Thinking Out Loud || #Wattys2...

By kehlanixkordei

Camila is Miami Highs girls soccer team assistant. She's made fun of for no reason. But has the biggest crush... More

1: Washing Uniforms
2: Work Outs
3: Texting buddies
4: Hanging Out and Hooking Up
5: Rave Lights and Fight Nights
6: Paris
7: Making up and out
8: Smelling Revenge
9: My Everything
10: 1st Place
11: Problems
12: Conflicted
13: Homecoming
14: Daddy Divorce
15: Going All Out
16: Planning
17: The Big Day
18: Getting Caught
19: Loosing Myself
20: Trying to Reason
21:Last Games
23: Good News and Bad News
24: Slow Recovery
25: Going Home
26: I Hate ThanksGiving
27: Keeping a Secret (Not)
28: Results
29: Planning a Party
30: Emergency
31: Anger Managment.
32: A new Chapter
33: The Start of Something New
34: Lost it all
35: Over Time
36: First Day
37: Smash Into You
38: It Was Just a Test
39: Letting You In
40: I Know Im Not the Only One
41: Leave Your Lover
42: Picking the perfect one
43: Games Girls and Gems
44: The Last Step
Epilouge

22: Fix a heart

14.8K 441 133
By kehlanixkordei

Lauren's POV

I sat in my hospital room and sighed as the endless beeping kept going. My dad decided to run into work because some dumbass messed something up. Chris had a volleyball game. My mom....well she stopped by but left shortly after. My sister was off doing other things.

Camila.

I looked on the table by my side and saw my phone resting alone on its charger. I sighed and reached for it being carful not to pull the IV from my hand. I retrieved the device and unlocked it going to my text.

4:14 Camz please tell me you aren't busy.

I set my phone down in my lap and it instantly rang.

4:14 I'm not.

4:15 come see me in the hospital im alone.

I sighed feeling like she's going to deny my request.

4:17 I would love to Laur but my mom took my car so Id have to ask my dad and I don't want to get in a fight with him.

4:18 who the fuck cares about your dads opinion right now I need you.

4:19 you don't get it Lauren.....

4:20 what's not the fucking get? If my dad ever told me I wasn't allowed to see you but I knew you were going into surgery Id beg the shit out of him to let me be there with you. What the hell is holding you back?

4:22 I gtg

4:23 camila I can't take this anymore from you....

4:23 take what?

4:24 this constant fighting about seeing each other. I really don't care anymore at this point. And apparently neither do you so I guess I'll see you when ever.

4:25 it's not that I don't care Lauren. I'm afraid of my dad....it's too hard to explain. I just want to please him for once.

4:26 ......ok

I put my phone down and switched it to silent. My room door opened and Normani walked in with the first bunch of flowers.

"Hey. I had a feeling you'd bring flowers." I smirked sitting up.

"Well they make people who are going through the struggling times feel better." She said smiling and setting them down on a small dresser I had. I looked at her and smiled as she fixed the flowers.

"You know Camz won't come see me because she's afraid of her dad." I chuckled looked down.

"Want me to go pick her up?" Normani offered.

"No...no it's fine. I just wish she'd tell me why she's so afraid of her dad." I sighed looking at Normani.

"Ok. Look..." Normani sat down in a chair beside my bed and grabbed my hand. "Camila's dad was very very abusive when Mila was going through middle school. Everything she did was consider wrong in his eyes so she wants to please him for once. I'm sure he won't keep her from you while you are going through this but you have to give it time." Normani said looking at me.

"Why hasn't she told me?" I asked looking at my friend.

"She doesn't share that part of her with many people. No matter who or what you are to her. I only found out because Dinah told me. But then again. I think Alejandro is waiting for the day Camila sticks up for herself." Normani Shrugged looking at me.

"Well now I feel like shit." I sighed

"Text her and tell her to stick up for herself." Normani said looking at me.

