Run With Me (The Maze Runner...

By TyraRogers

What if things changed? What would happen if Teresa wasn't the only girl to come up out of the box just days... More

Chapter 1 (The Maze Runner)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (The Scorch Trials)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (The Death Cure)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 5

5.5K 156 35
By TyraRogers

Amy's P.O.V.

The next morning I found myself walking along side Thomas to the Homestead for the Gathering.

"What do you think's gonna happen?" I asked, tucking my bangs behind my ears. Thomas looked at me as I spoke but kept walking.

"I don't know. Hopefully they don't banish us like they did Ben. That was probably the most painful thing I've ever watched. The look on his face was just...horrifying." he said.

"I know what you mean. It really upset me to see him so upset to go in the maze." I said. "But don't worry too much, Tom. Minho says that he won't let them banish us."

He looked me with a raised eyebrow.

"Minho told you this?" He asked. I nodded. "When?"

"Yeasterday, me and Minho were in the Dead Heads kiss-  um talking, yeah. And he told me that he wouldn't let anything like that happen to me. Or you." I explained, blushing a little from the little piece of information that I almost gave away. But that just gained his attention even more.

"Wait, what were you just about to say before you said you were talking?" He asked with an amused grin. I gulped.

"Uh, I have no Idea what you're talking about. I didn't say anything." I said.

"Oh really, because I distinctly remember you saying, and I quote, "Me and Minho were in the Dead Heads kiss" he said, still wearing that shit-eating grin. My cheeks immediately heated up and I avoided eye contact.

"Oh my god!" He yelled. Then he got closer and whispered. "You made out with Minho?"

"Oh wow! Would you look at that. We're here! Let's go inside." I said hurrying inside the Homestead.

"This conversation isn't over!" He called out. When I got in there all of the Keepers were sitting in a circle of chairs. I spotted Minho and he gave me a wink and a small smile. I returned it and sat in a chair along with Thomas who sat next to me.

"In place of our leader, sick in bed, I declare this Gathering begun." Newt started. "As you all know, the last few days have been bloody crazy, and quite a bit seems centered around our Greenbeans, Tommy and Amy, seated before us."

All eyes were on us and my face flushed with embarrassment. I looked at Thomas to find him in a similar state.

"They're not Greenies anymore." Gally spoke up. "They're just rule breakers now."

Everyone started whispering to each other about us and Gally's comment. Newt quickly shushed them.

"Gally, try to keep some buggin' order, here. If you're gonna blabber your shuck mouth every time I say something, you can go ahead and bloody leave, because I'm not in a very cheerful mood." Newt said.

Gally sat in his chair with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face. I almost laughed out loud but I didn't want to get into any more trouble.

"Glad we got that out of the way. Reason why we're here is because almost every lovin' kid in the glade has come up to me in the last day or two either boohooing about Thomas and Amy or beggin' to take their bloody hand in marriage. We need to decide what we're gonna do with 'em."

Gally leaned forward in his seat as if he was about to speak, but Newt stopped him.

"You'll have your chance, Gally. One at a time. As for you two, Tommy and Amy, you're not allowed to say a buggin' thing until we ask you to. Good that?" Newt said. We both nodded. "Zart the Fart, you start." I giggled slightly at the name.

"Well, I don't know. They broke one of our most important rules. We can't just let people think that's okay. But then again, they've. . . changed things. Now we know we csen survive out there, and that we can beat the Grievers." Zart said.

"Oh, give me a break," Gally spat. "I bet Minho's the one who actually got rid of the stupid things. I mean she's a girl for shucks sake."

"Gally, shut your hole!" Newt yelled, standing for effect. "I'm the bloody Chair right now, and if I hear one more buggin' word out from you, I'll be arranging another  Banishing for your sorry butt."

----

The meeting went and on like this until it got to Minho.

"Go ahead, last but not least." Newt said. Minho stood up out of his chair.

"I was out there; I saw what they did-they stayed strong while I turned into a pany-wearin' chicken. And Amy, she was the bravest of us all. She killed a Griever on her own. Without our help. No blabbin' on and on like Gally. I want to say my recommendation and be done with it." Minho said. I held my breath. Even though I knew Minho wasn't going to say anything bad , I still had to be prepared.

"Good that," Newt said. "Tell us then."

