Now or Never

By ASE715

BOOK 3 OF 3 It all comes down to this. The final fight. It's now or never. This story will contain Spider-Man... More

Chapter 1 ~ Turn Back Time
Chapter 2 ~ Sneaking Out
Chapter 3 ~ Alone
Chapter 4 ~ You Need Help
Chapter 5 ~ Somebody's Watching Me
Chapter 6 ~ If the kid is dead, so are you
Chapter 7 ~ Bet he'll say no
Chapter 8 ~ Fate of the universe
Chapter 9 ~ Get lost, Squidward
Chapter 10 ~ Looking like shit
Chapter 11 ~ Takes the end of the world to bring us together
Chapter 12 ~ Just like Phantom Menace
Chapter 13 ~ We're in the endgame now
Chapter 14 ~ Aftermath
Chapter 15 ~ Where's Fury?
Chapter 16 ~ Let's go get this son of a bitch
Chapter 17 ~ Moving on
Chapter 19 ~ Nicky?
Chapter 20 ~ Not even for Peter?
Chapter 21 ~ We're gonna need a really big brain
Chapter 22 ~ Getting the gang back together
Chapter 23 ~ The game is on
Chapter 24 ~ America's Ass
Chapter 25 ~ My dog can frickin' talk!
Chapter 26 ~ Now or never
Chapter 27 ~ Okay ladies, now let's get in formation
Chapter 28 ~ We're gonna be okay
Chapter 29 ~ One final mission
Chapter 30 ~ We didn't start the fire
Bonus: Back In Time

Chapter 18 ~ EVERYBODY STAY CALM!!!!

670 13 15
By ASE715

9 months later...

My phone rings, waking me up. I groan and look at the time before grabbing my phone and answer it without checking the caller ID.

"It's six in the fucking morning." I groan to whoever is on the other side.

"OH MY GOD, IT'S HAPPENING!" Tony frickin' Stark yells in my ear, jolting me awake and makes me jump off my bed.

"What the fuck, Tony." I groan from the floor.

"EVERYBODY STAY CALM!!!!" Tony yells.

"Nobody's freaking out but you." I groan. "Just calm down."

"I AM CALM!!!"

"Stop yelling," I whine as I sit up, holding the phone away from my ear.

"I'M NOT YELLING YOU'RE YELLING." I just roll my eyes. "JUST GET OVER HERE PLEASE! I NEED YOU!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I say as I drag myself off the floor.

"HURRY!"

"I said I'm coming!" I yell back. "I'll see you in a minute." I hang up the phone and then plop myself back on my bed to get five more minutes of sleep.

But that doesn't happen because the universe hates me.

Dad comes barging in my room without knocking. "Tony just called! The—"

"Baby's coming. Yeah I know. He just blew out my eardrum freaking out over it." I groan, my face in my pillow. Then realization hits me in the face. "He called you?" I ask as I lift my head up and look at him.

"Yeah, I was shocked too. Maybe he wants the whole team there for it." Dad shrugs. He's already ready and dressed while I'm still in my pajamas. "Get dress, we gotta go."He tells me, but I'm already half-asleep again and slowly drifting back off to sleep. He then pushes me off my bed so I fall on the floor once more.

"Okay, I'm up," I say as I stand up.

I use my speed to quickly change into some regular clothes and put on one of Roy's hoodies, which I took from the compound. I then pick up Dad with all my might and run us to the hospital where I drop him at the entrance of the building.

"How much do you weigh, jeez," I say as I shake my arms and roll my shoulders to get some feeling back into them.

Dad winces as he gets back up. "I think 250, maybe more."

"Really?" I ask unbelievingly.

"Yeah now let's hurry up." He says as we rush inside and to the reception desk.

"We're here to see Tony Stark," I say to her.

She looks at Dad and me wide-eyed. "Oh my gosh! You're Captain America and Speedy! Can I have a picture with you two?" She asks us.

"After we're done with the Stark's. Where are they?" Dad asks.

"Right. Follow me, please." She says and takes us to an elevator, pressing the button to the floor they're on.

Honestly I'm nervous and kind of shaky, but I glance over at Dad to see he's the same way. Once the doors open the two of us rush out and run to the room Tony and Pepper are in. We burst through the door, startling the both of them. Tony is next to Pepper's bed, totally freaking out and biting his nails nervously. Pepper looks uncomfortable, obviously, but she manages to stay calm as she lays on the bed and gives the two of us a small smile. Tony Stark on the other hand starts making weird inhuman noises.

"Tony, I'm the one having the baby here and you don't see me freaking out." Pepper scolds him.

"I got this, Pep," I tell her as I go over to Tony and slap him across his face.

"Ow!" He yells, holding his now red cheek.

"Pull yourself together, man," I say to him, getting myself ready for a pep talk.

"I don't think I can do this." He mumbles to me. "To be a father."

"You're Tony frickin' Stark for gosh sakes. You can do anything you put your mind to." I tell him.

He shakes his head. "What if she... feels like a she... grows up, hating me? What if I'm not good enough for her? Or worse, what if she turns out to be like me?"