"I should shouldn't I? I grabbed my phone and sent her the simple words. Stick up for yourself. I knew she wouldn't reply but I hoped she read it.

"Let's see how this works Mani...."
---
Camila POV

5:00 Stick Up for yourself...

I furrowed my brows and looked into the hall way at my parents room. I got up off my bed and grabbed a hoodie pulling it on and my black converses. Making my way down the stairs of my home I saw my dad sitting in the kitchen reading the news paper.

"Papi...." I said softly looking at him. He lowered the paper and smiled warmly.

"Hey Mija. What do you need?" He asked leaning forward.

"I want to go visit Lauren in the hospital...." I said looking down.

"You already know the answer to that." He shook his head picking the paper back up.

"Dad wait!" He looked at me. "I'm tired of always...of always fearing you might hit me again. Because I'm always in the wrong....Lauren needs me right now. Did I keep you from Mom when she was in the hospital? So why should you keep me from Lauren. We messed up once. Once! And you make it seem like I'm pregnant with her fucking baby! I'm not! I'm just want to see my god damn girlfriend why can't you understand that. It's plain and simple. I'm sorry I'm not straight. I'm sorry I won't potentially marry a guy with money like you probably want me to. I love Lauren. I really fucking love her and either you're going to take me or I'm going to drive myself!" I yelled at him. All the color in my face disappeared when he glared at me. I grabbed his car keys and ran back up to my room. I heard him chasing after me and I cursed him mentally for removing my lock. I slammed my door and put all my strength up against it. His foot steps stopped and I scrambled to move my desk in front of my door. Thanks for no upper body strength. I grabbed a bag and threw clothes in it enough to stay with Lauren. I heard a knock on my door and I looked at it.

"Karla let me in right now." My dads voice sounded.

"If you hit me I swear to God I'll call the police on you!" I opened my phone and set it up so that it recorded. Hopefully he wouldn't realize. I set it on my dresser and pushed my desk out the way of the door. She walked in and made me jump.

I braced myself for the hit.

Instead he pushed me softly.

"What?" I asked myself.

"I'm not going to hit you. You....Lauren came by a few days again and said so many things. Good things about you two together. I really hate the fact you're dating a girl that's intersex. Because God knows what could happen. But I knew Lauren was going into the surgery before you did Mija. I will allow you to see her but please don't stay long." He said looking at me.

"I'm staying. As long as she needs me dad." I said grabbing the bag off my bed and his car keys.

"Dad I'm 17...I can make my own decisions." I mumbled grabbing my phone and walking past him. I called Dinah and we decided to meet up at the hospital.

---
I walked into Lauren's room Normani was sitting there half sleep while Lauren was reading something on her phone. Dinah was going to get me food and I set my bag down by the door. Lauren had head phones in so she didn't hear me. I walked over to her bed and kissed her temple.

"Camz." She smiled.

"Hey."

She pulled her head phones out and placed them in her lap.

"Was it hard getting here?" She asked me moving some of my hair out my face.

"Yeah I guess. I'm just glad I'm here now. Dinah's here also I just don't know where the hell she went." I chuckled. The door opened and Ally walked in Dinah behind her.

"Look who I found." Dinah smiled.

"More like I found you about to give the vending machine a poly beat down." Ally smirked waking Normani up by shaking her.

"It took my money then got my chips stuck but I still got it though aye!" Dinah smiled holding up the bag.

"Well the gangs all here." Lauren smiled scooting over some so I could sit with her on the bed.

"Are you under room arrest?" Dinah asked.

"Yeah I can't leave the room until they get more information from my dad. He's on his way back. Then once they get the info and my dad signs the papers. Which is a waver basically saying if all goes wrong he can't sue the hospital. They prep me and I go straight in. The thing is only two people can stay after that. Not that I don't like you guys but I'd rather Camz and my dad be here. You guys can visit but visiting hours end once I get out and only the two-"

"We get it Lauren." Normani said shutting her up.