Minho looked at Thomas, then at me with a smile.

"I want these two shanks to be runners. As a matter of fact, I nominate Amy to replace me as Keeper of the Runners."

---

After the Gathering we all headed back to work,or whatever we were doing. It was decided that we get a day in the Slammer. Much to my dismay. The exact place I've been trying to avoid since day one. But whatever.

Minho caught up to me and Thomas on our walk with Newt to the Slammer.

"Hey, shank. Wait up." He said. I stopped and turned towards him, waiting for him to keep up.

"Hey," I said, putting my hands in my pockets.

"I think I deserve a lot more than that after I saved your butt." He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"Thank you, alot Minho. That was very brave of you to stand up for us like that. Now I didn't expect you to nominate us a runners, let alone Keeper of the Runners." I said.

"Amy, you should know that out of all of us shanks in the Glade, you are the most capable of being the Keeper of the Runners. I made my decision for a reason." He said. I looked up and smiled at him.

"And thanks alot for standing up to Gally for me. I was close to beating the klunk out of him myself if you hadn't done something." I laughed. He laughed with me and slung an arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah, I believe you. I can just picture it now. Gally getting his ass beat by a girl." He joked. I laughed along with him.

We came to a stop when we reached the Slammer. He removed his arm from my shoulders and faced me.

"So, I guess this is it." He said.

"Do I really have to spend the day in the Slammer?" I asked giving him puppy eyes. He chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"Yes, just because you're a girl doesn't mean you get treated any differently. Now If it were up to me, I wouldn't have you in here for a second. But, you know, Newt's orders." He said. I sighed.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later then." I said. He smiled and leaned close to my ear.

"Hey, I'll come back after my run and bring you guys something to eat." He whispered. I lit up.

"Really?" I asked excitedly. He nodded. I threw my arms around him. "Thank you so much!"

He chuckled and pulled away, then ruffled my hair.

"Stay out of trouble shank." He said, then walked away.after he locked in me and Thomas. I chose to sit on the dirt ground, seeing as the three-legged chair wasn't very appealing.

"So..." I said. Not really knowing how to start a conversation. Thomas looked over to me.

"So we never finished our conversation from earlier." He said with a smirk. I blushed. "Did you really kiss Minho?"

I sighed and looked at him. "Is it bad if I did?"

He grinned widely. "I knew it! That's not bad at all. I don't think so. I saw how you looked at each other. You like him don't you?"

"Well, yeah. I guess I do." I said smiling a little. He smiled back.

"Well, that's good for you, I'm sure he likes you too." He said ,making me blush.

We sat there in silence for a while. Not really knowing what else to say to each other.

I then thought back to a couple days ago when I was walking through the Dead  Heads. That guy. What's his name? Hank? He gives me the creeps. I thought about what he told me.

" I've been watching you and Thomas. I know you're up to somethin and I'm gonna find out."

What did he mean by that? I'm not up to anything. And I don't think Thomas is either.

"Hey, you okay?" Thomas asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at him and decided to tell him.

"Well, no. Not exactly. Do you know a guy here named Hank?" I asked him. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I know him. The guy gives me the creeps. He's always staring at me. Like he's trying to figure me out."

"Well, he came up to me a couple days ago." I said. This got Thomas interested. He sat up and put his hands on his knees.

"What'd he say?" He asked curiously.

"Well, he told me that he knows what I'm up to. He says he's been watching us, Thomas. And he says that we're up to something and he's gonna find out." I told him.

"And when he says we're up to something, he means you and me?" He asked. I nodded. "But we just got here. We can hardly remember who we are. Why would he say that?"

"I don't know, but it's been bothering me." I said. He puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, don't let him get to you Amy. He's just trying to get us into trouble." Thomas says.

"But what if he's right, Tom? What if Ben was right? What if we are bad people and we just don't know it yet?" I asked quietly.

"Then let's hope we don't find out."

----

The next morning Chuck came and unlocked the door for me and Thomas to leave. He looked like he was in a hurry.

"What's the matter Chuck?" I asked.

"Med-jacks sent me." He said.

"Why?" Thomas asked.

"I guess Alby's thrashing around and acting all crazy, telling them he needs to talk to somebody."

"Who's he asking for?" Newt said as he approached.

"Um. . . He doesn't want you."

What do you mean?"

