The elevator dinged to signal our arrival and we exited, Present Mic striding ahead as Aizawa shuffled behind me. 

"Here we are!" Present Mic flashed his teeth with joy as he unlocked the door. How could he be so happy and loud all the time?

"Hizashi, mind keeping it down?" Aizawa hissed. Present Mic just grinned sheepishly and threw open the door with a flourish. The apartment was extremely... normal. Not what you'd expect from two pro heroes, especially one as flashy as Present Mic. It was most likely Aizawa's choice then.

"You can go in, Shoto." Aizawa said softly.

"Shoto?" I wondered why he had suddenly changed to my first name.

"Unless you want to be called Todoro-"

"No, I prefer Shoto." I cut him off. 

"What about Sho?" Present Mic chuckled.

"That's reserved for siblings." I mock-growled and he snorted with laughter as Aizawa smirked.

"Let's go in." Aizawa ordered.

"Welcome to your new home, Shoto." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 84 7
After a last minute party plan, a surprise confession, all emotions are coming out to play in this story. Shoto's birthday might only be a few days a...
125K 1.1K 9
【❝𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋?❞】 dabi/touya todoroki × fem!oc ...
746K 22K 28
"Its just..." her eyes were brimming with tears. 'No please dont cry,' I silently begged, 'I can't stand to see you hurt.' "...I-I dont want to see a...
6.7K 138 9
Shoto Todoroki has been abused by his father since his quirk developed. Once he got accepted into UA he found it harder and harder to hide this fact...