American Dream

By EmmeMachineDiamond

More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Sorry
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Dear Diary
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26: In Charge

Chapter 4

704 47 10
By EmmeMachineDiamond

Lana’s P.O.V

I got into my car after saying goodbye to Marina and made my way home. I really needed a smoke, but I couldn’t risk doing it at school and getting caught. As soon as I was about two blocks away I lit a cigarette and cruised home. Inhailing and exhailing slowly I started thinking about the day. Marina was on my mind.

To be honest, people weren’t really my thing. I loved being on my own. I had been with a few guys before, but it wasn’t for love. Just for pleasure. Though, I seemed to be giving them a lot more than what they gave me.

I had never been in love with a girl before, and wasn’t even into them. That was before Marina. And you know what? I think I might love her. She was genuinely nice, and I felt a deeply connected to her. I can't explain it, but its like I’ve known her my whole life.

When I arrived home, nobody else was there. As always. I kicked off my shoes and lay down in front of the television. First day back at school and I was already so tired of working! The tv was blabbering some reality trash show, I was about to change the channel when my stomach started making weird noises. “Shut up!” I said. “You don’t need food.” I hadn’t eaten since breakfast this morning because I was trying to lose a few pounds, and because this was only the second day of my fast, my stomach was still adjusting to my eat less diet.

I had just enough time to change the channel to MTV before I heard my phone vibrate, signalling that I had gotten a message. Getting excited, I grabbed my phone I unlocked it, thinking it might be Marina. Oh. It’s just Calvin. As always, he’s wanting to know what Math homework we had. I texted him back, saying that it was only the three sums on page 5. I locked my phone again before setting it back onto the couch. I don’t remember how, but I ended up falling asleep.

I woke up to total darkness. Feeling slightly disorientated and groggy I instinctly checked my phone. It makes me quickly close my eyes once again. Fuck the screen is bright! I started to wake up properly and my eyes adjust to the light. It’s 7 already, and I have one new message from an unknown number! It must be Marina!

Feeling excited, I open the text .

Unknown number: Hey babe, it’s me Marina. :)

I quickly saved her number before replying. I was so happy that I was smiling like an idiot.

Elizabeth: Hey Marina. x  How are you?

I decided to take a bath while I waited for her to reply. The house was still completely dark, except for the flicker from the tv. I put on the lounge light to make my big empty house seem less scary. My parents weren’t back yet. They were probably on a business trip somewhere that they had forgotten to tell me about.

I ran the water, put my phone down next to the tub and started undressing. The water was nice and hot, I slipped into it and relaxed. I closed my eyes for a moment, then my phone vibrated.

Marina: I’m good thanks and you love? What you up to? X

Elizabeth: I’m okay. Just taking a bath quick. X

Marina: Wait. Are you taking a bath right now??

I gave out a huge laugh before replying.

Elizabeth: Yeaaaah, I am. Care to join? ;)

Fuck. I hope she doesn’t take it seriously and thinks I’m weird.

Marina: Okay sure babe, be over in a few. What’s your address? x

WHAT. IS SHE SERIOUS?? I knew that I should have told her that I was only joking, but I didn’t. Secretly, I was dying to see what she looked like naked. I asked her if she wanted to sleep over as well, and she said yes.

I was kinda nervous. A few minutes later I heard the front door’s bell ring. She was here.

*A.N*

Sorry for the late publish, but I’ve been out shopping the entire day and only got back now. :) I finally got a copy of Ultraviolence and am extremely happy. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter. X

- Emme Danielle

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 919 32
Sequel to Ultraviolence | Larina [MUST READ Ultraviolence | Larina FIRST TO MAKE SENSE] Marina has escaped her abusive relationship and has resided i...
5.2K 102 16
The sbi/tommy angst.
482 58 5
𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐆𝐂, 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬 𝐀𝐥𝐦𝐚́𝐧𝐳𝐚𝐫 𝐂𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝟏𝟔 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 �...
9.1K 151 27
𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 → Richard Madden ❝ 𝘞𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵? ❞ ↳ [𝘙𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘔𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘹 𝘍𝘦𝘮.𝘰𝘤] 𝘴𝘰𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘢 ...