The Polaroid's on the Wall

Per Rro110

*Complete* Cyrus is a normal 15 year old boy. He excels in school to the delight of his 4 overprotective pare... Més

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Some place special
Chapter 3: Here comes the Sun
Chapter 4: Breakfast at Tiffany's
Chapter 5: You're my Best Friend
Chapter 6: I wanna hold your hand
Chapter 7: Absence
Chapter 8: Best Friend's Brother
Chapter 9: The Savory Type
Chapter 10: Emotional Graze
Chapter 11: Forced
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: Killing Genevieve
Chapter 14: New friends
Chapter 15: Apologies
Chapter 16: He's got a boy crush
Chapter 17: Peace and Conflict making
Chapter 18: Destruction
Chapter 19: I'm Done
Chapter 20: Midnight
Chapter 22: Gay nerds
Chapter 23: No escape from reality
Chapter 24: Guess who's back
Chapter 25: Shoulder to cry on
Chapter 26: Let's fall in love for the night
Chapter 27: Clementine Marrios
Chapter 28: What they're like
Chapter 29: They got C-C-Chemistry
Chapter 30: The Start of Something New
Chapter 31: 16
Chapter 32: Murder
Chapter 33: Objection
Chapter 34: See you then
Chapter 35: Photofinish 1
Chapter 36: Photofinish 2

Chapter 21: Picture of Perfection

497 23 34
Per Rro110

Y'all I actually remembered by myself this time!!! Thank u for the thoughtful people who left comments reminding me anyways tho ❤️

TJ POV:

It was currently 7:00 am, I'd gotten dressed for "School" and was having breakfast as normal so I looked normal when mom and dad left for work.

As soon as they'd disappeared, I checked my phone.

Nothing.

Did I block him?

Did he change his mind?

Did-

'You coming?' Amber urged, getting her bag to leave.

'Can you keep a secret?'

'Of course,'

'I'm skipping,'

Amber crossed her arms, surprised, 'Why?'

'I'm spending today with a friend,'

'Have you told Cyrus?'

'No,'

'Don't you think he'd want to know,'

'Not really,'

'Why not?'

'He...broke up with me yesterday,' I informed her, flinching as the words brought back the painful memory that had been numbing me since it had happened.

'What!' Amber's eyes were close to falling out of their sockets they were so wide, 'Why the fuck would he do that?'

'Because he wanted to know about last year and I wouldn't tell him,'

'Why not?'

'I'm not proud of it!'

'You make it much bigger than it was,' Amber shook her head but hugged me, 'I'm so sorry,'

That's because you don't know the full story Amber.

'It's ok...I knew it wouldn't last.....I'm not good enough,'

Amber pushed my head, 'That's not true! And I reckon he'll come around,'

'You think?'

'Absolutely,' She scruffed my hair before going towards the door, 'I'll see you later, let me know if you need anything!'

'Ok, bye!'

And then I was alone.

Whilst I was finishing off my breakfast, I felt my phone buzz and almost dropped my spoon I was so desperate to answer.

Chris📸: Mornin Paparazzi :), if you're prepared to rebel against your goody 2 shoes ways and defy your average A grade then meet me at you know where in 20 minutes. Bring your record player 🎼

TJ💽: Damn, you're such a bad influence on me :( I'll be there with the player

That message made me feel like it was last year right now. Hanging out with Chris, texting him.

Him even calling me paparazzi again.

My heart in my throat, I packed my record player into my school bag and head out the door.

I knew where he wanted to go.

But whilst walking there I debated showing up at all.

The thing was, I felt really guilty.

Cyrus broke up with me yesterday and I haven't even thought about that much it since Chris showed up. I just feel like I should've.

But maybe is a good thing that Chris is here so he can take my mind off Cyrus and I can move on without the wallowing.

I hope.

When I got there I saw the Chevy Parked in the car park space to get the optimum view of the snowy cliffs and mountains that surrounded the lake. We were very high up so there was a wooden lining to the car park to stop people and cars from falling off.

I went to the passenger seat to see Chris looking at the view and then to me. The smile he had when he looked at me was...so...

Whatever.

Getting in, I joined him in admiring the landscape. The mountains were frosted with white that melted down the dips in the rock like an ice cream. As your eyes followed it to the bottom, there was an almost perfect circle of turquoise water that rippled with the wind and sparkled in the sunlight that burned in the pale blue sky above us.

