The Abrupt Realities

By Sue__7

Milia never imagined that one of her dearest friends can affect many things in her life in that way. Her spir... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen (Part One)
Chapter Sixteen (Part Two)
Chapter seventeen

Chapter Six

42 14 5
By Sue__7

Miles

I woke up. It does sound simple but no it isn't. Each morning, I'm a lazy man's load, but today, I was on the edge of my bed. As usual, Scott was playing music, and suddenly I didn't mind.

"Miles?" Scott knocked on the bathroom door, cutting my shower thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"I'm grand!" I yelled and I guess he left after that.

After a while, I turned the tap off and got out of the bathroom. "Dude, are you okay?" Scott asked as he was leaning against my bedroom door.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" I asked walking past him to my wardrobe.

"You didn't complain or anything about the music?" He pointed out to what I usually do every morning he blast music.

"Optimistic I guess?"

"Optimistic about going to Cuba?!" He raised a brow.

"Not exactly,"

"I'll tell you what is exact; that you like the employee reserving our tickets today." He implied.

"That's not exact because I endured with her only once."

"Blah blah blah. You are into her." He said.

"Can I get dressed?" I closed the door.

"It's not exactly that Miles will let a person let him." He pointed out to Milia and I conversation yesterday as he walked to his room.

Let me state it crystal clear, Scott would literally ship me with a random tree. I'll never start dating unless I stabilize in a job, that's what he doesn't know. He's already burdened with a lot considering me.

I checked my navy-blue polo shirt in the mirror while brushing my hair. "Scott!" I yelled while putting on my shoes.

"For what is this hurry?" He came to the living room.

"For your slow ass?" I got up and opened the apartment door and he followed me down to the garage.

Scott directed me all the way to the agency. "Find a spot and park here." He yelled over the music he played.

"Good afternoon Sir. How can I help you?" The lady at the reception desk asked Scott as he was ahead of me.

"I'm Scott Williams, Milia Jonathan is waiting for us."

"Yes, she's in the second level turn the first right and she's at the end of the corridor."

"Thank you,"

"Hello," Milia got off her desk and shook our hands. Welcoming she is.

"Hey," I smiled and we all sat.

"I never imagined you in a workplace," Scott said.

"It's not really dry as dust as it looks," She said.

"You got the papers?" She asked and I handed her my visa and the file containing my identification.

"Let me see," she took the papers.

"The dates?" She asked.

"Formal question?" I asked her.

"Yes, sir. I need the departure date to see the flights available on these specific dates?"

"Then they are Fifteen may and Twenty, and you can call me Miles."

"Funny." She gave me a face and turned to the computer on her right.

"CEOs of sarcasm are clashing!" Scott cheered

"It's only one CEO," I said.

"Good you know it's me." Her gaze was still on the computer screen.

"Really? Prove it..." I challenged her.

"What else can I do to please you, Miles?"

"Let me think about it"

"Once in a lifetime mate, once in a lifetime," Scott stated.

"Let us say once in a rare wild dream. Here are the available flights at fifteen May," She turned the computer screen to us.

"How long does it take?" I asked.

"five hours and twenty-eight minutes. Have you been to Cuba before?"

"Informal?"

"yes, it's informal, but it's okay for not answering my bad for having a chat with stiff costumes." she had a mini eye roll. Scott gave me a reassuring facial expression. That's the stuff that comes across my mind when I say a simple he is the best.

"Yes, Milia I went to Cuba before."

"I recommend five am, you'll arrive around ten and you'll have all day."

"No, I need to have fine sleep before a five hours flight," Scott said and I wasn't excited so I didn't care.

"Four pm?" Scott nodded. "Which class?" she asked

"Economy," Scott replied.

"Okay, you can go play in the payment desk and then come back for the tickets."

"Where?" Scott asked.

"At the opposite end of this floor."

"Really?!" Scott exclaimed and I didn't know why.

"I'm really sorry the payment system on my PC is glitching since this morning and the IT will have it fixed by tomorrow but I'm off tomorrow."

"No, I mean, in the other agency, they used to send me to the bank to pay; it's a really stupid routine they have. Like employees aren't even authorized to do so."

"To be hired here you'll need to have a certain business course, that's why we are authorized." She explained.

"That's what I call fine service. When ill have the tickets?"

"once the payment desk confirms in the system that you paid."

"Well, I'll go and then I'll be back." Scott took the visa from Milia and left.

"Do you have any plans tonight? Since we're having the tickets today, I will have no excuse to see you" I asked her. "seriously, couldn't you find a better line to ask her out?" my conscious yelled.

"Actually, you don't need one. Yes, I'm having plans tonight. I'm having lunch today with my friends who are familiar with Scott, so you guys can join us."

"Good," I smiled inhaling oxygen. "Scott is a good cook, but I won't miss that."

"Under one condition you can come..."

I let my ego aside and said. "Hit me."

"I can ask you as many as informal questions which will cross my mind."

"I don't know your mind but I'm taking a guess that it's a booming one, and I'll be answering many," I said thinking about how I'll avoid some question. In situations like this sarcasm is my back up.

"Both of you are coming to lunch with me and my friends." She told Scott summarising, that I asked her out, but she already had plans today and invited us.

"Can I tell Teressa to come?"

"Definitely."

We will wait for her as we will all head to the restaurant after she finishes work. Wait, did she make the whole lunch thing because she's taken? Who the hell is Newt? Why did I assume she's single?

"What's wrong?" Scott probably noticed I was overthinking from my melodious foot-tapping.

"Who's Newt?" I asked and he put his phone down.

"She's single." He brushed my shoulder with him, and I didn't reply realizing my overthinking.

_______________________________________

Note: Tell me what do you think about Miles so far.

I hope you like it! vote and comment I'd like to hear your thoughts!💕

Send me covers to my e-mail: salmaasherif7@gmail.com with the subject:TAR Covers.

Salma:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93 24 12
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎•──────────────────• In a world where meaning seems elusive, one individual...
268 22 11
Its a story about a teenage girl who is in senior year of her high school. She have perfect family, perfect friend, perfect boyfriend but you know in...
64 0 24
Destiny hasn't had the best luck when it comes to relationships. Her boyfriend just cheated on her and she is left heartbroken until she lays eyes on...