"Do you hear yourself, Stank?" I ask him. "You've done this before with... someone else." I say, not wanting to mention Peter.

"Look how that turned out." He mutters.

"You also cared for me. When my parents died and I had only you guys." I say to him.

"The American Flag did most of that though," Tony says.

"You gotta give yourself some credit. Does 12% work for you?" I ask him.

A smile comes across his face. "Yeah. That works out just fine for me."

Tony seemed a lot calmer after that and I walk over to Dad, who's leaning on a wall in the corner of the room.

"Since when were you good at giving pep talks?" Dad asks with a slight smirk on his face.

"I learn from the best," I say as I nudge his shoulder.

Natasha and Bruce then burst through the door to the room.

"It's happening, everyone!" Natasha says. "The day Tony Stark becomes a father!"

That sends Tony into his fit once more. Nat and Bruce look at Dad and me confusedly.

"What's wrong with him?" Bruce asks.

"Oh, you know, him being the dramatic diva he is," I say as I go over to calm him down once more.

I look around the room once I get Tony settled once again. We got most of the original team back in the room together and it was nice honestly. If only we had Clint and Thor, but Valkyrie says that he only comes out for beer and that's about it. Clint on the other hand hasn't been taking things so well, I mean none of us still are, especially me, but he's been going on a murder rampage or something like that.

The doctor comes in and starts everything. Dad, Nat, Bruce, and I cheer Pepper on as she pushes the baby out and turns out it's a girl. They named her Morgan, which I have to say is a beautiful name. Dad, Nat, Bruce, and I cheer for the two as Pepper holds her newborn daughter in her arms.

"Congrats, Tony. I'm happy for you." Dad says as he looks at Tony.

Tony looks back with an appreciative smile on his face. "Thanks, Cap."

                                                                                   ...

"And that is how I met your father."

I look at the 4-year-old Morgan, who's sitting next to me in her tiny tent-like shed outside. A lit candle sits in the middle of the tent, illuminating our faces in the night.

"So Daddy was a big poopy head when you met him?" Morgan asks me with such innocent brown eyes.

"The biggest, but now I've grown fond of him. He's like an uncle to me which makes you my cousin." I say as I boop her nose and she giggles. I look at her closely. "You look so much like your father." There's a pause before I speak again. "You wanna see some embarrassing pictures of your father," I say as I pull out my phone.

"Uh-huh." She says as she nods her head.

She scoots closer to me as I pull up my camera roll and start scrolling through it. It was all fun and games until I scrolled on a picture that was supposed to bring happy memories but now doesn't.

"Who are they?" Morgan asks as she points to the people.

"Roy, Peter, Ned, and MJ," I answer her. "They were the best friends I had."

"Where did they go?" Oh, poor Morgan doesn't know what happened 5-years ago.

"They're gone," I answer her as I scroll through more photos of the five of us or just Roy and me.

"Is he your boyfriend?" She asks, looking at a photo of me on Roy's back and acting like fools.

I shake my head. "No. God I wish he was though."

"Why?" Is all she asks.

"You're full of questions tonight, aren't you?" I say as I ruffle her hair. "Because things happen and people... go. Something happened 5-years ago and now some of the people I care about are gone."

"Will they come back?" She asks ever so innocently.

"I don't know, Morgan," I answer, truthfully. "Part of me is still holding onto that small chance of hope, but it's been 5-years."

"You'll get them back." She says to me.

I look down at her. "How do you know?" I ask softly.

"Because I believe in you." She says, making me smile.

"I hope you're right about that." I sigh. "Because then maybe I could introduce you to Roy and Peter and maybe MJ and Ned too."

Morgan smiles and then yawns. "I'm getting sleepy, (Y/n)."

I smile at the child as she curls up on my lap. "I guess it's bedtime then," I say as I pick her up, her head laying on the crook of my neck.

I take her inside the house and upstairs to her room. I tuck her in, kissing her forehead and turning off the lights as I exit the room. When I do I'm met face to face with Tony.

I jump. "Jesus, Tony, don't do that," I whisper to him as I slap his arm.

"Sorry." He chuckles. "I saw what you did in there with Morgan. You're really good with kids."

"It's only because Morgan is an angel," I say to him as we walk downstairs.

"That she is." Tony nods in agreement. "When are you thinking about finding yourself a nice guy and settling down?" He asks me as we sit on the couch.

"When I find the right partner. And unfortunately, he isn't here."

—ASE715

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 207 17
After their short, peaceful time in Wakanda, Bucky and Azar must help the Avengers stop Thanos, an intergalactic warlord, from getting his hands on a...
3.9K 181 43
After a mishap on a mission, it's decided the Avengers need to be monitored. But not all agree. And on top of all that, one is blamed for something...
1.6K 14 32
Sometimes the villain wins, leaving those who remain in struggle, anger and dismay. But not all is as hopeless as it seems. They may be able to find...
1.1M 41K 50
❝Whatever doesn't kill me had better start running.❞ [across the marvel cinematic universe] [ant-man - spider-man:homecoming] [book two of ?]