'Just as I remember,' Chris whispered, 'It's so cold up here even when it's nearly summer,'

I nodded, 'You're just as I remember,'

He shrugged, 'I never change...and neither do you,'

I gazed at him for a second too long before I pointed at my bag, 'What did you want the player for?'

Chris bit his lip.

TJ, stop.

and pulled something from his own bag, 'I wanted to play this,'

Taking the thin package from him, I realised it was one of my own creations, 'You...kept the album I gave you?'

Chris dusted off the cover, his hand touching mine, only for a moment but the electricity that shot through my body was as if it had been a lifetime. I swallowed.

'Of course I did.....I listen to it all the time,' he said it nervously. Chris is hardly ever nervous.

You'd think he would be but he's crazy.

Not sure if I was ready to listen to these songs again, I placed the record onto the player and adjusted the needle.

Play song

'I loved this one,' Chris stated, 'Cavetown is everything,'

I grinned, 'I thought it suited us perfectly,'

'It does,' Chris assured me, swaying to the music, 'You feel nostalgic?'

'So much that it's scary,' I admitted, thrumming my hands on the cd holder, 'I don't know I guessed...things would be different when you came back,'

There was a pause.

'Is that why you stopped calling me?' Chris asked bluntly, his hazel eyes capturing mine before I could look away.

I didn't expect him to ask.

'No.' I sighed.

'Then why?'

I fidgeted with my sleeves, 'I couldn't watch you somewhere else getting on without me reminding me I didn't have a place in your life anymore. I just...missed you too much it hurt to see you,' I spilled the truth (tea)

Chris was smiling but it wasn't till he sniffed that I noticed he was crying. He wiped his tears on his bright yellow sweater.

'I'm sorry!' I apologised, 'I shouldn't have deleted your number,'

'I don't blame you,' he shook his head, 'It was selfish of me to ask you to be my friend. I guess...you were just my only one,'

'What happened with Riley and Stewart?'

'I didn't want to talk to them when they told me not to "turn gay from hanging out with pansies"' He rolled his eyes, wiping his face again.

'I'm so sorry,' I apologised again, 'I was being selfish,'

'No I was being selfish...I shouldn't have left you here,' Chris countered.

'You shouldn't apologise for following your dreams,' I pushed his shoulder, 'I would've done the same,'

Sniffing, Chris turned to face me in his seat, 'Maybe you can,'

'What do you mean?'

'You could apply to my school!'

'It's a bit late isn't it?'

'They took me!'

'That's because you're good,'

'You are good at photography! And if you want to do anything with it then you'll have the best chance at my school, besides, I could do with a friend and you could do with a change of scenery. A fresh start away from the drama here,' Chris made a few valid points.

'I don't know...I don't think I could leave my friends and Ambs behind. And as much as I want to get away from my family drama, I'd feel awful if I left my mom and something happened. I just don't think I can,' I made my own points.

Chris was clearly disappointed, 'I know...I guess I was just wishful thinking,'

There was a bit of silence whilst the song spun on until it was also filled with Chris noticing something.

'Is that my old hoodie?'

I looked down at the blue queen hoodie I'd purposely chosen to wear today, 'Yeah it is, you gave it to me when someone stole mine and I-...I needed it,'

He nodded, 'I remember, you never gave it back,'

'Did...you want it back?'

Chris chuckled.

'Was that a stupid question?'

'Yup,'

'Classic me,'

'Classic paparazzi,' Chris agreed.

Hearing his voice saying it was much more powerful than seeing it in a text. My heart skipped a beat at the nickname as I tried to stay calm.

'Speaking of,' Chris rummaged through his checkered vans school bag and pulled out a blue Polaroid camera, 'Brought my camera!' He handed it to me and got out of the car, gesturing me to do the same.

I stopped the record player and did so, shutting the car door, 'I see, you don't trust me with your  DSLR 33 million pixel auto focus optical zoom,'

Chris laughed, 'Teej, we're close but not that close,'

I smiled.

Thank god he still considers us close.

'So, you gonna model?' I asked as a joke but he gave me a "duh" look.

'Of course, you know they actually teach that at photography school too?'

'Oh really? I thought you were born with natural model talent,'

'Honey I was, but there's no harm in advice,' Chris was the funniest person I've ever met.

I didn't expect him to start actually modelling but he did.

He sat on the bonnet of the Chevy and crossed his legs over, his eyes in the direction of the sun.

I took the photo and shook it, examining it I was rather surprised.