"You guys I'm nervous and I talk a lot when I'm nervous you know that."

I grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it.

"We get it Laur chill." Dinah smiled shaking her head.

Moments later Lauren's dad walked in with her siblings. He walked over to Lauren and kissed the top of her head.

"They are prepping for your surgery. You'll go down in a few hours. Two or three they say." He sat down.

"Lauren I'm going to run out to my car really quick I'll be back." I said kissing her softly. I grabbed dinah and ran out.

"What?" Dinah said.

"I want you to help me with something." I grabbed her hand and ran out to my dad's car. She stayed at the door. I prayed it was still there. I opened the trunk and saw my guitar case. I smirked. Opening it and seeing the guitar inside.

"Thank god!" I grabbed it and walked back up to Dinah.

"Want to liven the mood." I smiled holding it up.

We made our way back up to Lauren's room.
---

The two girls returned shortly. Lauren was sitting up talking to her brother. Her gaze turned to Camila making her do a double take seeing the black case she held.

"Camz?" The green eyed girl asked. She smiled at her girlfriend before pulling the guitar out and pulling it on her shoulders.

"Don't ask why I picked this song." Camila said. She started strumming and looked at Dinah.

It's probably what's best for you
I only want the best for you
And if I'm not the best then you're stuck
I tried to sever ties and I ended up with wounds to bind
Like you're pouring salt in my cuts

Dinah sang before looking at Camila who took the next verse.

And I just ran out of band-aids
I don't even know where to start
'Cause you can bandage the damage
You never really can fix a heart

Even though I know what's wrong
How could I be so sure
If you never say what you feel, feel
I must have held your hand so tight
You didn't have the will to fight
I guess you needed more time to heal

They sung together. Camila glanced at Lauren who was smiling but biting back a few tears. Camila herself was getting emotional.

Baby, I just ran out of band-aids
I don't even know where to start
'Cause you can bandage the damage
You never really can fix a heart

You must be a miracle worker
Swearing up and down
You can fix what's been broken, yeah
Please don't get my hopes up
No, no, baby, tell me how could you be so cruel?

It's like you're pouring salt on my cuts

Baby, I just ran out of band-aids
I don't even know where to start
'Cause you can bandage the damage
You never really can fix a heart

Baby, I just ran out of band-aids
I don't even know where to start
'Cause you can bandage the damage
You never really can fix a heart
Oh no, no, no
You never really can fix a heart
Oh no, no, no
You never really can fix a heart
Oh-oh, oh, oh-oh yeah-oh, oh, oh, oh
You never really can fix my heart

Lauren let her tears fall holding her arms out. Camila pulled her guitar off and hugged Lauren tightly sharing a shaky kiss and salty one from the tears coating their lips.

"I love you." Lauren mumbled into her neck.

"I love you more." Camila sighed into her shoulder.

After they settled down a bit they sat around waiting the longing hours away.

---

Heyo. The next chapter is going to be really really emotional and filled with emotions. So grab tissue and brace yourselves.

Anyways.

Guys I just want to thank you all for the love and support. You guys are my friends and family. 22.1K reads 996 Votes. 941 Followers.

Thank you all so much.

Why don't you guys get to know me. Leave me questions on my wall and I'll answer them. :)

Also. Comment below I love the feedback. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

735K 16.7K 50
They both have some bad pasts. Camila Cabello, a new freshman at Miami University, meets Lauren Jauregui, a breathtaking Sophomore. They fall for ea...
887K 17.3K 26
Lauren Jauregui is a singer with her best friends Normani Kordei and Ally Brooke who keeps her company during her shows. One day Camila Cabello decid...
216K 5.2K 24
Lauren Jauregui became friends with five weird yet amazing girls. Camila, her best friend, keeps on giving her mixed signals which lead to Lauren thi...
383K 7.7K 34
Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello have been friends for as long as they can remember. Along with their friends Ally, Dinah, and Normani- they face t...