"He keeps asking for them." Chuck said, pointing to me and Thomas.

"Well, come on."Newt  said, grabbing hold of me and Thomas's arms. "No way I'm not going with ya."

----

When we had entered Alby's room, he had his eyes closed and was breathe calmly.

"Is he asleep?" I asked/whispered.

"I don't know." Newt said. He took at seat next to the bed, and Thomas did the same, leaving me standing.

"Alby," Newt whispered. "Alby. Chuck said you wanted to talk to Tommy and Amy."

Alby's bloodshot eyes fluttered open and he sat up with a groan.

"Yeah." He croaked.

"Chuck said you were thrashin' around, acting like a loonie. What's wrong? You still sick?" Newt asked.

"Everything's . . . gonna change . . . The girl . . . Thomas . . . Amy . . . I saw them . . ." He said closing his eyes for a second. "Don't feel so good."

"What do you mean, you saw-" Newt began.

"I wanted Thomas and Amy!" Alby yelled. "I didn't ask for you, Newt! Thomas and Amy! I asked for freaking Thomas and Amy!"

"Fine, ya grouchy shuck. Theye right here--talk to them."

"Leave. " Alby told him.

"No way--- I wanna hear."

"Newt. Leave. Now."

"But-" Newt protested.

"Out!" Alby yelled, startling us all. Newt had a hurt look on his face. He stood up and opened the door.

"Don't expect me to kiss your butt when you come sayin' sorry." Newt said.

"Close the door!" Alby yelled. Newt obeyed and closed the door. I felt sorry for him. Being treated this way by his friend.

"I know who you are." Alby said, stunning us.

"I know who you are. Seen it. Seen everything. Where we came from, who you are. Who the girl is . I remember the Flare."

"I don't know what you're talking about. What did you see? I'd love to know who I am." Thomas said.

"Me too." I said.

"It ain't pretty. It's horrible, ya know. Why would those shucks want us to remember? Why can't we just live here and be happy?"

"Alby, the Changing, what happened? What came back? You're not making any sense." I said. He looked at me.

"We were right. The other day in the Dead Heads. You are my sister. My shucking sister. All this time." He said. My eyes widened. I have a brother? A real brother?

"You-" Alby was cut off by him grabbing his own throat and strangling himself. He kicked around.

"Alby!" I yelled.

"Newt!" Thomas yelled. Newt barged in and grabbed Alby by the shoulders.

"Grab his legs!" Newt ordered. We hesitated because Alby's legs kept kicking everywhere.

"Just bloody do it!" Newt yelled. We did as he said and attempted to hold Alby down.

"Let go!" He yelled at Alby." You're bloody killin' yourself!"

All of a sudden, it came to a stop and Alby's body relaxed. I took hold of his hand and he gave it a tight squeeze.

"I'm sorry, Newt.Don't know what happened. It was like . . . Something was controlling my body. I'm sorry. . ."

"Sorry's nothin'. You were trying to bloody kill yourself."

"Wasn't me, I swear." Alby said.

"What do you mean it wasn't you?" Newt asked frustratingly.

"I don't know . . .It . . . It wasn't me."

"Get your butt to sleep and we'll talk about it later." Newt patted him pn the head. "You're messed up, shank."

I leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to my brother's forehead before walking to the door with the others. That was until we heard him mumble something.

"What?" Newt asked.

"Be careful with the girl." He repeated, then closed his eyes

"Let's go." Newt whispered.

"And Newt?"Alby called out.

"Yeah?"

"Protect the Maps. And my sister."

------------------------------

Hey guys!

How'd you like it?

Please leave  comment. I love hearing what you guys think.

Comment and Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 888 53
Sandra was the only girl in a Glade filled with fifty boys and she was also the only sister to a certain Runner. There were no other siblings in the...
2.2M 60.1K 42
❝But now I know that wherever we are, or whatever we're doing, we'll always have each other.❞ You woke up in the Maze two years ago with no memories...
44.1K 1.4K 41
Ok. So this is my first fanfic and I probably won't do a good job on it, but it is worth a try. (y/n) your name. (Btw: I am horrible with titles) Y...
43.3K 1.3K 33
❝you like the girl shank, don't you?❞ | going poker-faced, minho stammered, ❝what?❞ ~ ✡ the new girl finds herself in the glade, but being the only g...