He was so perfect.

'Were you kidding about the model thing?'

'Nope, it's an actual class.'

'You look amazing,'

Chris winked and changed his position on the bonnet to being a little further back, his legs bent to his left all across the car. In addition to the dramatic placement of his legs he put his arms down either side of him, his left shoulder pointing further forward than the right and his eyes looking down it.

I took another picture and he seriously was as good as Ru Paul. He could be on the cover of vogue.

We continued like this for a while until we'd run out of film.

Chris examined the pictures.

'You really are the paparazzi aren't you?'

'And you really are a model,'

'I like being in and taking the photos,' he admitted, 'I feel confident and empowered by both,'

I grinned, 'You literally radiate confidence all the time,'

Chris picked up the photos and went back to the car to put them in his bag.

'Wait!' I stopped him, 'Can I have that one?' I tapped the second one I took and Chris nodded.

'You building a shrine to me?'

'Of course I am, it's been going for a year now,'

He playfully shoved my shoulder, 'Alright, next stop Topshelf Vinyl!'

I got in the passenger seat as he drove us into central Shadyside.

When we got out of the car, Chris asked, 'You still learning to drive?'

'Yep, though I probably won't be able to drive for a while,'

'Probably not,' Chris agreed.

Before I could enter the shop, Chris pulled me back, 'We need to go to The Spoon so we can make the list!'

'Oh yeah, ok,'

We crossed the street to the diner and went inside, taking the same seats we sat in last night without even considering any other tables.

This was our spot.

Chris went to get a napkin when he noticed the dispenser was empty, 'Damn, someone must've spilled a lot of tea,'

His casual joke made me smile so wide my face hurt.

He beamed back at me until his eyes shifted to my right a bit to look at someone else. Chris waved at whoever it was before his eyes joined mine again.

Curiosity getting the better of me, I turned around and to my horror I saw Walker, Marty, Natalie and Cyrus sat at booth. They all stared back at me, Cyrus' sad eyes hitting me hard.

Whipping back round to look at Chris he inquired, 'Is that guy over there your ex?'

I nodded, 'Yes,'

Chris glanced over there again, 'He's cute,'

I felt sad, 'I know,'

Chris rested his hands on the table, preparing to get up, 'I should go say hi to the rest of the table,'

I shook my head, 'Why?'

He frowned, confused, 'Because...I haven't seen them yet? Besides, we need napkins and their table has some,'

'Ok just...be back soon,' I mumbled as Chris walked over there.

Cyrus POV:

When TJ wasn't at school today, I was honestly surprised. He didn't strike me as the type to do something like that.

I couldn't really blame him if it was because he wanted to avoid seeing me.

I miss him like crazy, I knew I would but I had to end it. I was just so stressed not knowing what happened that I felt awful. I had to put myself first.

But I wish he could've just trusted me enough to tell me what was going on.

I'd gone to school feeling selfish and I stayed feeling that way at school when he didn't show, presumably because of me.

But that feeling stopped when he walked in here with the biggest smile I've seen him wear whilst looking at that boy with him.

Who was he?

I felt so jealous but I knew I shouldn't have been. We weren't together anymore because of me and here I was getting upset because he's not crying at home about it.

I'm so stupid.

I became even more confused when the boy waved at our table and the others waved back.

'Who is that?' I asked Walker.

Before he could answer, the guy himself walked over cheerily to our table.

He was very attractive, his hair in big dark curls that just missed his hazel eyes that seemed to smile with his lips in harmony. I could feel the happy vibes radiating off him and tell that he was a very down to earth person. This boy just...doesn't seem like he'd be able to exude anything other than a tranquil state of humble confidence. He seemed as though he could fall over right now and not even care. Even the yellow sweater he was wearing gave me positive energy, he honestly looked like the sun. Who knew someone could be so aesthetically pleasing?

Wow.

When he got closer and spoke, I was hit harder by his beauty. Even his voice was soothing, 'Hey! How are you all doing?'

'It's so good to see you!' Nat gleamed, 'It's been a whole year!'

'Gosh you're just as I remembered,' Marty pitched in.

Walker was also cheered by his presence, 'I'm so glad you're here! We're good!'

The boy nodded and his extraordinary eyes met mine, they shined with intrigue, 'Hi there,'

'Hi.' I responded hesitantly.

He extended a kind hand to me, 'I'm Chris, you might have heard of me,'

Chris?

This is Chris?

I still don't know who he is.

But he has something to do with something.

I know that much.

I shook his hand politely, the contact of our skin making me instantly relax. Does he have magic powers or something?

'So...what are you doing back in Shadyside?' Nat asked him.

'Back from photography school for the summer.' He nodded, sweeping his curls from his eyes, 'Did Libby not say anything?'

We exchanged awkward looks.

Marty answered, 'We haven't spoken to her properly recently,'

Chris nodded as if he knew what we were saying.

'I see you're hanging out with TJ,' Walker pointed at the table. The mere mention of his name made me pained.

Chris seemed to notice this but didn't say anything, 'Yeah! We ran into each other and got talking,'

There was a weird tension between everyone but he didn't seem to mind.

'And...you're ok with that?' Marty raised his eyebrows.

He shrugged, 'Why wouldn't I be?'

'I don't know...because you two aren't exactly.....friends,' Natalie laughed sarcastically.

Chris made eye contact with me, I wasn't sure why but it gave me the impression we had a mutual understanding of something.

But of what?

'Well, it was nice seeing all of you. We should all hang out this summer,' He ignored Natalie's comment so well I should've been taking notes.

'We should,' the others agreed.

'Do you mind if I take some napkins?'

The others gave Chris permission to take some and said goodbye as he returned to sit opposite TJ, immediately writing on sed napkins.

After a minute or two I spoke, 'Please tell me what happened,'

'I don't think we should,' Nat shook her head.

'Guys, I'm not even with TJ anymore. I doubt I'll ever speak to him again. It's driving me insane that I don't understand and all of you do! Just tell me something!' I was so frustrated. It's tough being out of the loop.

They all exchanged a look before Walker sighed.

'Fine...we can tell you more but.....not whilst they're here,' He nodded his head at TJ and Chris.

As if on cue, the two boys got out and left The Spoon without a second glance and went across the road to the record shop.

'That was...easy,' Marty's eyes widened.

'Tell me!' I urged, desperate to know why they hated TJ so much. Not that it was really relevant to me anymore...I wish it still was.

I wish I hadn't gotten so worked up and made a decision without thinking about it properly.

Walker still leaned forwards and lowered his voice in a whisper, 'Last year, TJ was a really bad person,' he began, 'He wasn't the type of guy you'd wanna hang out with: He'd steal things, vandalise things and get into lots of trouble not just in school but outside it too.'

I knew he was classed as a "Bully" but I didn't know he properly disrespected the law other than doing drugs occasionally.

'Anyway, most people stayed well clear of him in order to not get on his bad side or be influenced to his. But sometimes he approached them,'

Walker paused, 'Chris was one of those unlucky people who was subjected to TJ's bullying. He never really seemed to mind it but it became a daily thing that one day...got out of hand,'

He grimaced, 'But instead of TJ moving onto someone new like usual...he kept harassing Chris only this time he forced him to invite him to his house to do his homework for him,'

Something wasn't adding up but I was glad I knew a little more about what was happening, 'Why does Libby care so much?'

Walker frowned, 'Oh, Chris is Libby's brother,'

Oh!

'I...did not know that,' my eyes widened, 'I can see why she'd hate TJ but.....he's truly changed. He doesn't do anything like that anymore,'

'He's clearly harassing poor Chris and he's only been here a couple days!' Nat argued.

Valid point but who am I to judge?

'You don't know that,' Marty reminded her, actually being reasonable,

'Libby's gonna be so mad if she finds out,' Walker added, 'I'm glad Jonah decided to try and calm her down after yesterday,'

The others continued to talk about it whilst I zoned out staring at the record vinyl store.

I still don't get it.

If TJ really is forcing Chris to hang out with him.

Why do they look so happy?

Why do they look like friends?

Why do they look so...perfect?

What do you all think of Chris and his relationship with TJ?

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

7.6K 122 12
Yes this is pretty badly written so I apologize from this point forward lol ⚠️~WARNING~ Will probably contain minor fluff so that makes you feel unco...
11.3K 335 38
It's the gangs first year of high school and a rocky road of feelings,stress and everything in the middle is ahead for them. See what awaits Andi,B...
25.9K 1.9K 33
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! I wanted to write a one-shot for pride month, but I turned it into a short story because pride month and my gay readers deserve mo...
55.2K 1.6K 41
*Complete* TJ Kippen, Jefferson middle school's boys basketball captain. His intimidating approach causes instant fear in most, earning the upmost r...